A Salute to all things Disney, but mostly Magic Bars; a July 4th 2019 TR*update 11/28 new TR link!

sorta freaky thing outside:

Sorta freaky? More like absolutely creepy!

Although I'm sorry @kastoney we didn't get a drink as I was kind of anxious to see how Ricky was doing but we did get these:

All the more reason for a drink :drinking1

You're welcome :thumbsup2
Thankfully I am not eating.

He didn't need a boot but asked for one to be on the safe side and 2 weeks later, all was fine with no issues since
Poor guy has really been through it. Glad to hear it wasn't anything though and just some rest was needed.

Would our last evening be rained out for all of us? Only this guy knows the answer................

And he ain't talking!

Except did you see my new ticker :santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa:

Yes, I will now be visiting WDW for a super quick holiday trip in early December!!!!
Really really happy for you. Not the least bit jealous :sad2:

Not sure that will be our view but we do have a tower water view room booked at Gran Destino!
Oh I so want to stay here some time but my travel agent refused to book us here and just put me in a regular room :P

And in the 7 times I've been do the World this year do you think I remembered to get him one????
All there's your reason to go back right there

Kelly @buzzrelly has recently started working with me and is coming down for this FAM!
So happy you 2 get to spend some time together! For reals this time :D

What???? that's great!
Just rearranged plans last night, can't wait!
Very nice. :) Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it.
We like CSR enough and when I toured the Gran Destino rooms last month they were pretty nice. I prefer rooms that open to corridors so that's a plus! We also went up to Toledo and the Dahlia bar/lounge and both look awesome.
Yay! I'm really excited too! You've been such an amazing help with all of this! :hug:
Aw 😘 I try but in between all my work I totally forget some things I mean to send you!
But I'm even more excited that you decided to do MVMCP! Especially since that seems to be the only overlap in our plans...all three days of them 😆 Unless, of course, you decide to go to EPCOT on 12/6 since I think that's where we'll be.
Hmm well I did just rearrange pretty much our whole plan today so.......looks like AK on the 4th and possibly Epcot later at night to see the fireworks, then Epcot in the morning the 5th until about 1ish when we go to DS; then MK in the morning on the 6th and then probably HS but possibly Epcot again if we feel we didn't get enough ::yes:: But we definitely have the party!
I knew exactly where you were as Bill and I were on the boat back to WL from our tea and saw you guys walking off the other boat and down the dock.
That's right :goodvibes
o exciting!!! I have the same 3/4 sleeve Christmas shirt that I will be wearing on my Christmas trip a week after yours.
I think it's so cute! I also ordered 2 holiday shirts from TeePublic I'm anxious to get
Steve is the best Disney enabler! Can he come and give lessons to Bill please???
lol it certainly helps when your spouse is suggesting Disney trips!
How exciting!!! What a good husband that Steve is... always with the most brilliant of ideas, huh?! :cool1:
As far as vacation yes lol!

You've definitely converted Steve into a big Disney fan if he's the one that's requesting MVMCP! :goodvibes
I know and I'm still shocked when he's the one suggesting additional Disney things/time, but hey it could be worse!
I've only read great things about the Edison and LTT lunch is one of my favorite Disney meals.
I've always liked lunch at LTT; Steve goes back and forth on it but we had lunch there a few months ago and we both thought it was fantastic. I also enjoy trying new places and there are a couple things on the Edison menu that look really good!
Christmas is my most favorite time to be at WDW, and even though our trip is just 36 days away, I'm still jealous that you'll be there before me! (also, I have NOT forgotten that I still need to pay the balance on that trip LOL--will take care of that next week!)
I can't believe your trip is finally only 36 days away :cheer2: I do hope you're going to do a TR for all of it! And no worries about the balance lol I won't let you forget!
Ok lady!!! How many times have we talked this week and you didn't mention this AWESOME news!?!? I am sooooo happy for you. How exciting!!!!!
:blush::blush::blush::blush: I know I know! But now you know :laughing: I swear it's because between my Universal trip, our January trip and all my clients trips I just forget who I told what lol
The holiday stuff is great and we really missed it last year. We are looking forward to our trip and we arrive the same day as Steve, only about an hour earlier. :)
I'm looking forward to the new decor in Animal Kingdom so I had to re-work our schedule to fit it in :thumbsup2
Grand Destino seems to be a popular destination lately. It looks like you will have a great view. :)
Yes it does, partly because it's new? And it is nice, the rooms have a different "feel" than the older CSR rooms. It wouldn't have been our first choice normally but since this was kind of last minute the options weren't too many.
We plan to go there on Wednesday, too. Neil Patrick Harris is the narrator at the Candlelight Processional and I'm curious to see why he is so popular at this event.
We've done the CP twice, once Geena Davis was the narrator and NPH the other time. Geena was good but there was SUCH a difference with Neil! He just has a presence, a way about him, that makes it more special IMO.
Wait until you see the standby line for him lol!
I adore the Christmas party fireworks and watched them from the GF when we were there in 2017. They are supposed to have new ones this year
Yes there are new fireworks! They were testing them last month while I was there and around 7:15 we had a great view of them from our room at the WL. They looked great and the few reviews I've read so far say the same. You should watch them from the GF again one night!
We’re just going to barely miss you in Dec! Hope you have fun and it makes up for the work trip!
Ah that's too bad!! I do hope you have a great trip! And I highly expect this to make up for the not stellar parts of my work trip lol

We'll be at Epcot that day! Until after the 1st Candlelight processional, then we'll head to MK for the rest of the night. Hoping the late EMH won't be super busy.
I didn't realize you were going then!!!! Ugh I just changed our plans around and now if we're there at all on the 4th it won't be until later at night :( Where are you on the 5th and 6th if you're still there?
Jealous you get to have more of the delicious macarons on your work trip. Best macarons I have ever had, yum!
I agree 100% and when I found out about our work trip the very first thing I thought of were those macarons 😂
How fun Kelly is now working at the same TA and will be down there at the same time.
I'm so glad she's able to come!
Any time of the day those pulled pork nachos look so delicious even at 6am! I am definitely working these into my January trip
I feel like I've missed out since I didn't get them in August or September and I don't think I'll get them on our quick Dec trip so I'll be working them into January too :thumbsup2
Thankfully I am not eating.
No worries just text me next time you're about to dig in to an awesome meal and I'll send the bubble foot pic right over 🦶🦶
And he ain't talking!
I hope not! But that's pretty much the reason nothing that looks like him will ever reside in my home 😱
Oh I so want to stay here some time but my travel agent refused to book us here and just put me in a regular room :P
She (or he maybe?) sounds like a real loser. Someone who has NEVER shaded the filet before...............

Oh wow...how AWESOME about your trip extension...so of course now you overlap with me even more. I'm still going back and forth on a lot of our plans but I'm envisioning a lot of hopping. I know for sure we will be at MK on the evening of the 4th for the EMH and I have some FPs that night and then at EPCOT on the 5th for the Candlelight Processional. I'm just not sure what we'll do during the day for both the 4th and 5th...and I'm all over the place on the 6th on where to be since our flight doesn't leave until 10:30pm!!! So chances are we will overlap somewhere...I'l have to try to message you while I'm there just in case we can try for a little more of a meetup this time! I'm definitely looking forward to our short little trip and seeing all of the decorations again.

We'll be in AK on 12/4 as well! But probably heading to DS later in the day. And we also may still be in DHS when you get there on 12/5, depending on the crowds and how things go with ROTR. And of course, we'll be at the same MVMCP on 12/5 :goodvibes

I'm looking forward to the new decor in Animal Kingdom so I had to re-work our schedule to fit it in
I really want to see the Tree of Life with the Christmas projections. It gets hard to fit in all the special Christmas activities.
Yes there are new fireworks! They were testing them last month while I was there and around 7:15 we had a great view of them from our room at the WL. They looked great and the few reviews I've read so far say the same. You should watch them from the GF again one night!
Our latest plan is to go over to MK on Thursday before the party but late enough to catch the Christmas castle lighting ceremony at 6:15. I figure it will be less crowded at MK between 4:30pm and when guests without party tickets get kicked out then it will be on Wednesday. Then we will hop on the monorail and head to Epcot. :)

We like CSR enough and when I toured the Gran Destino rooms last month they were pretty nice. I prefer rooms that open to corridors so that's a plus! We also went up to Toledo and the Dahlia bar/lounge and both look awesome.
Looking forward to some photos. :) (No pressure... either yours or someone else's. :))

I just changed our plans around and now if we're there at all on the 4th it won't be until later at night :( Where are you on the 5th and 6th if you're still there?
Starting the day (both the 5th and 6th) at DHS, so the family can check out ROTR and GE: SW. On the 5th we'll be hopping to AK around lunch time for the rest of the day. The afternoon/evening of the 6th will be spent at Epcot.

Greetings all! Two weeks from today I'll be in Universal for training and then our quick holiday Disney visit; can't wait!!! But for now on with July and our last night....................

We left off with the boys hanging back in the room, one with a swollen foot and the other, well, just being himself. We ate at Captain Cook''s while waiting out the pouring rain, wondering if we'd get to Epcot to see a summer offering I'd wanted to catch. Did we??

We did!! That's the bridge going up so the Illuminations globe could be brought out to the lagoon FYI (RIP Illuminations). Anyone know if there's a need for this bridge to be raised for any part of Epcot Forever? I'm thinking no since from what I've heard it's mostly high fireworks. Hoping to see it in 2 weeks :goodvibes

The main reason I wanted to come back here was to see the Guardians of the Galaxy show they offer just during the summer as we hadn't been the previous summer when they had the show for the first time. We got seats easily and waited while it drizzled on and off but the show did go on:

There was a lot of dancing but those aren't my best pictures and also singing and we liked it! I think the boys would have liked it too. I don't think Starlord looked much like....Starlord but Gamora looked good and her moes were good too! I was glad we got over to see it and I think it's a nice addition to the park over the summer. You know, since it's like the one time of year there's no festival going on.........................

There was no rain by the time the show was done and we decided to spend a little time walking around before ending our park time.

FYI as we drove backstage on our VIP tour last month we saw the disassembled Illuminations globe lying around :( We were parched and took care of that by way of the Grey Goose Slush

And this pink slush?? I have no recollection of what this was called or what was in it but I do remember it was a special seasonal offering at Les Halles and it was good, I think it had the words summer slush in it:

Speaking of summer specials these were the Guardians snacks and beverages they had, although we didn't try any:

We continued our walk around WS and I will continue that continuation in the next post!

We left off with the boys hanging back in the room, one with a swollen foot and the other, well, just being himself.
Boys will be boys... feet will be feet...

wait... what?
We did!! That's the bridge going up
:laughing:
It's the little things. :goodvibes
Anyone know if there's a need for this bridge to be raised for any part of Epcot Forever?
Hmm... I only saw a video (i.e. not in person), but I wouldn't think so?
But probably will when Forever becomes Forgotten.
The main reason I wanted to come back here was to see the Guardians of the Galaxy show they offer just during the summer
Huh. I've never even heard of it.
There was a lot of dancing but those aren't my best pictures and also singing and we liked it!
Good!
I don't think Starlord looked much like....Starlord but Gamora looked good
I was thinking the same thing.
You know, since it's like the one time of year there's no festival going on.........................
:rolleyes1
FYI as we drove backstage on our VIP tour last month we saw the disassembled Illuminations globe lying around :(
:( Not cool.
We were parched and took care of that by way of the Grey Goose Slush
::yes:: perfect.

Continuation of our continuing WS walk post:

As we approached Norway a sign caught my eye; some of you know how much I LOVE Laila perfume. I buy some every visit even though you can get it at Nordstrom's but that's just not the same! And I adore Geir Ness :love: On an earlier trip this year I was lucky enough to meet him and he even lotioned me up:

So when I saw the sign that he was appearing in The Fjording today I knew I had to go in for more lotioning!! Unfortunately he was gone for the day so this had to do:

You know I'll be looking for him in 2 weeks! We couldn't leave without a stop in Kringla Og. I usually go for the School Bread and I did this time too but we debated over some different options;

I did try the springtime cheesecake last month in the fall lol and it was NOT that tasty. But they both look adorable don't they!

We made one final stop before leaving and this was better than the cheesecake:

We shared this; it's the FROZEN STRAWBERRY LEMON SUNSET from Joffreys: layered frozen strawberry and lemonade with topped with grey goose vodka Funny that the picture they show on the board is pink but ours was clearly yellow so I guess heavier on the lemonade rather than the strawberry but either way it was really good and served as the perfect drink to exit the park with.

We monorailed back to the CR, Chris had been nice enough to go down to Contempo Cafe at some point and get dinner for both of them so Ricky could stay off his still swollen foot. We did bring them back some treats from Les Halles when I got my drink.

For Ricky:

And then for Chris:

While Steve and I enjoyed our School Bread!

That pretty much ended our trip as our flight the next morning left at 11. I'll be back though to sum up our very first 4th of July trip and give you guys a taste of what I'll be doing on my upcoming Universal work trip!!

Oh wow...how AWESOME about your trip extension...so of course now you overlap with me even more.
OK so since your day plans are basically up in the air for each day lol definitely message me or I'll message you and hopefully we can say hi again!
We'll be in AK on 12/4 as well!
Are you going right there when you leave Uni? We're eating lunch at Sanaa now at 2:00 and then going over so it'll be 3:30-4 when we get there.........
Our latest plan is to go over to MK on Thursday before the party but late enough to catch the Christmas castle lighting ceremony at 6:15.
We may be able to say hi then! I don't know quite how early we'll arrive for the party but I plan to be there at least by 6 :goodvibes
Looking forward to some photos. :) (No pressure... either yours or someone else's. :))
I actually have quite a few from both Toledo and Dahlia and will definitely share those in my Oct work TR which I hopefully will be starting this week!
Starting the day (both the 5th and 6th) at DHS, so the family can check out ROTR and GE: SW. On the 5th we'll be hopping to AK around lunch time for the rest of the day. The afternoon/evening of the 6th will be spent at Epcot.
Hmm ok 🤔 so on the 6th I may be there late morning. And if not there then I'll be at Epcot by early afternoon until around 5 so hopefully we can say a quick hello at some point!

And I adore Geir Ness :love: On an earlier trip this year I was lucky enough to meet him and he even lotioned me up:
Nope. Never knew this and don't know who he is… Googled. :)
I knew I had to go in for more lotioning!!
I wonder if Ariel offers this service.... hmmm......
I usually go for the School Bread
Again with the coconut!
We shared this; it's the FROZEN STRAWBERRY LEMON SUNSET from Joffreys: layered frozen strawberry and lemonade with topped with grey goose vodka
Whoa! That sounds good!
:sad2:
I actually have quite a few from both Toledo and Dahlia and will definitely share those in my Oct work TR which I hopefully will be starting this week!
Yay! :)

Anyone know if there's a need for this bridge to be raised for any part of Epcot Forever? I'm thinking no since from what I've heard it's mostly high fireworks. Hoping to see it in 2 weeks :goodvibes
There are several barges loaded with fireworks for the Epcot Forever show. I think they remain in the lake rather than go in and out every day.
The main reason I wanted to come back here was to see the Guardians of the Galaxy show they offer just during the summer as we hadn't been the previous summer when they had the show for the first time. We got seats easily and waited while it drizzled on and off but the show did go on:
We saw this show two years ago and we really enjoyed it. :)
We have never had school bread and never will, no matter how much praise it gets. ;)
We may be able to say hi then! I don't know quite how early we'll arrive for the party but I plan to be there at least by 6 :goodvibes
Sounds like a plan. :)

Are you going right there when you leave Uni? We're eating lunch at Sanaa now at 2:00 and then going over so it'll be 3:30-4 when we get there.........

Allie's plane lands at 9:30 so I'm going to meet her at Coronado to drop her bag off and then head there. We should be there by 12.

We have:
EE 12:20-1:20
Navi 2:50-3:50 (of course, I'm going to try and refresh for FoP)
KS 3:50-4:50

A relaxed afternoon in Epcot filled with fun drinks and treats sounds delightful! It sounds like a nice low-key way to enjoy your last day at Disney.

I can't believe you're headed back in just two weeks!

Yes and without hesitation I got a big fat NOPE
I don't know, I kind of think driving around in one might be nice. Probably a pain in crowds but still kind of fun?

Not sure that will be our view but we do have a tower water view room booked at Gran Destino! We've been to CSR quite often; we like the resort; I'm not liking that the worst bus stop is the one most convenient to the tower but we Lyft so much anyway it won't really matter. Plus then I can knock this off my list of where I need to stay!
That will be nice!!! That lobby was beautiful! Did you guys go to 3 Bridges last time? I can't remember. We loved it.

Afterwards I have a couple FP's at HS including Tower of Terror. I'm looking forward to seeing all the holiday decor as last year it was my favorite decorated park:
YEAH! We "should" be there all day that day.

Or do I want to even attempt SWGE at all????? I do NOT like Smuggler's Run and am not dying to do Rise of the Resistance but it's like, hey if I'm there........
I would def wait to try RoR... For you two non-star wars geeks.

Creepy! I like that he has a magic band on...

I'm glad the rain eventually went away altogether and you could enjoy your last evening strolling around Epcot. :goodvibes

FYI as we drove backstage on our VIP tour last month we saw the disassembled Illuminations globe lying around :(
This is heartbreaking, I might have actually lost it :sad: It's not quite in the same category to me as Great Movie Ride... but sometimes I wish Disney would just leave well enough alone :sad2: #changeresister :laughing:

Huh. I've never even heard of it.
It's just for summers and only the last couple years - maybe since GotG 2 came out?? I'm sure they'll keep it coming at least until the new ride opens just to keep up the hype...................
Hmm... I only saw a video (i.e. not in person), but I wouldn't think so?
But probably will when Forever becomes Forgotten.
Forever to Forgotten to ?????? I bet Forever will be the better of the shows and we'll all want to Forgotten the new one
I wonder if Ariel offers this service.... hmmm......
I believe that's going to be part of the coming soon extra ticketed event, "Magic Kingdom After AFTER Hours ;) 🧜‍♀️
Again with the coconut!
Your Disney snack goody box is getting bigger and bigger 🥥
We have never had school bread and never will, no matter how much praise it gets. ;)
Ah apparently you share some of the same tastes as @pkondz lol
We have:
EE 12:20-1:20
Navi 2:50-3:50 (of course, I'm going to try and refresh for FoP)
KS 3:50-4:50
Ooh our safari FP's overlap by 10 mins 👍 I may try to move ours up!
I can't believe you're headed back in just two weeks!
This year is truly an anomaly and I assure you we will not be making 8 trips to Disney again next year lol! This one and Oct were due to work :worship: and I know that unfortunately we won't have another WDW work trip next year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!