A New Perspective On DVC

My guess is that since they make more money on new buyers and they are less work they save the tote bags and fast passes for them.

:earsboy: Bill
I actually got both as an add on buyer twice! It’s annoying they aren't consistent with this.

I would like to know the name of your guide if you wouldn't mind sharing. I have added on 5 times and have not gotten a new bag or anything else extra.
Mike Kay is our guide. We met him on a member cruise years before he started working for DVC. When we found out he was there and when our guide wasn’t returning our calls (we didn’t know at the time that she had been assigned to DCL) we asked to switch. He has been great! He understands the importance of swag.

The backpacks are much better quality than the totes but we received bags for all 4 add on contracts.

The backpacks are much better quality than the totes but we received bags for all 4 add on contracts.

I'm shocked to hear this.... We though that the quality of the backpack left to be desired. The stamped imprint of Mickey needs to be replaced with sewn Mickey. The material of the backpack i guess is ok not for spending some real money on DVC i sure would have expected better.

I'm shocked to hear this.... We though that the quality of the backpack left to be desired. The stamped imprint of Mickey needs to be replaced with sewn Mickey. The material of the backpack i guess is ok not for spending some real money on DVC i sure would have expected better.
Ha. I said they were much better, I didn't say they were good :P I would be surprised to learn if these bags cost them more than $2 each to manufacture.

But seriously, I really don't understand this at all. It would almost be better to receive nothing than a piece of Chinese plastic molded into the shape of a bag. I can see how people who just spent $50,000 on this to receive this to say, what did we just do? I really don't get it. Like, what is the point? They could issue every direct contract one of these bags: https://www.shopdisney.com/disney-vacation-club-patches-tote-bag-1481473 and fully absorb that cost. And it would, in my opinion, leave a much better impression on direct members.

I completely agree!!! It should be Disney's top priority to satisfy direct customers! Giving a direct purchaser an inferior bag/backpack only leaves them wondering about Disney. Its like buying a $100k luxury car and getting a Chinese mass produced plastic visor with they logo on it. DVC impressions are important and should definitely matter prior to getting a signed contract.

I completely agree!!! It should be Disney's top priority to satisfy direct customers! Giving a direct purchaser an inferior bag/backpack only leaves them wondering about Disney. Its like buying a $100k luxury car and getting a Chinese mass produced plastic visor with they logo on it. DVC impressions are important and should definitely matter prior to getting a signed contract.
Exactly. Those little things go a long way. And by the way, if that bag costs me $45, it would probably cost DVC $15...at most. I really just don't get it. Also, more mailings would go a long way. There's so many little inexpensive things they could do that they fail to (which is surprising since they are trying to make a direct contract feel so much more like a 'membership' than resale).

Timeshare sales people use tried and true emotional manipulation. I remember once when we finished a time share presentation and said "No thank you", the guys response haunted me and later that evening, I shared that with my spouse. "I can't stop thinking about how he said 'I know most people say they'll call later, but they don't. So...God bless you anyway.'. I found myself wanting to be that person who DID call him back. My spouse said 'oh my gosh, I feel the same way!" We realized then that we had been had using a verbal manipulation trick. I expect there are so many out there and they all get used in one way or another.

Timeshare sales people use tried and true emotional manipulation. I remember once when we finished a time share presentation and said "No thank you", the guys response haunted me and later that evening, I shared that with my spouse. "I can't stop thinking about how he said 'I know most people say they'll call later, but they don't. So...God bless you anyway.'. I found myself wanting to be that person who DID call him back. My spouse said 'oh my gosh, I feel the same way!" We realized then that we had been had using a verbal manipulation trick. I expect there are so many out there and they all get used in one way or another.
Ha true, I guess. I don't feel that way with DVC. I very much sold myself on that one and simply called to give them my CC number.

Mike Kay is our guide. We met him on a member cruise years before he started working for DVC. When we found out he was there and when our guide wasn’t returning our calls (we didn’t know at the time that she had been assigned to DCL) we asked to switch. He has been great! He understands the importance of swag.
Thank you for the info. I will see if I can switch guides. Maybe the problem is that my guide works from home (?). I just find it strange how different each guide operates and there seems to be no set standard. I had a really good guide several years ago but he left to go work for DCL also.

Thank you for the info. I will see if I can switch guides. Maybe the problem is that my guide works from home (?). I just find it strange how different each guide operates and there seems to be no set standard. I had a really good guide several years ago but he left to go work for DCL also.
My guide works from home as well, never had a single issue. I would just reach out to your guide and ask candidly stating our experiences.

You mean an extra bag on top of the one that came with each contract? We got a tote or back pack with every contract. We have too many lol

We've added on direct a few times too. 1 Tote bag back around 2009 or so. When I purchased 235 VGC points in person at DL the guide wouldn't even let me keep the pen.

i know this thread is months old, but we received another backpack with our add on contracts today. We have the small drawstring one that we got for the tour in April, and 2 large regular backpacks now (we received one with our contract documents in May and then one today)

I wonder if my granddaughters ages 5 and 6 will use them for school-kidding not kidding ;)

We are buying resale- going to buy ourselves these backpacks that fit as a carryon for cheap flights 😂😂 treat yo’self 😂😂444390

Would you recommend a guide to me – I’m interested in buying two small direct contracts for Riviera, but don’t want to deal with anyone unseemly... or annoying o_O
We have used Lauren DeSantis for our direct RR purchase and found her fantastic!

I can't remember the name of our latest guide but I was surprised to send an email with our wish, have the wish granted and receive a backpack too - all for a tiny 30 point contract.

That made me laugh.

There was an article on Yahoo a week or two ago, where an elderly couple (retired Christian missionaries) in their 80s bought $150,000 worth of Diamond timeshare while on a cruise. The couple went through the legal process to rescind the contract, but then the sales guy called them, and they bought it AGAIN! They already had another Diamond timeshare, plus s couple of others. They borrowed against their home in Arizona to purchase it, and now are facing $19,000 annual maintenance fees. :sad2:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/mon...le-buy-timeshare-frank-betty-lusk/3282776002/

talk about a good salesman! When you can sell more **** to someone while they're legally trying to get out of it, you know you're good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!