A piece of Disney history - real light desk used for Mulan, Lilo & Stitch, Brother Bear

Teaheehee

Earning My Ears
While doing my usual local Facebook marketplace browse, I happened across something very interesting, but also a little sad. It seems that my former professor from my animation school days is selling his old animation desk. He was a Disney animator who worked on the films I mentioned in the thread's title, and the sweetest guy you could ever meet. I will always have fond memories of my brief time studying under him, because he was always so positive and encouraging. The shutdown has hit educators hard, and I can only assume that his decision to sell this gorgeous piece of Disney history is at least somewhat related to that. I know the price is way out of most peoples' budget - especially now when funds are scarce for all of us - but I wanted to post it here to help his mission get some exposure. Maybe there are some among you might have a friend that is a really hardcore collector of film artifacts. Anyway, I thought it was pretty cool. Here's the link.

100477719_2608110582787639_3607075824815046656_o.jpg

That is amazing! What a piece of history! How cool that you were one of his students! :D I'm sure there are plenty of Disney fans out there who would love this! (Unfortunately I don't have any room for this right now)

Such an amazing piece of Disney history. Really hope it finds a good home where it could be displayed properly (rather than hidden away in someone’s private collection). Thank you for posting the link so we could see it before it sells (a bit too expensive to ship to Scotland).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!