• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A question about Balconies

WildGrits

DIS Veteran
My family is planning on visiting WDW at the end of September. Right now we have reservations at the Poly. Because of our great economy, we need to tighen our belt and try to go a little cheaper. Because we have younguns, we need to have a balcony so that we can sit and relax while they sleep. So my questions is, what if any moderate resorts have balconies?

No

Unfortunately the moderates and values open to the outside whereas the deluxes open to inside halls and then some rooms have patios or balconys in the other direction.

At a moderate your outside door would open to a concrete walkway that people use to get to their rooms. I have occasionally seen people take an inside chair out and sit there but it really isn't set up that way and certainly wouldn't be convenient or in any way private.

Liz

None of the moderates have balconies.

A couple other options could be standard view rooms at the AKL or WL. They often run specials at those resorts for $129 per nite. The balcony might overlook a parking lot, roof view, etc, but at least it would be a balcony.

Also, the Fort Wilderness Cabins have a deck with picnic table, separate living room from the sleeping quarters. They are about $149 a night during value season but you would have a full kitchen to further economize on meals.

A standard view room at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, or a Contemporary Garden Wing room (1st floor only) should be less expensive options than the Polynesian for a balcony. Also, some of the properties in Hotel Plaza (Downtown Disney) offer balconies, if you should wish to pursue a non-WDW option.

I really wish the moderates did have balconies, but unfortunately they do not.

hi: just another suggestion- a home away from home resort would give you the balcony you need, except for the units on the first floor. a studio size unit is about 360 sq. ft and comes equipped with a medium size fridge, microwave, toaster, and coffeemaker. at okw, the studios have 2 queen beds. at bwv, vwl, and bcv there is a queen bed and a pull-out sofa. if you can't get a good deal through cro, you can try to rent points from a dvc member.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter