A Quick March Birthday Getaway (updated 4/29/19)

Chad got a Pepperoni Pizza based on the receipt but I can't find it exactly on the menu. His was 19.98 but the one on the menu is a full pizza for 17.99 so I don't think that's it but I could be wrong. In any case, he said it was horrible.
What!?! I wish you took a picture of his $20 pizza!!!?!? That is crazy.

So Landscape of Flavors gets a big thumbs down for us. I've heard good things but we actually prefer the Pop food court.
We did the food court there once and it was ok. I think I had too high of expectations for it. It was still food court food.

We made our way back to Pop and did some shopping in their gift shop.Then headed to the room. I think it was probably fairly early, maybe 9, but we were all exhausted from our long drive, pool time, and (some of us) pool drinks! We all headed to bed.
Sounded like a nice travel day.

What!?! I wish you took a picture of his $20 pizza!!!?!? That is crazy.
See and I don't even remember it. When I looked atthe receipt last night, I kind of freaked out. Like what in the heck cost 19.98?? No wonder our meal was so expensive!

We did the food court there once and it was ok. I think I had too high of expectations for it. It was still food court food.
Yeh, another reason I do not like the values.

Sounded like a nice travel day.
It turned out very nice.

Great pics of the boys!!!
Thank you!

Then we headed into the main building so we could shop and have dinner.

We did this last trip before we headed home.

So Landscape of Flavors gets a big thumbs down for us.

That's too bad. We enjoyed our meal here. It wasn't great but nice to have something different.

After this we went over to the Cars section and took lots of photos:

Very cool "Cars" pictures. We didn't make it that far on our little trip over to AOA.

I think it was probably fairly early, maybe 9, but we were all exhausted from our long drive, pool time, and (some of us) pool drinks! We all headed to bed.

Travel day is always tiring.

Day 2, Part 1

So, because we went to bed so early the night before, I woke up bright and early at like 5 and couldn't go back to sleep. I got up around 5:30 and cruised FB. Close to 6am, I took off for the food court to grab some coffee and first breakfast.
IMG_5022.JPG IMG_5023.JPG

This is not something I normally do, though I did like being out in the peacefulness of the morning. Normally, I'm exhausted at Disney and fight the alarm. But they only had a couple coffee set ups in the room and I usually drink two while Chad drinks one. I had planned to leave a tip and a note for extras for the Mousekeeper but that wouldn't help us this AM so off to the food court it was. Once there, it wasn't terribly busy but they only had one bay open. I decided to grab some food - a Bounty Platter, I think - that we could all share, plus some drinks (coffee, OJ, apple juice, chocolate milk) and a tie dye cheesecake for later!
IMG_5024.JPG
IMG_5029.JPG
Nice quote on my coffee cup (I love that they do this):
IMG_5025.JPG
Made it back to the room and everyone was slow to wake up because, duh, it was about 6:30am. I had forgotten to set up the Mickey gift the night before AND that morning before I had left but I managed to sneak it:
IMG_5028.JPG

We all just hung out in the room for a bit until it was time to head out for our second breakfast at Cape May! We drove over to the Beach Club, which wasn't too terribly far. We had a great CM check us in! She went to get us all birthday buttons to celebrate Will's birthday. We made sure to #CastCompliment her on Twitter, along with a couple other wonderful CMs. CMs really just make the trip for us. We have had so many go out of their way for us.

We got seated rather quickly and made our plates.

Here is my first plate:
IMG_5031.JPG
Yes, I love bacon, if you can't tell. :rotfl:
I also had biscuits and gravy, eggs mixed with stuff...haha...breakfast potatoes, and other things that I did not write down!

Our drinks:
IMG_5032.JPG
I know Chad got a Bloody Mary. I tried to order an It's a Shore Thing, Sparkling Wine with Mango Popping Boba, but apparently they were out of Mango Popping Boba so I got a Cape May Sunrise, Ketel One Vodka with Orange Juice, instead. It was yummy, but I had hoped for the Mango Popping Boba!

Here's our character photos:
IMG_5033.JPG
IMG_5034.JPG

Continued in next post...

Last edited:
Day 2, Part 1 con't

IMG_5035.JPG IMG_5037.JPG IMG_5038.JPG IMG_5039.JPG IMG_5041.JPG IMG_5042.JPG

I have a video of the CMs singing Happy Birthday to Will:

All in all, it was a good, solid breakfast with great character and cast experiences. It had been since 2016 that we had done this one, so I was glad to revisit Cape May. Afterward we did go out and walk around and look at the pool area and lake area. My plan is to try for Beach Club Villas (or Boardwalk Villas as a second choice) for June 2020.

After this we headed out to the car and to Disney Springs. I'll stop here for now though!

Thanks for following along!

Last edited:
img_5022-jpg.392761

I remember when this was a water fun spot.

I had planned to leave a tip and a note for extras for the Mousekeeper but that wouldn't help us this AM so off to the food court it was.

Did that work? I asked for more cups and never got them.

Nice quote on my coffee cup (I love that they do this):

Very nice touch.

Here is my first plate:

Looks good! I like bacon but not that much.

Our drinks:
img_5032-jpg.392771

So colorful!

Here's our character photos:

Great character interaction.

I'm here! Great start to your trip. Love the idea of Disney without the parks. There is so much to do that we often take it all for granted. And still disappointed that we missed you all but can't wait to meet next month!

I'm here! Great start to your trip. Love the idea of Disney without the parks. There is so much to do that we often take it all for granted. And still disappointed that we missed you all but can't wait to meet next month!
I really wanted to at least go to MK but it wasn't a smart financial decision but we still had plenty to do! And yes, I missed a few of you but at least a will catch up with a couple of you in a few short weeks!

Your Cape May breakfast looks delicious.
It was!

Stinks about the AoA food court. I always hear such good things about that one.
Me, too. What am I missing?

I tipped every day and still didn't get more cups.
That stinks!

Following along. Looking forward to reading more about your adventures. I am also from the Atlanta area. I much prefer leaving on a weekend than a weekday too. I am driving down next month and have to leave on a Monday - ugh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!