A Princess, A Royal Room and a CRAZY Auntie EE and Uncle Goey Updated 1/12 COMPLETED

What a fun way to bring in the New Year and celebrate your girls birthday! I definitely should have live streamed the NYE fireworks! I told DH to never let me plan a trip for the week between Christmas and New Years but I always get some serious fomo when I see everyone having so much fun!

I'm glad your flight cancellations worked out! It's funny how being in Disney can complete block out your knowings of the outside world! We did know about the hurricane but I tried my best to keep it from my Mom because I knew she would worry and we had absolutely nothing to worry about! People were coming TO Disney to get out of the storms way lol

And I love Tim Tracker too! He and Jenn just do such a great job of vlogging and explaining everything. Definitely my faves!! And DH's too!

What a fun way to bring in the New Year and celebrate your girls birthday!

It's a great excuse to go out to eat and spend time as a family!!!

I definitely should have live streamed the NYE fireworks!

We've done this 2 years in a row now, so it's a tradition at this point, right???

It's funny how being in Disney can complete block out your knowings of the outside world!

We honestly had zero clue this was going on...

And I love Tim Tracker too! He and Jenn just do such a great job of vlogging and explaining everything. Definitely my faves!! And DH's too!

Ali introduced them to us, and now we are HOOKED!!!!!!:love:

Happy New Year Jenny! Looks like you all had a great night of sushi and dinner with the girls. Love all their pictures! We didn't see midnight for the first time in as long as I can remember, but we were up early the next morning to head to Savannah for a few days.

Glad you all got home safe and sound and got an extra day of vacation to boot. And your silly pictures have me cracking up. Especially your St. Pete one :-)

Happy New Year Jenny! Looks like you all had a great night of sushi and dinner with the girls. Love all their pictures! We didn't see midnight for the first time in as long as I can remember, but we were up early the next morning to head to Savannah for a few days.

Glad you all got home safe and sound and got an extra day of vacation to boot. And your silly pictures have me cracking up. Especially your St. Pete one :-)

Happy New Year Kari!!!! This was the first time we saw midnight in years. We are just plain old and tired most of the time. How was Savannah??? That is totally on our list of places to visit!!!!
I KNEW you would enjoy that 1 pic. Hee! Hee!:D:D:D

Happy New Year Kari!!!! This was the first time we saw midnight in years. We are just plain old and tired most of the time. How was Savannah??? That is totally on our list of places to visit!!!!
I KNEW you would enjoy that 1 pic. Hee! Hee!:D:D:D

Savannah was great. You can't beat 80 degrees and a little beach time on New Years Day :sunny:

Totally in love with your HM sweatshirt and Boo to you mug! I spotted your cute Madame Leota bag in the first picture. That print is one of my favourites and I have it in the crossbody bag. D&B bags are a dangerous addiction!

Totally in love with your HM sweatshirt and Boo to you mug! I spotted your cute Madame Leota bag in the first picture. That print is one of my favourites and I have it in the crossbody bag. D&B bags are a dangerous addiction!

Thank you! Yes, D&B Bags are a costly addiction!!!! I'm up for a new one too. Hee! Hee!

I love that HM sweatshirt, I've never seen it! Now I need to look for it when we're down there this month.......
I got your text tonight :) I was working like a crazy person until a little bit ago so will answer you tomorrow because yes we do!!!!

I love that HM sweatshirt, I've never seen it! Now I need to look for it when we're down there this month.......
I got your text tonight :) I was working like a crazy person until a little bit ago so will answer you tomorrow because yes we do!!!!

The sweatshirt is super soft too!!!
I wish I was going to Disney this month...Lucky girl!!!!
I look forward to hearing from you!!!:flower1:

Final Thoughts:

Port Orleans Riverside/Royal Room/Courtyard View: This was my third time staying at this resort and the second time staying in a Royal Room. I absolutely loved it and the free upgrade to a Courtyard View was very much appreciated. The hotel NEVER felt crowded for being such a huge resort. It was always extremely quiet. I LOVED the location. I wished I had written it down, but I didn't. It was close to everything, the Sassagoula Steamboat Company (shopping and food), the main pool, Ol’ Man Island and a quiet pool. It was beyond clean and the grounds were beautiful.

Taking a carriage ride to end our first night at POR was the perfect way to end the day. I highly recommend this if you haven't done it before. We've done this a couple of times at both POR and POFQ and have found it to be very relaxing and a great way to view both resorts.

We only took a bus once (to MNSSHP). The bus came when the board said it would and we didn't have a long wait after the party for one. This was probably one of our better busing experiences, and for those of you who know me know how much I HATE the buses at Disney...I'd rather scrub toilets at McDonald's than ride a Disney bus...Just saying...:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

The Food: The biggest disappointment was the Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast. I won't repeat why, but I am fairly certain I won't be returning for a looooong time.

The biggest hits were, of course, Brunch at the Top and I cannot wait to return in May!!!!! Also, it was a GREAT place to have my first Bloody Mary. We also enjoyed the Polite Pig (new to us), Akershus Royal Banquet Hall for breakfast, and Yak and Yeti. In fact, we have enjoyed Yak and Yeti so much that I signed up for a Landry's card and it came in the mail this week. I totally plan on using it in May and September.:cool:
Oh, and how could I forget...The Dessert Party at MK. I LOVED how they had mini offerings of most of the desserts that were exclusive to Fall and Halloween for purchase throughout the MK. The cheeseburger eggrolls were to die for. I would book another dessert party just for those.

Next, I will touch upon MNSSHP...

Last edited:
MNSSHP:

This was our third MNSSHP. Overall, we didn't find our party night to be very crowded. :P

We were able to hit up many of the TOT stations with no wait whatsoever. We walked through the line without stopping and were given handfuls of candy every time. This was Gia's first time EVER TOT, and she caught on very quickly and really liked the fact that if you said the 3 magic words you were given all sorts of goodies...

We walked on all the rides that we chose to do that night, like Dumbo, Little Mermaid, The Carousel, and IASW. I was also able to grab FP's for the Jungle Cruise and Peter Pan before the party even began (of course, I did this 60 days out...). Now, that being said, we didn't hit up any of the big rides like Space Mountain or Mine Train, because we had Gia with us and she pretty much dictated the night. But, we knew that going in, so we weren't disappointed in any way. I know we could have done Rider Swap, but we chose not to.

We watched the second parade from Frontierland and literally grabbed a spot in front of Pin Traders about 20 minutes before it began. This is where we always stand for after hour parades and find it to be a great location. The characters in the parade were very interactive with Gia and we even had Brier Rabbit lead the crowd in Happy Birthday to Gia before the parade even started...

The Dessert Party and Hallowishes was the highlight of the night. This was my 3rd or fourth party and in my opinion, the BEST way to see the fireworks. It's never been crowded and the food has always been plentiful. Again, I LOVED the fact that some of the desserts featured were mini's of the actuals sold in the park. I didn't know this going in and it was truly a delightful and delicious surprise. But, I have to say...those egg rolls were THE BOMB!!!!

The character lines did seem long to me. But, Gia only wanted to see the princesses, so that's what we did. You already know which ones we saw, so I won't go into any more detail here...

The merch...We were able to pick up some of the exclusive Halloween party pins for Ashley (she has been collecting Disney pins since she was 4 or 5. We were also able to snag the cauldron popcorn bucket. This was something Joe had to have (hello, it's part of Snow White's world, duh).:D

I was really hoping to use PhotoPass for some Magic Shots and I got my wish. The ones we took turned out cute and my fav was obviously the one with the Headless Horseman.

Overall, this was a great party night for us!!! We are hoping to attend again in September if we can work it into our already packed schedule. But, more on that in another report down the line...

Thank you to everyone who read through my report. I hope you all enjoyed it...Sadly, I think it is done. I really try to be entertaining as well as informative. I try to include LOTS of pics, because I love seeing everyone else's pictures, and hope mine are just as good and entertaining. I have a few more reports I will be working on this year, including my newest: An Epic Girl's Trip With Some Joey on the Side...
So, feel free to stop by, say hi and leave a comment or two. I honestly LOVE hearing from all of you.:love: Kisses and Hugs my DISers!!!! And, until next time...

You unquestionably entertained me the last few months. And your last picture sums you all up perfectly!!! Thanks for letting me join in on your trip.

I have really enjoyed your report, such fun pictures and stories! I feel like I am getting to know you with our reports and replies, I love it! It will be so fun to meet in May!

I have really enjoyed your report, such fun pictures and stories! I feel like I am getting to know you with our reports and replies, I love it! It will be so fun to meet in May!

I feel the same way! May is going to be soooo fun! Maybe we can try to meet up Wednesday night in DS, since I think we are both going to be there that night before the real party gets started...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!