A Solo Trip: Is It Spring Or Winter? Feb. 25-Mar. 3, 2018! *COMPLETED 6/9/18*

AMusicLifeForMe

DIS Veteran
A Solo Trip: Is It Spring Or Winter?

Introduction!

Hello everyone and welcome to my next trip report! You will be embarking on a trip that I have planned within a week and a half of my departure. This seems to be the way that I plan most trips these days. I enjoy just going down whenever I possibly can, but it makes planning very stressful. Despite planning things really fast, I have scheduled a very busy schedule while at Walt Disney World for myself.

A picture of me while on the Wild Africa Trek at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

A LITTLE ABOUT ME…

My name is Zach, and I grew up 20 minutes away from the Happiest Place On Earth (Disneyland) before choosing to go to school in Kansas. I still wonder why I left Disneyland for a school in a colder climate? So, Disneyland is where my love for Disney began at a very young age. We would go to Disneyland about 2 times a week for most of my life.

I really like music (my Disboards name might answer that), and I actually got my degree in Music Education. I play several instruments (saxophone and piano), and I also sing. For this reason, I really like seeing shows more than riding attractions while at Disney Theme Parks. Even if I like shows more than attractions, I will still find myself going on rides.

Favorite Disney Theme Parks: Disneyland, Disney's Animal Kingdom (WDW).
Favorite Disney Theme Park Show: Festival of the Lion King.
Favorite Disney Parade: Main Street Electrical Parade.
Favorite Disney Theme Park Nighttime Show: Illuminations.
Favorite Disney Theme Park Attractions: Big Thunder Railroad, Expedition Everest, and Flight of Passage.
Favorite Disney Theme Park Entertainment: Voices of Liberty!
Favorite Disney Movies: Lion King and Toy Story (1, 2, and 3).
Favorite Disney Songs: Anything from the Lion King, A Whole New World (Aladdin), Santa Fe (Newsies - Broadway version), Seize the Day (Newsies), Go the Distance (Hercules), You've Got A Friend In Me (Toy Story), and many more.

PAST TRIP REPORTS:

• A Trip Around The World + A Fantasy Trip to Paradise! *COMPLETED 8/24/17*
  • A “Food and Non-Alcoholic Drink” Festival For Me! *COMPLETED 10/1/17*
  • A Solo WDW Adventure: New Experiences, Repeat Highlights, & More! *COMPLETED 12/20/17*
  • A Solo Trip: It’s the Spirit of the Season at the Disneyland Resort! *COMPLETED 1/26/18*
  • Taking A First Timer To Walt Disney World! *COMPLETED 4/8/18*

A picture of Mickey and I while on a Disney Cruise during the summer of 2017.

MORE ABOUT THIS TRIP:

This will be a solo trip for me. I have been doing a lot of solo trips lately which is becoming my favorite way to travel to Walt Disney World. It’s always nice to travel with a family member or a friend, but I have really enjoyed being able to do what I want to do when traveling to Disney.

I will be spending 6 nights at All-Star Music which has come to be my favorite All-Star Resort. I will also get to experience a couple new things at Walt Disney World that I haven’t done before. Some of those being an Atlanta Braves Spring Training baseball game and the Caring For Giants Tour.

I hope that you enjoy…A Solo Trip: Is It Spring Or Winter?

Last edited:
Table Of Contents:

1. Introduction
2. Live Updates! (Pages 1-4)
Day 1: Travel Day!
4. Day 1: A Busy First Day At Walt Disney World!
5. Day 1: Two Parks AND Nighttime Shows In One Hour!
6. VIDEO: Farewell to the Pirates of the Caribbean Auction Scene (Final Day)!
7. Day 2: Animal Kingdom - Part 1!
8. Day 2: Animal Kingdom - Part 2!
9. Day 2: EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
10. VIDEO: Voices of Liberty - “Battle Hymn of the Republic!"
11. Day 2: All Three Disney’s Hollywood Studios Nighttime Shows!
12. Day 2: A Short Trip To Disney Springs!
13. Day 3: The Best Disney Day Ever - Part 1!
14. Day 3: Festival of Fantasy Parade!
15. Day 3: The Best Disney Day Ever - Part 2!
16. Day 3: Illuminations: Reflections of Earth (Rose & Crown Viewing Area)!
17. Day 3: The Best Disney Day Ever - Part 3!
18. Day 4: A Beautiful Day At Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
19. Day 4: Spring Training! Isn't It Winter?
20. VIDEO: Atlanta Braves Saxophone Quartet - “Take Me Out to the Ballgame!”
21. Day 4: An Evening At Disney’s Animal Kingdom!
22. Day 5: Good Morning From Africa And Asia!
23. Day 5: Caring For Giants Tour + My Favorite Show!
24. Day 5: Disney Springs!
25. Day 5: A Jazzy Night At EPCOT!
26. VIDEOS: U.S. Army Jazz Ambassadors At EPCOT - 1st Show!
27. VIDEOS: U.S. Army Jazz Ambassadors At Epcot - 2nd Show!
28. Day 5: Disney After Hours!
29. VIDEO: An AMAZING Experience - A PRIVATE Jungle Cruise!!!
30. Bonus Post: The Lion King in Kansas City!
31. Day 6: Flower & Garden Festival - Part 1!
32. Day 6: Flower & Garden Festival - Part 2!
33. Day 6: Flower & Garden Festival - Part 3!
34. VIDEOS: Voices of Liberty!
35. Day 6: An Evening At The Magic Kingdom!
36. Day 6: I Attempt Two Shows AT Two Theme Parks…AGAIN!
37. VIDEO: Happily Ever After Finale!
38. VIDEOS: Illuminations: Reflections of Earth!
39. Day 7: My Final Day At Walt Disney World - Part 1!
40. Day 7: My Final Day At Walt Disney World - Part 2!
41. VIDEOS: Voices of Liberty!
42. Day 7: Traveling Home!
43. All-Star Music Overview!
44. Conclusion!

Last edited:

Joining in since I'm doing a solo trip in October and super nervous about it.
Thanks for joining in! Solo trips are awesome, but it can be scary for your first one. I’ve done some other solo trip reports with one being around the October time. Feel free to check that one out. All of my trip reports are in my signature.

Hello everyone!!! I have arrived to 80+ degrees! For those of you who are following my other trip report know how cold my previous trip was.

My first flight of the day was to Atlanta which I can say had the worst turbulence I have ever experienced.

I would have a layover in Atlanta before heading to Orlando.

I arrived in Orlando about 15 minutes early, but our plane couldn’t pull up to the gate until we were 10 minutes late. So, that was 25 minutes just sitting and waiting.

I arrived at Disney’s Magical Express to the longest line for the All-Stars I have ever seen. I was expecting to wait 30-40 minutes since it was at least a 2 bus wait. Well, Disney drove up 2 busses specifically for the All-Star Resorts so my wait was only 5 minutes. Our bus also left with it only being half full.

I’m going to Walt Disney World!!! :)

Last edited:
Let it be known that you can see Happily Ever After and Illuminations in the same night if the schedule works out. However, I booked it out of Magic Kingdom, because I had 50 minutes to make it to World Showcase!

I made it! However, I just saw Illuminations where the Earth didn’t work for the final 3/4ths of the show. That is by far the weirdest performance of my favorite nighttime show that I have ever seen!

Anyways, it has been a great first day! I’m ready for tomorrow!

Love your live reports. Helps with my own count down to my next solo trip (134 days!!)
Neat to see both of those night time shows though. Can't wait to hear about tomorrow.

Love your live reports. Helps with my own count down to my next solo trip (134 days!!)
Neat to see both of those night time shows though. Can't wait to hear about tomorrow.
Thanks! I enjoy giving live reports.

It was crazy. I wouldn't recommend seeing both shows in one night unless you are up for the challenge. To much stress to end a pretty relaxing but busy day for me. HEA started at 7:55 p.m. and Illuminations was at 9 p.m. I watched HEA from just in front of Casey's on Main Street. I would then make the mistake of going to the TTC by ferry boat than on the monorail. So, I probably wasted 10-15 minutes just with that decision alone. I entered EPCOT within 5 minutes of it closing and was walking up to World Showcase as the EPCOT pre-show speech started.

Good morning from Animal Kingdom! It’s Extra Magic Hours this morning, and I am currently in the Flight of Passage queue.

Animal Kingdom would open to resort guests at 8 a.m. I would walk up to Pandora at 7:35 this morning to Pandora already being open. I was shocked since I haven’t seen them open Pandora early for Extra Magic Hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!