"a mathematical skill-testing question must be correctly answered to win any prize."

Golf4food

Male pirate last time I checked. Yep. Still male.
The below rules and regulations are copied directly from this link regarding the new Cinderella Suite at the MK. Take a good look at the last line, which I have highlighted in bold for emphasis.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter or win the Disney Dreams Giveaway. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Open only to legal residents of 50 U.S., D.C., Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico & UK. Void elsewhere and where prohibited. Giveaway runs October 1, 2006 -- December 31, 2007 (mail in entries postmarked starting September 18, 2006 & received by January 14, 2008, on 3.5x5 postcard with complete name, address, daytime phone #, birth date and proper postage sent to PO Box 8629, Elmhurst, IL 60126 USA). UK residents only mail to 483 Green Lanes, London N13 4BS. Castle Suite stay will be awarded most days starting January 25, 2007. It will likely be awarded early in the day for a stay that night and is only available to eligible participants at the Parks and Downtown Disney® area in Florida. Mail-in winners of Castle Suite stay and DREAM FASTPASS badge will receive a prize of comparable value. Approximate retail value of prizes advertised: Castle Suite stay US $587. Prizes range in value from US $3.83 to US $83,701. All prize awards are subject to verification. Odds of winning on a given day depend on the number of eligible participants at a selected location or within the mail-in entry pool for the time or date (as applicable) selected. Subject to Official Rules (see disneyparks.com/rules). Sponsor: Magic Kingdom Productions, Inc., PO Box 10000, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830.

For residents of Canada, a mathematical skill-testing question must be correctly answered to win any prize.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I'm no resident of Canadia (not a mis-spelling :) ) or anything, but... what the heck!?!?!? Can anyone explain this? :confused3

My guess is, there must be a law (or a loophole in a law) that prohibits a Canadian citizen from winning without proving some kind of "skills challenge".

I think in Canada, you can't just win something outright, you have to do something to earn it.

there's another thread somewhere on here where someone posted the answer to this-something about canadian law precluding games of chance-the math angle turns it into a skill based competition.

So I suppose all chance games and lotteries are outlawed in Canadia? Then the math skills challenge makes sense.

So what are these skills challenges like?

What is 2 + 2?
A) 4 (choose this one, it is correct!!!!!)
B) 800 billion
C) 0 - math is an abstract construct that can never truly be defined within human norms
D) 101 Dalmations

Golf4food said:
So I suppose all chance games and lotteries are outlawed in Canadia? Then the math skills challenge makes sense.

So what are these skills challenges like?

What is 2 + 2?
A) 4 (choose this one, it is correct!!!!!)
B) 800 billion
C) 0 - math is an abstract construct that can never truly be defined within human norms
D) 101 Dalmations

probably...but maybe a little more challenging.

For our bowling league, we used to have a 50-50 drawing but somehow or another that's considered "gambling" now. So, when someone wins the 50-50 they have to hit a minimum of so many pins with their next ball to get the $$$.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter