A message from Mr. Tom Morrow

Mr. Morrow, you will truly be missed. I used to ride the TTA just to hear that page. So sad. I hope they bring you back. Please, please, pretty please with sugar on top.:sad:

This stinks! I was there in September over Labor Day and heard the page while waiting to go onto the Carousel of Progress. I chuckled as I do every time I hear it. Then we headed to the TTA and were disappointed to see that it was down for referb as I had a friend who was visiting Disney for the first time and I wanted to show it to her. I also have to admit that I have never ridden it <gasp>:scared1: So now I will not be able to compare it to the original... <sigh>

Feels like the powers that be are sucking the soul out of WDW, one tiny piece at a time :sad2:

This is terrible news! I just rode this on September 21, as I hadn't gotten to it for the last couple of trips. So glad I got to hear it one more time. I was going to drag my kids on next trip, so they could experience it too. Now they will never hear it. Why :confused:

This is certainly not the only thread announcing the change, but I'll post on this one. I read about the change on another thread a few days ago. WHen I told my family about it they were pretty ticked, and surprised. The funny thing is, the TTA is my 6 yo 's favorite ride. She immediately started crying and at one point went into the kitchen and yelled out "This is STUPID!". We had to calm her down. She's a Disney girl, having been 13 times since she was 3 mo old. She doesn't like her stuff "messed with". I am SO daggone tired of "the powers that be" messing with crap that ain't broken at WDW. I would hope some attention is paid to discussion boards and CM's(one guest said the CM at TTA had heard several complaints). We know what we want, and it ain't always change....if it ain't broken don't fix it! I love feeling sentimental about Disney...hard to do when they keep screwing up the good ol stuff.:sad2:

I posted in the other thread, but will post in this one too! I am seriously ticked! WTH????

Mr. Tom Morrow I am soooo sorry, your party from Saturn will be waiting a long time! I really feel sorry for those with forward facing tentacles, I just hope no accidents occur. It will probably take a bunch of folks getting slapped in the face or tentacles getting clipped for Disney to do something about this! For anyone attending an event at the Interplantary Convention Center, be careful, your stop is no longer announced. I swear what was Disney thinking?

I'm going to move this over to the theme parks community board.

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad1:

I already know what rides are there! :rolleyes:

Having ridden the TTA 6 times in the last two days, I can say I am not thrilled about the new narration, but it's not as terrible as I thought it was the first time I rode. My biggest problem is that there are no standout 'quoteable' lines like with the old version. I think the old version had plenty of gaps, problems, etc., but it was always fun to hear certain parts in various places in Tomorrowland. This new narration is better fleshed out, but it just lacks anything memorable. About the only line I can think of as being potentially quotable (at least the only one that stuck with me) was the bit that the Peoplemover "never stops" near the end of the attraction.

I think the narrator sounds a bit like the narrator on the SSE descent.

By the way, anyone know where I can find some audio files of the "Paging Mr. Tom Morrow" and "Now Approaching" bits? I don't want the entire TTA recording, just those 5-10 second files, if they're available somewhere. I checked Mousebits, but didn't see anything. However, that doesn't mean they're not there, I'm notoriously bad at searching that site. Thanks in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter