A Solo Trip: Is It Spring Or Winter? Feb. 25-Mar. 3, 2018! *COMPLETED 6/9/18*

Day 6: Flower & Garden Festival - Part 3!

As I made my way into France, I came across the Beauty and the Beast topiaries!

I would then make my way into England where I would come across the Captain Hook and Peter Pan topiary! I really miss the Peter Pan topiary being on one of the buildings.

I would also find the Tinker Bell topiary!

As I made my way into Canada, I came across the Winnie the Pooh topiaries. Here is the Tigger topiary.

The Rabbit topiary!

Eeyore and Piglet topiary!

Winnie the Pooh topiary!

I would then stop at the Northern Bloom Booth in Canada.

This is where I would try the Seared Scallops. This would cost me $6.50. I thought this was good, but I wasn’t a big fan of the sauce. It also wasn’t the biggest portion for $6.50.

I would finally meet back up with Lesley where we would then try what would become my favorite food item from this festival that I tried.

We would make our way to the Honey Bee-stro Booth.

This is where I would try the Local Wildflower Honey Mascarpone Cheesecake. This cost me $4.75. This was absolutely delicious! You could barely taste the honey. This was also very light and refreshing. Easily the best dish I had on the festival.

The next booth I would try is the Pineapple Promenade Booth.

This is where I would try a non-alcoholic beverage. That is the Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade. This cost me $4.25. This drink was good, but it was way to sweet for my liking.

EPCOT really is beautiful during the Flower and Garden Festival.

Lesley and I would then decide to go on one ride before we would go our separate ways. So, we would make our way towards the Mexico Pavilion where I would come across the Three Caballeros topiary!

When we got inside the Mexico Pavilion, we noticed the displays for Coco. I absolutely love this movie!

We would then make our way to the Gran Fiesta Tour, and this would turn into a boat ride that Lesley and I would probably want to forget quickly.

Lesley and I were seated in a boat with a large group that didn’t understand that the rows they were told to sit in were rows 2 and 3. Instead, they wanted to sit in rows 1, 2, 3, and 4. This really should have been warning sign #1. The Cast Members were really trying to get us in with this group when there was literally no line behind us. Well, the group finally listened and Lesley and I were placed in the front row. As the ride started, we were literally sitting right in front of a group that probably had way to much to drink (alcohol). So, lets just say that this was the longest 10-minute ride on the Gran Fiesta Tour that I have ever had.

At this point, this is when Lesley and I would split ways. Lesley was staying in EPCOT, and I had plans to go to the Magic Kingdom. So, we would say our farewell since our schedules would not work out the next day, but we would see each other again on one of my other Disney adventures. To read about that adventure of mine, check out my other trip report currently going on (link in the bio).

Lesley…It was great getting to see you! It’s awesome that our solo trips worked out being at the same time, and our trips turned into not being all “solo!” I look forward to possibly hanging out on another one of my Disney adventures with you in the future!

So, it was time to make my way towards the front of the park!

I found the Figment topiary!

I also found the Stitch topiary!

It was time to exit EPCOT!

I would then make my way towards the monorail where I would then make my way to the Magic Kingdom!

Stay tuned for more updates from this amazing day at Walt Disney World!

VIDEOS: Voices of Liberty!

Here are some videos of the Voices of Liberty that I filmed on this great day that I was in EPCOT. The Voices of Liberty are my favorite thing to see or do at Walt Disney World. They are absolutely amazing!

Make sure you watch my videos in HD.

Voices of Liberty - “You’ll Never Walk Alone!”

You’ll Never Walk Alone is in my top 3 favorite songs that the Voices of Liberty sing. This song was also haunting me on this trip. That is because the first day I went to see the Voices of Liberty, I walked in after one of their sets and they had just performed this song. The next day that I walked in to see the Voices of Liberty, I caught the very end of the song which is an amazing tenor solo. At this point, I was determined to hear my favorite song! Finally, on this day to EPCOT, I finally got to hear one of my favorite songs and the solo would be performed by one of my favorite Voices of Liberty singers.

Voices of Liberty - “God Bless The U.S.A!”

Here is the Voices of Liberty performing “God Bless The U.S.A!”

Voices of Liberty - “Back Home Again in Indiana!"

Here is the Voices of Liberty performing “Back Home Again in Indiana!”

Voices of Liberty - “America The Beautiful!”

Here is the Voices of Liberty performing “America The Beautiful!” The Voices of Liberty actually have two different versions of this song. One of the versions closes their set, but this is the version that they use to open their set on occasion.

I hope that you enjoyed the videos!

Eventually, @Lesley Wake would join me once again at one of the performances for the Voices of Liberty. She hadn’t seen a full performance of the Voices of Liberty so I made sure to save her a spot front and center for when she arrived. She also got to hear an awesome set with the Voices of Liberty finishing with one of my favorite songs, “The Battle Hymn of the Republic!"
It was pretty wonderful!

This is where I would try the Local Wildflower Honey Mascarpone Cheesecake. This cost me $4.75. This was absolutely delicious! You could barely taste the honey. This was also very light and refreshing. Easily the best dish I had on the festival.

Still so yummy!

This is where I would try a non-alcoholic beverage. That is the Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade. This cost me $4.25. This drink was good, but it was way to sweet for my liking.

You didn't get a flower either! Must have been an unexperienced CM!

As the ride started, we were literally sitting right in front of a group that probably had way to much to drink (alcohol). So, lets just say that this was the longest 10-minute ride on the Gran Fiesta Tour that I have ever had.
I don't even know if alcohol was a factor or if they were just that rude normally! At least most of them quieted down when I asked them, just that one woman was horrible!

It was pretty wonderful!

Still so yummy!

You didn't get a flower either! Must have been an unexperienced CM!

I don't even know if alcohol was a factor or if they were just that rude normally! At least most of them quieted down when I asked them, just that one woman was horrible!
- Glad you enjoyed my favorite entertainment at Walt Disney World!

- I can still taste that cheesecake...maybe lol. :D

- I didn't know I was supposed to get a flower! I didn't get my moneys worth!

- True...I just assumed it was.

I agree about that cheesecake I really liked it. I am not sure it was my favorite though. The macaron in France was pretty great.
I never tried the macaron. I'm usually a person that is scared to try something "new" especially when it comes to food. This festival does get me to try a few things, but it usually depends on the ingredients for me.

After reading your TR, I made a point to take time to see the Voices of Liberty. First show , I missed the beginning but saw most of it but I made sure to get there early for the next show to get a good spot and see the whole performance . So glad I did !

After reading your TR, I made a point to take time to see the Voices of Liberty. First show , I missed the beginning but saw most of it but I made sure to get there early for the next show to get a good spot and see the whole performance . So glad I did !
I'm so happy that you got to see the Voices of Liberty and that you enjoyed their performances!!! :) I would be very much interested to find out what songs you heard them sing.

Day 6: An Evening At The Magic Kingdom!

I would make my way up to the monorail platform where I would travel to the Ticket and Transportation Center before boarding an express monorail to the Magic Kingdom!

This was an evening with an amazing Florida sunset!

I would make my way into the Magic Kingdom, and I was off to Fantasyland!

While at EPCOT, I booked a fastpass to take a cruise around the world. That means it was time for me to get “It’s A Small World” stuck in my head!

After riding It’s A Small World, I would go see Mickey’s Philharmagic. As a musician, this is one of my favorite things to do in the Magic Kingdom. Maybe that is because Mickey is an orchestra conductor in the film. :D

It was time to make my way into Tomorrowland for my final ride in the Magic Kingdom on this trip. The PeopleMover gets that honor!

It was time for me to adventure to the Hub to magically find a spot for Happily Ever After!

More in my next post!

Day 6: I Attempt Two Shows AT Two Theme Parks…AGAIN!

Call me crazy! While I was in EPCOT earlier in the day, I decided that I wanted to see Illuminations one more time. However, I have started a tradition of seeing Happily Ever After on my final night of the trip. The message behind Happily Ever After is a great way to end any vacation. So, I decided to look at there schedule and realized Illuminations would perform one hour after Happily Ever After like my first night at Walt Disney World.

Now, attempting that one time was crazy. Imagine trying to attempt that twice. Anyways, that’s what I decided!

So, I continued to wait for Happily Ever After close to Casey’s.

I would have to magically get through all of these people when leaving the Magic Kingdom in about 20 minutes.

Happily Ever After would begin.

Enjoy the pictures of the show:

Here is when the moment of truth begins! Would I make it to EPCOT in time to see Illuminations?

The show would finish, and it was time to make my way to the front of the Magic Kingdom. I decided to walk through the shops to avoid the crowds down Main Street.

I would reach Town Square, and I would say my farewell to the Magic Kingdom!

So, the last time I attempted this, I went to the ferry boat instead of the monorail. I saw about 4 monorails go by before the ferry even departed from the dock. On that attempt, I barely made it to EPCOT.

So, I elected to give the monorail a try on this attempt.

I would get up to the monorail, and I would wait FOREVER for a monorail to arrive. It wasn’t that long, but when you are in a hurry, everything takes forever. I would wait about 12 minutes to finally get on a monorail. However, about 5 minutes before I boarded the monorail, I noticed the ferry depart from the dock. I was not a happy person at this point. I was actually considering giving up on the idea this time, because it was going to take a miracle for me to get all the way to EPCOT in 30 minutes. I elected to keep going!

I would arrive at the Ticket and Transportation Center with about 25 minutes until EPCOT closes for the evening and the start of Illuminations.

I would quickly make my way over to the EPCOT monorail. However, there was no monorail in sight. It would take about 12 minutes for the monorail to arrive. I would board the monorail and just pray that I would make it in time. I had about 12 minutes to make it into EPCOT and to World Showcase.

Now, the EPCOT monorail from the Ticket and Transportation Center to EPCOT is about a 7 minute trip if I remember correctly. I still had to make it through security. All I can say is this was going to be really close!!!

I would arrive at the Ticket and Transportation Center at 9:55 p.m. I had 5 minutes to make it to World Showcase!!!

I rushed to security and I would make it into EPCOT with 3 minutes to spare!

It was time for the dash to World Showcase!

Magically, I was walking up to World Showcase when the speech for Illuminations began. I would find a spot to enjoy my favorite nighttime show at Walt Disney World between the entrance to World Showcase and the Mexico Pavilion.

Enjoy some pictures of Illuminations: Reflections of Earth:

After a great show, I was exhausted. I would take a rest for a little bit before following the crowd out of EPCOT.

I would make my way to the All-Star Music bus where I would head back to my room and pack. That is because I would leave Walt Disney World the next day. I would still have some park time, so stay tuned to find out which Disney Theme Parks I would travel to the next day.

More in my next post!

VIDEO: Happily Ever After Finale!

Here is a video of the “Go the Distance” segment and the finale of Happily Ever After at the Magic Kingdom. I really like this show a lot, and the last 4 minutes of this show is one of the reasons why I like it so much!

Make sure you watch my video in HD!

Magic Kingdom: Happily Ever After Finale!

I hope that you enjoyed the video!

More in my next post!

VIDEOS: Illuminations: Reflections of Earth!

Here are a couple videos of Illuminations: Reflections of Earth at EPCOT. This show is my favorite nighttime show at Walt Disney World. That is mostly due to the soundtrack, but I also really enjoy the firework segments of the show.

EPCOT - Illuminations: Reflections of Earth - Fireworks Sequence!

Here is the video of the fireworks sequence before the finale of the Illuminations: Reflections of Earth.

EPCOT - Illuminations: Reflections of Earth - “We Go On!”

The finale of Illuminations: Reflections of Earth is one of the reasons I enjoy this show so much. That is mostly because the song “We Go On” is a great way to end this show.

I hope that you enjoyed the videos

Stay tuned for updates from Day 7 of my amazing solo trip to Walt Disney World!

Day 7: My Final Day At Walt Disney World - Part 1!

Hi everyone and welcome to the final day of my awesome Walt Disney World vacation! This is always a sad day since it’s the day I have to leave one of my favorite places, but I still had a few hours to enjoy Walt Disney World. So, I was off to my favorite Walt Disney World Theme Park!

I would arrive at Disney’s Animal Kingdom pretty early since it was time for Extra Magic Hours!

Along with everyone, I made my way to Pandora! I love how the sunrise reflected off of the floating mountains this morning.

I would get in line for Flight of Passage, and I would eventually come across the floating Avatar animatronic.

After an amazing ride on a banshee, it was time to see some real animals on the Kilimanjaro Safari! This would be my first fastpass of the day.

Enjoy the pictures I took from this safari:

This is the first time I have ever seen more than one male elephant in the male elephant area.

We would come across the female elephants.

I finally saw the lions!!!

A bunch of Pumba’s (warthogs).

Well, my final safari for this trip was over. I would never have the chance to see the new baby hippo that was recently born. So, that was disappointing, but I still enjoy going on the safari because each safari is different!

I would then make my way into the Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail where I would find some gorillas! :)

It was time for me to experience something new at Walt Disney World. For that to happen though, I would have to get on the Rafiki’s Planet Watch train. I would get on the first train of the day since this opens a couple hours after the park opens for the day.

There was a long line for the first train of the day, but I was lucky to get on.

I would finally arrive at Rafiki’s Planet Watch!

It was time for me to sign-up for the “new” experience that I was excited to try at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. That is a free guided tour of two of four different aspects of the backstage area for animals. That could be anything from the hospital to the insect building.

I was lucky enough to get a spot on the first tour of the day, but it also seemed like not a lot of people knew about this tour.

I would have 45 minutes to wait for the first tour, so I was able to catch a bird getting checked in the veterinary hospital room.

So, it was now time for the tour, and we were given these VIP guest badges that we were not allowed to keep at the end of the tour.

No pictures were allowed on the tour.

My tour would go through the veterinary hospital, as well as, the insect room. That was really interesting for me, because I do not like bugs at all. I thought this tour was really cool. It lasted about 30-40 minutes, and I got to learn a lot about how the veterinary process works at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

Sadly, I hear this tour is ending soon or has already ended. I really hope Disney brings back this experience.

It was then time to head back to Africa, so i made my way back to the train.

It was lunch time, and I decided my final meal at Walt Disney World would be at Satu’li Canteen.

I would get a chicken bowl, and this is absolutely delicious! Satu’li Canteen is now my favorite quick service location on Walt Disney World property.

After lunch, it was time to use my second fastpass of the day on Expedition Everest!

Next, I had to go see the baby tiger cubs at the Maharajah Jungle Trek.

Sadly, they were asleep, and you can barely see them in these pictures. They are growing so fast!

More in my next post!

Day 7: My Final Day At Walt Disney World - Part 2!

After seeing the tigers, I would make my way past my favorite view of the Tree of Life.

It was time to see my favorite show one more time on this trip! That is the Festival of the Lion King! This would also be my final fastpass of this trip.

It was time to leave my favorite Walt Disney World Theme Park and head to my next park of the day.

I would board a Yacht and Beach Club bus and make my way to EPCOT. I would enter through the International Gateway entrance.

I had one reason for this trip to EPCOT, and I’m sure all of you have already figured it out. I wanted to go say my farewell to the Voices of Liberty. So, I made my way to the American Adventure to enjoy 3 performances of my favorite singing group.

After saying my farewell to the Voices of Liberty, it was time to make my way out of EPCOT. That is because I had to get back to my resort to catch Disney’s Magical Express to MCO.

As I was leaving, I would stop at the Refreshment Outpost to get a frozen lemonade.

At this point, I would exit EPCOT and travel back to All-Star Music to catch Disney’s Magical Express to the airport.

More in my next post!

VIDEOS: Voices of Liberty!

Here are some videos of the Voices of Liberty that I took on my final day at Walt Disney World!

Voices of Liberty - “Ol’ Man River!”

Here is the Voices of Liberty singing “Ol’ Man River!” It had been years since I heard them sing this song until this trip. This was an amazing version of this song!

Voices of Liberty - “He’s Gone Away!”

Here is the Voices of Liberty singing a great ballad called “He’s Gone Away!"

Voices of Liberty - “Gonna Build A Mountain!”

Here is the Voices of Liberty singing “Gonna Build A Mountain!” This was the last song I would hear on this trip.

I hope that you enjoyed the videos.

More in my next post!

Day 7: Traveling Home!

Sadly, it was time to leave Walt Disney World.

I would arrive to MCO where I would get through security rather quickly. I was a little surprised based on some of the waits I’ve had to experience on recent trips.

After getting through security, I would grab some dinner at Chipotle which is in the Southwest terminal.

Then it was time to board the plane.

It was time to go home!!!

I would watch a few episodes of Band of Brothers before landing back in my hometown!

It felt good to be home!

At this point, this is where I will be stopping my updates from this trip to Walt Disney World. I do have an overview of the resort I stayed at which will be posted soon, as well as, my conclusion of this trip report. So, stay tuned for those updates!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!