A Salute to all things Disney, but mostly Magic Bars; a July 4th 2019 TR*update 11/28 new TR link!

Tough guys cry AND wear pink!
No.
Tough guys do not cry and never wear pink.
Strong men who are secure and comfortable with their own selves cry and wear pink.
But I do have to add that through all his surgeries he barely cried at all. However he did get tears in his eyes when he met his niece and nephew for the first time.
Awwwww!!!
Well in truth the lions/tigers/all big cats are my true favorites but for some reason I like the Okapi almost as much! I think they're pretty and you don't see them all that much so................
You have varied tastes!

And... if any of those cats had their way, they'd have a taste of that okapi...
It's practically perfect in every way :drinking1 The only Disney Bloody Mary I've found so far that I like more are the ones at Refreshment Port in Epcot!
Noted!

We were ready to say good-bye to AK for the time being (not knowing at the time we'd be back the following month!) and with Ricky's foot we really didn't know what the night would have in store for us. Therefore we were in no rush and decided to make a pit stop at another resort on our way back to the Contemporary.
The Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary share the same bus, so WL is an easy stopover. We have left AK early and hopped a bus to somewhere else many times. We usually stop at WL for a visit, usually lunch at Geyser Point, whenever we aren't staying there. :)

How did Ricky hurt his foot in the first place? He has had a lot of pain to deal with the last few years.

Anyone want one?
Me me me!!!!! :wave:

❤❤❤

Chips and Dip
House-made Chips served with a French Onion Dip

Yum!!!!!! I'm pretty sure I've eaten my weight in chips and french onion dip over my lifetime.

I spent most of my time with the chips
The pepperandchips variety :earboy2:

That is a delicious "everything" pretzel with a mustard and cheese dip and spoiler alert if you're going to follow my Oct work trip TR - I had this again and will have it more ::yes::
Yum this looks awesome!!! We should totally have a trip where all we do is eat at the Disney lounges

What we didn't know at the time was that we'd see Melinda again the next month and will be seeing all of them again in January!!!!!!!
😭😭😭

I'm on FIRE with the updates now! Wanting to get on to my next TR so I can keep your magic just coming and coming....... 💩
Wow, you're moving so fast I'm scared and may 💩 a little :P

This gorgeous Bloody Mary is from Dawa Bar in Africa and I think is or used to be called the Dawa Mary but it isn't on the online menu nor is it on the menu hanging up at the bar. But it's nice and spicy with candied bacon in it so what more do you need?
Bloody Mary how do i love thee. Remember when they used to have 3 different flavors you could get. Miss those

A happy Chris = a weird day lol
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Therefore we were in no rush and decided to make a pit stop at another resort on our way back to the Contemporary.

Anyone want to guess where we stopped off :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes pixiedust:
I'm gonna vote for WL and a stop for Geyser and a magic bar

So sorry for Ricky and his foot! That's really rough. He's such a trooper.

Little side rant but getting rid of these guys really pissed me off. They always had a crowd and upped the atmosphere and experience in Africa so much!

I agree.

I think this is the elephant ear? It was pretty good; very flaky and light. But I'll stick to my beloved Disney danish next time.

This looks kinda neat. :) This is the kind of thing Nathan would be totally into, so I'll have to tell him about it.

A happy Chris = a weird day lol

:rotfl:

So cute! Our boys met the Brother Bear guys over in Canada in Epcot many moons ago.

Cute! They were one of the meets during our 5K run and I was so excited cuz I love Brother Bear :)

I just caught up! You guys seem to know how to have a good time! I hope your recent FAM trip was great. I'm so jealous.

It is tough walking around the parks with any type of foot problem ugh!!

Boo to Disney for stopping the live show in Africa, I can honestly say Disney does make some dumb decisions sometimes

I am going out a limb here but I think you may have stopped at WL, far fetched idea I know :rotfl:

No.
Tough guys do not cry and never wear pink.
Strong men who are secure and comfortable with their own selves cry and wear pink.
I need to check my adjective usage it would seem :teacher:
And... if any of those cats had their way, they'd have a taste of that okapi...
:laughing: and in that case I guess the cats would be forcing me to pick a new 2nd fave by default!
The Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary share the same bus, so WL is an easy stopover. We have left AK early and hopped a bus to somewhere else many times. We usually stop at WL for a visit, usually lunch at Geyser Point, whenever we aren't staying there. :)
They do make it too easy to stop there! Especially with the boat, so you can also easily get back to the CR or MK
How did Ricky hurt his foot in the first place? He has had a lot of pain to deal with the last few years.
Ugh it ended up fine and he really didn't DO anything specific! It was just over usage....he knew he was being cleared shortly after our trip. He was at the point where he was training 4x a week doing things he hadn't done in almost 2 years - like 4 ft box jumps and the like - and it was too much on his foot at once after not much for so long. He recovered quick but at that point (and this point) we don't need ANY injuries!
Me me me!!!!! :wave:
I KNEW I should have bought all the ones they had!!!
The pepperandchips variety :earboy2:
Whit at it's best :goodvibes
Yum this looks awesome!!! We should totally have a trip where all we do is eat at the Disney lounges
OMG I think that's the best idea ever!
#EPICDISBOARDSGIRLSLOUNGETRIP
Wow, you're moving so fast I'm scared and may 💩 a little :P
Keep your friends close and your 🚽 closer
I'm gonna vote for WL and a stop for Geyser and a magic bar
I guess everyone knows what my favorite resort is because this is the overwhelming answer lol
This looks kinda neat. :) This is the kind of thing Nathan would be totally into, so I'll have to tell him about it.
It was good! Worth trying for sure, just think I prefer my Disney danish :)
Cute! They were one of the meets during our 5K run and I was so excited cuz I love Brother Bear :)
When the movie came out were you totally excited there was a Disney film set in Canada?????
I just caught up! You guys seem to know how to have a good time! I hope your recent FAM trip was great. I'm so jealous.
:wave: We did manage to have a good time with the family and as always with our DIS friends! Don't be TOO jealous of the FAM trip until I start writing that TR lol!
Boo to Disney for stopping the live show in Africa, I can honestly say Disney does make some dumb decisions sometimes
They do lots right and a good handful of things wrong, this being one of them 😥 Do you remember "Mulch, Sweat and Sheers" from MGM? We absolutely LOVED them and I consider getting rid of Burudika along the lines of getting rid of them.
I am going out a limb here but I think you may have stopped at WL, far fetched idea I know :rotfl:
I just said to Kari I think everyone knows me too well lol!!!

Just out of curiosity why'd you cancel? Just moving plans around like any good DISboarder lol?
None of us are a big fan. I'm okay with it and can always find something I like. But my way-too-picky boys ix-nayed it. Also, I was under the impression that the characters would be dressed in Christmas gear but I can't verify, and Chad said it would be awkward getting good photos anyway in a restaurant as we are planning to use them for our Christmas cards, so we dumped TH and I booked a fastpass for Adventurer's Outpost. Though I just found out they are meeting without their holiday sweaters, and a much more subtle holiday overlay this year. Boo.
And surprisingly I've never gotten anything from Eight Spoon!
You need to check out the mac-n-cheese. Yum!
Previously we've gotten loaded fries at Mr. Kamal's with a sriracha ketchup but now they only have fries with some dipping sauces.
Sorry I missed that.
Well you're (obviously) correct :thumbsup2
:)

Hope you all had a great weekend! We spent most of Saturday upstate (NY, because even though we aren't in NY CITY we are NOT upstate lol!) visiting another college with Ricky and now it's tied with another SUNY school as his 1st choice. On the way back we stopped at a diner that was still kinda way out there; behind it was a little ice cream place with this sorta freaky thing outside:

I sent it to one of my girlfriends and she said it looks like they started carving a bear and then decided to go with a Disney theme lol! Funny enough when we walked into the diner one side was blocked off for a toddler's birthday party and the theme was also Mickey :earsboy: You can find Disney everywhere!

Sunday we had our granddaughter and my mom over and today we were visited by our grandson. Life is good

It was still pretty good on our last full day of Disney after leaving AK and making a stop at - ALL of you guessed it - my Wilderness Lodge! Although I'm sorry @kastoney we didn't get a drink as I was kind of anxious to see how Ricky was doing but we did get these:

THREE of those precious magic bars and 2 of these for good measure:

We walked around a bit, searched the gift shop, and then sadly boarded the boat back to the CR

When we walked in the lobby of the Contemporary we saw this!!

I can't remember which 'munk it was but from this side view it looks like Chip? Well anyway he was bopping around the lobby saying hello to guests and ended up in front of us on the escalator so we face timed our granddaughter and showed her :) Nice random character sighting!

While we were still out we had texted Ricky and told him to get ice for his food which he did, but when we got to the room this is what was up:

You're welcome :thumbsup2 Hey we're all good friends here! I know it's not discolored and no bones are sticking out, but see that bump on the side? Yeah, that's NOT supposed to be there. It was huge and soft and moved around when you touched it like a bubble or sack of water 🤢 so not good.

**Let me stop here and tell you all that Ricky's foot was fine! I actually called right then and there and made an appt. for the day after we got back with an ortho. When we went his foot was still swollen but not like this; the doctor could find NOTHING wrong! His thought was a strain from over use and it made sense. Remember Ricky had now been almost 22 months without being fully active but 3 months prior to the trip had been cleared from p/t and started training again at this sports facility here that is big time tough. For about 4 weeks before we left he'd been up to 4-5 days of training a week plus back to playing basketball with friends. The training is CRAZY (well to those of us who don't train for anything lol) like doing these 4 foot box jumps and stuff that makes me want to go to sleep just thinking about it so LOTS of pressure on his feet/legs after a long time with minimal and then as weird as it sounds, when we started walking in Disney it was the last straw. He was told no exercise/sports for 2 weeks and while he wasn't happy, it was doable after almost 2 years of the same. He didn't need a boot but asked for one to be on the safe side and 2 weeks later, all was fine with no issues since**

But at this time we didn't know what the deal was and Ricky was getting stressed because he was going to work at the varsity basketball camp the week after we got back and wanted to be A-OK for his coach. He was still able to to do it no worries! However when we got back and saw that we all agree no more walking for him :( Once again I felt horrible for him because we had plans to go to Epcot and he was going to have to sit in the room. We'd cancelled lunch plans in DS and now tried getting a dinner ADR at Cali Grill so he could have a good dinner and not go far but nothing was available. He didn't like the menu at the Wave and we didn't even want him walking as far as the monorail to the Poly or GF so Contempo Cafe it was. I said we'd all stay in but he was adamant we go out. I know you'll all be surprised to hear that Chris agreed to stay behind with him lol.

Oh and this had been on the bed when the kids got back, they knew enough not to mess with it before I saw it!

We went down and got them some food before we went to get our own dinner and caught the monorail just coming in as we walked out of our room:

We weren't feeling the QS here and I was still sad about Ricky and didn't want to do a TS without them so instead we hopped on said monorail to another QS and got an old favorite of mine at the Poly!

Pulled Pork Nachos
Topped with Cheese, Spicy Mayonnaise, Pico de Gallo, and Pineapple Salsa

If the magic bar is dessert heaven (and it is) than these nachos are snack heaven! It was pouring outside and we weren't feeling the need to rush to Epcot so we hung around a bit taking pictures and debating what to do. Would our last evening be rained out for all of us? Only this guy knows the answer................

I booked a fastpass for Adventurer's Outpost. Though I just found out they are meeting without their holiday sweaters, and a much more subtle holiday overlay this year. Boo.
Oh man, I hadn't heard that about them not wearing the usual holiday outfits in AO :( Years ago so many characters in AK had M&G's in holiday attire! I have pics of the boys with Baloo and King Louie, Goofy Donald Mickey Minnie and the Chipmunks all wearing either scarves or the sweaters in regular M&G locations in AK and we used those for our cards like 2 years.

WOW i am behind!

So happy Halloween! Weather was stinky hear too but we managed to still get some trick or treating in!

So happy you had a good work trip! Cant wait to hear about it!

The Plaza is always a good meal, i think i need to fit it in again soon!

Poor Ricky he really had a run with his foot this trip! So happy to hear it ended up being nothing, but still a bit stressful!

That is a delicious "everything" pretzel with a mustard and cheese dip and spoiler alert if you're going to follow my Oct work trip TR - I had this again and will have it more ::yes::

OMG this looks good!

This gorgeous Bloody Mary is from Dawa Bar in Africa and I think is or used to be called the Dawa Mary but it isn't on the online menu nor is it on the menu hanging up at the bar. But it's nice and spicy with candied bacon in it so what more do you need?

All Bloody Marys are gorgeous in my book... well most of them ;)

Love Chip walking around! I really wish there was more of that at WDW

we were getting through this trip with no sibling fights

Wow, I'm jealous 😆

I was sitting on the side of the stage last week on my work trip and it was so barren and desolate; they have speakers playing African music :rolleyes: Nothing wrong with African music but it should be LIVE!!

Aw, that's really sad :sad1:

I managed to get 2 smiles despite ones' pain:

Nice! :thumbsup2

Anyone want to guess where we stopped off :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes pixiedust:

I'm late so I already know the real answer, but I swear I guessed it right...like everyone else! :laughing:

It was still pretty good on our last full day of Disney after leaving AK and making a stop at - ALL of you guessed it - my Wilderness Lodge! Although I'm sorry @kastoney we didn't get a drink as I was kind of anxious to see how Ricky was doing but we did get these:

THREE of those precious magic bars and 2 of these for good measure:

Yum!

Yeah, that's NOT supposed to be there. It was huge and soft and moved around when you touched it like a bubble or sack of water 🤢 so not good.

**Let me stop here and tell you all that Ricky's foot was fine! I actually called right then and there and made an appt. for the day after we got back with an ortho. When we went his foot was still swollen but not like this; the doctor could find NOTHING wrong! His thought was a strain from over use and it made sense. Remember Ricky had now been almost 22 months without being fully active but 3 months prior to the trip had been cleared from p/t and started training again at this sports facility here that is big time tough. For about 4 weeks before we left he'd been up to 4-5 days of training a week plus back to playing basketball with friends. The training is CRAZY (well to those of us who don't train for anything lol) like doing these 4 foot box jumps and stuff that makes me want to go to sleep just thinking about it so LOTS of pressure on his feet/legs after a long time with minimal and then as weird as it sounds, when we started walking in Disney it was the last straw.

Ouch! Poor Ricky! But I'm glad it all turned out ok!

Would our last evening be rained out for all of us? Only this guy knows the answer................

Eek! :scared1:

When we went his foot was still swollen but not like this; the doctor could find NOTHING wrong! His thought was a strain from over use and it made sense.
It was a very weird swelling. At least there wasn't a serious injury like a tear.
But at this time we didn't know what the deal was and Ricky was getting stressed because he was going to work at the varsity basketball camp the week after we got back and wanted to be A-OK for his coach.
Poor Ricky! He must have really been worried about it.
Oh and this had been on the bed when the kids got back, they knew enough not to mess with it before I saw it!
That is adorable. It is nice that they still make towel animals once in a while.
We weren't feeling the QS here and I was still sad about Ricky and didn't want to do a TS without them so instead we hopped on said monorail to another QS and got an old favorite of mine at the Poly!

Pulled Pork Nachos
One of the nicest things about staying at the GF was taking the monorail to Poly for nachos and GF for dinner at the Wave. It made it feel like all three resorts were really just one big resort.

That Mickey statue absolutely looks like a bear (with Mickey hands?) that happened to be painted to look like Mickey. Strange!

I'm so glad to hear that Ricky's foot turned out to be okay - it looks terrible! I'm sure he was quite frustrated after all he'd had to endure over the past few years.

I feel like you've gushed about those nachos before (or perhaps it was someone else?)… either way, it sounds like I'll have to make an effort to try them when we're at the Poly!

I think Chip and Dale hanging out at the CR is a thing now. We saw them twice during our stay in August.
Those magic bars look delish!!!!

but see that bump on the side? Yeah, that's NOT supposed to be there. It was huge and soft and moved around when you touched it like a bubble or sack of water 🤢 so not good.
Eek!
**Let me stop here and tell you all that Ricky's foot was fine! I actually called right then and there and made an appt. for the day after we got back with an ortho. When we went his foot was still swollen but not like this; the doctor could find NOTHING wrong!
So glad to hear this!
Oh man, I hadn't heard that about them not wearing the usual holiday outfits in AO :( Years ago so many characters in AK had M&G's in holiday attire! I have pics of the boys with Baloo and King Louie, Goofy Donald Mickey Minnie and the Chipmunks all wearing either scarves or the sweaters in regular M&G locations in AK and we used those for our cards like 2 years.
Yeh, kind of stinks, but we will make do. Apparently all the Dino Land characters (Donald, Daisy, Chip, Dale, Scrooge, Launchpad) are all decked out though!

BTW, I didn't quote your chipmunk photo but I have really noticed a lot more character training going on at WL so I wonder if that's what it is.

So happy Halloween! Weather was stinky hear too but we managed to still get some trick or treating in!
Figures since you're so close! People were actually freaking out too - what to do if it rains??? How will my kid ever get over it if it RAINS on HALLOWEEN?? All over social media lol it was pretty funny
The Plaza is always a good meal, i think i need to fit it in again soon!
Heading back in January!
All Bloody Marys are gorgeous in my book... well most of them ;)
lol I like to think that but the one I had at the Wave was 🤮
Wow, I'm jealous 😆
:laughing: yeah but you have such fun stories about when they argue lol! And believe me I could easily match them.
t was a very weird swelling. At least there wasn't a serious injury like a tear.
We were totally thrown as to what it was. He was looking it up on Google which of course I told him not to do :rolleyes:
That is adorable. It is nice that they still make towel animals once in a while.
I know! We got a cute one at the GF in September too
That Mickey statue absolutely looks like a bear (with Mickey hands?) that happened to be painted to look like Mickey. Strange!
Right lol? I swear the sculptor was in the middle of the bear and a kid/grandchild/someone little asked for Mickey!
I feel like you've gushed about those nachos before (or perhaps it was someone else?)… either way, it sounds like I'll have to make an effort to try them when we're at the Poly!
It was me :wave: And I do highly suggest getting them!
I think Chip and Dale hanging out at the CR is a thing now. We saw them twice during our stay in August.
I remember you saying that! And I've heard it from other resorts like @ArielSRL saw at the WL.
Apparently all the Dino Land characters (Donald, Daisy, Chip, Dale, Scrooge, Launchpad) are all decked out though!
Well that's cool! That's how I remember it "way back" lol except it wasn't in Dinoland
BTW, I didn't quote your chipmunk photo but I have really noticed a lot more character training going on at WL so I wonder if that's what it is.
I just read something last night about like 7 characters showing up there! I would LOVE that to happen during our stay in January :goodvibes

I was very behind on your report, but I'm caught up now. Totally drooling over all the yummy snacks and drinks! Your day at AK looked like so much fun, but I wish your son wasn't having issues with his foot. Can't wait to hear about your work trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts