A Sister Wives Food & Wine 2019 Dining Adventure!- Update 7/1/2020- Nothing says Christmas like a Polynesian dinner! - Pg 4- Post 72

TeresaNJ

Full time stay at home crafter!
I love your Halloween window decorations--so cute! :goodvibes

Thank you! I even brought Christmas decorations because we were there when the changeover happened between Halloween & Christmas! They didn't work out as well though. They were mainly window clings and kept falling off the window! Next time I'll purchase better ones.
I love staying at Pop! We’re actually going to be there in September!

I have to say it went way beyond exceeding my expectations! For how upset I was about having to change my POFQ reservation to Pop, I wished I had known how much I was going to like it. My only other regret about the Value resorts is lack of a hot tub, as we do use that feature a lot during our WDW vacations, but for the price difference the values can't be beat, especially Pop. I wonder if they're going to jack up the price now that it's on the skyliner line.

weich1001

Wendi
I love how this trip and title kinda came about! It gave me a good belly laugh!

The Resort looks really nice and even though the room is just your basic hotel room, it looks modern and clean. Certainly what I have come to expect from Disney over the years...though I have read sometimes accommodations are not the greatest.

Even the food at PC looked fresh and tasty! Though my DH would say the best meal so far of your trip would have been the McD's Breakfast Platter...not sure why he's so crazy about it but anytime we are there for Breakfast, that's what he gets...and he's a happy camper!

Never heard of chocolate covering pineapple...

dolewhipandpixiedust

Mouseketeer
Yea I’m not sure. It’s definitely gone up but not to the point that it’s too much. This’ll be our first time there since the skyliner opened and I’m excited to try it because I love getting into Epcot through the IG instead of the front of the park

• kastoney

Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm
    Glad to see you got the room location at Pop you wanted. We haven't stayed there since Casey was 2 so its been a while but the new rooms look great. I'm a definite fan of the more modern and streamlined look they've been using. And love your window decorations. Such a great idea.

TeresaNJ

I love how this trip and title kinda came about! It gave me a good belly laugh!

The Resort looks really nice and even though the room is just your basic hotel room, it looks modern and clean. Certainly what I have come to expect from Disney over the years...though I have read sometimes accommodations are not the greatest.

Even the food at PC looked fresh and tasty! Though my DH would say the best meal so far of your trip would have been the McD's Breakfast Platter...not sure why he's so crazy about it but anytime we are there for Breakfast, that's what he gets...and he's a happy camper!

Never heard of chocolate covering pineapple...

I'm glad I could make you laugh, especially during this weird time in the world. I have to say mousekeeping did a good job of keeping our room clean throughout the week. I'm a neat freak anyway, so am always picking up, and straightening up. I drive my sister crazy, lol. I would say my husband wouldn't argue with your husband about the Breakfast Platter! You have to try the chocolate covered pineapple, assuming you like pineapple! The chocolate paired with the sweet pineapple is the perfect bite!
    Yea I’m not sure. It’s definitely gone up but not to the point that it’s too much. This’ll be our first time there since the skyliner opened and I’m excited to try it because I love getting into Epcot through the IG instead of the front of the park

I was super nervous about going on the Skyliner, and we did stop a few times for longer than I'd have liked, once when it was totally dark out, but honestly, it was so easy to get to Epcot and HS that I suffered a few anxious moments for the speed and ease of the Skyliner over the buses.
    Glad to see you got the room location at Pop you wanted. We haven't stayed there since Casey was 2 so its been a while but the new rooms look great. I'm a definite fan of the more modern and streamlined look they've been using. And love your window decorations. Such a great idea.

I definitely stressed out about the room for nothing. It was perfectly fine for the type of vacation we were doing this trip. I still love me my balconies and patios though, but we can't have what we want all the time, right? I really enjoyed shopping for our window decorations!

TeresaNJ

A Sister Wives Food & Wine 2019 Dining Adventure!
    October 29- November 6, 2019
    Weiners, Wings & Wine... Day 2, Wednesday, October 30, 2019... Part 1

We were up when we should have still been sleeping, because we had big plans for today. My sister wife would be landing at the airport at around 3:30, and we estimated ME would be dropping her off at Pop around 4:30ish, so we had a full day ahead of us to have some fun. My sister is definitely not a Star Wars fan, and told me she had absolutely no interest in visiting Galaxy's Edge, so we thought this would be the perfect time for us to check it out. Truth be told, I'm not a Star Wars fan either. In fact, I think I saw the first movie that was released way back when, but I barely remembered it. I didn't want to go into GE totally unknowledgeable, so I watched the original three movies in order to be up to speed. Little did I know that GE is based more on the newer movies and characters. Harry filled me in on anything he thought I needed to know. I humored him.

6:40am and all is well. We had to take the bus, as the Skyliner wasn't running that early.

We had a game plan. Go to Toy Story Land first, while the mass of crowds went to Galaxy's Edge, & do standby for Slinky Dog. Hey Howdy Hey!

We're looking pretty cheerful for not being seasoned rope droppers!

It was pretty cool watching the sun come up while in a park. That was a first for us.

We were dashing through the air by 7:30am. Not a bad wait at all!

And by the time we were off the sun had risen!

After Slinky Dog it was time for our FP for Toy Story Midway Mania. One of these days I'm going to whoop Harry's butt on this ride! He's always rubbing it in about how he always beats me. I have to study those YouTube videos showing how to get high scores!

I love seeing all the toys in Andy's backyard! So so cute!

Harry's been wanting to try this breakfast bowl at Woody's Lunchbox ever since he saw Tim Tracker's review. This definitely is not an appetizing photo. I'm so sorry. It tasted so much better than it looks. Harry loves creamed chip beef on home fries with onions, so this was right up his alley. We live in the land of diners, and this is definitely a diner specialty, so he's been eating it for years. He loves going out to breakfast, and always complains that I never want to go out to breakfast, and when we do, this is what he orders, about 9 times out of 10. Since I usually always choose the table service restaurants, I let him choose our breakfast this morning.

Breakfast Bowl- hearty portions of potato barrels smothered in smoked brisket country gravy, scrambled eggs and a sprinkling of green onions $8.79 We had a big day of eating ahead of us, so we had no problem sharing this. I'm not really a fan of creamed chip beef, as I think the gravy can sometimes taste too gluey or floury, but I have to say this was pretty tasty. The eggs were light and fluffy, and the potato barrels held up well to the gravy. Of course, I loaded it up with black pepper. I'd give it a 6/10.

Weather wise it was a little gloomy, so not the optimal photo taking lighting.

I haven't ridden A.S.S yet, :oops: :laughing: and I don't plan on it, just like I've never ridden the Mad Tea Party. Spinny rides are not my thing. Roller coasters, and rides that drop yes, rides that spin, no. It was nearing 8am, and time to head to a galaxy far far away.

Up next, Stranger Things...

kastoney

You are so right woody's breakfast certainly doesn't look great but man does it sound good!

• ariane37

Dis veteran
    There's actually a pop tart of sorts at Woody's I want to try but I always forget about it. I did have the adult lemonade or some adult drink they have there and it was delicious :drinking1

We've gotten to parks to see the sun come up once or twice and it really is neat! Haven't done it yet for ROTR but it's in the plan for our next trip which hopefully is June and if not, July :thumbsup2

I haven't ridden A.S.S yet, :oops: :laughing: and I don't plan on it, just like I've never ridden the Mad Tea Party. Spinny rides are not my thing.
    Same! I did ride it once with Steve when it first opened and I determined I didn't need or want to ride again. I did ask the boys if they wanted to ride when they first went to TSL and thankfully they said no.

TeresaNJ

You are so right woody's breakfast certainly doesn't look great but man does it sound good!
    I enjoyed the few bites Harry let me have, lol. I'm dying to try the grilled three cheese sandwich with the tomato basil soup. One of these days.

There's actually a pop tart of sorts at Woody's I want to try but I always forget about it. I did have the adult lemonade or some adult drink they have there and it was delicious :drinking1

We've gotten to parks to see the sun come up once or twice and it really is neat! Haven't done it yet for ROTR but it's in the plan for our next trip which hopefully is June and if not, July :thumbsup2

Same! I did ride it once with Steve when it first opened and I determined I didn't need or want to ride again. I did ask the boys if they wanted to ride when they first went to TSL and thankfully they said no.
    The lemon blueberry tart sounds right up my alley! We are planning on sunrising on our HS day to see ROTR, too. At least most of our group are. Me and my sister will be hanging back at the resort with the little guy, who will be 21 months old at the time of our July trip, and meeting up in the park a little later, if the trip actually happens, and the attractions are actually open. :scared:

TeresaNJ

Weiners, Wings & Wine- Don't touch that fuzzy tauntaun! ... Day 2, Wednesday, October 30, 2019... Part 2

I was much more excited about seeing Star Wars Galaxy's Edge than I thought I'd be, and I was a little sad that my sister wasn't going to be experiencing it with us. Originally I had made a reservation at Oga's Cantina in the evening during the week when she'd be able to come with us. She was adamant that she didn't want to go to HS, that she really doesn't like that park, and she definitely didn't want to go to SWGE. She does like to drink though, so I thought I'd entice her with that! Nope, that didn't work. She didn't want to waste any part of her trip there, so that's why we ended up going without her. On a side note, now that Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway opened she's dying to go to HS so she can ride it! Go figure! She is a huge Minnie fan though, and as a surprise I bought her the limited edition M&M RARW magic band for her birthday which was on April 7th. She loved it!

We were walking through the gates by 8:10am. It's not really a pretty land, am I right? Still amazing with the atmosphere and detail though. I was surprised at how not crowded it was. I was able to take quite a few people-less pics on our way to having breakfast with some very stranger than strange things!

I perused the extensive breakfast items on the menu of Oga's Cantina at home :rolleyes: so I knew what I was going to get to eat & drink. Definitely not the lip numbing drink! I love everything about the Fuzzy Tauntaun- peach vodka, peach schnapps, orange juice with tangerine, pure cane sugar, and “buzz button tingling” foam $16.00, but I'm certainly not paying that price to feel like I've just been to the dentist, and spending the rest of the morning either drooling, or having a panic attack because I can't feel my lips or tongue! Anyone else hate the effects of dental numbing agents? What an appetite inducing little creature that is in the green tank below! My sister does not know what she is missing!

These folks were the epitome of friendly Disney cast members...not. It didn't get any better, either. These were pretty much the faces on all of the staff the entire 20ish minutes we were in there.

If you want to get any good food pics in here, you better bring your own portable ring light. It is extremely dark. What we have here is your oh so photogenic Mustafarian Cinnamon Roll- sweet galactic delight $6.00 It wasn't sweet, it wasn't a delight, and it did not look galactic. It was so so dry that if I had gotten that Fuzzy Tauntaun, I would have been in real trouble! This needed a good dose of liquid to get it down it was so dry. You could hardly taste the cinnamon, there was barely a glaze, and I would not get this again, ever! Give me my Mickey's colossal cinnamon roll from the Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery in Animal Kingdom, or the cinnamon roll from Gaston's Tavern any day of the week
    -

What I did get to drink was the Blue Bantha- Blue Milk served chilled with Bantha-inspired Vanilla-Butter Sugar Cookie $13.00 So sorry again for the poor lighting. I'm smiling before I even took a bite because well, these pics are getting posted, so I have to try to look cute and like I'm having an amazing time, right? Don't mind my Haunted Mansion ears & shirt. I didn't make a mistake and think I was going to the MK. I know I probably should be wearing a Star Wars t-shirt (I don't own any), or at the very least a HS t-shirt, but it was October 30th, and I was in a Halloween mood, and when else do I get to wear these Halloween themed ears? So back to the blue milk and sugar cookie. Okay, I did not like the blue milk. I didn't hate it. It tasted like liquid Fruity Pebbles. Yuck. No. I gave it to Harry to drink along with his, wait for it, black coffee! The man pees black coffee. I've never seen anyone drink black coffee like he does. The sugar cookie, though, oh my goodness! That sugar cookie redeemed the entire experience. It was so delicious! Very buttery and vanilla-ey. Just the right amount of sweetness, and had a slightly chewy topping. It was so delicious that I didn't want to share! I'm serious. It was one of the best cookies I've ever had, ever.

Some random people.

My requisite Disney light fixture photo

And by 8:43 am we were outta there! We had a flight to catch!

We were inside the Millenium Falcon by 8:50 am and off by 9:10. It was crazy! I expected to have to wait much longer, but we pretty much walked on.

It was quite the bumpy ride! Harry & I were both engineers, so it was our job to push the buttons. Don't ask me why, I really wasn't paying attention, lol. I don't think it makes a difference whether you're pushing your buttons correctly or not, to be honest!

It was slightly more busy when we got off MFSR than when we got on! Wow, did we time that right!

Anyone else get nervous when you see these guys? It's so silly. I know they are cast members dressed as bad guys, the Stormtroopers, but I still get that nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach like I do when I see a police car driving behind me and I start wondering if I did something wrong, I slow down, I try to act attentive and keep my eyes on the road, and wonder are they following me? Disney does such a great job of putting you right in the story, don't they?

I think I'm running out of photo space, so continued in the next post!

TeresaNJ

Weiners, Wings & Wine- Are we finally getting to the weiner? ... Day 2, Wednesday, October 30, 2019... Part 3

We had no appointments to make droids or light sabers, but I do like to check out all the new Disney merchandise, so even though I was having a slight sugar crash from my Blue Bantha Sugar Cookie, and needed some real food to replenish my energy after such a long day yesterday, and waking up so early today, I made my way into Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities.

We entered around 9:15, and I was out by 9:18! Whaaatttt??? Shortest time I was ever inside a Disney shop ever!

You can't tell by these pics, but it was pretty crowded in there. I was like excuse me, excuse me, as we're all rubbing our stuff onto each other. :blush: I was trying to take artsy pretty pics without people's boobs and butts being in the frame, which took quite the maneuvering of my body.

Uh, we're not in Kansas anymore, Toto. This gave me the creeps, big time! Yea, a few more pics, and I'm going to find me my weiner!

Yes! I made it out safely! Why did I feel like I might be spirited away at any second to somewhere sinister while I was in there? I think I'll stick to Fantasyland instead of Star Wars Land!

We had Ronto Roasters at the top of our "Disney food we want to try" list ever since we started watching YouTube dining reviews of the Ronto Wrap. Practically every reviewer said it was amazing, and I haven't found a weiner that I haven't liked, so I was super excited to try this, and hungry!

Ronto Wrap- roasted pork and grilled pork sausage with peppercorn sauce and tangy slaw wrapped in pita $12.99

The grilled pork sausage was indeed tasty, with a snap to the outside, and juicy and flavorful on the inside. I love any kind of slaw as a dressing on sandwiches, but don't really care for it by itself as a side. This slaw was very good, and not too tangy, but there just wasn't enough of it. I would have preferred they spread the pita with the peppercorn spread, rather than dolloping it in the middle of the sandwich. The pork I could have left off. I'm not a fan of roast pork, and I'm not a fan of fat, and you see that peppered rim of fat around that piece of pork? I peeled it off. Harry really loved this. I liked it a lot, but next time I'm going to ask to leave the pork off, if I get my own wrap, and we're not sharing.

I also wanted to try the Nuna Turkey Jerky- choice of sweet or spicy $7.49 I was torn about which to pick, but went with the sweet. I love jerky, like really a lot. I had watched quite a few reviews on this, too, and mostly everyone said it was very dry and chewy. Well, maybe they just don't like jerky. I mean, it is dried out meat, so it's going to be naturally dry. I felt they were probably anti-jerky people, so I didn't listen and got it anyway. I'm not too proud of a person to not admit I made a mistake, and that they were right. If whoever came up with this thought this jerky was appetizing looking in any way, I don't know, maybe they have cataracts. The first thing that comes to mind when I see this picture is of a fossilized piece of rotting scaly fish. I wasn't wasting my $7.49 though. So I tried to take a bite. I was trying to not look like a Viking gnawing on a piece of carcass, as we were sitting at one of the outdoor tables with lots of people walking by. This is definitely not a first date food item! I manage to get a piece off, and now I'm chewing and chewing and chewing. I offer Harry some, and he's like, no thanks, it's all yours. After a few more attempts at this, I gave up. On to the next treat I'd been anxiously waiting to try!

I could not wait to try the Outpost Mix- colorful blend of sweet and spicy flavors, popped in coconut oil $6.49 from Kat Saka's Kettle. I have no idea who Kat Saka is, but I'm super happy she's making some delicious popcorn! Is Kat Saka even a woman? I'm just assuming.

I love popcorn so much, and I love Disney popcorn, or maybe I just love eating popcorn at WDW! I read and watched many reviews on this, too, and I'd say the reviews were about 50/50, but I can definitely say I really really liked this. It also kind of tasted like barely spicy Fruity Pebbles, but as long as I'm eating it, and not drinking it, all is good. I happily munched on this as we made our way out of Galaxy's Edge.

We haven't eaten here since it changed over from Pizza Plant to Pizzerizzo. Maybe we will on a future trip with the little guys.

I can't walk by the It's A Wonderful Life shop without stopping in, and I got my littlest grandson the cutest light up book!

I must have been feeling a little thirsty after that salty jerky & popcorn, so we stopped at the Trolley Car Cafe, and I got an iced Teavana Blueberry Black Tea Lemonade, and Harry got, you guessed it, a hot Pike Place Roast coffee. I'm not sure why I didn't take a pic of my drink. I guess I thought it wasn't very exciting, or I just forgot. I don't remember much about this drink. In fact, I forgot we even stopped here, and only know we did because I have a receipt that says we did. We aren't Starbucks people at home, to say the least, but when we're at WDW, it's just the thing to do, right?
    Pic courtesy of Google

We had one more FP to do before leaving HS, for an attraction that my sister has never stepped foot on, and vows she never will, but it's one of my favorites!

Oh my gosh, look at the table leg next to the cane. It looks like a creepy face is staring out!

Light fixture photo taking obsession continues.

As I'm writing this report, and looking at my pictures, and thinking about all the holding rooms in almost all of the attractions throughout the parks, I just don't know how Disney is going to do this when the parks finally re-open. Honestly, I can't even think about it. It gives me so much anxiety. I just want life back to normal, and I want WDW back to normal. :sad1: Sorry about the bummer moment right there.

Maybe I should reconsider wearing my ears on rides. I look like I'm saluting in every picture.

Have you ever seen such a creepy doll? What ever would be the purpose of making something like this? Here honey, look what Santa brought you for Christmas! :scared1: This beauty is behind the counter where you can purchase your PP photos after you emerge from the ride. I'd never noticed it before, so had to take a pic.

It was nearing noon, so we decided to do one of my favorite activities in all of WDW, ride a Friendship Boat! The plan for dinner was to eat around the world at Epcot with my sister wife once she arrived, so we didn't want to eat a big lunch, but knew we prob wouldn't get to Epcot until around 5:30 or so, and the half a ronto wrap just wasn't going to cut it. There was another food item that had been getting rave reviews recently, so the place that could be found was our destination. Hello beautiful Boardwalk! I have so many special spots around WDW that I just like to sit and relax and people watch, and this area is one of them.

May I present the ESPN Club's Ahi Tuna Nachos- wonton chips, Togarashi-dusted tuna, soy-sesame sauce, wasabi mayonnaise $16, and the ESPN Wings- Teamed up with your choice of Sauce - Hot, Mild, Barbecue, Teriyaki, Garlic Parmesan; 10 for $16 or 18 for $22 Both of these were seriously delicious, and really hit the spot! Harry & I shared. My mouth is drooling right now thinking about them. The wings were perfect, nice and crispy skin, with tender meat, and the ahi tuna nachos lived up to the ones we always get at Yak & Yeti. Wish I could have some right now!

Since we were right there, we couldn't leave without getting some ice cream from Ample Hills! I have no idea what flavors we got though. My receipt only says cake cone and waffle cone. I think Harry may have gotten the Ooey Gooey Butter Cake.

And maybe I got Nonna D's oatmeal lace? Who knows. All I know is that I love the ice cream here, and I'm sure we enjoyed it!

It was nearing 2pm, so time to start our way out through Epcot, and back to the resort to wait for Mary Ann to arrive! We could have taken the Skyliner, but since my sister was so excited to go on it for the first time, and I was so not excited to go on it, we decided to wait for her, and take the bus back.

Up next, a fun evening of food in Epcot!

• Derb

Mouseketeer
    That doll kind of looks like Lady Elaine Fairchild, the puppet from Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, but with different hair and no red nose!

TeresaNJ

Weiners, Wings & Wine- It's finally time for wine, and a Bloody Mary! ... Day 2, Wednesday, October 30, 2019... Part 4

My sister wife's ME bus arrived right on time, around 4ish, so we gave Mare a tour around Pop (meaning checking out the merchandise shop, one of our favorite WDW activities), then stopped by the room so she could freshen up, and then we were off! It really is a pretty walk along the lake to the Skyliner. I was a little nervous, if I'm being honest. I'm slightly claustrophobic, I really don't like elevators, but I use them, but the thought of being so high up in the air, enclosed in a little box, with no easy escape while up there, scared the bejeezus out of me!

Mary Ann was so excited though! I know if it wasn't for her I probably would have strictly stuck with the buses, but I'm so glad she encouraged (forced) me to go on!

Doesn't she look so cute all decked out in her Minnie polka dots! For those who want to know, she got her bag from QVC. It's a Lug, and still available. It really is the perfect bag! I so wanted it, but since we travel to WDW together so often, I didn't want to look like weird adult dress alike twins, LOL! So instead, I bought the backpack, the crossbody, and the belt bag all in the Crimson Dot pattern! Yes, I have a problem. Here's the link to my sister's bag. It's called the
    Lug Mixed Print Convertible Crossbody Bag in Crimson Dot.

Haha, you can see our reflections in the car ahead of us! We look like hitchhiking ghosts!

Taking off for the first time is quite the experience! You literally feel like you're taking off! It was pretty cool, and I felt like I was Wendy flying through the sky to Neverland! Coming home we did get stuck fairly high up, in the dark, for probably around 7 minutes, which felt like 70. Thankfully, I didn't have to practice my deep breathing techniques, and was able to remain relatively calm. It was very weird being stuck in the dark. We had a few other instances of stopping for a few minutes, but those were all in daylight, and so much less scary.

My sister is a happy girl! One of the things she was most excited about was returning to the Refreshment Port for a repeat of the amazing, the best we've ever had, Bloody Mary, and the beef brisket poutine that we had had during our spring Flower & Garden trip.

Barbecue Bloody Mary with Smoked Garlic Sausage and House-made Pickle Skewer served with a Mustard and Barbecue Rub Rim – $16.00 Okay, so this was good, but it was not as good as the one we had at the F&G Festival. We really didn't care for the BBQ rub rim, and it wasn't quite as tasty as our previous F&G Bloody Mary. Plus, we preferred the shrimp over the sausage! I'll post a photo and description of that one below this pic.

Stow Away Mary: Classic Bloody Mary with Absolut Vodka garnished with Pimento-stuffed Olives, Cherry Tomato, Celery, Jumbo Shrimp and Smokehouse Jerky

Mary Ann was starving, as she hadn't had anything to eat for hours, and she had her list ready for tonight!

Beef Brisket Poutine- This was as good as I remember from the F&G Festival, and when I checked my photos, looks exactly the same. We had also wanted to try the other poutine the Refreshment Port was offering during the F&G Festival last year, but we never did, and are sorry for it. It sounded so delicious. Here is the description- Coffee-rubbed Pork Poutine with Barbecue Demi-Glace, Fire-roasted Corn Relish and Cheese Curds. It wasn't offered during this F&W trip, and instead there was a choice of Duck Confit Poutine with Fig Demi Sauce and Brie Cheese Fondue. That sounds delicious, too, but sadly, we didn't stop back for that either. Just too many choices! We should have been leaving for WDW this Saturday, May 2nd, for another F&G trip, where we were happy to be able to try more Refreshment Port poutine, and as you are all aware, all May trips are cancelled. I'm really sad we won't get to see all the beautiful floral displays and try all the different F&G food booths, but at least we're not missing out on the poutine. It's not even listed on the F&G menu this year! I'm shocked! Instead, they were offering this- Fried Green Tomatoes with Blue Crab-Fennel Salad, Remoulade, and Smoked Paprika Oil. What the heck?

Not the most photogenic photo of Mare & Harry, but look at that view! It was such a beautiful evening!

Up next was Harry & I's first choice of the evening from the Hawaii booth. Hmmm, looking at that tuna, I'm not feeling it. It looks a little gray, and WTH are those crunchy wormy looking things?

Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet-and-Sour DOLE® Pineapple Chutney and spicy Mayonnaise- This was good, but a little on the small side. It got rave reviews, but I wouldn't go that far. It was a solid pulled pork, but nothing to write home about.

Grilled Tuna Tataki with Seaweed Salad, Pickled Cucumbers and Wasabi Cream. Yea, I was disappointed. It was not appetizing looking at all, but I guess it's the taste that counts. I wouldn't get this again. It just wasn't visually appealing, and when I'm eating almost raw seafood, I want it to look good, and not like it's been sitting for a while. I'll stick to my Ahi Tuna Nachos from Yak & Yeti, and the ESPN Club. Both of these items were $5.25

Just gorgeous! Oh to be back there right now, instead of stuck in my house for the last almost six weeks.

Up next, from the Wine & Dine Studio, Seared Scallops, Truffled Celery Root Purée, Brussels Sprouts and Wild Mushrooms- I love scallops, and I love mushrooms, and I love brussels sprouts, and I loved this! To me this is a perfect combo. Hoping it comes back for the 2020 F&W Festival, assuming they're having one. :worship: This was $6.25

Also from the Wine & Dine Studio, Butternut Squash Ravioli with Brown Butter Vinaigrette, Parmesan Cheese and Pumpkin Seeds- Yea, I don't know why we keep trying these pastas offered during the festivals. For one, I don't think they're worth the money, as the portions are usually pretty small, and they're never as good as I'm hoping they will be. This sounded absolutely delicious, and it was pretty good, I mean, it has parmesan cheese on it, and I love cheese of all kinds, it just wasn't worth $4.50. I think you should get at least four ravioli for that price, don't you? We'd probably skip this if it is offered again.

Whenever alcohol is involved, you can be sure it is something my sister ordered! She was very happy with this! This was also from the Wine & Dine Studio, and cost $11.25. You can get just the cheese trio for $5.50 Trio of Artisan Cheeses paired with Reata Chardonnay, Rainstorm Silver Linings Pinot Noir Rosé and Spellbound Petite Sirah
    Gorgonzola with Cow and Sheep’s Milk
    Artigiano Aged Balsamic & Cipolline Onion
    Italico

Up next, one of my favorite booths, where one of my favorite F&W Festival items is offered!

Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey-Caramel- $5.24 and Twinings Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea and Chocolate Shake- $5 Oh my gosh, look at that beauty! Now, understand, I am not a chocolate lover. I don't like chocolate ice cream. I don't crave chocolate. I'll occasionally eat a piece of dark chocolate. But I love this frozen chocolate truffle thingy! Maybe it's the textures. It just all works so well together, and isn't overly chocolatey. I do love me some caramel, though, and Karamel Kuche is probably my favorite place for treats in all of Epcot, so maybe the warm whiskey caramel addition is what makes this for me. Just saying that, warm whiskey carmel, makes me feel good all over!

And Mare loved her frozen chocolate shake! They sell an alcoholic version of this, with vodka, and I'm quite surprised she didn't go for that one. I guess she was pacing herself, and was making sure we weren't going to have to assist (carry) her out of Epcot!

So pretty! Honestly, WDW dissers, I don't mean dissers as in us DIS fans, I mean those that put down WDW as just an expensive & crowded amusement park for kids, truly don't know what they're missing, and I feel so sorry for them for their level of ignorance. :laughing:

My sister wife continued her carb load with Loaded Mac and Cheese with Neuske’s® Pepper Bacon, Cheddar, and Leeks- $5.25, from the Active Eats booth. Her & her husband, Vince, eat mainly keto when not vacationing, with an occasional carb splurge for special occasions, but all bets are off when at WDW! She is always kind enough to share, and this was really good! Nice and creamy, and the bacon and leeks gave it great flavor. Yum! I'd like this for lunch today please!

I'm so happy that she was so happy! She works really hard, and I was glad I could give her a few days of fun and relaxation (relatively speaking, as WDW is not quite a relaxing vacation, but you know what I mean), away from her stressful job. She felt bad that she was having such a great time while Vince was home and working, but hey, a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do! He was absolutely fine with it, and is fine with her coming with us on our upcoming July trip (please, to all the Gods, let things be safe enough that that can happen). Vince is coming with us in October for our mutual 20th wedding anniversary trip! So, what are these delicious things Mary Ann is so happy about?

From Shimmering Sips we have the Banana Almond Soft-serve Sundae made with Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almond milk, fresh Berries, and Chocolate Almond Streusel- $4.25

and the Frozen Mimosa featuring White Claw Natural Lime Hard Seltzer- $6 Both of these frozen sweet treats were the perfect ending to a perfect Food & Wine Festival night!

Up next, Eat, Drink & Be Scary!

Last edited:

ThreeBoyMama

DIS Veteran
    What a fun day at F&W! It's my favorite. Good for you for braving the Skyliner. I also don't care for heights and am mildly claustrophobic so totally get where you're coming from!

WL2000

Earning My Ears
    I got my email saying my dining reservations for mid-May were cancelled today. I knew they were coming, but it still made me sad. All you F&W pics gave me a smile I really needed today. :)

TeresaNJ

I noticed the link I gave for my sister's crossbody bag didn't work, so I fixed it if anyone is interested.

kastoney

hese were pretty much the faces on all of the staff the entire 20ish minutes we were in there.
    Ugh we had a similar experience at Oga's. I thought perhaps it was a "character" but I just think they were miserable and annoyed we were there

Anyone else get nervous when you see these guys? It's so silly. I know they are cast members dressed as bad guys, the Stormtroopers, but I still get that nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach like I do when I see a police car driving behind me and I start wondering if I did something wrong, I slow down, I try to act attentive and keep my eyes on the road, and wonder are they following me?
    Me too!!!! Makes zero sense because I know it is some guy living in a crappy apartment who is hungover but still gets me everytime

Ronto Wrap- roasted pork and grilled pork sausage with peppercorn sauce and tangy slaw wrapped in pita $12.99
    I really want to try this! Looks so good

May I present the ESPN Club's Ahi Tuna Nachos- wonton chips, Togarashi-dusted tuna, soy-sesame sauce, wasabi mayonnaise $16, and the ESPN Wings- Teamed up with your choice of Sauce - Hot, Mild, Barbecue, Teriyaki, Garlic Parmesan; 10 for $16 or 18 for $22 Both of these were seriously delicious, and really hit the spot! Harry & I shared. My mouth is drooling right now thinking about them. The wings were perfect, nice and crispy skin, with tender meat, and the ahi tuna nachos lived up to the ones we always get at Yak & Yeti. Wish I could have some right now!
    How did I not know that ESPN had ahi nachos too???? Will have to remember that

Coming home we did get stuck fairly high up, in the dark, for probably around 7 minutes, which felt like 70. Thankfully, I didn't have to practice my deep breathing techniques, and was able to remain relatively calm
    OMG this would terrify me. I'm terrified of heights and am already uneasy on getting on the skyliner!

Yum!!! This was the first thing we ever at at food and wine and its still one of my favorites

So pretty! Honestly, WDW dissers, I don't mean dissers as in us DIS fans, I mean those that put down WDW as just an expensive & crowded amusement park for kids, truly don't know what they're missing, and I feel so sorry for them for their level of ignorance. :laughing:
    Amen sister!

ncc1701

Scotty I need Warp 10 to WDW
    Mary Ann was so excited though! I know if it wasn't for her I probably would have strictly stuck with the buses, but I'm so glad she encouraged (forced) me to go on!
    You are a great Sis. As much as I love mine, she couldn't get me up on them. Her children might be a different story.

TeresaNJ

What a fun day at F&W! It's my favorite. Good for you for braving the Skyliner. I also don't care for heights and am mildly claustrophobic so totally get where you're coming from!

I still can't believe it myself that I went on it, and did it multiple times! You'd be surprised when it's the end of the day, and you're right near the International Gateway, and your choice is to walk all the way to the front of the resort, and then out to the buses, or just take a short hop, skip and jump to the Skyliner, and you get right on, to be whisked away to your resort. My fear of being stuck high in the air went right out the window!
    I got my email saying my dining reservations for mid-May were cancelled today. I knew they were coming, but it still made me sad. All you F&W pics gave me a smile I really needed today. :)

I'm so sorry. It really stinks. Are you able to reschedule?
    I’m pretty sure based on the blue streak in the ice Cream from ample hills that you might have had Munchies flavor!

Haha, no matter what flavor it was, it was good! Can't wait to go back and try some more!
    Ugh we had a similar experience at Oga's. I thought perhaps it was a "character" but I just think they were miserable and annoyed we were there

Yes, so unfriendly!

Me too!!!! Makes zero sense because I know it is some guy living in a crappy apartment who is hungover but still gets me everytime

Too funny!

I really want to try this! Looks so good
    How did I not know that ESPN had ahi nachos too???? Will have to remember that

We had no idea! We specifically went for the wings, because I kept seeing IG stories on how great they were, and so the ahi nachos were a bonus find! It was so quiet in there, too, in the mid-afternoon. A great way to just relax and have some good, reasonably inexpensive food.

OMG this would terrify me. I'm terrified of heights and am already uneasy on getting on the skyliner!

I used to be severely claustrophobic in elevators, and would always try to avoid them, until I worked 12 hour night shifts in the ICU. By 4am we'd all be so tired. It was the witching hour for us nurses. We'd have to draw labwork throughout the night for different patients, and bring them down to the lab. I'd always volunteer, and pray that the elevator would get stuck so I could take a nap! I figured they'd find me eventually. :rotfl2: Of course, it never happened.
    You are a great Sis. As much as I love mine, she couldn't get me up on them. Her children might be a different story.
    Haha, honestly, once I did it, it wasn't too bad. I'd never get on it alone, though. At least I don't think I would. No, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.