• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A May Disney trip we're STILL paying off! A young couple's report! NEW 12/6!!!!!

WOW that's exciting Michela. I really hope it works out for you. :goodvibes

Hmmm Tom Sawyer Island. I honestly can't think of a time that I ever went over there. Ever. And I've been to Disney A LOT!. But playing with the guns looks like fun... :scratchin

Bahaha, OMG that spelunking story is priceless. Good advice too, make sure you are familiar with whatever it is you're making up. :thumbsup2

Thank you!!! I reeeeeally hope it works out too.

You have to check it out! It's definitely a hidden gem! I think I spend at least a good hour over there every time!

Thanks for the update, and glad to hear you will be revisiting your Disneyland report.

No problem! And actually, I posted an update today so feel free to go check it out!

HOLEY MOLEY it's been an eternity since I've posted! And I'm so darn close to the end, too!

Anyway, quick update...scratch that last update about me going to Disney World.
It unfortunately didn't work out. WOMP WOMP.
:sad1:

Back to da trip report!​

Alrighty.
So we were headed to get some lunch. Wheeeeeere??
To Pecos Bill's for the SECOND time this trip!

I'm not positive on what we ordered but let's say P got either the taco salad or the bacon burger and I went with the pulled pork. And that's basically Bill's whole menu for ya, lol.

And for some reason the hand wipes made me sad. So, please enjoy this highly unattractive photo of me.

fejt5z.jpg

Maybe we had some time to kill because I decided to have yet another photo-shoot of Patrick wearing my Minnie ears, which he, yet again, obliged to. Silly boy.

fvzrbo.jpg

vhe2z8.jpg

bhjfpu.jpg

Which quickly escalated into "keep taking a rapid stream of pictures until Patrick gets so annoyed and up and leaves you stranded in Disney".

o7m1oo.jpg

Girlfriend of the year award!

...proooobably didn't go to me.

11rbvgi.jpg

But seriously...

14v7evs.jpg

I am currently accepting new applications, if ya'll are interested.

Just send a stamped envelope to the following address...

2vam3w5.jpg

Oh. You thought I was serious. #awkward

:3dglasses

ANYWAY.

He finally had had enough and got up to leave...

2cdeom0.jpg

Buuuut, reluctantly...returned!

jhrotu.jpg

2n9mdky.jpg

And immediately regretted that decision.

2dcelco.jpg

vnh8nn.jpg

2duf0uw.jpg

Annnnd this is where I stopped, when he started to get really mad. Whoopsies.

:rolleyes1

Now, I swear we (I) did not waste our last day sitting in Pecos Bill's snapping forced candid after candid of Patrick, even though it may seem like it. Trust me, we were trying to cram in as much stuff as we could! Sometimes I just get sidetracked. Lol.

Aww boo on no Disney Trip.

But OMG this is one of the funniest updates ever. Long live digital photography and the ability to take so many photos without worry of wasting film. :thumbsup2

Great update! :)

Thanks!

Aww boo on no Disney Trip.

But OMG this is one of the funniest updates ever. Long live digital photography and the ability to take so many photos without worry of wasting film. :thumbsup2

I KNOW! I love it! I'm sad there's no Disney either but on the bright side I'm going to Florida on one of my breaks and I'll be getting to squeeze in a couple days! Thanks Rob! princess:

After finally leaving Pecos Bill's, we ventured all the way back over to Fantasyland.

But not before stopping to see this moderately alright-looking Jack impersonator!

8zeowh.jpg

One of these days, I'll actually hang around to watch this show or whatever it is. I always walk by it after its already been started and there's a big ol' crowd gathered already. Merrrrp.

AND THEN!
We found ourselves in Fantasyland (while stopping at a few attractions and things on the way, I'm sure) and we jumped in a long line to meet Merida!

The movie had yet to come out yet, but I had already declared my love for the spunky, young Scot. Patrick had even surprised me earlier in the week with a shiny new Merida pin, so OF COURSE we had to meet her. (And yet I still don't have a Rapunzel pin, hmmm)

We were one of the first groups in line, but we still waited for a looooooong time. Mostly, because she wasn't out yet. It was HOT. This was like one of my first times waiting in a long line for a character as an "adult".

Once Merida had arrived, and the line started to move, I noticed a teen girl in front of me had a toy replica of Merida's bow and I knew I just HAD to have it.

They were letting kids practice archery in line, and there was a continuous battle in my mind over whether or not I should join. In the end, the "I'm 20 now" side won over and I unfortunately did not get to show up all the 5 year olds with my awesome archery skills. Next time.

Finally, we were next to meet Merida! The young character attendant started chatting with me about the locket I was wearing. She was one of the rare ones that actually recognized where it was from, the TV show "The Vampire Diaries". So obvs, me and Merida's character attendant hit it off pretty well.

Then it was our turn! It was quite the experience! I can't really remember what we talked about, but she did chat with us for quite a bit! Long enough to make me feel like I had to rush it along because I felt guilty that I was holding up the line. Lol. And her accent was spot on!

aetafk.jpg

wcfr54.jpg

I had a ton of awesome Photopass pics from this meet, but unfortunately they all went "poof". Which stinks, but what are ya gonna do? If you answered bawl and bury yourself under the covers for three days while questioning why the Universe hates you so much, you'd be correct.

Anyway, after an awesome and well worth it meet and greet, we walked out to the kiosk right outside to enquire about my bow. There was an old CM manning the cart, and he was the cutest, nicest guy ever. He had Merida's bow available at a price of $19 and change. I declared it "worth it" and purchased it right on the spot. The CM referred to me as Princess (rightfully so) and he was just so chatty and friendly. You could really tell that he loved his job of selling Merida merch right outside her meet and greet. Loved him.

The bow came with a mini quiver that held a few suction cup arrows. Of course I wanted to break that bad boy in immediately, so I ripped open the packaging and donned that quiver and bow over my shoulders proudly. And maybe shot a couple of arrows around Fantasyland...

BEST. DISNEY. PURCHASE. EVER.

Alright folks. We are almost at the end.
Join me for my final update, next!

So funny you post this now because I just finished watching Brave for the first time, but it's not so bad since the movie wasn't out yet... then... or something.

I would have totally done the archery thing though. :goodvibes

But alas I haven't met her yet. I'm waiting for FP or something since the line is always crazy long whenever I'm there.

CM's rule... 'nuff said.

So funny you post this now because I just finished watching Brave for the first time, but it's not so bad since the movie wasn't out yet... then... or something.

I would have totally done the archery thing though. :goodvibes

But alas I haven't met her yet. I'm waiting for FP or something since the line is always crazy long whenever I'm there.

CM's rule... 'nuff said.

HAHAH! I still regret not doing archery...

Ahh I have so many TRs of yours to catch up on!!

You're back! Looking forward to the wrap-up.

After what feels like a millennium, I'm finally ready to finish it!

Subscribed!!! You guys seem so fun! :):cool1:

Aww thank you so much!

So. After about a whole TWO YEARS AND SEVEN MONTHS, I have finally made it to the end of my first trip report. Thanks to all of you that came along for the ride, whether you were a commenter or a lurker. This has been such a fun experience and I'm so glad to have stumbled onto this community last year. I have learned so much!

party:

OK. So after meeting up with Merida, we went on our last ride of the trip, the teacups. We passed construction for the New Fantasyland and I just had to snap a pic of this crane thing that said "lull" for my friend Mitch back home.

a1036r.jpg

You see, "lul" is how we spell "lol" to each other so it was an inside joke kind of thing that escalated over the years. You can learn all about it AND meet Mitch in my Disneyland trip report...just click the link in my signature!

While in line for the teacups, I played one last round of my favorite game.

20h09zp.jpg

jg1sah.jpg

2qtwb3t.jpg

Perry face!

ib9i0j.jpg

vipopy.jpg

d60pt.jpg

After spinning ourselves silly, it was finally time to take that last trek back to Pop and get ready to board the Magical Express. *insert sad face* We had checked our bags previously that day, so all we had to do now was wait. We waited right outside the lobby doors. And waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. And waited.

In the meantime, we had an archery contest with my new bow and arrow set that helped passed the time. I also checked out our gift shop one last time in hopes of finding one of those rubber digital watches with the mickey head. I couldn't decide on a color though, so opted out of getting one since I didn't really need it anyway. #coolstory

Eventually, the waiting just got ridiculous. Did we miss the bus? Was it coming? Ummm...wasting valuable Disney time here!

We enquired about it with some CMs. Guess it was just late? I don't really remember. A bus finally pulled up a little down-ways from the lobby doors and I walked towards it along with a big group of classily-dressed people. Mmkay. It was a Cruise Line bus, but I thought nothing of it because that happens all the time. Turns out, it was a wedding party bus and I didn't realize until after I tried to get on and was stopped by a "Umm, this is a wedding party..." Whoops. #awkward

Eventually, our real bus came and we piled in. I wasn't quite as sad I was the last time that we were on our way back to MCO. Like I said, this trip just wasn't as special because of all of the fighting and whatnot. Plus, it had been LONG and I had hit a food wall so bad I couldn't wait to get back home just so I could eat normally again. I know, gasp!

As usual, we picked up people from what felt like 97 other resorts and I fell asleep, hard. When I woke up, I felt like I had been sleeping for years and we still weren't even done picking up people yet. These rides back to MCO always seem to take an eternity to me. Which is usually a good thing, but at this time I was so ready to be back home.

Finally, we made it to the airport. The Magical Express always drops you off hours before you need to be there, so of course we checked out the Disney stores there! Gotta squeeze in that last bit o' magic! I decided to see if they had the digital rubber watches here because I was having second thoughts and wanted one again.

On our last trip, both of our phones both broke and we had no way of knowing the time, which led us to picking up one of these cute watches. It was blue, rubber and had a small hidden mickey head design on it. Stupidly, I wore it at Blizzard Beach and it got water logged (duh) and it broke. So, I wanted another one to replace it.

I had been hesitant to buy another one all week, and now that we were off property, of course I was decided on getting one. I asked the CMs here if they had them and they didn't really know what I was talking about. Finally, we were able to find just one and it was pink. I didn't really want the pink one so I decided not to get it. I'm so silly and indecisive!

Anyway, we went to grab food next before heading to our gate so we went to Sbarro's. We got pizza and some type of greasy, garlicky bread product and regretted the decision immediately. We chowed down fast, and it was just so greasy and gross that we felt sick and disgusting all the way home. Oh well, ya live and learn. And that day I learned never to eat at Sbarro's again.

Our plane was finally boarding, and while we were waiting in line, I was eavesdropping on two young girls in front of me talking about Disney. The one girl was talking about how she had just finished the college program and had went on a character look a like audition and the other girl and her family were very interested (as was I).

The two girls started chatting about Disney and the DCP and other things and a few adults around were chiming in, too. I also really wanted to chime in, but felt nervous about it because I didn't want to seem rude. In the end, my curiosity and excitement won and I politely cut in and asked the one girl about which character she wanted to audition for. (I knew really nothing about auditions or the DCP at this time, but was very interested in learning. Of course now I know that you don't just audition for a specific character!)

My question got a very rude answer. The girl pretty much snapped at me with a dirty look and said "Umm, I can't say.", like it was the most obvious answer in the world and that I had offended her royally. Then some mom piped in and said, "They're not allowed to talk about what characters they audition for. And they don't audition just for one character, you audition for any". She was also pretty rude about it. I said "Oh, ok" and shut right up after that. AND Miss DCP continued to give me dirty looks when I passed her seat while going down the aisle of the plane. Ummmmm, okay. Sorry. Lol.

Well, that wraps it up! We landed sometime around midnight, and my mom picked us up and drove us home.

Actually being home again put me right back into Disney withdrawal the next day. Go figure. I immediately wanted to plan our next trip. This led me to finding Disboards for the first time. I stumbled on one of PrincessJess508's reports and just thought it was so amazing and inspiring! I was immediately addicted to the whole concept and wanted to join...so here we are today!

Thank you so much for sticking with me for this text heavy update! I'll be going back to the World in January so I'll be starting a brand new TR!

Bye for now! :wave2:

Michela, you finished!!!!

applause.gif

I have to give you credit. Not many people would do that, so I have to give you props.

I know you took the pic of the crane for the "lull" of it ;), but crane pics have became quite the thing lately. When I was there in September, cranes were everywhere, so consider yourself a trendsetter.

Oh so NOW you do the archery. :rolleyes2

Haha, yes that would be awkward to almost walk on a party bus. But admitedly, it would have been cool too.

I have heard lots of stories about snobby behaviour from some auditioners (not sure if that's a word but whatever). It makes me glad when they don't get chosen. Not exactly very CM like to me at all.

I bet the Frumps created a lot of TR writers, and for what it's worth, Jess is as lovely in person as you'd hope. I only met her once briefly, but she was so incredibly sweet.

Even though it took a while, WELL DONE on your very first TR!! The fact that you didn't give up on it speaks volumes. And YAY for another trip!!! I'm getting back too at the very tail end of January and I can't wait. I've never been at that time of the year before. I hope your trip is all kinds of magical! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter