A question for people that have been to club 33 (*not* asking for a reservation)

DieGo2SHAE

Mouseketeer
A person is offering to make me a reservation for club 33 but I don't know if they're legitimate or trying to pull a fast one on me. These are a few things they've said, I just want to see whether or not they're true and/or typical of how the reservation process works.

They're saying that the reservation can be made today (meaning presently, not just today only or anything) for a future date about a month away, and that a confirmation email for the reservation is sent 3-5 days before the reservation date.

This person is not a member but claims to know one, and says the member would not have to be with me when entering the club.

They claim the restaurant seats 60 people.

Does this seem like a normal process? Or is he making something up? Is there anything I could ask that would make for definitive 'proof' of it being legitimate if answered correctly?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

The person offering a potential reservation on the behalf of another person gives me a bit of pause. That member is risking his membership if a "friend of a friend" (you) is a jerk (not saying you are, just pointing out the risk being taken). If I had a membership, I'd be hesitant to make a reservation for my bestie's friend that I'm not associated with, and that's a lot closer of a relationship than it sounds like you are talking.

For weekdays they can make reservations a month in advance. For a weekend, they can make the reservation 2 weeks in advance (I think that is what I was told). It might be late to hear when you will get the actual reservation time, but it just depends. Members do not need to be present for you to go, if you have a reservation.

It sounds like you don't know the person offering to make the reservation at all. That alone would make me a little nervous. If this is someone offering to make a reservation because they are generous and want to help you out, that is one thing. The worst you have to lose is eating somewhere else if you realized the reservation isn't legit. If they are asking for money or ANYTHING else from you in order to make the reservation that would be a huge red flag.

A person is offering to make me a reservation for club 33 but I don't know if they're legitimate or trying to pull a fast one on me. These are a few things they've said, I just want to see whether or not they're true and/or typical of how the reservation process works.

They're saying that the reservation can be made today (meaning presently, not just today only or anything) for a future date about a month away, and that a confirmation email for the reservation is sent 3-5 days before the reservation date.

This person is not a member but claims to know one, and says the member would not have to be with me when entering the club.

Does this seem like a normal process? Or is he making something up? Is there anything I could ask that would make for definitive 'proof' of it being legitimate if answered correctly?

It sounds like you don't know the person offering to make the reservation at all. That alone would make me a little nervous. If this is someone offering to make a reservation because they are generous and want to help you out, that is one thing. The worst you have to lose is eating somewhere else if you realized the reservation isn't legit. If they are asking for money or ANYTHING else from you in order to make the reservation that would be a huge red flag.

How close to your friend are you? If they aren't asking for money or anything and you know your friend well, then why not go for it? If the reservation doesn't pan out then just do a quick service. You have nothing to lose. We were once gifted a reservation by a very generous person whom I had never met before. I thought it was too good to be true at first, but I went for it with a positive attitude. As it turns out, it was just a very nice person trying to do something nice for someone and I was able to take my family to a once in a lifetime meal at Club 33.

I had the privilege of dining at Club 33 about eight years ago, and it was nothing like you described. There was no email confirmation. I checked in with great services for my complimentary park tickets, and a protocol list for the park.

I second the opinion that it sounds like this is someone you do not know. As a side note, if this opportunity is being offered to you for some type of consideration in return, then run for the hills. That type of arrangement violates membership guidelines.

The important thing is do you know this person and are they asking for money. Plus if they don’t personally have a membership, it’s not up to them anyway. If the member is allowing random strangers to be their guests, Disney may well have an issue with that as well.
I would tread very carefully if you don’t know the person and run a mile if they’re asking for money.
All the best.

I used to be way more active on the board years ago. I am still Disney obsessed, but working long hours with 4 kids in college. Someone approached me on the boards and identified themselves as a Club 33 member. He said he enjoyed my posts and involvement on the boards and wanted to invite my family to dine at Club 33 to fulfill my ultimate bucket list wish. I had recently won tickets to see a taping of the View and was planning a short trip. I decided to accept the offer not knowing if it was 100% legit. What really did I have to lose? That I might walk up to the door, knock and been turned away? I'm sure the staff knows how to handle that well.

How surprised I was to find that we did have a reservation. It was an amazing experience that I will cherish FOREVER. It's been years, but I still recall that feeling I got when I stepped out on to the balcony overlooking New Orleans Square. I say go for it!

And thanks again to my benefactor, if you are still out there!!!

Just to be clear... it sounds like you don't know either of the other two people involved. As in: a stranger has offered to ask another stranger to make you a reservation.

We went to Club 33 about two years ago and we received an email confirmation at some point after the reservation was made. I just don’t remember if it was about a week before the reservation, but 5 days prior sounds about right. The email included dress code information and other logistics.

If this person is asking you to pay them for making the reservation, then this is an offer you should definitely refuse.

I think it sounds right (though in 2011 I didn't receive an email confirmation but I admit things might have changed), but....

This person is not a member but claims to know one

That doesn't sound OK.

I checked in with great services for my complimentary park tickets, and a protocol list for the park.

We had APs so we didn't have to check in anywhere outside of the parks. The owner emailed me info about the rules, if I recall correctly.

Thank you to everyone that has replied so far. To answer the biggest question that I should’ve clarified from the start, no, the person is not asking for any money. I’m only cautious because there are other people involved. If it were just me then I wouldn’t care about being turned down at the door, but I don’t want other people to go through the trouble of going to the park and to look like an idiot in front of them if we all got turned down at the door.

The person in question did say that the confirmation email would include information about the dress code so that seems like a good sign. I’ll see if they suddenly ask for money or something.

Does anybody know if it’s possible to call the restaurant to verify a reservation after it has been made?

I had the privilege of dining at Club 33 about eight years ago, and it was nothing like you described. There was no email confirmation. I checked in with great services for my complimentary park tickets, and a protocol list for the park.

I second the opinion that it sounds like this is someone you do not know. As a side note, if you this opportunity is being offered to you for some type of consideration, then run for the hills.
Thank you to everyone that has replied so far. To answer the biggest question that I should’ve clarified from the start, no, the person is not asking for any money. I’m only cautious because there are other people involved. If it were just me then I wouldn’t care about being turned down at the door, but I don’t want other people to go through the trouble of going to the park and to look like an idiot in front of them if we all got turned down at the door.

The person in question did say that the confirmation email would include information about the dress code so that seems like a good sign. I’ll see if they suddenly ask for money or something.

Does anybody know if it’s possible to call the restaurant to verify a reservation after it has been made?

I do recall, after thinking about your questions, that there were some rule changes after I had visited.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/07/...ted-from-exclusive-club-33-wont-be-returning/

Best thing to do is do is trust but verify, and don't sent any money. Best of luck and I hope you are able to enjoy the club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter