A question for people that have been to club 33 (*not* asking for a reservation)

My friend is a member and much of what your acquaintance is describing sounds right. When my friend makes a reservation for me, he receives the confirmation and sends it along to me. I imagine he could set it up to come to me instead, though. I honestly don't know how many people can dine in the club.

I was wondering if maybe the person you know is actually a member and doesn't want to say so. It's very risky for a member to allow such a third-hand reservation with no knowledge as to who the guests are.

We were able to go through DH’s company’s corporate membership. His boss contacted the administrator of the membership and requested it on his behalf. It’s usually reserved for executives entertaining clients, but if it’s not being used that day they will sometimes allow it (DH is a second level manager, with the company 35 years). They did email us with the reservation details and dress code. He is hoping to arrange another lunch for our family of 6 on our September trip. So far they have asked us what dates we could do, so that’s a good sign- but it’s likely we won’t know till a month or less before.

My wife and I got to go last summer via a friend of a friend. The member made the reservation and (I think) forwarded us the email reservation which had the dress code etc. We got a phone call the day before confirming the reservation (as mentioned by someone else). There was never a need to pre-pay or put a CC on file or anything.

My friend is a member and much of what your acquaintance is describing sounds right. When my friend makes a reservation for me, he receives the confirmation and sends it along to me. I imagine he could set it up to come to me instead, though. I honestly don't know how many people can dine in the club.

I was wondering if maybe the person you know is actually a member and doesn't want to say so. It's very risky for a member to allow such a third-hand reservation with no knowledge as to who the guests are.

My wife and I got to go last summer via a friend of a friend. The member made the reservation and (I think) forwarded us the email reservation which had the dress code etc. We got a phone call the day before confirming the reservation (as mentioned by someone else). There was never a need to pre-pay or put a CC on file or anything.

If I could ask, what information is required to make a reservation? If this person suddenly asked me for a CC number for a ‘hold’ then I’d obviously know it was a scam, but what is actually needed? Or is it just basic info like name(s), a phone number, and an email address?

If I could ask, what information is required to make a reservation? If this person suddenly asked me for a CC number for a ‘hold’ then I’d obviously know it was a scam, but what is actually needed? Or is it just basic info like name(s), a phone number, and an email address?
My person just needed the name and number of people attending. I think maybe email and phone number too but that would be it. I think you should tell people to go with the hopes there is a reservation made, and if not, have a backup plan. That's what we did. The whole party was aware that there was no absolute. We were planning on walking up and giving our name for the reservation. If they let us in, great. If they didn't, we weren't going to let it ruin our trip. we were just going to go someplace else to eat.

They're saying that the reservation can be made today (meaning presently, not just today only or anything) for a future date about a month away, and that a confirmation email for the reservation is sent 3-5 days before the reservation date.
I usually get a confirmation within 24 hours.

They claim the restaurant seats 60 people.

Does this seem like a normal process? Or is he making something up? Is there anything I could ask that would make for definitive 'proof' of it being legitimate if answered correctly?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
It seats about 60, sounds normal, but remember, members are limited on the number of reservations for unaccompanied visits in a year.

Does anybody know if it’s possible to call the restaurant to verify a reservation after it has been made?
No, only members can call.

A person is offering to make me a reservation for club 33 but I don't know if they're legitimate or trying to pull a fast one on me. These are a few things they've said, I just want to see whether or not they're true and/or typical of how the reservation process works.
The specifics are correct - the process normal.

It is odd that someone you don't know, who doesn't really know you is acting as a third party go-between. I know three members; I would never ask them to make a reservation for someone I hardly know. And from your post it seems this person doesn't know you very well - you clearly don't know this person well.

On the other hand: what could the scam be?

I went back and found the communication. If I remember, I only gave my name. I actually got the reservation texted to me as a PDF from the actual member. Definitely no CC needed. If they asked for that I would run away.

Good point.

We recently went and the process was as you described...the member was able to make a reservation a month out. We received the confirmation email shortly after the reservation was made...although I cannot recall exactly it was maybe two weeks before the date of our reservation. The meal is very expensive and, at least for dinner, very leisurely. If you have nothing to lose, I would say go for it. Maybe tell your guests that you cannot verify it until you get the confirmation email.

I have a random interest in making up stories to fill in the blanks when I hear things. I am envisioning you are really working on getting these new clients/customers or in some other way really trying to impress someone and were mentioning it to an associate and they said, hey I know someone who could get you reservations at Club 33 - that would impress them! And you were like really?! That would be awesome! but then got to thinking about if this person is really trying to help you because it sounds too good to be true or if they are setting you up to look like a fool in front of the person you are trying to impress.

I’m sorry I don’t know anything about Club 33 and I hope they are pure with their intentions and everything works out well for you.

I just find it odd that a member would make a reservation for someone they don't know. The risk is HUGE. Heck, even a member who made me reservations a couple of times historically won't make unaccompanied reservations anymore for anybody due to the risk. The specifics sound right, I'm just incredulous that any member would put their membership at risk after the crackdowns of the recent years. I applaud the members who spread the Disney magic however, I'm so grateful I've been able to celebrate family milestones at the club due to some VERY generous members.

We had the amazing experience of being hosted at Club 33 last November. Our host (who was the friend of a friend actually, but the intermediary friend contacted us both and put us in direct communication with one another) told us that if guests break the Club 33 rules, the member hosting them can have their own privileges revoked. This was one reason that he likes to attend and dine with the people he hosts. We enjoyed this very much, because he and his wife were delightful to visit with, and told us so much about this history of Club 33. But that experience makes me think that this might not be legitimate, because the Club 33 member has so much to lose if the guest does anything like take a picture where they are not allowed, or post a picture online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!