A moment to breath! And catch up with my disnerds!

wooohoo!!!! 10 days to departure! So much left to do. Get the RV cleaned up and ready to roll 2k miles. It's time for annual cleaning and waxing plus some minor maintenance.

She just needs a little cleaning and love. Then some general maintenance before we hit the road.

However, before we could be ready for Disney. We had some wedding planning to continue doing AND a wedding to attend. Melissa's brother and my future in laws, Chris and Katelyn got married on July 5th. It is was a wonderful wedding in NJ and we all had a blast. Really, I was the lucky guy with 3 amazing dates who where also in the wedding party!

And our wedding is next!!!

We have two busy weeks as we have our engagement pictures scheduled, meet with our officiant and the girls have camp this week. Plus next week we are hosting a scouts day for Jessica's AHG group to teach several items for badge earning since we now have the property to do such a thing. I am excited to be included and able to teach knots and setting up a dinning fly using tension ropes and the double half hitch knot. I think we have the perfect areas for them to learn that and fire building. If they are lucky, maybe the local wildlife will stay for a lesson or two.

We shouldn't have any issues getting all packed up and leave early Friday morning!!!! I am super excited to be back at FW and back to Disney!!!

7 big days left, by this time next week we should be somewhere near south of the border!!! The goal is Savannah South KOA by 5/6pm and continue on the next day. I think it is a very doable goal for us all.

We are having some fun with the save the date cards. We decided to get them all addressed and take them with us to be stamped at City Hall in the Magic Kingdom before they get postmarked. It would be a great little bit of magic we can add to everything that we would enjoy.

Our engagement pictures had to be postponed due to severe thunderstorms. We thought about trying to squeeze it in next week, but we have a lot to do and that might not work. So now we will do them after Disney. You will just have to wait for us to share them! :)

I am all set to detail the RV, including the roof. Tonight when I get home I am going to do just that with washing the roof of the RV and possibly the sides as well. If not I can do that tomorrow and then move on to the rest with black streak remover and then polish and wax. It will be a lot of work, but I have a scaffold setup ready to roll which will help over the old way of a single ladder.

After that just some general work and cleaning and she will be ready for Florida!

jbrostek,

That picture of your trailer from the side backed up against that grassy slope makes it looks like it's ready to be SHOT out of cannon in a week to head down to the Mouse.

I hope the weather and crowds cooperate for you. You're braver than me - I've never done a summer WDW trip. But good luck and we'll certainly be here:

popcorn::

Bama Ed

@bama_ed We already did December on our DVC points. But with school schedules another trip had to be in the Summer, Melissa is a teacher and other then when school is out she has no vacation days to take. Teachers up here get 3 personal days a school year plus sick leave. In addition, the other family we are traveling with had the same issue of navigating school schedules because they would rather not take the kids out of school to go vacation.

We are prepared by bringing cooling towels which where amazing the last summer I went. Plus with recovery days by the pool planned in the grand scheme of things we should survive.

The RV is nearly ready to launch, I did all the axle maintenance this weekend as well. I am kind of playing catch up on some of the overall work on the rig, but I had good reason after my injury and being off one foot till nearly spring 2018. It's some serious work but worth it in the end. I am glad I did it because after washing the roof I found a few small holes in the rubber roof. I gave it a day to dry and this evening after work I will get up there and lap seal those spots. I guess last winter when the snow had some branches low near the roof they did some damage. The wood underneath is still in great condition, so I am not stressed over it. It's likely we will trade in for a GD 380FL in the fall if the right deal could be made.

The RV waxing was a lot of work, we are 60% completed, sore and tired. Left is polished/waxed, right is waiting to be done but also worth it to protect our investment.

I can say it feels great to be able to work on a ladder this long. It has been over a year since I even had the stamina to do that after my accident/surgury in December 2017. We depart friday and the excitement is building!! Melissa is going to start packing and making lists today.

T minus 2 days! By this time Friday we should be south of Richmond, VA and well on our way to Savannah!! I finished up the last of the lap sealant on the roof and we had no rain which made it great. I did not get the second half of the unit waxed, yet, though as it gets hotter it just may not happen. Last night I replaced the bulbs in the flood/scare lights with outdoor rated LED bulbs, one had already blown out so I didn't wait for the second one.

I am excited for the drive down and I can't wait to get there. While the resorts at WDW are one kind of fun, the campground has a special place in my heart.

Tonight the plan is to hook up the bike rack and get that ready to go and start packing our clothes for the trip. I may opt to exercise my generator this evening and run the ACs in the RV for a little bit just to cool it all off. But we shall see how that plays out. My goal by tomorrow evening is to be hitched up and ready to go after work and we leave at 0600.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!