A Reservation Procedure/System Must Be In Place for Galaxy's Edge @ DHS

I’m really not believing that guests with reservations won’t get into the land. It appears they are using the Cantina / Droid and Savi reservations the way DL did when their virtual queue kicked in. Eg. If you had a reservation - you were allowed in a certain time before the reservation time.

Dining reservations guarantees you entry into a park at certain phases of the phased park closes for capacity. Is there technically phases where even a dining reservation isn’t enough to get into Mk when it’s closed for capacity? Sure. In practise, is that ever an issue? No, not really. Because there’s a buffer left for those situations. Because they don’t want the administration of having to refund people’s $10 for missing a reservation.

This reservation system is exactly the same set up. If you are calling and saying “will this GUARANTEE me entrance to the land?”. The cast member has to say no- anything can happen. But in practice- you’ve got a reservation? You’re getting in.

I tend to think that Savi or droid might get you in if the land is full anyway. If you miss that, you are supposed to forfeit the entire amount you would have paid for your merchandise. I'm not so sure about Oga's. Restaurant type reservations have never guaranteed entrance to a full park before. However, this isn't a whole park, and we are not talking about park capacity. I think it is possible that they wont be taking walkups at Oga's at all for awhile, so their only customers are going to be the ones who have reservations. Therefore there must be a mechanism that allows them to attend.

I tend to think that Savi or droid might get you in if the land is full anyway. If you miss that, you are supposed to forfeit the entire amount you would have paid for your merchandise. I'm not so sure about Oga's. Restaurant type reservations have never guaranteed entrance to a full park before. However, this isn't a whole park, and we are not talking about park capacity. I think it is possible that they wont be taking walkups at Oga's at all for awhile, so their only customers are going to be the ones who have reservations. Therefore there must be a mechanism that allows them to attend.
Actually if you have a dining reservation inside a park you are able to get in all the way through phase 3. I think standby will be possible since they know not a lot of people will be inside for the full 45 mins.

After trying to fit SWGE into my upcoming WDW / DCL adventures, I have to unfortunately express great dismay over the ungodly amount of wait time -
standing in lines -
and more lines.....

and more lines -:crazy2:

from the time you get up ...
to the time you wait in line for a bus at Pop....
from the time you leave the bus....

from the time you wait in line at HS (at 6am)....
from the time you actually make it to the SWGE que line.....

to the time your group number is called ----

to the time you actually make it onto the M Falcon.

That I looked at that and realized that i would be looking at about anywhere from a 3 to 5 hour delay.....:mad:

standing in various lines.......

all over ONE attraction that is about 15 minutes in lenght -

*** IMO.... THATS INSANE!***:upsidedow

So after calling WDW resorts to express my point of view, I have decided to use the am of my day four and go see MK's 'Keys to the Kingdom" tour followed by MNSSHP -

Now is SWGE a "hit?":confused3

IMO, yes.... in about a year once they remove all the restrictions....

chill out on restrictions placed on Tier 1 vs tier 2 FPs etc.......

chill out on the 4 hour window.........

chill out and actually let the lone attraction at this time be FP, etc....

Until then, count me out -
Be it Ogas, Droid building or even SWGE.........

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:drinking1

After trying to fit SWGE into my upcoming WDW / DCL adventures, I have to unfortunately express great dismay over the ungodly amount of wait time -
standing in lines -
View attachment 424136
and more lines.....

and more lines -:crazy2:

from the time you get up ...
to the time you wait in line for a bus at Pop....
from the time you leave the bus....

from the time you wait in line at HS (at 6am)....
from the time you actually make it to the SWGE que line.....

to the time your group number is called ----

to the time you actually make it onto the M Falcon.

That I looked at that and realized that i would be looking at about anywhere from a 3 to 5 hour delay.....:mad:

standing in various lines.......

all over ONE attraction that is about 15 minutes in lenght -

*** IMO.... THATS INSANE!***:upsidedow

So after calling WDW resorts to express my point of view, I have decided to use the am of my day four and go see MK's 'Keys to the Kingdom" tour followed by MNSSHP -

Now is SWGE a "hit?":confused3

IMO, yes.... in about a year once they remove all the restrictions....

chill out on restrictions placed on Tier 1 vs tier 2 FPs etc.......

chill out on the 4 hour window.........

chill out and actually let the lone attraction at this time be FP, etc....

Until then, count me out -
Be it Ogas, Droid building or even SWGE.........

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:drinking1

Disney execs love you! Not only do they not have to worry about you contributing to crowd control issues at GE, you spent hundreds more on your alternate activities. What a win- win for Disney. :rolleyes:

Disney execs love you! Not only do they not have to worry about you contributing to crowd control issues at GE, you spent hundreds more on your alternate activities. What a win- win for Disney. :rolleyes:

Being granted a nice chunk of pixie dust and an apology isn’t imo what I call a ‘win-win’ for Disney.

I made it very clear that I’ve come to play and they’ve recognized that in their pixie dusting. End result ? - I’m happy -

Being granted a nice chunk of pixie dust and an apology isn’t imo what I call a ‘win-win’ for Disney.

I made it very clear that I’ve come to play and they’ve recognized that in their pixie dusting. End result ? - I’m happy -
Other then you not wanting to wait for anything, I am not sure the point you are trying to make in your posts.

End Result? - No Clue -

Other then you not wanting to wait for anything, I am not sure the point you are trying to make in your posts.

End Result? - No Clue -

You have proved my point - some Disney park attendees like to waste on average 240 minutes waiting in various lines just to go experience a 15 minute attraction ride like the Millennium Falcon or any other attraction that the person doesn’t or can’t Fast pass.

while others choose to utilize their time more wisely. I am respectful of your choices - please be respectful of mine .

You have proved my point - some Disney park attendees like to waste on average 240 minutes waiting in various lines just to go experience a 15 minute attraction ride like the Millennium Fakcon

while others choose to utilize their time more wisely. I am respectful of your choices - please be respectful of mine .
I never mentioned anywhere that I plan on waiting at any point for Millennium Falcon. Nowhere in this thread have a I ever mentioned an acceptance of waiting extended periods of time to enter anything. In fact it has been the opposite, hence why I created this thread in the first place! LMAO! I wasn't about to wait in any line to enter SWGE, and it is why I was/am so adamant that they had some sort of reservation system.

But I appreciate your attempt at mind reading. :)

Thank you for clarifying the point (?) you were making though....... I think. :)

Last edited:
Unfortunately, We are stuck with this current way of seeing SWGE for about another 6 months is my best guess - and I hope DISney comes up with a better way for all of us to enjoy SWGE.

I personally like it, reservations or VQ trade off MUCH better then having to wait in crazy silly long lines...see below....

This does seem like it will work until the "newness" is gone a bit, who knows as Pandora seems to be still a bit crazy.....

Attachments

• Harry potter.jpg
    Harry potter.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 20
I personally like it, reservations or VQ trade off MUCH better then having to wait in crazy silly long lines...see below....

This does seem like it will work until the "newness" is gone a bit, who knows as Pandora seems to be still a bit crazy.....

I like it too! I think it will work great!

Having these types of experience reservations should result in a near zero wait time, and will essentially guarantee entry into the SWGE.

I am glad that Disney decided to do these reservations in addition to the Virtual Q as it should help. I will say (FWIW), I am still a little skeptical of how efficient the VQ system will work due to the terrible in-park WiFi that out-of-country guests may have to use...assuming they aren't paying for international data usage etc.

I suspect these reservations will be in place for a long time mostly due to the capacities at each location. Everything seems very small and intimate and not really designed for large/overcrowded groups of people.

Is the Virtual Q a certainty? I can’t find any information on it?

I don't think there is anything official, although I have read in a couple places it was being discussed.

I would hope it is all but a formality at this point.....hopefully.

Ok, so somehow your tour or party were pixie dusted? You didn’t mention that before, so I thought you spent extra money for them. But I am confused because GE isn’t even open yet. How would you be complaining & receiving pixie dust, an apology or compensation for something that hasn’t even occurred yet? I’m glad you’re happy but many of us spend lots of money & “come to play” too. We’d all like to know the tricks to getting extra pixie dust.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter