A Salute to all things Disney, but mostly Magic Bars; a July 4th 2019 TR*update 11/28 new TR link!

CR CONTINUED

While I liked the room size and layout I was not a fan of the sinks. Yes there were two which is great but the low sides and the shape in general led to lots of water over the edge and things like spit out toothpaste not flowing down the drain

IMG_2380.JPG

But overall we were happy and comfortable there. We didn't have much time to chill though because we had a dinner reservation we needed to get to and that meant an outfit change for everyone!

IMG_2382.JPG

IMG_2384.JPG

I had gotten that Mickey shirt first for Steve and Ricky surprisingly asked for one - of course I ran right out to Kohl's and got it because it's not every day your 17 year old boy WANTS to wear matching Disney shirts with daddy! Chris initially said no but when I brought the LK one home he said he'd wear it as long as nobody else was matching him. That's way more than I usually get from him so I considered it a win!

I asked Chris to take a picture of Ricky and I and I got this:

IMG_2387.JPG

Not terrible I guess. You can't tell but my romper is Alice in Wonderland so we were all Disney-fied for our dinner at one of our favorite signatures, Narcoossee's! That's up next!

Joining in and can't wait to read along! You know how much I love you and your TR's... :love2:
Hello my dear friend! Glad you're here xoxo
I'm here! Can't wait to read all about it!!
Hey Cloe! Thank you for joining me again!
Here and following along! Looking forward to a fun trip!
:welcome: nice to see you here with me again!
Following along. :)
Ooh hello there and :welcome: to you, I'm honored you're here:worship:
I'm here! I can't wait to hear about the latest trip!!!!

:wave2: Thanks for following along, I hope you enjoy reading!

:welcome::worship:

Joining in, happy to be here for another one!

Oh and we also have 2 older boys Jason 30 and Eric 28; technically my stepsons but I hate calling them that because truly they're my boys ♥
I know what you mean. My oldest is my step daughter but I’ve known her since she was 3 so I really don’t make that distinction.

Plane was on time :thumbsup2 I surprised the boys by pulling out new headphones for myself:

IMG_2364.JPG

IMG_2366.JPG

Because what teen boy doesn't want their mom wearing Minnie Mouse headphones in public with them???? They were super happy, especially Chris who was sitting next to me. I was happy though :)

I love those! I'm sure Chris was thrilled! :rotfl2:

Very soon we were passing the best sign ever:

IMG_2368.JPG

Much better picture than you'd have gotten from the DME :thumbsup2

I never really was interested in staying here but I have a couple friends like @buzzrelly who really like it and I'm determined to stay at ALL Disney resorts so my excitement over staying here had grown.

I actually haven't stayed in the tower in years…I forget how huge the rooms are!

We walked in and the first thing we saw was this accompanied by a note that said "Welcome DeVizio Family, we're happy to see you again!"

IMG_2370.JPG

:wizard::wizard::wizard:

Gotta say the pool leaves a little to be desired...

I agree, and yet, we kind of like that pool. It's huge and I never had trouble finding a chair and some shade. My kids used to love the slide there too.

While I liked the room size and layout I was not a fan of the sinks. Yes there were two which is great but the low sides and the shape in general led to lots of water over the edge and things like spit out toothpaste not flowing down the drain

IMG_2380.JPG

Agree 100%. Why would anyone design this??

an outfit change for everyone!

IMG_2382.JPG

IMG_2384.JPG

Nice! And Chris is smiling!

I asked Chris to take a picture of Ricky and I and I got this:

IMG_2387.JPG

Insta-worthy :love:

Oooh a cliffhanger intro post! And I made it here before too many updates!

Steve is not a fan of ME. And once he realized that for about $40 we could be at our resort 40 minutes after landing with absolutely no waiting at all, that was it - no more ME when I'm with him! I miss it because to me it signifies the real beginning of a Disney trip but that kind of goes away when we get to our resort so quick.

That’s funny considering the lengths I just went to in order to try to get magical express. For me it’s still a special treat but I can totally get how the waiting and extra stops would lose their charm after the first few times!

All the way to the right and zoomed in a bit we could see my beloved Wilderness Lodge!! Home of the Magic Bar (along with POR) by the way ;)
And perhaps is that a ToT there on the horizon behind the Dolphin?! Lovely view!!

I had gotten that Mickey shirt first for Steve and Ricky surprisingly asked for one - of course I ran right out to Kohl's and got it because it's not every day your 17 year old boy WANTS to wear matching Disney shirts with daddy!
The boys look so GROWN! Crazy! I do love those shirts though.

this time I get to share the joys that are my children with you too 😜
As long as they're well behaved.
I don't usually write much about our pre-arrival because it's just airport-flight-get there,
lol. I usually do because something always winds up happening.
I surprised the boys by pulling out new headphones for myself:
I like them! And they suit you. :)
Because what teen boy doesn't want their mom wearing Minnie Mouse headphones in public with them????
:laughing:
I miss it because to me it signifies the real beginning of a Disney trip but that kind of goes away when we get to our resort so quick.
I agree with the first part of that sentence.
I have no reference for the second part. Either I take DME or I have my own vehicle because I've driven down.
Very soon we were passing the best sign ever:
Image result for mcdonalds sign
I'm determined to stay at ALL Disney resorts
All of them? Foreign countries, as well? DL too?
We walked in and the first thing we saw was this accompanied by a note that said "Welcome DeVizio Family, we're happy to see you again!"
Very nice!
I grabbed that raspberry macaroon like I did at Cali Grill brunch in May with my EPIC ladies
smeagol.gif
Daybed made up and all of us managing to get in the pic but Ricky:
"Everyone behind me or off to the side unless you want to be in the picture!"
Not terrible I guess.
Actually it's a very nice photo. :)
we were all Disney-fied for our dinner at one of our favorite signatures, Narcoossee's! That's up next!
Oooh! Good! One place I've wanted to try for quite a while now.

Impressive on getting the boys in those shirts! Major win, you might as well wrap this up here!

Those sinks are the worst! I felt the same when we stayed there as well!

Love the headphones :rotfl2:

Hello! Following along! I have a 16yo son so am looking forward to reading about your lovely family! (And feel your pain on getting everyone into a picture! :) Your pics of them come out great!) Love your headphones btw! And I just stayed in Bay Lake Tower recently - I loved the room but agree with you on those weird sinks! Such an odd choice.

What an easy travel day! I agree that the ME really "starts" the vacation for me, too... but I understand some people are not fans. I'm also a huge fan of not having to pick up and lug my suitcase around, so I don't think I'll be bypassing the ME (and their luggage delivery) anytime soon!

The location of the Contemporary is so lovely - you're right next to MK and an easy monorail or boat ride away from multiple resorts (and their restaurants). I still don't love the all-white bedding at all the resorts as I feel it takes away from the individual theming, but I get it from a sanitary and ease perspective. I agree the sinks would be a challenge (where on earth would I put my flat iron?!), but they certainly look cool!

Nice work on the Disney-themed outfits! I'm impressed your boys were willing to participate!

Plane was on time :thumbsup2 I surprised the boys by pulling out new headphones for myself:

IMG_2364.JPG

IMG_2366.JPG

I adore these!! I so want a pair!!

Sounds like traveling went smoothly!

IMG_2370.JPG

This is so sweet!

IMG_2380.JPG

Ah, this sink layout would annoy my family and I, too! Doesn't look like there's a whole lot of space to put toiletries and stuff there, either :headache: Other than the weird sinks, it looks like a gorgeous room!

Everyone looks so nice for Narcoosee's, I can't wait to read about it!

Where do the ubers/lyfts pick up from MCO? I'm tempted to try that!

The sinks definitely are annoying at CR lol contemporary looking but a pain in the butt!

IMG_2364.JPG
I saw these in Target and totally thought of you!

Steve is not a fan of ME. And once he realized that for about $40 we could be at our resort 40 minutes after landing with absolutely no waiting at all, that was it - no more ME when I'm with him!
I am with you on ME making it feel like real vacation and all. But I might need to talk to Andy about doing this to go back! We leave REALLY early and it might be worth a little extra sleep.

IMG_2370.JPG

Obviously we'd never been THERE so they were obviously referring to us being back in the World. A nice little touch of Pixie dust! I grabbed that raspberry macaroon like I did at Cali Grill brunch in May with my EPIC ladies and my very hungry family demolished the rest.
I want!!! so cute. Were you guys CL?

The pool... is literally what keeps me from wanting to stay here. Snoozefest.

Joining in, happy to be here for another one!
Hi Jeff!! I know work has been keeping you away from the DIS so I'm happy to see you here :goodvibes
I know what you mean. My oldest is my step daughter but I’ve known her since she was 3 so I really don’t make that distinction.
Ah didn't know that. It's not always an easy thing but we're lucky if and when they become like our own :love: I can even yell at them now comfortably and they listen sometimes lol!
I love those! I'm sure Chris was thrilled! :rotfl2:
:rotfl:the best part was I didn't show them until I put them on!
Nice! And Chris is smiling!
He actually smiled quite a bit this trip! Now we'll see if we get him to come with us again in December like he's supposed to.....
Oooh a cliffhanger intro post! And I made it here before too many updates!
I'm trying to be cool! Glad you're here :hug:
That’s funny considering the lengths I just went to in order to try to get magical express.
The URGENT lengths !!!
And perhaps is that a ToT there on the horizon behind the Dolphin?! Lovely view!!
Yes and we could also see the Orlando Eye if I zoomed in and it was clear. Really nice views from the Bay Lake Rooms, that and the room size were the things we liked the most.
lol. I usually do because something always winds up happening.
Uh-oh, something exciting rather than bad I hope........
I like them! And they suit you. :)
:thanks:😂
:laughing: At least one of my boys would prefer this to the sign I posted
All of them? Foreign countries, as well? DL too?
Um.......ok? Yes?:thanks:
How did you get this? That's EXACTLY how I looked when I grabbed the macaroon!
Actually it's a very nice photo. :)
And :thanks: again :goodvibes
Oooh! Good! One place I've wanted to try for quite a while now.
Oh you need to try it! I think Citricos is really our #1 signature but Narcoossee's is tied for 2nd for me with Tiffin's and definitely Chris's #1. There's a recent thread on the Restaurant board about bad service there but in about 9 dinners there we've never had bad service OR a bad meal.
Impressive on getting the boys in those shirts! Major win, you might as well wrap this up here!
Ha ha you're right! "Here they are in the shirts, great trip, we went home" :rotfl2:
Love the headphones :rotfl2:
I had to when I saw them lol
Hello! Following along!
Hello and :welcome: thanks for following!
I have a 16yo son so am looking forward to reading about your lovely family!
Teens are fun aren't they :rolleyes: No no they are, and after taking them so many times to Disney we've figured out how to keep Ricky happy (I think)! Unfortunately we haven't figured out how to keep Chris happy anywhere lol but hopefully you enjoy how we try!
And I just stayed in Bay Lake Tower recently - I loved the room but agree with you on those weird sinks! Such an odd choice.
I guess because they look modern? But there was seriously no room for anything and I hated that nothing washed down!

What an easy travel day! I agree that the ME really "starts" the vacation for me, too... but I understand some people are not fans. I'm also a huge fan of not having to pick up and lug my suitcase around, so I don't think I'll be bypassing the ME (and their luggage delivery) anytime soon!
I don't want to jinx our upcoming August and Sept. travel days but yes, it did go well! We've had some crap ones in the past lol so this was nice! We do love not getting our luggage - we may or may not have sent that along on ME even though we didn't ride :rolleyes1
The location of the Contemporary is so lovely - you're right next to MK and an easy monorail or boat ride away from multiple resorts (and their restaurants).
True and that worked well for us a couple times when we took a detour to the WL! The location and room size are 2 great perks to staying there.
I still don't love the all-white bedding at all the resorts as I feel it takes away from the individual theming, but I get it from a sanitary and ease perspective.
Agree here too. I liked the individualized look of the old bedding to each resort and I don't like the white but it all goes with taking away the theming as well as the sanitary aspect :(
Nice work on the Disney-themed outfits! I'm impressed your boys were willing to participate!
So was I especially Chris!
I adore these!! I so want a pair!!
Target! But I've also seen some Disney themed ones in the 5 Below by us!
This is so sweet!
It was a big surprise! Not as much as when we were upgraded to the Roy Disney Suite at the Grand lol but the kids enjoyed the desserts!
Doesn't look like there's a whole lot of space to put toiletries and stuff there, either :headache:
Uh,nope 😡 I couldn't keep hardly anything in there and what I could I had to put in the tray with the Disney toiletries
Love that the boys were willing to wear Disney shirts for your meal!
Sometimes they do surprise me!
Where do the ubers/lyfts pick up from MCO? I'm tempted to try that!:rolleyes1
They get you outside on the bottom level of A! I forget outside exactly which doors but there are signs on them when you get down there :) Super easy!
I'm here and following along!
Hello and welcome 🙂 I hope you enjoy my report!
Following along!!
:welcome: thanks for joining!
I saw these in Target and totally thought of you!
lol! I'm going to wear them again next week even though the boys won't be with us since Steve thought it was so funny the boys each had to sit next to me last month while I wore them.
I am with you on ME making it feel like real vacation and all. But I might need to talk to Andy about doing this to go back! We leave REALLY early and it might be worth a little extra sleep.
Yes we haven't used it yet to go back to the airport but are thinking of doing that in September! And will definitely do it in Dec. if they move to a 4 hour pickup window like they did last year for the holiday season
I want!!! so cute. Were you guys CL?
No we weren't! I swear it's just because we go so often and almost always stay deluxe? I really don't think it has to do with me booking with my TA rate because the other agents don't always get things like that or the suite upgrade.

Uh-oh, something exciting rather than bad I hope........
Usually stressful.
:laughing: At least one of my boys would prefer this to the sign I posted
:laughing:
How did you get this? That's EXACTLY how I looked when I grabbed the macaroon!
I have my sources. ;)
Oh you need to try it! I think Citricos is really our #1 signature but Narcoossee's is tied for 2nd for me with Tiffin's and definitely Chris's #1. There's a recent thread on the Restaurant board about bad service there but in about 9 dinners there we've never had bad service OR a bad meal.
Thanks for that!

IMG_2364.JPG

I love these!

IMG_2370.JPG

Obviously we'd never been THERE so they were obviously referring to us being back in the World. A nice little touch of Pixie dust!

Definitely a nice touch! Maybe not quite as much pixie dust as the last pixie-dusting, but still lovely.

Everyone was really digging the size and layout of the room. It's not always fun being in a regular room with 2 teen boys and having 1 bathroom stinks but is sometimes how it goes

Rooms looks great! I'm sure the extra space was appreciated!

the low sides and the shape in general led to lots of water over the edge and things like spit out toothpaste not flowing down the drain

Ew.

Oh my gosh they look so precious and dapper, I can hardly stand it! Excellent shirt choices.

Chris initially said no but when I brought the LK one home he said he'd wear it as long as nobody else was matching him. That's way more than I usually get from him so I considered it a win!

Big win!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter