A Most Epic Fantasy DISmeet Cruise-The bitter end 3/21, Bonus Feature, Completed Star Wars Galaxy's Edge 6/20

The ride was like a combination of Star Tours (smaller scale) and Mission Space. For me it's quite an adrenaline rush. Not something that I can ride and then just jump back in line.

Do you think they have a chicken exit?? I really want to see the inside of this for the theming...but worry the ride would make me sick...

Missed the last set of updates, so going to reply to them today, and do SWGE tomorrow I think,

We also got their nachos, which were OK, they were cold and the BBQ sauce was kind of strange in the scheme of things.

I'm not sure about these- I'm not a huge fan of cold BBQ sauce, or cold nachos I think
Yumm those look tasty and looks like a nice little tipple behind the plate too

Yes please! 🍹
:15 was Bonny Doon and the speaker was kind of a snoozer.
How annoying it took so long to get to the wine details!
I’ve decided to drop my subscription to Lasseter Winery and go back to Fess Parker.
Nice to change it up! I have to look into getting our local subscriptions going again (can you believe there are 4 wineries here now!) you would have driven past where some of them are now

After our wine tastings Jill, Jenny and I rode Guardians a couple times, seems I only have one picture.
Man I love Guardians!
there is a LOT going on in this one!
Next we had a Berry Pie from Berry Patch, and I was done. Put a fork in me done.
This looks very yummy also!
I exhausted myself, as a result, my shin splints had come back with a vengeance.
ouchy ouch!!
guess how many points it took? 104! I wouldn’t have to worry about banking points or anything!
it was meant to be!
So I went out and got some dessert and watched the DL fireworks from the 6th floor of the hotel. When I came back to the room, World of Color was playing off the balcony. Sweet. Twofer!
That sounds just lovely!
didn't care for the corn nuggets, but I did eat all the bacon lardons.

I'd have cleaned up the bacon too! Will have to go back and check out the details on the corn nuggets
he line for Ariel's ride was probably at least 45 minutes long, so any good ride would have been nuts.
45 min! that's crazy talk!
Fran picked up this nifty hat.

How happy do you both look here!! 😀
that looks spot on indeed!
Then we went back to the room via the cats and changed to go to Trader Sam's.

which kitties are these, do you know? I know you know some of them
We shared a pupu platter.

always love a good pupu platter!

Cool review. Just enough information without being too spoilery. I will be interested to hear how the "virtual queue" works. We are thinking we are going to hit SW;GE our first day out there in August - the 18th - since it will be the only day where the Deluxe APs are still blacked out, and with the time change we can get up early to get to the gates nice and early to get into the land. Mostly just want to ride the ride and then explore then land a bit - no interest in building a droid or lightsaber just yet.

But when she does, she lights up the world!

Awww. So sweet.

Then... I shall. ;)

Cool! Sounds fun!

That'd be a no, then.

Pretty much.

:laughing:
We did that once. We were living up in Churchill, and they didn't have any Chinese food up there.
We thought we'd invite a few friends over, you know... maybe 6? 10 at the outside?
A few days beforehand, I asked how many she'd invited so I could shop for enough food.
We started counting... Neither one of us thought to talk to the other about who was invited.
We had about 40 people over.

Went well, though.
But boy I was busy in the kitchen. :)

Yikes! That's a lot of people. I haven't done that since I was in college.

I don't think there's a French word for drizzle.

What's with that?

Must be it. That ride is conducive to slumber.

Lots of people seem to fall asleep. ;)

Huh. So a virtual prisoner if you want to leave and return.

Stawp. You're hurting my brain. :sad1:

Now I'm wondering if I went? But just don't remember?

And no pictures so did it happen?

I wondered why, but... you explained it.

Good.

What do you mean "as if"???

Well I haven't seen it fly away yet.... :confused3

:faint:
Nope. Nope. Noppity, nope.

I hear you.

Apparently. I wonder why, there?
Probably some poor sod accidentally dropped his/her change.

It's not a real convenient place to drop change. You have to really toss it.

Oh really. Why too much pressure? I mean, if you don't do well, does it really matter? I mean yes your score is lower, but... what's the consequence? (Not making fun of you, I really don't know.)

Well that's why I'll try it again, but it was my first ride and I did horribly. I was hitting all sorts of stuff. The controls were not responding like I expected. I had the folks behind me yelling, "Pull up! Pull up!"
I was like "I am! I am!"
But the controls weren't responding like I wanted. I had a much more enjoyable ride when I was the gunner, and then mostly the engineer. The engineer has a good view, and minimal responsibilities.
I'll try it again.
One of these times I want to go with a group and we all cross our arms and do nothing and see how that goes.

Ah! So there's some spinning involved. I wondered about that.

I'm not sure that there is spinning involved. It's a motion simulator. Do they show commercials about it up there? I probably forward through 5-6 commercials on it every day. It's like Mission Space in that you push buttons so its interactive. But it's like Star Tours because it's a motion simulator with on screen stuff. I'm not quite sure if there were scenarios in the ride where we were spinning, but there was a wide range of motion in the ride.

I'd heard of it, now I got to see it. :)

I thought Lesley showed it in hers too.

Wait... $14? $14 for that????

Which is why I probably won't get it again.

Looks really good, too!

Both the pastries were very tasty.

Haha - I was so jealous everytime I passed by and saw people being able to enter! Oh well - at least I've gotten to experience it fully by now!

You definitely have! I've only done the ride three times, but I feel like now I've done just about everything I want there, until the new ride opens.

Oh no! I hope you did get a chance to visit! I promised the people whose reservation I'm on for Sunday that I will try to get us a Cantina spot. (They have a little kid and also the mom can't be waiting in the front of the pack, so we figure with a solo adult I should be able to theme-park-walk and slide my way forward!)

We did get into the Cantina on Sunday. It's my understanding that they have been letting more guests into the land as the reservation period goes along. There were certainly more people there on Sunday than there were the previous Monday.
If you can get into the front part of the line and hustle your way to the line, you should have no problem getting into the Cantina.

I can't even imagine making that haul with a scooter! At least it doesn't seem to be too "violent" - like nobody pushing you out of the way, but still people are willing to jockey for position.

Fran and I have been riding scooters for almost 20 years now. People make nasty comments about people on scooters, in fact I heard a woman say something just on Sunday. However, we are actually pretty adept at navigating crowds, and the only times we have ever run over anyone is when they jumped in front of us. I don't walk very fast, so the scooter was kind of the only way to be able to get there quickly.

Oh boy! At least I have no plans to ever wait in that 5-hr line! I've gotten to ride it 14 times now, so I can stick to Single Rider or wait for FPs.

Me neither! I've only been on it three times, but I know I will be riding it more times in the next couple months. And yeah, I can do single rider as well.

Had people already started during the previews? I saw a handful on opening morning, but it has progressively gotten more and more.

I don't remember seeing any money there during the previews. But then again no pictures...

Haha! I overheard one guy who wanted to buy the figures from the Toydarian Toy Store and take a photo in the Chess Room with them!

That's funny, is that what you call that shop?

What was the green spongy cake part? Was it just dyed green or a pistachio flavor? I didn't bother to try just in case it was pistachio!

I think it was just white cake with green food coloring in the batter. It didn't have any flavor at all really. Certainly not pistachio. I just ate it along with the other parts of the dessert, and didn't notice any flavor to it.

That's funny, is that what you call that shop?
I think it's Toydarian Toymaker? I know Toydarian is the species of character who is flying around on the white screens in the back (who used to own Anakin). So they probably just decided to go with that for the toys!

I love reading your review! I did scroll through the ride queue pictures though in order to keep some surprise elements.

But I just can’t get excited about this whole land. Somehow that whole industrial waste land theme just doesn’t do anything for me. I never wanted to be in a Star Wars movie setting, so that’s definitely where they lose me... I am not going to judge it on pictures though. Looking forward to seeing it soon myself. I guess I miss the whimsy that you usually find at all Disney parks.

Do you think they have a chicken exit?? I really want to see the inside of this for the theming...but worry the ride would make me sick...

I'm pretty sure you could go through the queue and not ride the ride. You come out the same door of the ride as you go in, you just turn down a different hall to go out than you came in from.

Missed the last set of updates, so going to reply to them today, and do SWGE tomorrow I think,

I may have another update by then. :laughing:

I'm not sure about these- I'm not a huge fan of cold BBQ sauce, or cold nachos I think

Me neither. We haven't ordered this since.

Yumm those look tasty and looks like a nice little tipple behind the plate too

Tipple. :laughing: I'm not sure I've ever heard that word.

Yes please! 🍹

We'll go there in December.

How annoying it took so long to get to the wine details!

And the details he shared weren't even all that interesting.

Nice to change it up! I have to look into getting our local subscriptions going again (can you believe there are 4 wineries here now!) you would have driven past where some of them are now

A BC wine trip sounds like fun!

Man I love Guardians!
there is a LOT going on in this one

I don't think I've been on that ride since then. That must be rectified!

This looks very yummy also!

It certainly was!

ouchy ouch!!

Very much ouchy!

it was meant to be!

I keep saying that!

That sounds just lovely!

Nice way to spend an evening.

I'd have cleaned up the bacon too! Will have to go back and check out the details on the corn nuggets

I think they were too sweet for me.

45 min! that's crazy talk!

Especially for that ride.

How happy do you both look here!! 😀

It was a very good day!

that looks spot on indeed!

I wish they had the Fish & Chips year round.

which kitties are these, do you know? I know you know some of them

Those are Francisco and Snickers, the two we see most often.

always love a good pupu platter!

Me too! :teeth:

Cool review. Just enough information without being too spoilery. I will be interested to hear how the "virtual queue" works.

I am interested too! I'm thinking of going out there July 1st just to see how it works.

We are thinking we are going to hit SW;GE our first day out there in August - the 18th - since it will be the only day where the Deluxe APs are still blacked out, and with the time change we can get up early to get to the gates nice and early to get into the land. Mostly just want to ride the ride and then explore then land a bit - no interest in building a droid or lightsaber just yet.

Let me know how your plans develop. I'd like to come out one day and hang out for a while. Tuesdays are never good cause of band. How many days are you doing the parks? All the days before the Expo?

I think it's Toydarian Toymaker? I know Toydarian is the species of character who is flying around on the white screens in the back (who used to own Anakin). So they probably just decided to go with that for the toys!

Did they have the game at that store too? Fran got hers at the spot at the end where they were selling those creatures that sit on your shoulder. I forgot what you call them. I didnt know they were called Toydarian. I noticed that and it's in my next update that I'll think I'll go ahead and post now.

love reading your review! I did scroll through the ride queue pictures though in order to keep some surprise elements.

Thanks. We will definitely ride this a few times during your visit. And I think Michael will again be proven correct. The rumor I'm hearing from CMs I know is that the 2nd ride will open in November.

But I just can’t get excited about this whole land. Somehow that whole industrial waste land theme just doesn’t do anything for me. I never wanted to be in a Star Wars movie setting, so that’s definitely where they lose me... I am not going to judge it on pictures though. Looking forward to seeing it soon myself. I guess I miss the whimsy that you usually find at all Disney parks.

It's very interesting that you say this. I will have something in my very last update with a similar sentiment. I've just got to get there!

Going around the new land, we saw some other interesting sites. The Marketplace is set up like a flea market or swap meet with individual vendors selling different sorts of wares in separate stalls.

One has merchandise from the Black Spire Outpost.

Another offers Jedi clothing.

The shop to the left of these replica speeders, had some really cool stuff (in my opinion)

I’m assuming that it’s supposedly associated with Watto from the Phantom Menace because of this sign outside.

Initially I saw these little plush things that look like really expensive dog chew toys.

But on further inspection the decorations were pretty cool.

Another hint at Watto. The voice even sounded like him.

But then Fran found these musical instruments that “play themselves”. I immediately wanted one. She did too. There is a limit of one per person on all items, so she had to point me out to the cashier to buy two of them.

This shop had all kinds of interesting game type merchandise.

I heard this game sold out the first day or weekend. They just got more back in stock, so of course Fran had to have one.

There is a shop where you can get flavored popcorn. I’m not a huge fan, but I hear there is a spicy one and a sweet one.

This stand sells plush animals from the universe.

This creature is asleep in a cage in the front, but stirs occasionally. Lesley Wake mentioned what it was on her TR, but I can’t remember.

The critters you can buy here come complete with a carrying case, just like we might transport pets on earth.

Fran got a Tauntaun and a Bantha on our second visit. When we were on our way out a CM commented, "Nice, I see you got a tauntaun, they are best fried."

As we were passing the hoardes of people waiting to get in someone pointed and said, "How cute."

I replied, "The CM informed us that they're best fried." You shoulda seen the look on her face!

Before we leave the Marketplace let’s take another look around.

This guy walked by.

And while Fran was engrossed in her phone, a playful CM came by, I had to pull her out of it and tell her to smile.

Somewhere in there we used the restrooms, and they have kind of a weird prison camp sort of vibe.

Now there are drinking fountains and water bottle filling stations in at least three places that I’ve found so far.

Something is supposed to come up out of the tank when you drink out of the fountain, but we never saw it.

Some other interesting items.

I think that these panels may be part of the interactive game app on the phone.

Let’s say goodbye to the Marketplace for now.

Thanks. We will definitely ride this a few times during your visit. And I think Michael will again be proven correct. The rumor I'm hearing from CMs I know is that the 2nd ride will open in November

The latest from Michael is that it’s horribly delayed and that I should not hope for it to be open... We will see. Currently I am debating if I need to go to Universal to get my Butter Beer fix... I guess I do relate more to that environment. Looking forward to your thoughts on the general feel of the land!

Did they have the game at that store too? Fran got hers at the spot at the end where they were selling those creatures that sit on your shoulder. I forgot what you call them. I didnt know they were called Toydarian. I noticed that and it's in my next update that I'll think I'll go ahead and post now.
I think they did have the game figures there. I think they haven't been able to keep the Sabaac cards in stock though!
Initially I saw these little plush things that look like really expensive dog chew toys.

Haha, very true! And even the Lothcat chewed up her Porg!
There is a shop where you can get flavored popcorn. I’m not a huge fan, but I hear there is a spicy one and a sweet one.

I didn't love the popcorn - both flavors are mixed together. Red is spicy and purple is sweet. But I wanted the Popcorn Bucket so I brought the actual popcorn home and dad liked it well enough!
This creature is asleep in a cage in the front, but stirs occasionally. Lesley Wake mentioned what it was on her TR, but I can’t remember.

It's a Lothcat from the Star Wars Rebels tv series! They are mischevious and don't like the Empire! There are also Loth Wolves (think Direwolf sized) who are force sensitive.

Fran got a Tauntaun and a Bantha on our second visit. When we were on our way out a CM commented, "Nice, I see you got a tauntaun, they are best fried."

As we were passing the hoardes of people waiting to get in someone pointed and said, "How cute."

I replied, "The CM informed us that they're best fried." You shoulda seen the look on her face!
Haha- hilarious!!!

Rather than give you a trip by trip description I'm going to sort of blend all the trips together to give you an overview.
Worked well IMO 👍 I've mostly just read the writing from these updates, and kinda skimmed most of the pics..I would imagine curiosity will get the best of me and I will go back at some point
Since people waiting in line can't spend money, the two most popular items, (the Cantina, and the build a light saber experience) were switched to virtual queues
That's Disney for ya $$
I had managed to somehow screw up my right knee,
Oh dear, how is it now?

It was OK, but for $14, I'll fill up somewhere else or just wait until I'm back in DL proper. Now Docking Bay 7 didn't appeal to us on our first visit, but the second time with Jenny and Fam, they ordered some things which looked pretty tasty.
Ya that's a bit pricey, I'd rather spend a bit more and have the chicken dinner at the Plaza
The only problem was that they had peas and carrots in the mash. So I picked them all out of my half and let Fran eat them.
Is this just in mash, do you like them in say fried rice?
We also got an Oi-Oi Puff which was a raspberry cream puff. It was very good.

Yum! The desserts look really cool!
And a Batuu Bon, Chocolate Cake, White chocolate Mousse, and Coffee Custard. It was also very good!

Yum! What is the green stuff on it?
The Marketplace is set up like a flea market or swap meet with individual vendors selling different sorts of wares in separate stalls.
Love this idea!
But then Fran found these musical instruments that “play themselves”. I immediately wanted one. She did too. There is a limit of one per person on all items, so she had to point me out to the cashier to buy two of them.
Well given you guys are band folks, makes sense!

I heard this game sold out the first day or weekend. They just got more back in stock, so of course Fran had to have one.

I would imagine D will want this

Fran got a Tauntaun

I think I want one too!

This guy walked by.

We met the original Chewy Peter Mayhew a couple of times at Expo- he was so nice and proud of Chewy
Somewhere in there we used the restrooms, and they have kind of a weird prison camp sort of vibe.

Very industrial/camp-ish indeed

Nice updates Alison!

Let me know how your plans develop. I'd like to come out one day and hang out for a while. Tuesdays are never good cause of band. How many days are you doing the parks? All the days before the Expo?

I was going to drop you an e-mail soon with more details of our plans. Basically we are going to the parks from Sunday the 18th to Wednesday the 21st. (4 days) We plan on taking Thursday off before the grind of the EXPO. Would love to get together with you and Fran one or more days! Maybe we could finally watch those fireworks!

I can't wait to see SWGE in person!!!! 45 more days!

Jill in CO

Can't wait! :woohoo:

Great updates Alison!

I think SWGE missed the mark with the food. That chicken tasted like a big expensive Chicken McNugget. I like Chicken McNuggets when I am at McDonald's. ;)

Mist. :lmao:

Love your descriptions of the market area...I think I would find it hard to resist not buying everything!! The theming everywhere is amazing!

I buggered up my last updates a bit- got some of my quotes in the quotes 🤦‍♀️ 💁‍♀️ sorry bout that..a lot of them are in, you will have to expand to read

The latest from Michael is that it’s horribly delayed and that I should not hope for it to be open... We will see. Currently I am debating if I need to go to Universal to get my Butter Beer fix... I guess I do relate more to that environment. Looking forward to your thoughts on the general feel of the land!

Huh. I heard November from a current CM.

I think they did have the game figures there. I think they haven't been able to keep the Sabaac cards in stock though!

I'm not even sure what those are.

Haha, very true! And even the Lothcat chewed up her Porg!

I thought that was cute.

I didn't love the popcorn - both flavors are mixed together. Red is spicy and purple is sweet. But I wanted the Popcorn Bucket so I brought the actual popcorn home and dad liked it well enough!

I don't think I would care for a mix of spicy and sweet. Caramel Corn is my favorite.

It's a Lothcat from the Star Wars Rebels tv series! They are mischevious and don't like the Empire! There are also Loth Wolves (think Direwolf sized) who are force sensitive.

Fran watched that series, I sort of paid attention, but not real closely.

Haha- hilarious!!!

I thought so!

Whattttt!!! One of my favs!

Nope, not sure I'd heard of it.

umm YA it does!! Please!!

We'll have to see, cash is very tight right now.

I was thinking Francisco, you've mentioned him before

Actually, it's a she. Not properly named for her gender.

Worked well IMO 👍 I've mostly just read the writing from these updates, and kinda skimmed most of the pics..I would imagine curiosity will get the best of me and I will go back at some point

I'm glad I got to see it first hand, because I would be totally looking at pictures. I did that with Pandora, a little with TS Land, but there weren't quite as many pictures.

That's Disney for ya $$

Yup, it's all about the $$'s pretty much.

Oh dear, how is it now?

Well, it seems to be a little better. I'm going to the Chiropractor for a second visit tomorrow so that they can work on it again.

Ya that's a bit pricey, I'd rather spend a bit more and have the chicken dinner at the Plaza

Yeah, in the future I'm going to time my visits so that we eat elsewhere before or after.

Is this just in mash, do you like them in say fried rice?

I pick them out of Fried Rice as well. :laughing: When I make it at home, I don't put them in.

Yum! The desserts look really cool!

Yum! What is the green stuff on it?

I think it's just white cake with green food coloring in the batter. It didn't have any flavor really. I think it was supposed to resemble moss.

Love this idea!

It is a unique concept.

Well given you guys are band folks, makes sense!

Yeah pretty much.

I would imagine D will want this

Hopefully they will still have them.

I think I want one too!

They are cute.

We met the original Chewy Peter Mayhew a couple of times at Expo- he was so nice and proud of Chewy

Cool.

Very industrial/camp-ish indeed

Nice updates Alison!

Thanks, something went wonky with your post, probably one too many or too little [QUOTE thingys or missing and end bracket. I had to work hard to multi quote your response.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!