Sisters are doing it for themselves...Sept/Oct 2022 trip now!! Update 01/07 The planning continues...

Hi Tanz! I'm here and can't wait to read more! :wave:

Doing a solo trip is a dream of mine, so I'm eager to follow this TR along! You have some great plans already, so exciting that you're staying at AKL-- I've always wanted to stay there! Love the shirts you've bought already!

Hi Tanz! I'm here and can't wait to read more! :wave:

Doing a solo trip is a dream of mine, so I'm eager to follow this TR along! You have some great plans already, so exciting that you're staying at AKL-- I've always wanted to stay there! Love the shirts you've bought already!

Hi Kaitlyn, :welcome:and thanks for being here!

I’m looking forward to my solo trip and doing my own thing. Thanks! I’m looking forward to staying at AKL and pleased with my Disney purchases so far :thumbsup2

Another change

Soo I was sat here after a hard week at work and got thinking (this is dangerous...)

8FC04C40-1E0F-43F4-8E25-78790CBB21D1.jpeg

Anyway, I went online, started doing some calculations and realised I could stay at Beach Club for a similar price. However, there wasn’t a room available for the entire duration of my trip, which suited me just fine as I still wanted to stay at AKL for part of my stay.

Soo, I need to ring the reservations line in the morning to finalise things and put everything together but I will now be staying at...

CB49E90C-1CDA-48F3-A0C8-772420250F07.jpeg

Disney’s Beach Resort from 2nd-8th September and then moving to Animal Kingdom Lodge for the remainder of my stay from 8th-12th September 2020!!

party:

I’m really happy with my new plans as I get to be close to Epcot (which I love!) and DHS for the first part of my trip but get to enjoy AKL and the restaurants at that resort for the second part of my trip.

I now need to stay away from the online resorts reservations button!! :laughing:

Oooh, a split stay!!! How exciting!!! :hyper:

Sounds like you got the best of both worlds with the Beach Club/AKL combo!

Oooh, a split stay!!! How exciting!!! :hyper:

Sounds like you got the best of both worlds with the Beach Club/AKL combo!

I know, I'm super excited!! :banana:

That was my thinking behind it - I still wanted to enjoy the dining and ambience of AKL but be able to be within walking distance of Epcot...although seeing Stormalong Bay, I think I would be happy with a day just relaxing at the resort and enjoying a visit to Beaches&Cream :laughing:

Disney’s Beach Resort from 2nd-8th September and then moving to Animal Kingdom Lodge for the remainder of my stay from 8th-12th September 2020!!

How exciting!!! I think split stays are great! You get to experience two very different resorts- and they are lovely!!! Boma has become a favorite of ours for breakfast!! and we enjoy a walk around the savanah! Staying there will be amazing!

How exciting!!! I think split stays are great! You get to experience two very different resorts- and they are lovely!!! Boma has become a favorite of ours for breakfast!! and we enjoy a walk around the savanah! Staying there will be amazing!

I am looking forward to my split stay and experiencing two very different resorts - last time we spent our whole trip at Pop Century which was enjoyable. I’ve eaten at Boma for dinner but never for breakfast. I’ll have to make sure to add it to my list so I can experience it for myself!

AKL Update
So I was on the Disney website last night looking at my options (I’m telling you this is not the best thing to do when you can’t sleep :laughing:).

Anyway I noticed that I had booked the standard room for my stay in AKL in the hope I might’ve been upgraded. However, did I want to take that chance and risk not getting a savannah view for 4 nights :scratchin

My standard view

72BD1AB5-2CBF-41BA-9C20-86A44AE52046.jpeg

VS Savannah room view

4E07994A-3B16-4C2D-94A8-46F929D98483.jpeg

Of course I was upgrading! After all I was only going to be at AKL for 4 nights.

However, I then scroll further down and it’s only a marginal difference to book a Savannah view room with club level and as I would not have the DDP for this part of my stay it would’ve been rude not to take advantage of this! :lmao:

EF324470-CCD0-4999-8E32-1C9308CE784A.jpeg

Soo I am now staying Savannah view club level for my stay at AKL between 8th and 12th September 2020. It means slightly raising my Disney budget but it’ll be worth it and I can pay in instalments. I’m super excited!!

:jumping1:

I’m escaping Manchester for a weeks sun in Spain but can’t wait for my Disney trip even though I have a while to wait!

Have a lovely week
Tanz x

Soo I am now staying Savannah view club level for my stay at AKL between 8th and 12th September 2020. It means slightly raising my Disney budget but it’ll be worth it and I can pay in instalments. I’m super excited!!

Wow!! How exciting!! Savannah Club level will be great!! :cheer2:

I’m escaping Manchester for a weeks sun in Spain but can’t wait for my Disney trip even though I have a while to wait!

Enjoy Spain!!

Oh nice resort upgrades! I want to do AKL savannah view so bad!

Where in Spain are you headed? We were just in Estepona and loved it!

Oh nice resort upgrades! I want to do AKL savannah view so bad!

Thanks! I’m really looking forward to the savannah view...hopefully it’ll live up to its expectations.

Where in Spain are you headed? We were just in Estepona and loved it!

For this trip I’m in Malaga/Marbella but I have visited Tenerife and Barcelona on previous trips. I love my European city breaks! Ooh glad you enjoyed your stay in Estepona. I saw signs for it on my way back to Malaga from Marbella.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Fantasyland expansion since my last visit

You are going to have SO MUCH new stuff to experience. That will be so much fun.

I'm also looking forward to making all my reservations and dining plans, especially the character breakfasts/dinners!

Perusing the menus and dreaming about the meals is all part of the fun!

DISNEY’S ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE!!party:

You will love AKL. Never stayed Club Level but it sounds amazing!

Disney’s Beach Resort

A split stay with Beach Club is amazing. Stormalong Bay, Beaches and Cream, walking to Epcot or DHS. What a dream!
I’m escaping Manchester for a weeks sun in Spain

Jealous! I hope you share some pictures from your trip to Spain!

You are going to have SO MUCH new stuff to experience. That will be so much fun.

I know, I’m really excited! I keep going online to read about some of the updates. I’m slightly gutted I won’t get to experience Illuminations again as I really enjoyed the display last time.

Perusing the menus and dreaming about the meals is all part of the fun!

I forgot how much fun that is! I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve looked at menus and been like ooh yeah that looks good, then gone on DFB and changed my mind :rotfl:

No doubt it’ll change again on numerous occasions before I make my ADRs.

You will love AKL. Never stayed Club Level but it sounds amazing!

I read most of your trip report from your stay at AKL at work today (whilst I was actually working lol) and the view you had from your room was awesome.

I’m looking forward to experiencing club level, especially as I don’t have the dining plan during that part of my stay.

A split stay with Beach Club is amazing. Stormalong Bay, Beaches and Cream, walking to Epcot or DHS. What a dream!

I know, again I’m very excited about this aspect of my trip as well! Having Epcot, DHS and Boardwalk in walking distance is going to be so advantageous/fun.

Jealous! I hope you share some pictures from your trip to Spain!

I had an amazing time! I took photos that are on my Instagram but don’t think I’ll post them on here. I’ll message you my Instagram name though and you’re welcome to view them on there :goodvibes

Tentative dining plans
Hope you’re all having a nice weekend.

I’m feeling slightly delicate after a works night out. I’ve been watching Disney Food Blog videos and pencilling food plans...a bit early I know but they are very tentative plans.

So here goes...

Arrival evening - Raglan Road or D-Luxe (Paying out of pocket for this one)

3 September - Crystal Palace breakfast - loved this last trip and looking forward to starting this trip at MK, although that all depends on park times.

E8AF5302-219C-41B2-9BCE-605300EFF90D.jpeg

4 September - Dinner with the princesses at Akershus! princess:

E45D97D4-13B5-4D1A-83A4-ABE2DCB71543.jpeg

5 September - Dinner at 1900 Park Fare - I ate here for breakfast on my last trip and I’m looking forward to dinner here and the interaction with the Tremaine sisters.

6 September - California Grill - I loved my meal here last trip and absolutely fell in love with this dessert, Warm Valhrona Chocolate Cake. Hopefully, it will be just as heavenly as I remember :cloud9:

90CB7446-9421-46EF-88DA-0E44050506E6.jpeg

7 September - Be our guest lunch - I’ll admit I’ve spent so long looking at the lunch v dinner and if it’s worth the two credits. After much research (don’t shoot me) I’ve decided it’s not worth it for me as I’ve met beast on my last trip and don’t mind missing the meet with him for other meals. Also I preferred the look of the desserts available at lunchtime and I’m definitely a desserts person.

I’m looking forward to eating in the Beast’s enchanted castle.

8 September - Boma - I love this place and I’m looking forward to dining here.

This is when I move to AKL so I am toying with the idea of visiting Sanaa for the bread service (having access to the club lounge I don’t want to be paying for food on top if not needed).

I also may get an ADR for Tusker House for my second to last day as I enjoyed this on my last trip.

5D6D8BAD-6680-4B71-863E-971176939A28.jpeg

I’m sure these plans will get revised again before September 2020!! I have a few other trips planned before than to help pass the time.

I’m also looking forward to getting the following snacks as well as visiting the F&W festival booths in order to eat and drink my way around the world!

6D546564-8F62-474A-A3E7-756BA3C085BD.jpeg

B1CC6080-8835-43C0-8DDE-BC06C1765F00.jpeg

3207E38B-DCA9-4641-B799-DD05E1760F9F.jpeg

4E591130-47E8-4187-86AA-ECEBA2D463FE.jpeg

All this food talk has made me hungry so time for some house chores, before making lunch and relaxing with the Formula 1!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday
Tanz :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!