A Quick March Birthday Getaway (updated 4/29/19)

Okay guys, I obviously didn't finish this over Spring Break, but I am hoping to get an update added tomorrow. Work is slowing down and I was able to update my PTR today, so this TR is next on my list!

Following along. Looking forward to reading more about your adventures. I am also from the Atlanta area. I much prefer leaving on a weekend than a weekday too. I am driving down next month and have to leave on a Monday - ugh.
Oh no! A Monday is horrible! In July, we leave on July 4th, headed down. I truly hope everyone will have already headed down the day or days before. Then for Labor Day, we are actually leaving after work on the Friday. Not sure how that will go either. But at least there are no Mondays in there!

That is alot of bacon! Gwen would love that! :)
I love me some bacon! It is my favorite breakfast food. Well, that and hash browns. Yum!

I can't wait try this, this summer!

I love all of the outfits on the characters!
I think you guys will love it!

Loving your report. Great birthday breakfast for your boy!:thumbsup2
Thank you!

Day 2, Part 2

So, obviously I tell lies. I said I would update the next day but that was on April 16. Oops. Sorry, it is a crazy time. End of the year at school is approaching, plus an adults only Disney trip this weekend, and AJ has been going through some medical stuff. In any case, I am going to try to get as much done as possible before Chad and I leave on Thursday. If it's just this update, so be it, but I'll do my best to add more.

Last I left you, we were headed to Disney Springs. I am going to be brutally honest here. I have one photo from this part of the day. Yep, one. So, hopefully you won't get too bored with all my text.

After we parked in the Lime Lot (I believe) we came out into DS at Polite Pig. We had already planned to rent a double stroller here for the boys because I am not at all about listening to any whiners and thank goodness, they had one left. However, I'll just say that I will never rent a Disney stroller again, as long as I can help it. Ugh. Those things are just awful. First I thought I would save money as we usually rent from an outside company and its the same price for one day vs three (around $40). But the Disney doubles are $30 for the day, so not a ton saved. Plus you have to leave a hundred dollar deposit on them. Obviously we got that back, but still. Second, I thought it would be better because we wouldn't need to store it in the room but I don't care. I'' deal with that headache all day as long as I don't have to use those Disney strollers again. Moving on....

We stopped at the Polite Pig bar right away for some drinks. I got the seasonal slushie - maybe a mango or something else tropical that I enjoyed. I have no clue what Chad got. I want to say beer on tap...but really, who knows? After this we headed toward the Marketplace area. I Believe Chad stopped and got a beverage at Joeffrey's but again, no clue what it was. We did some shopping at World of Disney and then the boys got some gatorades, popcorn and Chad got a beer from a cart, while I held out for a Seasonal Margarita from Dockside.

We also did some Co-Op shopping and some shopping at the Pin Store. After that, we walked toward The Landing and were deciding where we wanted our next drinks from. We discussed Jock Lindsay's, but we did that in October, so we hit up Homecomin' and here is the only photo I have from our DS visit:
IMG_5044.JPG
I know I got the Moonshine Mash, Watermelon-infused moonshine, fresh watermelon, lime juice, and simple syrup. Oh man, that sounds really good right about now. Definitely need to grab one of those this weekend. Again, because apparently I only keep up with my own drinks, I don't know what Chad got but it was something with moonshine in it, this I know. We really enjoyed these drinks!

After this we hit up Westside. I love the Disney Style store so we stopped there. However, they used to carry different items than what WoD carried and now they really don't. Disney made a change and they only have a small section of the store that has unique items. We were talking to one of the employees and they seemed really bummed about the change, as were we. As it was we still found a few unique items to purchase. After that, Chad went to the cigar shop and the boys and I hit up Candy Cauldron. Then the boys were begging to head back to Pop for some pool time, so we turned in the stroller and headed back.

I'll stop there and hope I can get another update or two in before we leave but I won't promise anything.

You've seen a lot more of DS than I have. You covered a good bit of ground. I've been twice and still haven't made it past The Lego store. So much to see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter