A Pre- Free Before 3 Poly DVC Trip Report

meggers628

Mouseketeer
Hello! I’ve been a Disboards member since my first “grown-up” trip in 2011 and I’m excited to write my first (Pre_) Trip report. My name is Megan and I am a 34 year old wife, mother of 3, RN, and of course a Disney fan! We live in NJ and this will be my third trip as an adult. Growing up I visited Disneyland once (unfortunately I don’t remember) and WDW 4 times. 2 stays were off site, my senior trip was at All Star Sports, but it was my trip as a sweet 16 year old that started it all! We stayed at Old Key West as a guest of a DVC member. During that trip we (legally, I think) pool hopped (asDVC) to Stormalong Bay. THAT was the night I fell in love with Disney Resorts. I love the theme parks, but I am ALL ABOUT the resorts. I love the environment and theming. I love staying within close proximity to the parks. I.LOVE.IT.ALL.

Fast forward 12 years, I am married, we are homeowners, and FINALLY it is my time to plan a Disney trip. It was a 9 night Food and Wine trip, split stay at the Beach Club Villas and Beach Club. I did my homework, we had a magical time, and my husband was hooked (well, hooked enough anyway). 2 kids and 4 years later it was time for our second trip. How could I top my dream of the Beach Club? 9 nights at the Grand of course! Thousands of dollars in discounted gift cards helped make that dream a reality. We were upgraded to a theme park view (BOCA CHICA FTW!) and we had an un-be-lie-vable time. 2 years and 1 MORE kid later, here we are!

Somehow, I have convinced my husband we need to take a Disney trip right before each of our kids turn 3. You can’t beat free before 3! With each new bundle of joy that joins our family, our trip budget shrinks. So, this time around we will be renting DVC points. I tried some popular brokers, and to be honest tried for BCV again, but was unsuccessful. So I found a renter here on the boards and booked our (extremely close) second choice of the Poly. 10 nights, standard view studio, October 17-27. Why do we take such long trips? Because I love Disney, duh !! But really, it’s because I love/need a lot of downtime at the resort (remember I LOVE the resorts). Downtime is critical with little one too. I don’t want to need a vacation after my vacation, but I don’t want to miss out on any of the fun in the park, either. So, 9 nights is a minimum for us.

When it came time to book airfare, a wonderful thing happened! It was significantly cheaper to fly down on Monday the 16th. And since my oldest LOVES The Little Mermaid, Ursula in particular, so we added Monday night at Art of Animation in a standard room.

So…..that is my intro. How did I do? LOL. Anyway, we are at the one month countdown TODAY!! I will introduce our cast of characters, and let you in on our plans. Won’t you read along and vicariously take a Disney Trip with my family and me (I?, me and my family? Whatev)? I hope you do! To be continued….

Let me introduce the cast of this trip report. You already know me. Megan, wife, mom, RN. (pictured with my sweet baby Rose.)
271128-85c8fe6a583766f9f2cea5afbcd71a57.jpg

This is my husband Steve. He is a fan of Disney World, but not a fanatic. I think mostly he is a fan of making his family happy. He is the best!
271129-c3549d27f082935a48fdda34950feebb.jpg

Lucy is 4, almost 5. She loves princesses.
271130-a2f15046524accc4b9ac1065ed631767.jpg

Nicholas is 2, almost 3. He loves dinosaurs, trucks, and pirates.
271131-0d833020462b0a9ef49fea02fc3edddd.jpg

Rose is 8months, and will be 9 months when we travel. She loves breastfeeding.
271132-7e41119db0d6e9281d46ba7863051d8d.jpg

I am obviously biased, but I think I have the best (and cutest) kids in the world.

We will also be joined 10/18-23 by my mom, my Aunt, and her friend. The are also staying at the Poly. Having Grandma along will allow Steve and I to have a date night. Can’t Wait!

Hopefully I can figure out how to add pictures, and they aren’t too big or small. We shall see :)

Attachments

• IMG_3570.JPG
    IMG_3570.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3572.JPG
    IMG_3572.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3574.JPG
    IMG_3574.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3575.JPG
    IMG_3575.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3573.JPG
    IMG_3573.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter