A message from a webmaster re: Covid-19, politics, reporting posts

Have you tried using ADblocker?
Yes I do use two, AdBlocker+ and uBlock Origin, on my desktop and laptops, work great. Android phone, no. Those who have posted often on the dis popup spam threads here (which do seem to have been corrected :thumbsup2 ), myself included, have lamented that it seems there is no effective ad blocker available for Android, short of changing browsers. The ad I spoke of above was on my phone. I know I would not have seen it on any of my DT's or LT's.

Ha Ha. You will only notice if you hang out on one long-standing thread that been around for months. If you jump around from thread to thread with different posters than no you wouldn't notice. I don't put people on ignore for long.

I recently read a pleasant thread with some posts blocked. I noted how calm I felt before clicking ā€œread ignored postsā€... read the ignored posts and determined I had indeed made the right decision to ignore. Not clicking that ā€œread ignored postsā€ anymore.
Rose colored glasses back in place. :)

I recently read a pleasant thread with some posts blocked. I noted how calm I felt before clicking ā€œread ignored postsā€... read the ignored posts and determined I had indeed made the right decision to ignore. Not clicking that ā€œread ignored postsā€ anymore.
Rose colored glasses back in place. :)
Just curious...do the threads even make any sense with a whole bunch of the posts missing? I've never blocked anybody but it strikes me like it would really mess up the context of some threads.

If you don't reply to this I'll have to assume you've blocked me and didn't see it. ;)
I seethe with rage at those who like a post that concurs with a post that was posted by someone who disagreed with me about something. And donā€™t get me started on people who disagree with someone who liked a post that agreed with one of my posts.
This "my enemy's enemy is my friend" thing would be solved if we just had a "dislike" button. Then those posters wouldn't have to be so passive-aggressive in their attempts to bug you, if in fact they actually are. :confused3 It still amazes me that anybody is tracking along that closely with what others are "liking" or not.

Just curious...do the threads even make any sense with a whole bunch of the posts missing? I've never blocked anybody but it strikes me like it would really mess up the context of some threads.

If you don't reply to this I'll have to assume you've blocked me and didn't see it. ;)

This "my enemy's enemy is my friend" thing would be solved if we just had a "dislike" button. Then those posters wouldn't have to be so passive-aggressive in their attempts to bug you, if in fact they actually are. :confused3 It still amazes me that anybody is tracking along that closely with what others are "liking" or not.
Turns out the people I choose to ignore actually add absolutely nothing to the conversation. Flows fine. :)

I seethe with rage at those who like a post that concurs with a post that was posted by someone who disagreed with me about something. And donā€™t get me started on people who disagree with someone who liked a post that agreed with one of my posts.

it actually puzzles me why anyone would get so upset about something posted on an Internet forumšŸ˜³. Itā€™s just to easy to shut off a device, walk away and find something else you enjoy doing.

It's the stalkers that really annoy me. The ones that will like every post that disagrees with something you said, or they can't bring themselves to like anything you post even though you know them well enough to know they agree with you.
I totally disagree.
Mash that l like button you stalkers!!!

The mods and admins here are VOLUNTEERS.

We are also personally dealing with all the fallout of the current crisis- job loss, illness, isolation and uncertainty, financial disaster.

We want to keep the DIS a place of refuge and civil discourse, but spending every waking moment monitoring the boards and cleaning up messes really is not what we need to be doing now.

I have a great amount of respect and gratitude for our members, who have been GREAT about supporting each other and keeping most conversations respectful and safe!

I just wanted to say thanks! :love:

Instead of Adblocker it could be called DISblocker!! :rotfl:

And no I've never put anyone on Ignore but being a substitute teacher for 34 years I developed a very thick skin!

I donā€™t pay much attention to ā€œlikesā€ but I canā€™t help but notice the one poster who is always the lone outlier in serious discussions reacting with LAUGHTER and SHOCK. I assume this is their attempt to belittle others, but the result is that I now picture this person as manic in real life, constantly vacillating between hysterical laughter and falling dramatically upon their fainting couch. :rotfl2::scared1::rotfl2::scared1::rotfl2::scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter