A MDE/Magic Band Can You Do This Question

PrincessArlena'sDad

DIS Veteran
We have a trip planned for summer 2019, room and ADRs booked (we'll be getting military salute tickets, but didn't buy them yet). The whole family is on my MDE, and has been for years, and we each have a magic band. No one has a separate account.

My 18 yr old DD will be going in Feb with her orchestra. Is there a way to create a new account for her, and still use her old magic band? Or, to use her old magic band, and make FPs, she'd need to have access to my account?

Thanks.

My 18 yr old DD will be going in Feb with her orchestra. Is there a way to create a new account for her, and still use her old magic band? Or, to use her old magic band, and make FPs, she'd need to have access to my account?
You have two options.

The first would be to give DD your MDE username and password.

The second would be to create a separate MDE account for DD. Once that account is created, go to YOUR family & friends list and click 'Update' for the profile you manage for DD, then click 'Invite to Connect' and then enter the email DD used to create HER MDE account. Once DD accepts the 'Invite', any tickets & MBs would transfer over to her MDE account and be under her control. Also, any plans she is currently a part of would display on MDE account.

If you call Disney, they can help with option 2 if you feel uneasy about the steps involved.

You have two options.

The first would be to give DD your MDE username and password.

The second would be to create a separate MDE account for DD. Once that account is created, go to YOUR family & friends list and click 'Update' for the profile you manage for DD, then click 'Invite to Connect' and then enter the email DD used to create HER MDE account. Once DD accepts the 'Invite', any tickets & MBs would transfer over to her MDE account and be under her control. Also, any plans she is currently a part of would display on MDE account.

If you call Disney, they can help with option 2 if you feel uneasy about the steps involved.
Thanks. If we do option 2, would I still be able to manage all the plans for next summer? Any potential annoyances (in terms of using DME) with her having her own account?

I wouldn't add the tickets for next summer until her orchestra trip is completed. I know that could cause headaches!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter