A Restful Spring Break? - A March/April 2024 Trip Report

The best part of the ride.... we got started and we were waiting and waiting what the song would be..... AND Conga came one!!!

Morgan instantly stated cheering about it and Andy started booing the song. It was pretty funny. And of course the ride was great.

And as a bonus Andy's back was fine.on the ride. Since it had the high backs and then they secure you in with the restraint you are pretty well supported. So, one rollercoaster down!
Yay! Getting Conga is hilarious. :) And so glad Andy's back was fine!
We tried to find the sword in the waterfall. I think it is pratically impossible to see anymore.
wait...there's a sword there?!
The Pretzel Bread was ok. It felt like it had been sitting a bit and when we had it a few years ago it was fresher and MUCH better. But we also split that 4 ways, so it was basically a bite for each of us.
aw bummer i was kind of excited for this. :( Sorry it wasn't good for you guys!
Parmentier de Canard A L’Orange: Pulled Duck Confit with Orange Sauce and Garlic-Rosemary Mashed Potatoes
Andy said this was just ok. It looked TERRBILE! The duck was suprisingly not that flavorful. The mashed potatoes were the star of the show.

Croissant au Fromage de Chèvre, Herbes et ail Rôtie: Croissant with Goat Cheese, Herbs and Roasted Garlic
I loved the Croissant!!! So good. I wish I had ordered 2! It mostly tasted like bousin cheese inside. So good.
Yay so glad the croissant was good! It looks so good.

At 12:43 we were ready to ride! (so a 45 minute wait once we got in line.

That is such a great ride photo!
..... AND Conga came one!!!
Yay for Morgan!!
And as a bonus Andy's back was fine.on the ride.
So glad to hear that, I hope that pattern continued throughout your trip!
I wanted the Floral Margarita: Cherry Liqueur, Mezcal, Hibiscus Tea and Lime Juice. It was delicious! I loved it.
I wanted to try the Floral Margarita too but never did after it took us forever to get the other margaritas.
The Radler was really good as well. I like sour beers and this was like a sour on training wheels.
I love sour beers too!

What a great day in Epcot. Love all the photos, snacks and drinks and it’s great you got some adult time too Makes a world of difference when kids grow up just enough to head off alone for a wee bit but are still young enough to fully enjoy the Easter egg hunt. Hope they got good prizes.
I adore YC. That walk to room from Epcot can’t be beat. My all time favourite resort bar none 😊

Happy Sunday Everyone!!!

A handful of you asked to see Morgan's Artwork she created for Andy for his birthday. She took all of the magic band photos we have taken over the years and made artwork as a gift.

Untitled Artwork

Untitled Artwork

We are going to print and frame to give to Andy on Tuesday!
Fantastic job Morgan! I think this is amazing and will make an awesome birthday present for Andy. So many happy memories right there ❤️

The best part of the ride.... we got started and we were waiting and waiting what the song would be..... AND Conga came one!!!

Morgan instantly stated cheering about it and Andy started booing the song. It was pretty funny.

YAY! I was hoping for Conga with your lead-in story! I’m thrilled Morgan “won” - and since Andy’s back survived, so did he!

Andy's Mom is from Sweden and she loves those thin ginger cookies.

As someone who ate those cookies all the time growing up (my dad’s side is 100% Scandinavian), I always smile when I see them in the Norway pavilion. :goodvibes

And the Carmel carrot cake whoopie pie was also amazing!!! We ended up not eating it tilll a few days later and it was still AMAZING!!

Thank you for bringing this whoopie pie to my attention! The original Carrot Cake Cookie was my FAVORITE snack during my last visits so I have to try this different version!

My DIS is acting all wonky and I lost my quotes!! Sounds like it was a perfect day of snacking and drinking! I love the hunts! I can't remember if you already shared, but what did the girls choose for their prizes??

So many good treats and some solo time even if it’s just a few minutes.
My girls are not super outgoing, so anytime we can encourage them to do things by themselves honestly is a win. But I do like that they still like to hang out with us as well. I know a lot of teens start to dread vacationing with there parents. So, it's a nice balance!

aw bummer i was kind of excited for this. :( Sorry it wasn't good for you guys!
I think that one is really hit or miss on how fresh it is. When you get it fresh it's great!!

wait...there's a sword there?!
According to Molly from YouTube! It's from the days of Malstrom... It's hidden in the nook behind the waterfall. I want to say, she said there wasn't always water there....

I wanted to try the Floral Margarita too but never did after it took us forever to get the other margaritas.
It was really good. But you can only have so many drinks and wait for so many drinks!

I love sour beers too!
I think we have very similar tastes in our adult beverages!

Love all the photos, snacks and drinks and it’s great you got some adult time too Makes a world of difference when kids grow up just enough to head off alone for a wee bit but are stil

My all time favourite resort bar none
Us too. We would stay there all the time if it wasn't so $$$$

Fantastic job Morgan! I think this is amazing and will make an awesome birthday present for Andy. So many happy memories right there
We need to get frames. I like the covid germs for 2020.

Following
Welcome!!!!

Thank you for bringing this whoopie pie to my attention! The original Carrot Cake Cookie was my FAVORITE snack during my last visits so I have to try this different version!
I think it rotates depending on the season... It's gingerbread around the holidays. Which is also AMAZING!!!!

I can't remember if you already shared, but what did the girls choose for their prizes??
I need to find them and take a picture. but they were charms, think pins but a charm.

Day One - First Park Day - What to do this Evening? Fireworks? Dessert?

I left us off, getting back to the room to relax. And relax we did!

I kept an eye on wait times at Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. I was originally hoping we would go to one of those parks to do a ILLs ride without paying. But all of the waits were not really going down. We talked about seeing Fantasmic but it was going to be tight to get back for our other plans for the evening.

So we decided to just go back to EPCOT to see the new nighttime show since we saw it from afar the night before. Which gave us more time to relax, which was much needed! No pictures as I literally think we all napped / watched tv / showered / just all around did nothing but chilled.

We finally headed back out around 8:20.
Heading back out by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr

Heading back into EPCOT
It was a nice and easy walk back into the park. It was nice and cool with the sun down for the evening.

We heard the band in England as we walked in, so we went back to listen to the band.
Band in England
The girls were not intrested in going back but Andy insisted.

And I am glad we went back! They were surprisingly good. We got to listen to 2 songs, and they closed with Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin and it was pretty killer.

Bonus was the little kid Mosh Pit. You can see them on the right hand side. The lead singer said right before the last song that he didn't expect a mosh pit tonight. It was hilarious!

After that, we just went and found a place to sit to wait.
Pontoon Boats waiting for Fireworks
We ended up on the Bridge towards France. We had to wait a good half hour - 45 minutes for the show. Gwen wanted to get her Remi and I was still hestiant to have her get it since it was so early in the trip. But I totally should have done it then.

I figured this spot couldn't be too bad, as this was where the pantoon boats were parked. It was getting windy and pretty chilly while waiting. but I think all of us brought sweatshirts thankfully!

Finally the show started!
Fireworks

Fireworks

Fireworks
We liked it enough.... It was a nice show. I am sure we will see it again but also not dyeing to see it again. The girls did like that they played some songs from less popular movies.

Once the fireworks were over, we left right away. We had a late reservation at Beaches and Cream to get to!

Headed to Beaches and Cream

Our reservation was for 9:30, and we made it with plenty of time! We checked in and were seated just a few minutes later.

The girls order just water and Andy and I order diet cokes.

I had made this reservation thinking we would just get ice cream but Gwen said she wanted the grilled cheese.

We were all tired and not that hungry. So, we ordered on the light side.

Gwen said she was getting her Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup no matter what.
Beaches and Cream Grilled Cheese
Beaches & Cream Grilled Cheese
with Creamy Tomato Soup

Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
Gwen was very happy with her selection. Morgan did dip some of her french fries in Gwen's soup.

Since Gwen was getting grilled cheese, Andy, Morgan and I decided to share, Fries & Onion Rings.
Onion Rings & Fries

We ordered 1 dessert for all of us. Our CM was very nice but I think he was a little annoyed that we didn’t really order much. I think he figured we would have ordered MORE desserts. but those sundaes are big!

We decided on the SNICKERS® Sundae
Three-Scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream smothered in Hot Fudge, Marshmallow topping, and SNICKERS® bar pieces topped with Whipped Cream, Chopped Peanuts, and a Cherry
SNICKERS® Sundae by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr
We asked for Chocolate Ice Cream instead of Vanilla which was no problem.

But when we ordered just 1 ice cream, he was kind of like “That’s it”

Cheers to Dessert
Ice Cream Cheers!

There was a number of people getting the kitchen sink, which was fun. One table got 2 kitchen sinks and a sundae! for 4 people!! They did have 2 large teen boys and I felt like there might have been a family throw down going on.

He also had a couple sit down next to us, he gave them waters, they looked at the menu and left. The poor CM just shook his head when he noticed.

We enjoyed our dessert and gave the CM a nice tip. He was a good server but def seemed like he was having a rough night.

We headed back to our room around 10:45. It was really nice to be right there and not needing to take a bus back soemwhere!

We all headed to bed.

--------------------------------------Up next.... A Rest Day! Already?!?! ---------------------------------------
Untitled

I'm here and following along! It sounds like your trip has been going great so far. All the windows in your room! Looked amazing.
Glad that Guardians didn't hurt Andy's back and how funny you ended up with Conga.

We liked it enough.... It was a nice show. I am sure we will see it again but also not dyeing to see it again. The girls did like that they played some songs from less popular movies.
I felt similar! I was glad we saw it but wouldn’t necessarily go out of my way to watch it every time.
We ordered 1 dessert for all of us. Our CM was very nice but I think he was a little annoyed that we didn’t really order much. I think he figured we would have ordered MORE desserts. but those sundaes are big!
That seems like a decent order for a 9:30pm reservation! The food looks great and so nice it was a convenient location for a relaxing evening!

Viewing Luminous sounds like the right call! I’m not sure if we’ll catch it or not - my priority is HEA and Fantasmic, but we have a chance considering our short walk from the BCV.

I think that was a good order from B&C at 9:30pm! Who orders a huge (greasy) meal near 10:00?! Also, I agree that those ice creams are HUGE - I don’t think we’ll order more than one either! I’m glad you enjoyed your time there nonetheless.

We were all tired and not that hungry. So, we ordered on the light side.

Gwen said she was getting her Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup no matter what.
oooh that looks so good! I love Grilled Cheese. :)
We headed back to our room around 10:45. It was really nice to be right there and not needing to take a bus back soemwhere!
isn't that the best? Love being able to just go right back to the room without needing a bus or anything. :)

I'm here and following along! It sounds like your trip has been going great so far. All the windows in your room! Looked amazing.
YEAH! Glad you are here!!! The room was amazing! I will be requesting that room again!

That seems like a decent order for a 9:30pm reservation! The food looks great and so nice it was a convenient location for a relaxing evening!
Right? You would be surprised..

Who orders a huge (greasy) meal near 10:00
There was a decent amount of people getting full meals at that time of night!

isn't that the best? Love being able to just go right back to the room without needing a bus or anything.
It was the best. We took advantage of what hotel we were at a bunch of times this trip.

Poor waiter. He was having a rough night. BUT...not cool to show any kind of reaction to a family getting 1 sundae. Those things are HUGE. I understand you work for tips but having a visible reaction to what I am ordering is actually going to impact your tip.
Yeah, he was def not having a good night. We let it slide. Cause we weren't ordering more! Ha.

I thought most people who had late night ADR at B&C Go to order only ice cream. He may have just been having a bad day or a bad tip day. Either way I’m glad it didn’t ruin your snack or the ending to your day!

Jumping in to read along :) . I'm enjoying your trip report! We are planning a trip for March 2025 and plan to stay at the Boardwalk, so I like reading how things went for you this year around that time. I love the pace you kept at Epcot! I can hardly wait to get back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter