A Salute to all things Disney, but mostly Magic Bars; a July 4th 2019 TR*update 11/28 new TR link!

Just.....you know, not MY way lol.
Makes me think of the line in HM.
"There's always my way..."
But seriously, days away from being cleared after 1 year, 10 months, and 6 days of ACL recovery and now a freakin' swollen foot? *** man??
:sad2:

I keep telling people. "Don't have kids!"
No one listens. Not even me.
That looks like fun!
We did have to wait about 20 minutes past our ADR time which was weird, the restaurant was only about a quarter full.
That is weird... short on staff, I guess? :confused3
Bay Lake Bloody Mary
St. Augustine Florida Cane Vodka and Bloody Mary mix garnished with Chorizo, Cheddar, and Olives
While it sounded good...
It didn't have any tomato taste but tasted......chemically?
that is definitely not.
The food wasn't as good as we'd remembered it either.
Well... poop.
My waffles were burned if you can't tell
No, but... that's pretty inexcusable. You burn them, you toss them and start over. Better to make people wait a little bit, than serve burnt food.
That raspberry pastry though was awesome!
Thank goodness, something was good!
They had them at the HS EMH we did last year and I may have eaten 1 or 6.
:lmao:
It had to do with what we were planning for AFTER breakfast that had him scared sh*$less.

What was THAT you ask?
Yes! What!?
Yes, we rented SeaRaycers!
Cool! I've wanted to do this for years!
nobody else was ever onboard (onboard; searaycers; boats lol).
:laughing:
and got our crash lesson in driving these thangs
OMG! They teach you to crash!?!?!?
the other was driven by none other than the one with the 3 month old driver's license:
"And I don't know if they fixed the dent in the dock, yet."
But he was SO paranoid about being on the water he said he could barely eat
Why? Fear of water?
Look what I could see :love:
Trees. Water. Check.

:rolleyes:
Get ready guys, here's a look at what we saw:
Thanks for that! You got to see a lot!
going under the monorail!
Too cool!
Hello old Discovery Island :(
Could you see any of the old infrastructure?
You only need to be 12 to drive a boat by yourself but they were so small and looked so scared lol!
Aww. poor kids.

That looks like so much fun!!! Love all the pics you took!
Thank you! Besides being fun the scenery is the other best part of doing this :thumbsup2
Sounds like a perfect morning with the boys! Sorry breakfast wasn't good.
It was definitely a really good one! Yeah, it's always a bit disappointing when a previously good meal/restaurant down there isn't good the next time. I'll try it again sometime in the future I'm sure because it wasn't terrible; except the bloody mary. That WAS terrible
what a fun and different activity to do at Disney. The Sea Racers look like a good time and it is cool to see all the resorts.
I always try to do at least one new thing when the boys are with us so they'll agree to occasionally come back with us lol! And yes it was super fun, you and Andi should try it :)
Bummer about the Bloody Mary!
OMG so not good. I'll stick to the one at the Refreshment Port lol
I am mostly a lurker here but I just had to leave a quick comment....Way back before Stephen King was a hugely famous writer, he taught English at my mom's high school! My aunt & uncle had him as a teacher but he quit the year before my mom would have had him. He still lives in Bangor, ME and the last time I was there visiting my mom, I saw him walking down the street when I was coming out of the Whoopie Pie Cafe...and HE SAID HI TO ME!!!! I was all excited!! LOL back to reading the TR!! Loving it so far :-D
OK first of all hello and :welcome:, glad your'e enjoying my report! But now the important stuff OMG! That's incredible!!!! I've heard he's very friendly at home,acts like a "regular" person lol. What a great story your aunt and uncle have to tell! I did shake his hand at Vassar but I was such a dork which is how I get whenever I'm around anyone famous :crazy: He was walking up a hill and I was waiting for him like a stalker. I stuck my hand out and shouted "Mr. King Mr. King!!" and he shook it and said thank you so then I said "no thank YOU!!!" Loser lol
Aw that will be such a magical trip!
I never usually keep track of how many days I have until my trips but this is one countdown I definitely want to be aware of :goodvibes
Aw I wonder why they got rid of Forky. I love him!
I don't know but I was so sad! I was also surprised with the lack of Forky merch but now my friends @MeghanEmily informed me there should be a Forky plush in Epcot so I'll be searching that out next week!
We've done them in MK when you could just stay on BTMRR as many times as you wanted and other times there's a 10 minute wait. I don't like that!
I am seriously hoping our MK AH in January is as awesome as the MK one I did in May...if it is I'll try AK at some point but if it sucks I'm probably done with AH
Those little boats are so fun!!! Joe and I did them with the boys years ago at the Poly. But the boys did them again this past August and had a blast. I think it's a good escape from the parks.
I agree! Something to do for a park break that you can't do other places
I see what you did there :laughing: What a neat experience! I'd never considered doing a sea racer but that looked like SO much fun! And the views you must have seen had to have been unbelievable! :wizard:
It can be hard to take that park time away lol but the boys have always liked doing something outside the parks whether it be Disney Quest years ago, bowling, etc. And it's nice for them to continue having new things to try :goodvibes The views were awesome!

One week to go until my "work" trip to Disney :mickeyjum I'm getting excited for the most part; I mean, I'll be in Disney! Just.....you know, not MY way lol.

You'll still have fun! How could you not?!

It also helped since Ricky's foot had swelled up a bit :rolleyes: Not that I was annoyed - well I kind of was, this was now the 3rd trip in a row with the kids that he had an appendage problem - although we knew about the first 2 going in so I can't really count them. But seriously, days away from being cleared after 1 year, 10 months, and 6 days of ACL recovery and now a freakin' swollen foot? *** man??

Oh, no! Did you ever find out what that was all about?

Anyhow we had a breakfast booked at the Wave for 10:30. Steve and I were ready before the kids and decided to walk outside around the grounds a bit:

I think that's new? I've stayed here many times and have never seen it. It looks kind of fun, though. The also have ping pong tables in the back there and one of my favorite memories was taking the boat back from Hoop Dee Doo and decided to stay there and play ping pong instead of going back to the MK.

You can't be out here and not do this:

Of course, not! Cute pic :goodvibes

This was NOT GOOD. Not as gross as my chicken dish at Maya Grill but still on the gross scale. I'm somewhat new to Bloody Mary's as I've only been ordering them for about 18 months, but I know what I like and this wasn't it! It didn't have any tomato taste but tasted......chemically?

Oh, no! That's too bad. I've heard so many good reviews about the Wave but I've never been. Nothing about it excited me, and I guess I'll just keep skipping it based on your review.

Something we'd never done before!

Fun!

It was very easy and quick. We filled out a form, paid - and got an AP discount - and got our crash lesson in driving these thangs! As you see Steve drove one and then the other was driven by none other than the one with the 3 month old driver's license:

rickymesr.jpg

:rotfl:

That's Chris and Steve ahead; going under the monorail!

So cool! If only they had waited for the monorail to go by for your pic!

We stayed out about 45 minutes. It was kind of hard to signal to Chris and Steve when we were ready to go in because those things are kind of loud and when you go fast you have water spraying in your face. We just had so much fun together! Loved seeing so much from a different view even though you can see most of it from any watercraft; it's a different perspective. This also was good for Ricky's foot so he could rest it for later.

Those look like a blast!

I wanted a picture of my teenage boys here, one in each ear................you can imagine how that suggestion went over later.
Great picture. But where is the one with the boys? I just know they would have been all over this

This was NOT GOOD. Not as gross as my chicken dish at Maya Grill but still on the gross scale. I'm somewhat new to Bloody Mary's as I've only been ordering them for about 18 months, but I know what I like and this wasn't it! It didn't have any tomato taste but tasted......chemically? And not in a good morning alcohol way. Last time we were here they still had bottomless mimosas which I partook of. After a few sips of this I went with soda instead.
Bloody Yuck!!!! That does not sound good at all. I usually like the one there, but I think it has chipotle flavor in in. Maybe the smokiness from that was the chemical taste :confused3

The food wasn't as good as we'd remembered it either. Something I'd loved was the yogurt parfaits that included non healthy bits and pieces like chocolate drops and such and the variety they had wasn't there now. The eggs weren't as good and Steve didn't like the sweet potato pancakes this go'round.
Oh man, double disappointment. We always enjoy The Wave. Really weird you had to wait so long with no one in there

Yes, we rented SeaRaycers! I'd wanted to do this for awhile now but nobody else was ever onboard (onboard; searaycers; boats lol).
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:I'm guessing Ricky was worried he'd end up off board🐊

rickymesr.jpg

He did great! But he was SO paranoid about being on the water he said he could barely eat :charac2: and I was afraid he'd freak out on the water and we were going to have to switch places Luckily neither happened and after about 8 minutes out there he was totally comfy!
Love this picture. Casey would totally love to do this!

We just had so much fun together! Loved seeing so much from a different view even though you can see most of it from any watercraft; it's a different perspective. This also was good for Ricky's foot so he could rest it for later.
What a fun way to spend the afternoon doing something so different. Will definitely have to do this sometime.

One week to go until my "work" trip to Disney :mickeyjum

Coming up fast! You're only a few days away now!

Too bad it looks better than it tasted! :(

This was so much more fun than we thought it would be! There are 2 speeds slow and faster lol. Ricky quickly got comfortable with the faster speed. We went ALL over, as you'll see in my next picture overload post!

I"m so glad the boys liked it! And gave his foot a rest. Sounds like it really needed it.

We made it back to the CR and successfully docked our boats. We all kept saying we'll definitely do this again! It's hard to take time away from the parks but it was so worth it to do this.
I could totally see myself doing this! How fun!

One week to go until my "work" trip to Disney :mickeyjum

Even less now! Yay!

I wanted a picture of my teenage boys here, one in each ear................you can imagine how that suggestion went over later.

:rotfl:

This was NOT GOOD. Not as gross as my chicken dish at Maya Grill but still on the gross scale.

That's disappointing.

The food wasn't as good as we'd remembered it either. Something I'd loved was the yogurt parfaits that included non healthy bits and pieces like chocolate drops and such and the variety they had wasn't there now. The eggs weren't as good and Steve didn't like the sweet potato pancakes this go'round.

That's really too bad! The food was pretty good the one time we went here, but we haven't been back since. After your review, I might hesitate to book it again.

Yes, we rented SeaRaycers! I'd wanted to do this for awhile now but nobody else was ever onboard (onboard; searaycers; boats lol). This time in an effort to introduce something new into our trip to keep the boys maybe wanting to come back I played this up, especially since we were staying somewhere we could rent them from.

Yay! So fun! Nathan and I had so much fun with these on our first anniversary trip (me, especially!) that we did it again on our most recent second anniversary trip! The only thing Nathan didn't like was that my boat went faster than his both times. I think the weight in the boat has something to do with it since I'm smaller than he is. You got to see a lot out there!

He did great! But he was SO paranoid about being on the water he said he could barely eat :charac2: and I was afraid he'd freak out on the water and we were going to have to switch places

Poor Ricky! Glad he settled in quickly. It's a little intimidating if you haven't done it before. But there are always the water patrol people to help if you have an issue. I wasn't nearly as nervous as Ricky, but the only thing that still makes me wig out a little is when the ferries and things go by. I worry about not being able to get out of their way.

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend! Yesterday we had a college open house at SUNY Albany for Ricky and it's actually the first out of 6 colleges we've visited that he does NOT like. Too bad because the engineering program is really good (he's looking at electrical or biomedical) and it's only 90 minutes from us as opposed to his current 1st choice that's 3 hours away :( I definitely want him to go away if he wants and I would never stop him but I have recently realized I want him as close-far-away as possible lol.

Today the family came to celebrate Chris's 14th birthday which is Tuesday! I leave Wed. hence the early celebration. Speaking of going away do you all mind if I do a quick PTR type update of my 4 day away Disney non vacation
🎆 OK thanks!

I feel kind of lucky to be going to Disney for work and not just a conference where we're staying at a Disney resort for our meetings a la CSR! I think you all probably know what I do for "work"
✈ ⛴ 🏝 :smickey: What you may not know is that we get offered FAM" trips, short for "familiarization" trips on which we get to go to different vacation destinations to learn about what they offer so we can better serve clients! Now none of us here including me really need to become familiar with WDW but who am I to pass up a trip to my favorite place??

While I've toured some ships and done a couple Universal FAM's this is the first WDW one that's been offered since I started with the agency so I'm looking forward to it but also a bit......apprehensive? As it won't be my typical trip and with one or two exceptions I have no say in the plans. Let's take a look at those plans!

WEDNESDAY OCT. 23RD: travel day

I'll be flying out at the bright and early time of 7:30 am so I'll be up around 4:45. My work wife Cathy will be flying with me:

This is Us (great show) last year when she was able to visit Steve and I in the ROY DISNEY SUITE. Sorry needed to be said :wave: I got really lucky when I joined the agency as Cathy and I were sent to Universal together 4 months later and she lives less than an hour from me; we've become really great friends. We're rooming together this trip and our first 4 nights will be at my home away from home, WL! It's the first time cathy is staying there and I can't wait to show her around. Don't think we'll have much time to do that when we arrive though before we need to be somewhere. and I know I'll have to grab something to eat, probably at Roaring Fork unless we have time for GP. Here's the arrival day itinerary:

Welcome Reception
Arrivals to begin at 1:15
AGENTS MUST ARRIVE BY 1:30
Grand Lobby of Contemporary Convention Center
4-8 resort touring

8pm: Dinner

I know they'll have food at the welcome reception and where there's food, I'm good! Not sure what resorts we're touring tonight but I'm guessing it might be the monorail ones or at least the CR since we'll be there.
Here's the downside to our arrival day: WE HAVE NOT BEEN TOLD ANYWHERE WE'RE EATING :mad::headache:The dining plan is included with our stay which to be honest I'm not thrilled about since we never get it and it doesn't fit how we eat, but not much I can do. When I'm not at a TS I much rather eat at a lounge than QS. We also aren't doing any parks as part of our FAM so wherever we're eating will be in DS or the resorts. While these locations include some really great restaurants I also know we won't be doing signatures so I'm a tad worried we'll be eating somewhere I don't like lol. Because it's all about me, ya know?
I think as long as it isn't Chef Mickey's or 1900 Park Fare dinner I'll manage. I've also told myself I will NOT eat at Story Book dining just because of what that did to Artist Point but I have a suspicion we might be doing just that............................................. regardless of where we eat you need not look any further than my avatar to see what I'll be having before I retire for the night! I'll be exhausted from being up so early so no late night fun tonight. We also have to be up early on the 24th to get started:

10/24
7:30am pickups outside of your resort hotel.
8am-5pm: Offsite Resort Tours- Disney Springs Resorts

MNSSHP- we are going as 101 Dalmatians! Be sure to get your t shirt and wear black bottoms!

This early start means a magic bar breakfast for sure! As tired as I know I'll be from the start I'm excited to tour these resorts since I've never stayed in one. Here I'm guessing we'll be eating at DS for lunch possibly? I really hate not knowing! Of course if we do go to DS my preference would be

JOCK'S! But, no dining plan. I have no qualms NOT using my credits but I don't know that anyone will want to join me and also don't know if we'll be relegated to certain QS spots. Cross your fingers for me I can get a monkey and some queso today!

As you saw we also get to go to MNSSHP! As my former favorite thing in the World and still the occasion of my favorite parade I'm happy about this. Note though that we will not be entering at 4 because, you know, work. Also not sure what the dinner situation will be but I told Cathy some dinner will be had before I enter the party! We were also told we may not go back to our resorts in between the resort tours and the party so.....up in the air. If we can go back I'll see about grabbing something at GP; if we go right to the party I'm going to see if there's any way Cathy and I can run (well, monorail it) to the Poly so I can introduce her to my little friends at Capt Cook's:

If you have never made their acquaintance you are sorely missing out and I urge you to book a trip NOW and hightail it to the Poly upon arrival so you can get these in your tummy:

Pulled Pork Nachos
Topped with Cheese, Spicy Mayonnaise, Pico de Gallo, and Pineapple Salsa

If these or my magic bar are ever removed from their respective locations I shall riot.

I don't have high hopes for the party since we probably won't get there until 7 give or take AND it's sold out so I'm leaving it up to Cathy as far as what we do. My 2 definites are the parade and visiting Madame Carlotta while she chills on the bench outside HM and I'd like to see the Cadaver Dans perform. I also want to warn @lvcourtneyy in case we run in to each other at the party that I am not in control of my outfit this evening so please excuse the ill fitting and not attractive shirt I have to wear:

There are 101 or 102 of us going; can you guess what we're going as? Those that can handle a regular t shirt have red collars around the neck but the necks on those types of t shirts make me feel like I'm choking to death so I requested the V neck. And got a mens really heavy undershirt :sad2: It looks bad and will NOT keep me cool! I still haven't decided if I'm cutting the sleeves off before I go or not.......as of now it's going to be mid 80's that day and that's not cotton t shirt wearing weather!

10/25
9am-3pm Classroom Training
Lunch provided by Disney
4pm: Dinner

7-9pm Resort tours

I believe training will once again be in the Contemporary and while this will probably sound like the most boring part of the trip it should be cool! We'll be updated with lots of ABD info as well as other Disney destinations. Dinner? See above :scared:

Pretty sure the evening tours will be more Disney ones! I've stayed at all resorts except 2 so I'm hoping to learn some interesting info. about the resorts I've been to. If we're done by 9 and back to the lodge by say 9:30 I plan to take Cathy to either GP or Territory Lounge because again, she's never been to either! And I've promised her that if we don't like dinner there are lots of awesome food options at both. I'd love to have the cheesy BBQ brisket that @Jenny Sanders turned me on to in May and a stay at the WL isn't complete with what I like to call "For the Love of Kari" mushroom soup @kastoney

If I'm being completely honest and hey, why not, besides just loving the Lodge my reasoning for staying here when it was offered is due to the food. I love Disney food and I don't doubt I'll eat things I love next week. But if you read my reviews the last 2 years of my Universal work trips you know that the food we've been served there and the restaurants we've eaten at were bottom line not good to inedible even. That is why I fear for my food options here this time and wanted to be prepared. After all I was a girl scout years ago 👧

This brings us to 10/26 and our last full day of our "official" FAM time:

On Site Resort Tours to begin at 9am
5:00 Dinner

Lunch by Disney I presume? Back to Universal,👎 it's never been a good thing when a meal is on them lol so once again cross your fingers for me here!
As far as resorts go I mentioned before that there are only 2 I haven't stayed at; actually 3 but one of those is AS Music and since I've been to Sports and Movies I consider my Music stay completed too. Of the other 2 resorts one is Caribbean Beach and Cathy and I will be moving over there tomorrow! So my question is
-

Any guess as to which resort it is I will have NOT stayed at after CBR?

I don't know and we haven't been told if we'll be "free" after dinner or not so we have no plans. Some agents are thinking of doing AH at AK and while that's the only one I haven't done yet I don't think Cathy and I will join them. I think if we're done and on our own we'll either hit DS or maybe head to a park depending on the time as MK, HS and Epcot are all open until 10. Or..........there's always GP and TL!

10/27

Today is the official end to our FAM! Lots of agents will be going home or continuing to stay at Disney; some with family coming in. Others of us are staying together and going to Port Canaveral to tour the Disney Fantasy while she's docked.

DCL SHIP TOUR
8:30am pick up at resort
1:00 Lunch provided on Ship
4:00 return to resort

fantasy1.jpg

eg.jpg

I have never been on the Fantasy so I'm looking forward to this! And lunch too because when I toured the Disney Magic the lunch they served was delicious :goodvibes

We are supposed to be back to our resorts by 4 and while some agents are leaving Cathy and I had originally decided to stay the night and leave the next morning. Since we finally have a free night we have FP's at AK and will probably use my Landry's card to eat at Yak and Yeti which will be new to Cathy. I also took her to Tiffin's for the first time last year and also introduced her to both the avocado margarita and the grey goose slush in France and I have to say I love showing her all the things I love!

So I said we had originally planned to leave on the 28th; that was until our agency owner announced she had 2 VIP tours to fill with any agents who could stay through that day! When I heard this I told Cathy I'd be da*****ed if I was going to miss out on a FREE VIP tour twice in the same year because if you remember I had the chance to do one back in May on our EPIC Girls' Trip but missed it by a few hours :headache: We did have to win a daily contest for a spot since their were only 19 and there were quite a few agents willing to stay longer to do this. Cathy won the 2nd day and my win was strung out until the 17th day! The one negative here is that other than the tour being 12-6 and ending in Epcot we don't know any other details. I do know Cathy and I will watch Epcot Forever and since we have the morning free we're doing a late breakfast here:

I had dinner here last Nov. with the family and while the apps were good none of us liked the entrees. Breakfast though sounds good and again Cathy has never been here. We'll be at CBR at this point so we'll probably just Uber. I can tell you with 100% certainly what we will not be doing, we will not be flying by skyliner to the IG and walking to breakfast 🛸

I also think once the tour is done that "dinner" will be F&W booths and that's fine with me! There are a few things I didn't get to try last month plus a couple favorites I'd like to revisit. And then come 8:15ish in the morning on the 29th we shall depart.

As an aside this will be the longest I'll be away from not only the boys but Steve too and that has me feeling a little 👎 On the other hand maybe it'll make the boys seriously miss me and listen a bit better when I get home??? Anyway besides not having control over my food :crazy: that's the only thing bothering me and overall I think it's going to be a great trip! I plan on doing a TR for this trip since I didn't do ones for our August and Sept. trips plus this one will have some different things going on I think it'll be interesting to write about. Not sure I'll get another July update done before I leave, thanks for letting me interrupt July AGAIN!

I keep telling people. "Don't have kids!"
No one listens. Not even me.
But it's such good advice you've convinced me to sell mine!

We can do that, right?
That looks like fun!
SO fun! You should put it on your list for next trip ✍
Thank goodness, something was good!
Leave it to fake fruit filled carbs, they never disappoint!
Cool! I've wanted to do this for years!
Refer to that list :thumbsup2
OMG! They teach you to crash!?!?!?
Well only if you're an AP holder, it's one of the perks...............:goodvibes
Could you see any of the old infrastructure?
Sadly no, you really can't see anything of it at all and I think most people wouldn't even know what it was
Oh, no! Did you ever find out what that was all about?
We did! Basically just overuse from getting back into all his working out/activity prior to the trip; the walking totally exacerbated it. He refrained from activity for about 2 weeks when we got back and all was well.
I think that's new? I've stayed here many times and have never seen it. It looks kind of fun, though. The also have ping pong tables in the back there and one of my favorite memories was taking the boat back from Hoop Dee Doo and decided to stay there and play ping pong instead of going back to the MK.
Could be! We stopped to play corn hole once at the BW on our walk over to HS and it as lots of fun :goodvibes
Those look like a blast!
You and Mike should try them and I bet the kids would enjoy them too!
Great picture. But where is the one with the boys? I just know they would have been all over this
You know as soon as I started taking pictures they were like, vogue-posing and I just couldn't get them to stand still long enough for pics! And that's the truth...............
Bloody Yuck!!!! That does not sound good at all. I usually like the one there, but I think it has chipotle flavor in in. Maybe the smokiness from that was the chemical taste :confused3
That could be it; it really sucked and was a waste of adult beverage stomach space
Oh man, double disappointment. We always enjoy The Wave. Really weird you had to wait so long with no one in there
We were disappointed too since our first visit was so good!:rotfl:
I'm guessing Ricky was worried he'd end up off board🐊
:rotfl:bingo!
Love this picture. Casey would totally love to do this!
I think it would be perfect for you guys and it doesn't require an early morning wake up either:goodvibes
I"m so glad the boys liked it! And gave his foot a rest. Sounds like it really needed it.
He did so it worked out perfectly :goodvibes
I could totally see myself doing this! How fun!
I can see you doing it and enjoying it also!
That's really too bad! The food was pretty good the one time we went here, but we haven't been back since. After your review, I might hesitate to book it again.
It was so good when Steve and I went and that's why we took the boys :( Then they look at us like "why did you bring us here????"
The only thing Nathan didn't like was that my boat went faster than his both times. I think the weight in the boat has something to do with it since I'm smaller than he is. You got to see a lot out there!
I do believe that's the case regarding the weight lol! You do see a lot and even though many of those areas you can see when you're riding a water craft between the resorts and MK it's a different perspective on the sea raycers.

Still sad that I'll miss you since I am practically RIGHT across the street from you and have Nothing to do on Wednesday. Maybe I'll head over to the WL anyway that day since I told DH I want to eat at Roaring Fork one day this week.

I'm sorry you are mad about Artist Point but I must say we had dinner there tonight and really liked it. :)

Have a great trip!

I can almost feel your tension over not knowing where you're eating through my computer screen from here! I'm nervous for you on that front! But hopefully it goes well. Otherwise, it's very exciting that you'll be back in Disney so soon! And I can't wait to hear about your free VIP tour!

Wow that seems like a bit of a disappointing meal at the wave! I feel like it usually gets pretty god reviews. We went for dinner once and enjoyed it.

I love bloody Mary’s but a bad one is the worst! I won’t be ordering one here!

Your trip next week sound pretty fun, I know it’s mostly for work, but there are way worse places you could be for a work trip! At least you’ll get some park time in and hopefully some good meals! So frustrating you don’t know here your eating but here’s to hoping it’s all good!

Ill be there next week, but doesn’t look like I’ll run into you, unless your tour the Waldorf when I happen to be hanging around!

Have a great trip!

I think your trip sounds super fun, especially getting to tour the Fantasy! Even though I spent a whole week on her in April, I would love to go walk around, even for a tour!

Don't worry about the food. I'm sure it won't be all bad and even if it is, you have your trusty WL where you have plenty of great food options!

Have fun!

A work trip touring around Disney?! Can I work with you? :goodvibes

Really, it all sounds like great fun. I understand your angst of not knowing where you're eating (the Disney planning gene is strong!), but I'm sure you'll get many hits even if there are a few misses. It's also a bummer about your MNNSHP costume - I agree the shirt doesn't look the best. I'm sure you'll find a way to make it work!

Have a great time! I look forward to hearing all about everything you see!

I'd love to have the cheesy BBQ brisket that @Jenny Sanders turned me on to in May
I know, right!!!!! Soooo good!!!! Why do you think I suggested GP before MK DAH in January!!!! :rotfl2:

Your trip sounds busy but in a good way. The dining plans not that bad, you will be able to find something you like at each restaurant (hopefully).
Enjoy the VIP tour!!!!! Here's hoping for SDD and FOP!
Can't wait to hear all about it!!!! Have fun!!!:love2:

Our granddaughter came over today - just her she drove ;)
:rotfl2:
Anyway while they were here they booked their very first Disney vacation!! Not only is it Hayden's but my DIL Candace's first trip:goodvibes And of course Steve and I are going! It's not until next September but I already gave Candace a list of restaurants to check out, we know what parks we're doing and how many days in each park.
And best of all we're staying at my #1 absolute favorite Disney resort of all time, the Wilderness Lodge 💕💕💕💕 Now I just have to count down the days!!!
Wahoo!! Seriously, how fun! I only hope I am able to enjoy Disney with my grandchildren one day!
And he looks like he's having fun! Or maybe bored by it all? But not as bored as Ricky is with his "I'm on a really fun ride" face that comes with every PP ride pic he's in lol.
:rotfl2:
This FP was for Chris for a ride we don't do that often, Kali River Rapids.
Ok, so I digress but I have talked about not being interested in this ride often with Chad. He agreed. So now, all of a sudden he wants to know why we have never ridden it before. *rolls eyes* So I guess it will be on the list for the future. Blah.
I had to settle for an oldie but a goodie:

That looks so yummy right now. But I fully admit, while the idea of the seet treats seems so good to me, I end up craving more of the savory. I didn't used t be this way but the last few years has changed things for me. Luckily, Disney offers both.
You gotta see what Chris got:

Hand-cut Rib-Eye
24-oz Aged Bone-In Rib-Eye Grilled and served with Poblano Gratin Potatoes, Esquites and Seasonal Vegetables sauced with a Guajillo Butter
BEFORE:

and AFTER:

There's even a few less veggies! Needless to say he thought this was the bomb and said we can return whenever we want.
Guess it was good!

I feel kind of lucky to be going to Disney for work and not just a conference where we're staying at a Disney resort for our meetings a la CSR! I think you all probably know what I do for "work"
That is lucky, although reading through your plans, not the most "fun" trip....

Too bad because the engineering program is really good (he's looking at electrical or biomedical) and it's only 90 minutes from us as opposed to his current 1st choice that's 3 hours away :(
Which is at the top right now? Too bad about SUNY too, I think it is technically a Syracuse University degree and a MUCH less $$$$ cost.

I think as long as it isn't Chef Mickey's or 1900 Park Fare dinner I'll manage. I've also told myself I will NOT eat at Story Book dining just because of what that did to Artist Point but I have a suspicion we might be doing just that...
I have to think Storybook Dinning is on that list. But you never know.... They don't really need to promo that restaurant right now.

Yesterday we had a college open house at SUNY Albany for Ricky and it's actually the first out of 6 colleges we've visited that he does NOT like. Too bad because the engineering program is really good
What about it didn't he like?
I have recently realized I want him as close-far-away as possible lol.
:laughing:

:hug:
Today the family came to celebrate Chris's 14th birthday which is Tuesday!
Happy birthday, Chris!
What you may not know is that we get offered FAM" trips, short for "familiarization" trips on which we get to go to different vacation destinations to learn about what they offer so we can better serve clients!
::yes:: I actually assumed you did.
Now none of us here including me really need to become familiar with WDW but who am I to pass up a trip to my favorite place??
shh!!! Not so loud or someone will hear you!
MNSSHP- we are going as 101 Dalmatians! Be sure to get your t shirt and wear black bottoms!
That's actually a cute idea. :)
I am not in control of my outfit this evening so please excuse the ill fitting and not attractive shirt I have to wear:
But... oh well.
Still want photos. :)
But it's such good advice you've convinced me to sell mine!

We can do that, right?
I see no reason why not.
SO fun! You should put it on your list for next trip ✍
Maybe I should!
Refer to that list :thumbsup2
That one is already on it. :)
Well only if you're an AP holder, it's one of the perks...............:goodvibes
:lmao:
Sadly no, you really can't see anything of it at all and I think most people wouldn't even know what it was
Well... poop.

Have a fun trip! (Even if it is work related.)

Have fun on your work trip. Hopefully the meals will all work out. You can always stash a few Magic Bars in your bag for emergencies.:)

Job perks that include trips to WDW are probably the best kind of perks there are!

I felt super weird about enjoying our May trip minus Rob and Jimmy, so I get what you mean about being away from your boys. Hopefully you'll be too busy having fun to feel bad about it for long :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter