A Solo Trip: Mickey Has A Cousin? August 10-17, 2018! *UPDATED 8/29!*

Discussion in 'Disneyland Trip Reports' started by AMusicLifeForMe, Aug 10, 2018.

1. AMusicLifeForMe

AMusicLifeForMe DIS Veteran

A Solo Trip: Mickey Has A Cousin?

Introduction!

Hello everyone and welcome to my next Disneyland Trip Report!!! This is going to be another solo trip for me. I’m originally from Southern California, and that means I’m excited to get back to my “home” area and experience many aspects of Southern California. Of course, I would have to spend several days at the Happiest Place on Earth, Disneyland!!! :)

[​IMG]

A picture of me on my most recent Walt Disney World trip!

A LITTLE ABOUT ME:

My name is Zach, and I grew up 20 minutes away from the Happiest Place On Earth (Disneyland) before choosing to go to school in Kansas. I still wonder why I left Disneyland for a school in a colder climate? [​IMG] So, Disneyland is where my love for Disney began at a very young age. We would go to Disneyland about 2 times a week for most of my life.

I really like music (my Disboards name might answer that), and I actually got my degree in Music Education. I play several instruments (saxophone and piano), and I also sing. For this reason, I really like seeing shows more than riding attractions while at Disney Theme Parks. Even if I like shows more than attractions, I will still find myself going on rides.

Favorite Disney Theme Parks: Disneyland, Disney's Animal Kingdom (WDW).
    Favorite Disney Theme Park Show: Festival of the Lion King.
    Favorite Disney Parade: Main Street Electrical Parade.
    Favorite Disney Theme Park Nighttime Show: Illuminations.
    Favorite Disney Theme Park Attractions: Big Thunder Railroad, Expedition Everest, and Flight of Passage.
    Favorite Disney Theme Park Entertainment: Voices of Liberty!
    Favorite Disney Movies: Lion King and Toy Story (1, 2, and 3).
    Favorite Disney Songs: Anything from the Lion King, A Whole New World (Aladdin), Santa Fe (Newsies - Broadway version), Seize the Day (Newsies), Go the Distance (Hercules), You've Got A Friend In Me (Toy Story), and many more.

PAST TRIP REPORTS:

• A Trip Around The World + A Fantasy Trip to Paradise! *COMPLETED 8/24/17*
    • A “Food and Non-Alcoholic Drink” Festival For Me! *COMPLETED 10/1/17*
    • A Solo WDW Adventure: New Experiences, Repeat Highlights, & More! *COMPLETED 12/20/17*
    • A Solo Trip: It’s the Spirit of the Season at the Disneyland Resort! *COMPLETED 1/26/18*
    • Taking A First Time to Walt Disney World! *COMPLETED 4/8/18*
    • A Solo Trip: Is It Spring Or Winter? *COMPLETED 6/9/18*
    • When Pixar Invades the Disneyland Resort! *COMPLETED 8/6/18*
    • A Solo Trip: The Heartbeat of Freedom! *CURRENTLY UPDATING*

[​IMG]

A picture of me on my most recent Walt Disney World trip!

MORE ABOUT THIS TRIP:

I will be spending a week in California. I have many fun activities planned outside of going to Disneyland like concerts, sporting events, and California sight-seeing! :)

I got an incredible rate at the Hilton Anaheim by the Convention Center. It was to good of a rate to pass up. So, I will be walking distance to Disneyland every single day of my trip. I’m really excited to try the Hilton for the first time!

I will be spending a total of 4 1/2 days at Disneyland. I’m looking forward to seeing my favorite Disney Theme Park, as well as, experience several new things like Pixar Pier for the first time.

I hope that you enjoy…
    A Solo Trip: Mickey Has A Cousin?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    DLo, Micca, wiscbugs and 2 others like this.
  2. AMusicLifeForMe

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    Micca likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. AMusicLifeForMe

Hi everyone! Welcome to this trip report! Live Updates will be starting later today! :)

5. LeiaIsAPrincess2

LeiaIsAPrincess2 Mouseketeer

Can't wait, I hope you have a fun trip!

AMusicLifeForMe likes this.
  6. wnwardii

wnwardii Mouseketeer

You now know you probably should have got the premier AP for Disneyland and WDW with all of your trips this year.

Micca and AMusicLifeForMe like this.
  7. AMusicLifeForMe

Thank you for joining in! :)

Lol! Thank you for joining in.

Actually, it wouldn't work out for me. I am probably going to withhold myself from doing more than one more trip to Disneyland before D23. My AP for WDW expires before the D23 Expo in 2019, and I would have to do at least 2 trips to Disneyland to make it worth it. Keep in mind that I got a DVC WDW AP so it was slightly cheaper than a normal WDW AP.

Micca likes this.
  8. NancyLuvsMickey

NancyLuvsMickey DIS Veteran

I'm here, lurking again. popcorn::

9. AMusicLifeForMe

Thank you for following along! :)

Micca likes this.
  10. AMusicLifeForMe

Hi everyone! I have made it to Southern California!

My flight was delayed an hour this morning due to maintenance issues which then made it really fun to deal with LA traffic when I got to California.

I would get my rental car and check in to my hotel for the week.

My first impression of the Hilton Anaheim is that it’s nice, but the guest rooms look bland.

Stay tuned to find out what fun activity I get to do tonight!

11. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

Joining in!

Micca and AMusicLifeForMe like this.
  12. Karin1984

Karin1984 DIS Veteran

Joining :) as it's Saturday and I have no plans, except read Disboards ;-)

13. Dentam

Dentam Dreaming of Disney

Joining in! I just found your trip reports and am working on reading them all!

14. AMusicLifeForMe

Thank you for joining in! :)

Thank you for joining in! :) A lot of my Saturdays are spent on Disboards as well. :D

Thank you for joining in! I hope you enjoy all of my trip reports! :)

Micca, Dentam and rteetz like this.
  15. AMusicLifeForMe

(Update from last night)

So, last night was incredible! I got to see a good friend of mine that I have met on this website (@Lesley Wake), and we made our way up to the Hollywood Bowl!

The LA Philharmonic was performing a concert where they played the music score while the movie, Star Wars: A New Hope, was shown on the big screen. That was an amazing experience to hear one of my favorite symphony orchestras play my one of my favorite music scores live in person while watching the movie! :) There were also a ton of lightsabers which made it for a really fun and unique experience!

Also, LA traffic sucks. Now I know why I moved away from here. It took me 45 minutes to drive 10 miles at one point the the Hollywood Bowl. If you ever come to Southern California, make sure you plan a lot more extra time to get to your destinations.

Today is a busy day for me. I am spending a half day at the Happiest Place on Earth, DISNEYLAND, and then I have another activity planned for tonight! :)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    DLo, Micca, Daisybelle and 3 others like this.
  16. AMusicLifeForMe

(Update from yesterday)

Hi everyone. I'm sorry that I haven't been really great about the "live" aspect of my trip report. I have been moving non-stop for the past 2 days. So, hopefully I will be able to update a lot better going forward as I get closer to my consecutive Disneyland days.

Yesterday was a lot of fun. I would get to meet with another Disboards friend (@dina444444) at Disneyland for a half day.

I finally got to see Pixar Pier which I will leave my full review of it until I get started on my official updates. I also still need to see it at night.

It was extremely hot yesterday. It was in the high 80's, but with the fires going on around California, it has made it feel even hotter. Also, the air quality hasn't been that great as well.

Last night, I got to go see my local MLS Soccer Team play against the NEW Los Angeles Football Club close to Downtown LA. The team I cheer for would end up beating LAFC 2-0, and my team is the first team to beat LAFC at their home stadium!!! I can't wait to tell all of you about the game. Banc of California Stadium is a nice stadium as well.

So, I am now on day 3 of this trip to California! I will be back later with another update. :)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    DLo, Micca, Dentam and 1 other person like this.
  17. AMusicLifeForMe

Hi everyone.

Today was a personal day for me where I went and visited a lot of friends that I know who live out here. So, nothing major to report on.

In-N-Out continues to be amazing though! :D

Tomorrow starts my "Disneyland Days" of the trip. So, start expecting more live updates beginning tomorrow! :)

DLo, Micca, rteetz and 1 other person like this.
  18. AMusicLifeForMe

Good afternoon from Disneyland!

I got to experience the Grand Circle Tour this morning. The tour is great for people that like trains and want to learn the history with trains and Disneyland!

The tour also gives the opportunity to take a grand circle trip aboard the Disneyland Railroad inside the exclusive train car called the Lilly Belle! That was AWESOME!!!

The tour took about 2 1/2 hours and it is now time for me to ride some rides at Disneyland!

Stay tuned for some more live updates! :)

DLo, Micca, rteetz and 1 other person like this.
  19. AMusicLifeForMe

After a nice morning doing a very nice tour at Disneyland, it was time to enjoy the parks for the rest of the day.

I would spend time riding one attraction at Disneyland before making my way over to Disney California Adventure. I would then go look at Pixar Pier more in depth. I still don't have a full review since I still need to see the land at night.

I would get to ride a few rides at Disney California Adventure before it was time for another DIS Meet! I would get together with @Lesley Wake again! :)

We would have a nice dinner at Blue Bayou where we would have the Fantasmic Dining Package.

We would also knock out most of Adventureland after dinner before making our way to get our seats at Fantasmic. :)

I have a question for all of you...Did you know that Mickey has a cousin? :D (Stay tuned to find out what this reference is to.) :D :D :D

Time for some sleep and to get ready for another busy day at the Disneyland Resort! :)

DLo, Micca, rteetz and 2 others like this.
  20. PrincessP

PrincessP DIS Veteran

Sounds like you are having a great trip....with adventure and seeing old friends from where you used to live. It is also nice to hear about these Dismeets you and others have. What a great community we have here! I have started reading Lesley Wake’s reports and am enjoying those and learning from them as well.

Can’t wait for your detailed reports. I have never been to Disneyland.

Hope you continue to enjoy many wonderful moments on your trip.

21. PrincessP

PrincessP DIS Veteran

Oh. I did not know Mickey had a cousin.

Intrigued. :yay: