A Pink Pixie Princess - Complete!

So many shiny things!!
Also, the blues from the 10K & pixie dust ribbons look really nice next to the blue on the castle.
Yes, love the ribbons! I wish that had translated over to the shirt colors...
Love them! I actually think my favorite is the 5K never land medal with Hook and Smee :thumbsup2 Way to go!!
I think that one is my second-favorite after the PDC medal (not counting C2C - which is of course perfection).
Congratulations on such a huge accomplishment! When is rD going to hire you already as a consultant?? Can't wait to read the trip report!
Thank you!

Umm...I don't know but they need to get on that! I'd whip them into shape!! ::yes::
Very nice! Congrats! I think I like the 5K best as well!
Thanks!! :)
I second this.

AND you got BOTH coast to coasts??!! That is sooo awesome!
Yeah, apparently they were giving them both to people who did Princess + Tink (UNPOPULAR OPINION: I don't necessarily agree with that)...but I think of my blue one as being for the marathon in January + Tink.

Love the new PDC medal. Much better than the old one in my opinion. I also don't know how I feel about getting both C2C but that seems to be their thing now and is consistent with what they gave out last year.

Love the new PDC medal. Much better than the old one in my opinion. I also don't know how I feel about getting both C2C but that seems to be their thing now and is consistent with what they gave out last year.
OMG YES - I think the old PDC medal is the ugliest one they have done.

I really can't say enough about the medals for this race...seeing them in person on people walking around...they were just a good size and good quality and very eye-catching. Looking forward to your recap and glad I got to be a part of your weekend a few times :)

I definitely agree with you there. That's the one thing I regret about doing Tink last year is the ugly PDC medal.
Seriously. That's one of the silver linings of my getting hurt last year! :rotfl2:
THose medals = :love::love::love::love::love:
Right???:lovestruc
I really can't say enough about the medals for this race...seeing them in person on people walking around...they were just a good size and good quality and very eye-catching. Looking forward to your recap and glad I got to be a part of your weekend a few times :)
Eeeek, me too! I was so hoping to meet you and I'm glad we got to hang out for a bit! :yay:

The End!

I never like to wait long to start trip reports, because I forget stuff quickly...

A Pink Pixie Princess - FINALLY!

And with that, I am closing this thread...for real this time. :) The whole point of starting this waaayyyy back in October 2015 was to document my journey to the pink Coast-to-Coast medal. It took longer than I had planned, with way more twists and turns than I expected, but I got that beautiful medal this weekend. And with that done, I think I can close this chapter and FINALLY leave this injury behind. I'll still hang around the runDisney section, for sure...you can't get rid of me that easily. :teeth:

A huge, HUGE thank you to those of you who have followed along, have been my virtual cheerleaders, and have offered your support. I am so, so grateful for all of you. :grouphug: As always, thanks for reading!:wizard:

Congrats on achieving that pink Coast to Coast!! I'm confident you have put the injury behind you and will have lots of great running experiences ahead.

Off to start reading your trip report!!

You have had an amazing journey to the coast-to-coast medals. Thanks for letting us read along! I am sad that your training journal is complete though... :( Maybe you could just keep it open for random musings and pics of Archie? :)

count me in as one of those that would love to keep reading training reports from you, but I totally understand that you're ready to be done with this chapter. You're a total inspiration for sticking through and then some through such a hard injury. As I'm sure I will have a running related injury at some point, I can only hope to have your same strength and fortitude to fight my way back to running! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing!!

I'm sure you know that I'm going to miss reading your updates (and seeing all the pretty clothing/bag/puppy/etc pictures), but I'm really happy that you've finally gotten a chance to close this 1.5-year chapter of your journey. Whatever comes next for you, I know you'll keep working hard and being awesome!

Way to go on getting that pink coast-to-coast! Thanks for sharing your journey with us. And while I lurked a lot more than I posted, know that I think you're an inspiration!

How wonderful that this thread has come to its natural conclusion. And who doesn't love surprise twists? Can't wait to read your trip report!

Congrats on achieving that pink Coast to Coast!! I'm confident you have put the injury behind you and will have lots of great running experiences ahead.

Off to start reading your trip report!!
Thanks! Was so fabulous to see you this past weekend! :yay:
You have had an amazing journey to the coast-to-coast medals. Thanks for letting us read along! I am sad that your training journal is complete though... :( Maybe you could just keep it open for random musings and pics of Archie? :)
Yes....keep it going! I second that!!
It feels like the right time to end it...I do love posting monster pup pics though...
33977953815_ec1e6fab6f_z.jpg

count me in as one of those that would love to keep reading training reports from you, but I totally understand that you're ready to be done with this chapter. You're a total inspiration for sticking through and then some through such a hard injury. As I'm sure I will have a running related injury at some point, I can only hope to have your same strength and fortitude to fight my way back to running! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing!!
Thanks so much for reading! That's really nice of you to say. :)
I'm sure you know that I'm going to miss reading your updates (and seeing all the pretty clothing/bag/puppy/etc pictures), but I'm really happy that you've finally gotten a chance to close this 1.5-year chapter of your journey. Whatever comes next for you, I know you'll keep working hard and being awesome!
Me too. It's just *time,* ya know? Thanks so much for your support and encouragement. :)
Way to go on getting that pink coast-to-coast! Thanks for sharing your journey with us. And while I lurked a lot more than I posted, know that I think you're an inspiration!
Thanks so much!! :lovestruc
How wonderful that this thread has come to its natural conclusion. And who doesn't love surprise twists? Can't wait to read your trip report!
THIS, exactly. It feels like the right time to end it. :) Thanks so much for reading along and for the awesome supportive PMs!!

Awww, man, I just got here and now we're ending?! But in all seriousness, it has been motivating to read about your training, and I loved seeing you get to the end of this chapter (with bling to boot!). If you ever start another chapter (new goal?), count me as one of the ones in line to read it and cheer you on.

Awww, man, I just got here and now we're ending?! But in all seriousness, it has been motivating to read about your training, and I loved seeing you get to the end of this chapter (with bling to boot!). If you ever start another chapter (new goal?), count me as one of the ones in line to read it and cheer you on.
Thanks! :)

No new goals right now, but if/when I come up with something, I'll be back. :)

Don't leave! Or start a blog or something so we can still keep up to date with your training and life! :)

Awesome job on everything since I first found your postings back in 2012 when I was doing my first RD event!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!