A Solo Trip: Mickey Has A Cousin? August 10-17, 2018! *UPDATED 8/29!*

Discussion in 'Disneyland Trip Reports' started by AMusicLifeForMe, Aug 10, 2018.

1. AMusicLifeForMe

AMusicLifeForMe DIS Veteran

Hello everyone! Greetings from Disneyland!

My day started by going to Magic Morning at Disneyland since my ticket allowed for me to get into one of those. I would ride a few rides before heading to Disney California Adventure.

When I was at Disney California Adventure, I would finally complete riding every ride at Pixar Pier that is currently open. I would also knock out several of the headliners in the park.

I would also see the Frozen Musical which is beginning to grow on me, but I still miss the Aladdin Musical a lot! Also, I tried to enjoy this performance as much as I could. That is because there was a parent that allowed their young kid to do something throughout the ENTIRE performance. I’m not going to say yet what the parent did to keep their child from getting antsy during a PERFORMANCE, but I’m sure 99.9% of the parents out there wouldn’t do what I witnessed today. The level of “I don’t care about anyone else around me” seems to be really high these days. So, I might try to see this show again in the next 2 days so that I can fully enjoy the experience.

I would then ride a few more rides at Disney California Adventure before making my way to Disneyland.

I would see the Pixar Play Parade at Disneyland this afternoon and got a great shady spot about 15 minutes before the parade! :)

I’ve been taking today very slow, but I have done A LOT!

I am ready for an evening at Disneyland!

Stay tuned for more live updates! :)

DLo, Dentam and rteetz like this.
  2. AMusicLifeForMe

(Update from last night)

After the parade, I would walk around Disneyland and rode a few more attractions before making my way to dinner.

Note to self...Don’t wear light-colored shorts and sit front row on Splash Mountain. You think I would have learned after all of these years.

I would then eat a nice dinner at Tortilla Jo’s where I ate way to many chips & salsa!

It was then time for me to experience the Incredicoaster and Pixar Pier at night. That is definitely my favorite time to walk around Pixar Pier and ride the Incredicoaster. Pixar Pier definitely shines at night than during the day.

I would then catch Paint the Night which continues to be one of my favorite parades. It was cool to see the Incredibles float for the first time.

Then I would walk quickly to Disneyland where I decided to watch the firework show from It’s A Small World. I would make it with one minute to spare and I thought this show was awesome from there!

I would then experience a few rides before making my way back to the hotel for some rest.

I’m excited for another Disneyland day! :)

Stay tuned for more live updates!

DLo, Micca, rteetz and 1 other person like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. AMusicLifeForMe

- I am having a great trip! It’s teally great to catch up with friends that I have met on here, as well as, see many friends I grew up with.

- I will say that you should definitely try to go to Disneyland! :)

- I have one more day left and I hope to have a great day tomorrow. :)

It’s really a joke. I’ll explain more later. :D

Micca and PrincessP like this.
  5. AMusicLifeForMe

Hello everyone! Here is my live update from today!

I got a later start this morning. This basically means I got to the park one hour after it opened compared to being there for rope drop.

I would make my way into Disney California Adventure where I would travel to a Grizzly Peak and a dessert before getting lunch.

I would decide to get lunch at Lamplight Lounge. This was actually a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I am also thankful that they do walk-ups for upstairs and downstairs. I would decide to go downstairs to see the decor and order from the full menu.

I would then decide to help guard the galaxy on a certain attraction before making my way to Disneyland.

I would actually enter Disneyland via the monorail after traveling to Downtown Disney for a little bit.

It was then time to ride some of my favorite attractions at Disneyland, as well as, meet the Mouse himself!

I would then meet a friend for dinner at the Jazz Kitchen at Downtown Disney. This was surprisingly very good!

After dinner, we would make our way into Disneyland where we got a very special experience. Disneyland has started to do their tender rides again on the Disneyland Railroad. This is where you get to ride in one of the Disneyland Railroad Steam Engines. That was so AMAZING!!!

We would then make our way to Disney California Adventure to ride the Incredicoaster, see the Pixarmonic Orchestra, and see Paint the Night!

Next, I would travel to Disneyland where I would catch the Together Forever Fireworks Spectacular. I wasn’t that impressed with the show due to some construction on Main Street blocking some of the projections.

I would then find a stand-by viewing spot for Fantasmic on the Pirates of the Caribbean bridge. Definitely an unique view of the show.

That means I saw all 3 nighttime shows in one night!

My final night of the evening would be on Big Thunder Railroad where I would end up being on the last train of the night!

It was then time for the walk back to the hotel. I have one more day at Disneyland.

Stay tuned for more live updates! :)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    DLo, Micca, PrincessP and 1 other person like this.
  6. Lesley Wake

Lesley Wake May the force be with you!

That seriously seemed to be the theme on Monday

AMusicLifeForMe likes this.
  7. AMusicLifeForMe

Hi everyone! Here is the start of my live updates for my final day at Disneyland for this trip. :(

My day started at rope drop where I would knock-out a lot of Frontierland and Adventureland in an hour and a half. I would then make my way to Tomorrowland and travel on a futuristic train and to a galaxy far, far away!

I would then make my way to Disney California Adventure where I would eat lunch at Flo’s which was surprisingly ok. I was feeling like eating a little more healthier for lunch which was why I made this decision.

I would then make my way to 2 attractions at Disney California Adventure.

I am currently sitting in the Grand Californian Hotel lobby where I got treated to viewing a surprise character experience. Mickey & his friends would come into the lobby shortly after I sat down and started dancing to a bunch of children’s dances with the kids! So cute!

Stay tuned for more live updates!

DLo, Micca and rteetz like this.
  8. AMusicLifeForMe

(Update from yesterday)

I would then make my way back to Disney California Adventure where I would go on a ride in Cars Land, as well as, see the Frozen Musical again. I definitely enjoyed this experience a lot more than the previous time. The parents around me were definitely more respectful. :D

It was then time to make my way to Disneyland where I would ride a few attractions before taking the monorail to the Downtown Disney station.

I decided to have dinner at Trader Sams at the Disneyland Hotel which was very good and relaxing!

I would then make my way on the monorail back into Disneyland which would eventually be a waste of time since all I did was take a picture in front of the Castle before making my way to Disney California Adventure.

I would then ride an attraction in Disney California Adventure before finding a spot for the Paint the Night Parade.

I would have another DIS Meet with @dina444444. We would catch the parade, watch Together Forever from It's A Small World, and ride a couple rides before I would say goodbye to Disneyland.

Yesterday was my final day at Disneyland and my final day of this trip.

DLo, Micca and rteetz like this.
  9. AMusicLifeForMe

Yes it did. We really shouldn't ride boat rides together ever again lol. :D 2 boat rides and 2 loud noise incidents! :D

Micca likes this.
  10. AMusicLifeForMe

Hi everyone. I’m just letting you know that I have arrived back in the Midwest safely! This was a great trip to California!

This will now conclude my live updates. Stay tuned for my official updates starting soon! :)

11. buteraa

buteraa Mouseketeer

Looking forward to your full report. Sounds like you had a great trip.

12. AMusicLifeForMe

Overall, it was a really great trip. I'm looking forward to sharing about this trip in more detail. :)

Micca likes this.
  13. DLo

DLo DIS Veteran

Following along. Looking forward to reading the rest

14. AMusicLifeForMe

Thank you for joining in! :) Hopefully I get these updates going in the next couple days.

15. AMusicLifeForMe

Day 1: Travel Day!

Hello everyone and welcome to the start of my official updates!!!

It is time for my first update which is always my travel day update! :)

I would do something a little different on this trip. I would take a late-morning flight instead of an early-morning flight. It was definitely nice getting to sleep in!!!

[​IMG]

My flight would eventually be an hour delayed due to a maintenance issue.

[​IMG]

Eventually I would make it on the flight, and I got a window seat! :)

[​IMG]

It was time to fly to Los Angeles International Airport!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My movie of “choice” on this flight was Remember The Titans!

[​IMG]

It wasn’t long before I would start to see an endless array of buildings. This must mean we were getting close to landing in LA!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I could finally see Los Angeles International Airport!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would land safely at LAX and we would have a ginormous Korean Air airplane go by us while we waited for our gate to open up.

[​IMG]

It feels great to be “home!”

[​IMG]

The Southwest Terminal at Los Angeles International Airport has gone through a lot of renovations, and it is starting to look nicer from each trip i take out to California.

[​IMG]

I would then wait for my bag at the baggage claim.

[​IMG]

So, due to some traffic, my friends that were picking me up were running behind. I would have to wait about 40 minutes after I got my bags to arrive.

It was then time to make my way to Anaheim to pick-up a rental car and check-in to my hotel for the week.

Now, it would take an hour and a half to get from LAX to Anaheim. The traffic was absolutely brutal, and I was really hoping landing in the middle of the day wouldn’t have as much traffic. I guess I was wrong.

I would pick-up my rental car from an Enterprise location in Anaheim before making my way down the street to the Hilton Hotel by the Anaheim Convention Center.

The check-in process at the hotel was very easy, I would unpack my bags, and then i was off to my next location!

Stay tuned to see what exciting event I got to do on my first evening in California!

Blue Caterpillar, DLo, rteetz and 3 others like this.
  16. AMusicLifeForMe

Day 1: California Highlights - Star Wars: A New Hope - In Concert at the Hollywood Bowl!

After my friends drove me from LAX to Anaheim in traffic so I can get my rental car and check-in to my hotel, it was time for me to drive back towards LA in of course…TRAFFIC!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At one point, it would take me 50 minutes to drive 10 miles. It felt really good to be home! :D

My destination for the evening would be the Hollywood Bowl, and I would finally arrive after a stressful couple of hours.

This is where I would like to introduce a fellow DISer to this trip report. That DISer is @Lesley Wake!

Lesley and I had been coordinating getting together at the Hollywood Bowl for a couple weeks and we were both excited to see Star Wars: A New Hope - In Concert! We were getting ready to watch the movie with the LA Philharmonic performing the music score while the movie was showing! :)

Before we would make our way to our seats, Lesley was generous to prepare a picnic dinner for us. So, we sat outside the Bowl and chatted all things Disney while we ate dinner.

We would then make our way to our seats for the evening. We were pretty far back, but these ended up being great seats to enjoy the experience.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We could see the Hollywood Sign from our seats!

[​IMG]

The sun kept going down which was making the screen easier to see. As the sun came down, the anticipation was building!

[​IMG]

Lesley and I were ready to watch a Star Wars movie!

[​IMG]

It was getting really close to showtime!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The orchestra was finally on the stage! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The moment had arrived! It was time for Star Wars: A New Hope - In Concert! It was nice that hundreds of lightsabers were ready for the opening number.

[​IMG]

The Hollywood Bowl announced that they were giving away lightsabers at this performance, but Lesley and I arrived to late to get one. I ended up being ok with this, because they wouldn’t fit in my luggage anyways when I was ready to come home.

Whenever our favorite characters would show up in the movie, the theater became a light show thanks to hundreds of lightsabers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I never thought I would see an intermission during a Star Wars movie, but there was one.

[​IMG]

The movie would continue eventually!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The movie would end, and this was an awesome experience!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lesley and I would then make our way out of the Hollywood Bowl along with a few thousand of our closest Star Wars friends. There is pretty much only one way out of the Hollywood Bowl so the crowds were not moving that quickly.

Lesley and I would park in the same area and we would say farewell for the evening. I would see Lesley again later in the trip for a great experience getting to see Mickey’s Cousin (stay tuned to find out who Mickey’s Cousin is)! :D

It was then time for the fun part. That was to wait for everyone to get to their cars so I can leave!

[​IMG]

It wouldn’t take that long, and I would eventually get out of the parking area. I would end up going the wrong way on the highway. When I got off the highway to try and go the correct way, I would come across Universal Studios Hollywood!

[​IMG]

I would then make my way back to Anaheim. I wouldn’t hit any traffic on the way back. So, it was about a 45 minute drive to get back to my hotel.

I would have a half-day at Disneyland the next day. So, it was time for me to get some rest since I would have an early morning.

More in my next post!

rteetz, Blue Caterpillar and DLo like this.
  17. AMusicLifeForMe

VIDEO: Star Wars: A New Hope - In Concert! - Beginning and the Finale!

Here is the beginning and the ending of Star Wars: A New Hope with the music score performed by the Los Angeles Philharmonic at the Hollywood Bowl!

Make sure you watch my video in HD.

Star Wars: A New Hope - In Concert at the Hollywood Bowl!

I hope that you enjoyed the video!

Stay tuned for more updates from my solo adventure to California!

rteetz and DLo like this.
  18. AMusicLifeForMe

rteetz likes this.
  19. LeiaIsAPrincess2

LeiaIsAPrincess2 Mouseketeer

What an amazing show!

20. missjackiemcg

missjackiemcg DIS Veteran

Hi, Zach! Imagine my surprise to realize I was missing out on not 1, not 2, but all THREE of your current TRs!!! Glad I stumbled onto them today :) I'll be playing catch up now!

AMusicLifeForMe and Lesley Wake like this.
  21. AMusicLifeForMe

Hello everyone!

Updates will start up on this Trip Report very soon!

I am letting all of you know that I have decided to rename this Trip Report from
    'A Solo Trip: When Pixar Invades The Disneyland Resort - Part 2!' to 'A Solo Trip: Mickey Has A Cousin?'

If you want to know more about why I changed the name of this Trip Report, stay tuned to find out! :)

rteetz and wnwardii like this.