A Pink Pixie Princess...FINALLY! A 2017 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend Trip Report!

We were let into the park at about 8:40.
33874046374_8317b2fdd2_z.jpg

This pictures is AMAZING! :lovestruc

Not gonna mince words: I HATED this ride. The line was SO slow and there was a part where there was a simulated explosion, and then it was totally dark for 10-15 seconds...I normally don’t have issues with claustrophobia or being underwater, yet I actually felt myself starting to freak out a bit. And it was just SO long...I was ready to leave almost immediately after it started. One and done!
I am glad I know this for my future imaginary DLR trip. Nope. Not happening. I love water but get really uncomfortable when there is no exit available.

Tink liked my manicure and suggested that next time I add Pixie Dust to my face like she had, instead of just restricting it to my nails
Said manicure is gone now, and I’m sad about it.

Cute interaction! (Random- did you get it taken off or do if yourself?)

he had passed his exam

Woohoo!! Congrats to him!

(I was only carrying the Tink medals + pink C2C with me today...one day of carrying allll of the medals had been more than enough for me).

You take the best medal pics- this is no exception!

By far the best meal of the trip...filet with mac and cheese!

Yummmmmmmmy.

I’ve been so ready to go home, but not this time.
The sign of a great trip. :)

*And when I say "healthy," I mean it - I woke up each morning feeling better than I had in months, back-wise...save for Princess weekend when I experienced the same thing.
I am so happy you had a healthy and rest trip!! Here's to continued healthy and FUN vacations in the future. Thanks for sharing your trip and journey with us!

FIRST OF ALL...you are still in London, yes? I know Manchester is far away but I hope you are okay!! Stay safe! :hug:

Yes I'm still in London... It's so terrible, all the young kids that were there :(
I'm pretty close to where the attack happened at Westminster... It's difficult to get your head around these events...

You do!! I really liked it because (TMI?) my scalp gets sunburned sometimes unless I am smart and remember to put sunscreen on my head (seriously...so weird). So I liked having the hat because I felt like it was still cute and I didn't have to mess with sunscreen.

THIS HAPPENS TO ME TOO! Scalp buddies... lol

I did! I was actually really nervous for it...the first day of the trip I woke up at home and wondered if I even wanted to go because I'd be by myself the entire time, but I actually really enjoyed it. I just soaked it all in, did what I wanted to do on my schedule...it was quite nice. :)

Ye I found that I didn't have the same initial excitement travelling alone but when I got there I really did enjoy it. I'm glad you enjoyed it! For the next two DLP trips Rachel is actually coming to London and getting the train with me so I have a travel buddy!

The D23 expo! I found a shopper on Facebook that is getting that for me and the Epcot coin purse (items #22 and #27)!!
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/05/photo...-celebrating-epcot-center-star-tours-pirates/
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/05/photo...-celebrating-epcot-center-star-tours-pirates/

200.gif

ARG, it was. I was thinking about it this morning, and unless I decide to do Dopey again (unlikely), I think I am done with runDisney 5Ks. The character lines are always SO long or, in this case, there are no characters! Notable exception will be if I ever get out to Paris, since you met like 2458734985798 characters during the Paris 5K.

I'm hoping the WDW 5k is better... it's my Mam's first ever Disney run and I want her to have a good experience! The DLP 5K has a lot to live up to after last year... it's already less appealing as it will be the night before the 10k (WHY), the same night as the party AND only through one of the parks not two...

Your trip reports are so fun to read, your attention to detail is what I think we all love. The C2C on your Starbucks was pretty funny did the barista do that on their own I'm guessing? Your medal pics are awesome (they look heavy)! I hear you about people on line and personal space. I'm ok waiting in groups/lines but if someone is right on my heels or keeps bumping me I'm not a happy camper. Congrats to Mr. Ariel484, getting a masters is a great accomplishment! You need to celebrate with another trip to Disney…..????

Loving your reports. Can it be possible to be jealous of someone who was literally on the same exact vacation as me? Yes, it can.

Bringing the park day plan from your guide book sounds like a fun way to do a park day by yourself. I'm thinking that one of these days a solo disney day wouldn't be so bad. I'm 100% behind your decision to get another dole whip, because is there really anything better? I read about a Trader Sam's drink at WDW called the Spiky Pineapple that includes dole whip and rum and it's blended. So that's like foremost on my brain for my fall trip.

For all the pitfalls this weekend had with rundisney I have to say those medals all lined up are stellar. They definitely got that part of the weekend right. So gorgeous! One thing I forgot to do was take an artsy pic of my medal in a cool location so maybe I'll have to just bring mine along to W&D weekend to rectify that (don't tell anyone that it's the wrong park though.)

You did a truly awesome job of both racing and vacationing.

And I'm glad Tink knew what was most important...the sparkly nails :)

Last edited:

This pictures is AMAZING! :lovestruc
An empty hub - is there anything better??
I am glad I know this for my future imaginary DLR trip. Nope. Not happening. I love water but get really uncomfortable when there is no exit available.
I mean...I'm not gonna say "don't try it," but I really hated it! And I was even in the closest seat to an exit (not like I could have left in the middle of it, but it was comforting to know that I would be the first one outta there).
Cute interaction! (Random- did you get it taken off or do if yourself?)
I picked it off myself, even though I was explicitly told not to. I'm just a rebel (with crappy nails) like that. :teeth:
Woohoo!! Congrats to him!
:yay:
You take the best medal pics- this is no exception!
Thank you!! :yay:
Yummmmmmmmy.
I could really go for that meal right now...
The sign of a great trip. :)
Exactly, it was a fantastic weekend!!
I am so happy you had a healthy and rest trip!! Here's to continued healthy and FUN vacations in the future. Thanks for sharing your trip and journey with us!
Thanks for reading!! :yay:
Yes I'm still in London... It's so terrible, all the young kids that were there :(
I'm pretty close to where the attack happened at Westminster... It's difficult to get your head around these events...
It really is so awful how often this stuff happens anymore. I'm glad you're okay and I hope you/your friends/your family continue to be okay!!
THIS HAPPENS TO ME TOO! Scalp buddies... lol
Isn't that the WORST?! The first blow-dry after is so painful, and then if you peel...BLECH.
Ye I found that I didn't have the same initial excitement travelling alone but when I got there I really did enjoy it. I'm glad you enjoyed it! For the next two DLP trips Rachel is actually coming to London and getting the train with me so I have a travel buddy!
Hooray for travel buddies!

I've always been okay with having alone time so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I did enjoy it. I like calling all of the shots!
Isn't it though??? :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc
I'm hoping the WDW 5k is better... it's my Mam's first ever Disney run and I want her to have a good experience! The DLP 5K has a lot to live up to after last year... it's already less appealing as it will be the night before the 10k (WHY), the same night as the party AND only through one of the parks not two...
I bet it will be - honestly, I am wondering how much of this is a difference between runDisney in Florida vs. California cs. Paris. I thought it was one team that organized/ran all of the events...I know different running companies do the time tracking and whatnot (Track Shack in Orlando vs. whatever race company does it in California and Paris)...but I thought that the actual runDisney team traveled around and did the events. Apparently not.

I mean, just look at how Dark Side was compared to Tink, only month apart. Totally different. :confused3

And I do love me a night race, but you know people will want to sign up for alllll of the races...5K at night with 10K the next morning would be rough!! The Sleepy Challenge!
Your trip reports are so fun to read, your attention to detail is what I think we all love.
Thanks so much! :)
The C2C on your Starbucks was pretty funny did the barista do that on their own I'm guessing?
Haha, no...I asked them to do that when they asked for my name. The barista that was calling out the names when the drinks were ready was paused for a few seconds before going "C...2....?" And I was just like "uh, that's me." :rotfl2:
Your medal pics are awesome (they look heavy)!
Thank you, and yes - they are!!
I hear you about people on line and personal space. I'm ok waiting in groups/lines but if someone is right on my heels or keeps bumping me I'm not a happy camper.
Right, exactly - and the queue is so narrow so I guess it's inevitable. At one point though, I thought the grandfather in the group was trying to cut me so I was not amused with that. He was really the one that bugged me the most, bumping into me over and over...:rolleyes2 Call me crazy but I don't really love strangers touching me.
Congrats to Mr. Ariel484, getting a masters is a great accomplishment! You need to celebrate with another trip to Disney…..????
So the masters is not ACTUALLY complete yet - he has 2 more classes to take (this summer) and a paper to write. But this was one thing he needed to get done, and I think the thing he was most nervous for, so a huge weight has been lifted!

A celebratory Disney trip is an EXCELLENT idea! :yay:
Loving your reports. Can it be possible of someone who was literally on the same exact vacation as me? Yes, it can.
::yes:: It's been fun reading about the same events from different perspectives!
Bringing the park day plan from your guide book sounds like a fun way to do a park day by yourself. I'm thinking that one of these days a solo disney day wouldn't be so bad. I'm 100% behind your decision to get another dole whip, because is there really anything better? I read about a Trader Sam's drink at WDW called the Spiky Pineapple that includes dole whip and rum and it's blended. So that's like foremost on my brain for my fall trip.
Yeah, I remember trying to get Mr. Ariel484 onboard with following one of those plans during our honeymoon and he didn't want things so regimented, so I was happy to try it out. It wasn't the magical solution they advertise it to be, but I did feel like I got a lot done!

I haven't tried the Spiky Pineapple yet, but now that I have discovered my love for the Dole Whip...I NEED to try one!!
For all the pitfalls this weekend had with rundisney I have to say those medals all lined up are stellar. They definitely got that part of the weekend right. So gorgeous! One thing I forgot to do was take an artsy pic of my medal in a cool location so maybe I'll have to just bring mine along to W&D weekend to rectify that (don't tell anyone that it's the wrong park though.)
Yes, they almost never get the medal designs wrong, that is for sure. ::yes::

I'm thinking you need to take your medal with you to WDW and get a "runDisney 2017" medal pic. ::yes::
You did a truly awesome job of both racing and vacationing.
Thanks - back at ya!
And I'm glad Tink knew what was most important...the sparkly nails :)
Yes, this really made my respect for Tink grow. :tinker: We finally found some common ground!

Just finished your TR!

Looks like you had a great run for the half marathon, loving your running pictures again you look so happy and strong!

Love the Pluto pics, it's rare to get action shots during a race!

It's a shame that there wasn't much entertainment, that would have SUCKED if you were struggling... it's also annoying that there are no photos in that section.

AWESOME finisher pic!

Really enjoyed reading about the rest of your solo adventure. Funny when you mentioned Starbucks queue I was thinking 'I wonder if you can use the app' and then you explained it later! In DLP you can't use it :guilty:

The medals are FAB-U-LOUS
3f46d1cf4dda5d7c278b209cb51ccfa0.gif

I'm so so happy for you that you felt so great for the weekend! I touched on it in my own journal but it's been so great to follow along with your training and see this massive improvement. I actually got a little emotional reading your piece at the end because I've been so frustrated lately but I know you've been there too and now look at you GIRL!!

Thank you so much for sharing! :D

Great report as always! Steakhouse 55 really hit it out of the park for me this trip too. So glad to see it on its game (my last visit there was less than stellar). Funny, I had the short ribs at Carthay too! (We went Thursday). Great job on the half too! Your time was awesome with all those pictures!

Such great race photos! The PP people really take fantastic pictures - and you have mastered the art of striking the perfect pose when you see them on course! Your medal pics are as always, creative and terrific. That last picture of you and Mickey with all the bling is fantastic!
Glad you had such a great weekend (other than the disappointments of the 5K and lack of entertainment on the half). How funny that something as simple as a new mattress can make such a huge difference! Having a day to just enjoy the parks after the races is divine - it is also so much better for your recovery to walk around the day after a big race rather than sit on an airplane or in a car!
The submarine ride was one of my faves when I was a kid - it's embarrassing to admit how old I was before I figured out you don't really dive :blush:. Sorry you didn't like it! Hyperspace mountain is so much fun - I think they are getting rid of it soon. Maybe we will see it in WDW someday (I hope!!). You didn't ride the Matterhorn? That is my all time favorite Disney ride! Also love Storybook Land - it is so cute! I do love that DL is so unique and different from the MK.
I can't believe your TR is over already! :sad: When is the next race??

Just finished your TR!

Looks like you had a great run for the half marathon, loving your running pictures again you look so happy and strong!
Thank you - I felt happy and strong!!
Love the Pluto pics, it's rare to get action shots during a race!
I agree, I love the candid shot PP took!
It's a shame that there wasn't much entertainment, that would have SUCKED if you were struggling... it's also annoying that there are no photos in that section.
Yeah, and good to know what to expect for future races, I guess.
AWESOME finisher pic!
Thanks! :banana:
Really enjoyed reading about the rest of your solo adventure. Funny when you mentioned Starbucks queue I was thinking 'I wonder if you can use the app' and then you explained it later! In DLP you can't use it :guilty:
I remember when they announced the mobile ordering I thought it was a terrible idea and would be a total disaster...and now I LOVE IT. I use it pretty much every work day, if I time it right it saves a ton of time!
The medals are FAB-U-LOUS
3f46d1cf4dda5d7c278b209cb51ccfa0.gif
I'll never hide, I can't - I'm too SHINY!!
I'm so so happy for you that you felt so great for the weekend! I touched on it in my own journal but it's been so great to follow along with your training and see this massive improvement. I actually got a little emotional reading your piece at the end because I've been so frustrated lately but I know you've been there too and now look at you GIRL!!
I can honestly tell you that I know how it feels - it sucks. But I know you will pull through - make sure to take care of yourself and take the rest that you need!
Thank you so much for sharing! :D
And thanks for reading! :teeth:
OMG THAT SHINY GIF IS PERFECT!
YES IT IS!! :worship:
Great report as always! Steakhouse 55 really hit it out of the park for me this trip too. So glad to see it on its game (my last visit there was less than stellar). Funny, I had the short ribs at Carthay too! (We went Thursday). Great job on the half too! Your time was awesome with all those pictures!
Thanks! Oh man, 3 less-than-stellar trips in a row, yikes! The table next to be at breakfast seemed to have some issues with their meal but my service was fine. Maybe it is hit or miss!
Such great race photos! The PP people really take fantastic pictures - and you have mastered the art of striking the perfect pose when you see them on course!
Those neon green tents they have help! Easy to know when to plaster on a smile. :teeth:
Your medal pics are as always, creative and terrific. That last picture of you and Mickey with all the bling is fantastic!
Thank you!! That was a picture I'd been planning (OMG what a dork) but I wasn't sure which character I wanted it wirh - then I walked into Disneyland and saw Mickey in his classic tux and it was perfect!
Glad you had such a great weekend (other than the disappointments of the 5K and lack of entertainment on the half).
Ahhh me too. I have been lucky to do a lot of runDisney lately but during this weekend I definitely *felt* the best. :)
How funny that something as simple as a new mattress can make such a huge difference!
Seriously - it's been a game changer! I wish I knew the exact type of mattress they had at Paradise Pier because I would absolutely buy one, that's how much better I felt. I may follow-up and email about that.
Having a day to just enjoy the parks after the races is divine - it is also so much better for your recovery to walk around the day after a big race rather than sit on an airplane or in a car!
So true!! I loved it and may need to structure future race trips this same way.
The submarine ride was one of my faves when I was a kid - it's embarrassing to admit how old I was before I figured out you don't really dive :blush:. Sorry you didn't like it! Hyperspace mountain is so much fun - I think they are getting rid of it soon. Maybe we will see it in WDW someday (I hope!!). You didn't ride the Matterhorn? That is my all time favorite Disney ride! Also love Storybook Land - it is so cute! I do love that DL is so unique and different from the MK.
Nope, no Matterhorn - I rode that in September 2015 and it REALLY hurt my back so I don't think I can do that one anymore! I have done StorybookLand before, just not this time!
I can't believe your TR is over already! :sad: When is the next race??
I don't know - for the first time since I started running in 2008, I don't know when the next race is! Sort of a weird feeling but I think I need a break for a bit. :) Thanks for reading!!

Catching up and on my phone so no quotes:

- You met Gideon???? Sooooo jealous!! But, I did get to meet Judy Hopps, so I guess it's a fair trade :).
- I was in corral B for the 10k too! I think I was further up, though, because I met Pirate Goofy and Pirate Pluto instead of Donald.
- I was so incredibly relieved at all the characters at the 10k. THIS IS WHY I DO YOUR RACES DISNEY.
- I couldn't go to the meet up because I was with a friend who lives in CA who I rarely get to see, but it looks like it was super fun!
- When my friend and I got up the morning of the 10k, we looked at each other and said "What is that weird faint bass thumping??" Turned out the course went right behind our hotel and it was Following the Leader....
- Another hater of those submarines. I loved it when it was 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. It is the absolute worst now.
- Congrats on a great race! I keep looking at everyone's pics from the weekend hoping I'll see a glance of myself, but no sign of a Winnie the Pooh ear hat yet ;).

Catching up and on my phone so no quotes:

- You met Gideon???? Sooooo jealous!! But, I did get to meet Judy Hopps, so I guess it's a fair trade :).
I know, so random!! I am still bummed that I didn't meet Judy. :(
- I was in corral B for the 10k too! I think I was further up, though, because I met Pirate Goofy and Pirate Pluto instead of Donald.
You must have been since I saw them switch out while I was in line!
- I was so incredibly relieved at all the characters at the 10k. THIS IS WHY I DO YOUR RACES DISNEY.
YES THIS EXACTLY I MEAN HELLO :worship:
- I couldn't go to the meet up because I was with a friend who lives in CA who I rarely get to see, but it looks like it was super fun!
That's awesome that you got to see your friend! :)
- When my friend and I got up the morning of the 10k, we looked at each other and said "What is that weird faint bass thumping??" Turned out the course went right behind our hotel and it was Following the Leader....
LOL - when I think of that song I most definitely do not think of "bass bumping." Funny what sounds come through when you're not right there hearing the song!
- Another hater of those submarines. I loved it when it was 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. It is the absolute worst now.
I seriously hated it. At least now I know!
- Congrats on a great race! I keep looking at everyone's pics from the weekend hoping I'll see a glance of myself, but no sign of a Winnie the Pooh ear hat yet ;).
Thanks, congrats to you too! I've been doing the same thing with other people's pics and have yet to see myself. :)

Thank you - I felt happy and strong!!

Thanks! Oh man, 3 less-than-stellar trips in a row, yikes! The table next to be at breakfast seemed to have some issues with their meal but my service was fine. Maybe it is hit or miss!

I think I could have worded that better, lol. Luckily it was just ONE bad visit, back in January. The other times have been great. But since my last visit (that one) wasn't great, I was nervous this time. We had amazing service this time though, so the January one was a fluke, as it should be. :)

I think I could have worded that better, lol. Luckily it was just ONE bad visit, back in January. The other times have been great. But since my last visit (that one) wasn't great, I was nervous this time. We had amazing service this time though, so the January one was a fluke, as it should be. :)
Nope, not you - just my poor reading skills! :upsidedow oops!!

The Starbucks locations at Disney Springs have mobile order too (at least the one on the West Side does ... I'm 95% sure the other one does too, but not 100%, since I don't go to Starbucks at Disney Springs because Ghirardelli). It's because the ones outside the park are operated by Starbucks, but the ones in the park are operated by Disney - that's why the people who work at Starbucks in the park are CMs and the people who work at Downtown Disney Starbucks are Starbucks employees (partners? I never remember what they can their employees).
#RandomKnowledge

Congrats to Mr. A on passing his oral exams! That's awesome!!

The end of a trip is always super sad, especially when it's a really good trip, but it sounds like you made the most of your last day! I'm really glad that you had such a great trip (despite the 5K issues) and were feeling healthy throughout.
Good call sending an email to runDisney with your concern - I don't know if they'll do anything about it, but it's important for them to know how people felt about the weekend so that they know that there are improvements to be made.

[QUOTE="Ariel484, post: 57639156, member: 410479" ]
I love love love the vibe of Carthay Circle - even if I didn't have a meal there, just hanging out in the lounge would be so fun. I found a download of the background music they play there and it's among my favorite park loops. :lovestruc[/QUOTE]

I also loved the lounge area, but wondered if you can actually just hang out there. They wouldn't let us through the door until we assured them we had a reservation. Maybe you can during slower times of the day or something?

Looks like an amazing final day and I love all your medal pics as always. I'm so glad that you had such a good weekend physically and were able to enjoy the runs. That's such a great accomplishment after your difficult year. Well done for your tenacity in working through those injuries. Again, so pleased we got the chance to see you throughout the weekend. It made the weekend even more special.

Another wonderful trip report! I honestly have been so excited to read this one- for one I'm excited to read all of your trip reports and two because I'll be doing PDC in 2018. Fingers crossed they change some of the stupid stuff about the races!
Your day at Disneyland sounds perfect! I love that your rope dropped and followed a plan. My two favorite things to do haha (but that is crazy that the lines were already so long first thing!)
And that dinner looked so great!
And a big congratulations to Mr. Ariel!! What an accomplishment! I love the treats you brought home for him in honor of it! :)

(Oh and I will finally try the 6" shorts when I receive the Calavera shorts! I am so freakin' excited for those to come!)

I feel silly to not realize who Judy Hopps was! I'm so bad with names of movies I've only seen once.

Your trip reports are always so quick! Get busy for a day and so much has happened!

Yay for your husband and his exams!

Glad you had a busy day at Disneyland and got a lot done at the park! Race only trips do make it hard to have a lot of park time!

Steakhouse 55 is awesome! We love having that as our post 10K, pre-half dinner! (We find the chef's counter at Napa Rose to be amazing post half but we like food probably more than most people).

We've gotten those types of tags before when we've been at 49.8 pounds! Not shocked you got it for 49.2 points!

Yay for finding a source of some of your back issues!

Disney Trips without races are fun in their own right but it takes a bit more for you to travel there and I do so I get why you have fewer!

Yay for getting your pink CoC! Enjoy that bling!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!