A Reservation Procedure/System Must Be In Place for Galaxy's Edge @ DHS

I do think substantial numbers of people were scared away by dark predictions of insane, capacity crowds. Also, a lot of California APs have been blocked out.

Who knows, maybe it won`t be too terrible at WDW either?
You can still get hotel rooms for opening week, cheaper than they were month ago.

Where? I’m seeing Rack Rate for that weekend
Looking for Aug 24 - Aug 31, you can get the All Stars for $112 (104 with AP) and Pop for $129 (119 with AP). I didn't look at just the weekend, though. I was surprised there was any availability at all, much less still sale prices available.

I keep checking my reservation for price changes a couple of weeks ago it was significantly more expensive than what I had reserved, now it is the same as I got when the AP discounts first came out.

Keep your fingers crossed for me, my FP day is July 9th and I'm just so worried about getting anything new at HS (family hasn't been to TSL yet) that I really hope that there's no problems when my ticket is up! My husband has gone from saying "we can skip GE on this trip and hit it next time" to talking about which color kyber crystals he wants to get on top of the base light saber, so obviously this has now become a huge priority in our family :).

It really wasn’t bad at all. SDD had availability for our trip. I think mornings were taken, but otherwise it was available. Idk what’s going on, but maybe people are skipping FP+ because of the new tiering and EEMH. I think you will have some luck though 🤞🏻

What an awful idea...a 6 night stay to get a reservation?
Well, 6 is admittedly high, but if they decided to put in a hotel reservation system like Disneyland, and you only needed to stay a single night to get a reservation, the slots would fill in no time. Galaxy's Edge is the same 14 acres at both Parks, but its Disneyland's 3 hotels compared to over 25 at Disney World. It's probably for that reason they're not going to implement a hotel based reservation system, but it was a thought.

Well, 6 is admittedly high, but if they decided to put in a hotel reservation system like Disneyland, and you only needed to stay a single night to get a reservation, the slots would fill in no time. Galaxy's Edge is the same 14 acres at both Parks, but its Disneyland's 3 hotels compared to over 25 at Disney World. It's probably for that reason they're not going to implement a hotel based reservation system, but it was a thought.

It shouldn`t be hotel based, it should be "first come, first served".

100% agree, again!

The WDW opening is going to be bigger than anything HS has ever seen before. There is so much shortsightedness in this thread, it is astounding.

It will be nothing like Pandora, Toy Story Land or anything Universal (Harry Potter) has.

Virtual Que? haha, Hollywood Studios will reach capacity 47 seconds after SWGE does (sarcasm), and then there will just be a full park of guests loitering around waiting to get in. This won't be comfortable, nor is it smart! *See August Heat* In before the counterpoint, the changing of the FP Tiers won't make a difference, hahaha, I can really see people clamouring to get in to all the stage shows instead...(sarcasm).

Also, I am not 100% sure, but isn't there only 2 entrances at HS for SWGE? If so, one of these access points is through Toy Story Land. TSL is already very small and cramped, I am sure there won't be any issues whatsoever with and extra influx of people trying to get in to SWGE (again....sarcasm).

Anyway, my 2 cents again, I can't wait to read others responses telling me how wrong I am and that a Virtual Que is the best and only way it will work. :)
The odd thing is as of right now almost end of July, I have no problem booking a week vacation starting September 1st-8th with new the fall discount and there are lots of Disney resorts available plus plenty of ADR’s. We literally just booked Dec. 16th-21st and we are weird people who do three TS a day and had no problem booking our ADR’s.

People shouldn’t have to line up at 4am while on vacation. Lots of ways to have a more efficient and pleasant system.

I agree. I don`t believe that it will be necessary to do that, unless you want to get into GE as soon as EEMH starts. A virtual queue system could work throughout the day, at least until the land has reached capacity for the day.

Reservations are now available for Savi's Workshop and Droid Depot for six monts from August 29 and onwards. You have to give a credit card number but will not pay until you get there. If you don't show up you lose the full amount but you can cancel up to one day prior. Link for booking is:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/shops/hollywood-studios/savis-workshop-handbuilt-lightsabers/ or droid-workshop/ instead of savis - etc.

or this one
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/activity-reservation/19277673;entityType=activity-product/search/

Last edited:
Secured a reservation for Droid Workshop on August 31/2019.

Wait wait wait....... so there are reservations? Not just the virtual queues for access? Hmmmmmm............

Hope everyone who wants to get a reservation gets one, it will be awesome!

Last edited:
Secured at reservation for Droid Workshop on August 31/2019.

Wait wait wait....... so there are reservations? Not just the virtual queues for access? Hmmmmmm............

Hope everyone who wants to get a reservation gets one, it will be awesome!

Whether or not the reservations are getting you into the land is still up in the air

Whether or not the reservations are getting you into the land is still up in the air

Yea, the people with reservations with get in, and to think otherwise quite silly.

If I (or anyone esle) are not able to show up for my reservation I am charged $100.00 ($200 for Savi's Lightsaber). Do you really think that Disney is going to offer this type of reservation system and then (based on your comment) say to each guest, "Good luck getting in with the virtual Q (or whatever it is), but if you don't, thanks for paying us for nothing!"

These reservations can be compared to dining reservations at lets say, Be Our Guest breakfast, before the park is open. I have an 8am reservation for the breakfast 1 hour before the park is open. Are they going to deny entry to the park.............................nope.

This is controlled entry to these experiences, not a free for all like so many on here thought there would be.

Yea, the people with reservations with get in, and to think otherwise quite silly.

If I (or anyone esle) are not able to show up for my reservation I am charged $100.00 ($200 for Savi's Lightsaber). Do you really think that Disney is going to offer this type of reservation system and then (based on your comment) say to each guest, "Good luck getting in with the virtual Q (or whatever it is), but if you don't, thanks for paying us for nothing!"

These reservations can be compared to dining reservations at lets say, Be Our Guest breakfast, before the park is open. I have an 8am reservation for the breakfast 1 hour before the park is open. Are they going to deny entry to the park.............................nope.

This is controlled entry to these experiences, not a free for all like so many on here thought there would be.

Well since everything is tracked through your magic band now, couldn't they just as easily say "We see you didn't make your reservation due the land being at capacity, therefore you won't be charged the fee". I'm sure there would be someone there willing to take the spot of whomever couldn't get in so it's not like they'd lose money. I'm hoping you're right since I have reservations now for two experiences on opening day, but until we see something official I don't want to get my hopes up too high.

Well since everything is tracked through your magic band now, couldn't they just as easily say "We see you didn't make your reservation due the land being at capacity, therefore you won't be charged the fee". I'm sure there would be someone there willing to take the spot of whomever couldn't get in so it's not like they'd lose money. I'm hoping you're right since I have reservations now for two experiences on opening day, but until we see something official I don't want to get my hopes up too high.

Well ignoring that fact I have an email confirming my reservation as well as proof, at the end of the day, these reservations act the exact same way as an ADR. The moment I don't show up at the reservation time (checkin scan the MB I assume) I'll be charged $100.00

Sorry to be blunt but this is just common sense. If Disney did not allow automatic entry and charged people for not showing up, imagine the PR nightmare that would happen.

This is just another crowd control measure Disney has used. And since the virtual Q is also being used (I didn't think they would use it originally) there won't be any lines to get in.

Well ignoring that fact I have an email confirming my reservation as well as proof, at the end of the day, these reservations act the exact same way as an ADR. The moment I don't show up at the reservation time (checkin scan the MB I assume) I'll be charged $100.00

Sorry to be blunt but this is just common sense. If Disney did not allow automatic entry and charged people for not showing up, imagine the PR nightmare that would happen.

This is just another crowd control measure Disney has used. And since the virtual Q is also being used (I didn't think they would use it originally) there won't be any lines to get in.

Like I said I hope that you're right as it would relieve a ton of my anxiety about going opening day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!