"A Private Affair"

I just recevived the following information from Chef Gordon at Hilton Head:

"I don't have a specific children's menu or pricing guide, but kids are always welcome, of course. I usually charge half price for the older kids who will be eating. For the very young, there is no charge, but they are still welcome! I have had parents bring along videos to keep the children occupied while the adults eat (a great way to save on the cost of a baby-sitter). I have also had parents bring along Happy Meals or pizza for their tiny children whom they didn't think would like the grown up
food.

As for the advanced reservations, they are definitely necessary! As you know, space is extremely limited. I can't imagine why any CM would have told somebody otherwise, but I will certainly make sure that everyone who answers the phones at Disney receives an updated copy of the "A Private Affair" information sheet, which not only includes the topics above, but will also
have my personal email address so that future Guests may contact me directly."

Enjoy!

Doc,
Is tipping the chef an appropriate thing to do for "A Private Affair?"

Thanks in advance for the advice :)

Good question! The CM's in general at HH won't typically accept a gratuity. The shuttle drivers are quite polite and quick to turn down a tip.

When I went to pay for the evening on my room charge- Gordon filled out the charge slip and carried the charges down to total- leaving no place to add a tip. I didn't take time then to argue it with him, but the same thing happened when we took his "Cooking with Matilda" class the next day. The same process occurred for each participant.

While I felt a gratuity was well deserved, I assume that it's not expected.

Enjoy!

Thanks to Doc, I now have all my questions answered, and my reservation booked. Chef Gordon has been (as I've grown to expect from Disney) very responsive / flexible / helpful in getting things setup for our trip.

Thanks again to Doc for giving us the information and helping me work through the problems I was having.

Will this dinner be available in the future (6 months from now), or is it a special, off season thing that HH is doing? We'll be there at the end of March, and this might be something we'd be interested in. Thanks!

It is a regular, year round activity at the HH resort. Obviously, it is limited in availability so advance planning is recommended.

I don't know if there is anyone besides Chef Gordon who is qualified to offer the program, so there logically may be times when he is unavailable (vacations, days off) to offer the program.

Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter