A Solo Trip: "The Heartbeat of Freedom!" July 2-9, 2018! *COMPLETED 10/14/18*

Excellent report. Love the details and all the photos. Adding some things to my own solo trip wish list based on your report.

I am anxious to hear your story about slinky dog and being a party of one....how it threw a kink in things at one point.

Great report!
Thank you!

Excellent report. Love the details and all the photos. Adding some things to my own solo trip wish list based on your report.

I am anxious to hear your story about slinky dog and being a party of one....how it threw a kink in things at one point.
Thank you! :) I'm glad to hear that I am helping you plan your next vacation. If you have any questions about "solo" travel to WDW, always feel free to ask me.

Hopefully I will get to my little SDD issue by the time your trip comes around. Also, looking at your signature, it looks like we are traveling at the same time. :D

Day 2: Traveling to America And Mexico!

I would eventually enter EPCOT, and it was an absolutely beautiful day in one of my favorite Disney Theme Parks!

I would make my way towards World Showcase where I would notice one of the boats was docked getting ready to sail to Morocco. So, I quickly boarded the boat to save my feet for a little bit.

I would finally make it to my destination, and that was the America Pavilion to hear a couple performances by the Voices of Liberty!

The Voices of Liberty had an interesting schedule this week. During their indoor shows, they would actually have a point where they took about an hour and fifteen minutes off. So, instead of sitting in the America Pavilion for that amount of time, I decided to go check out the new interactive exhibit at the Mexico Pavilion!

I absolutely loved the movie Coco so I was excited to check this area out.

It was time for me to try the new interactive element. I would basically get to create my own skeleton and dress the skeleton with clothes and face paint.

You go through a 5-step process before you are finished. However, I wasn’t able to get photos of each step.

After experiencing the interactive part, I would find one more display from Coco.

I would then make my way all the way back to the America Pavilion to hear a couple more performances from the Voices of Liberty.

After a nice afternoon in EPCOT, it was time to make my way to the exit and make my way back to the Magic Kingdom!

Stay tuned for more updates from my solo adventure to Walt Disney World!

Oops
Just wanted to say I am really enjoying your trip report. I see my trip 8/30-9/5 overlaps with your trip.
I will also be attending MNSSHP on 9/3 and the DAH on 8/30. Who knows maybe I will run into you at the American Adventure....

I would eventually arrive at the Magic Kingdom. I always forget how long of a bus ride it is since you are traveling from one side of Walt Disney World property to the other when you are going to the Magic Kingdom from Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
I'm considering taking Minnie Vans the next time I have to do this!

The EPCOT Monorail loop is probably my favorite of the two monorail loops. It’s definitely a relaxing ride.
I have never had the chance to go on the loop from TTC-Epcot, just the Epcot-TTC!

Oops
Just wanted to say I am really enjoying your trip report. I see my trip 8/30-9/5 overlaps with your trip.
I will also be attending MNSSHP on 9/3 and the DAH on 8/30. Who knows maybe I will run into you at the American Adventure....

Thank you very much! :) There is a 100% chance that I will be at the American Adventure at some point each day. There might be a day or two where I take a break from there, but keep a look-out! I look forward to possibly meeting you! :)

I'm considering taking Minnie Vans the next time I have to do this!

I have never had the chance to go on the loop from TTC-Epcot, just the Epcot-TTC!

- I haven't taken a Minnie Van yet, but that would probably be the trip to consider doing it.

- The TTC -> EPCOT loops is definitely the better of the two. You have to do it! :)

Really enjoying your report! I was lucky enough to spend the 4th at WDW too and it was very memorable!

Thank you very much! :) Did you spend 4th of July at EPCOT, Magic Kingdom, DHS or AK, or your resort?

We spent the 3rd at MK to see the fireworks and the 4th at Epcot. It worked out great (except for that storm!)
Awesome. We did the exact same thing. :)

I remember sitting waiting for Illuminations to start in the fastpass viewing area...I don't know if I have ever been as terrified looking at a storm rolling into WDW. It was quite the sight, but I wasn't moving from my spot! Wait until you see my pictures. :D

Awesome. We did the exact same thing. :)

I remember sitting waiting for Illuminations to start in the fastpass viewing area...I don't know if I have ever been as terrified looking at a storm rolling into WDW. It was quite the sight, but I wasn't moving from my spot! Wait until you see my pictures. :D

It was a very impressive storm! I took some good pictures as well for my trip report. Illuminations and the fireworks were still worth waiting for :bitelip::blush:

Day 2: It’s July 3rd And Celebrating The 4th Of July!!!

I would take the monorail from EPCOT to the Ticket and Transportation Center. When I got to the Ticket and Transportation Center, the Cast Members were directing everyone to the ferry boats since the monorail was down. However, I could have still taken the Resort Monorail, but I decided to just take the ferry.

The first stop I would go to inside the Magic Kingdom is the Columbia Harbour House! I was hungry, and it was dinner time!

I would get the fish and fried shrimp plate. Definitely a great option, and this is one of my favorite quick service offerings on Walt Disney World property.

After a quick dinner, it was time to use my second fastpass of the day. That was for Peter Pan’s Flight!

Peter Pan’s Flight is probably my favorite Fantasyland dark ride at any Disney Theme Park.

It was then time for my 3rd fastpass of the day. That was for Haunted Mansion!

The ride would stop a few times while I was on it. I would guess that was mostly due to guests needing assistance getting off the ride. Well, with how many times the ride stopped, of course it would stop with me being the next “doom buggy” to be released at the exit! I wasn’t that annoyed. I just found it funny, and the Cast Member that was working the exit said out loud, “So close!” I would have an extra 30 seconds on the Haunted Mansion which I am always ok with. :D

I would then make my way through Frontierland toward my favorite ride at the Magic Kingdom!

Big Thunder Railroad had closed earlier in the day when I had a fastpass. So, I was able to use a multiple use fastpass to return to the ride later in the day. That’s what I did here. So, this was my 4th fastpass of the day.

When walking back through Frontierland, Disney had started a party with a DJ by the Country Bear Jamboree. I don’t remember ever seeing DJ’s to celebrate the 4th of July at Walt Disney World. I thought they only did that for New Years Eve.

I would then grab a spot for the fireworks about 1 hour and 45 minutes before showtime!

Disney also decided to have a DJ out in front of Cinderella’s Castle. So, I guess Disney decided to really make the 4th of July into a party atmosphere like they do on New Years Eve. So, this was very new for me.

It was almost showtime!!!

The area around Main Street and the Castle was absolutely crowded. You couldn’t move even if you wanted to. However, even with the crowds, I knew this show was going to be worth it.

It was time for Disney’s Celebrate America - A 4th of July Concert In The Sky!!! :)

More in my next post!

Day 2: Disney’s Celebrate America - A 4th Of July Concert In The Sky!

This would be my 3rd time seeing this amazing firework show in person! There is just something special about seeing a Disney Firework Show on a major holiday like the 4th of July and New Years Eve.

In this case, it was July 3rd, but Disney always shoots off their major firework shows in the Magic Kingdom the day prior to the major holiday as well!

Enjoy some pictures of Disney’s Celebrate America - A 4th of July Concert in the Sky! :)

Disney’s Celebrate America is an absolutely fantastic fireworks show! The 360-degree fireworks finale will never get old. There is one thing I do miss from the show. During the finale, I missed seeing “star” fireworks surround the Magic Kingdom. They only had their bigger fireworks this time which was impressive. I missed seeing the “stars” though. Overall, the fireworks used in this show were very impressive, and I really like the music choices that were used in this Patriotic fireworks show.

This show was definitely worth waiting close to 2 hours for, and I can’t wait to see it again! :)

It was then time for me to make my way out of the Magic Kingdom. The question would be “how?” Well, I rushed as quick as I could to the bypass that separates the Hub from Town Square. I would first have to make it through this crowd!

I would eventually make it out of the bypass, but the crowd was insane leaving the Magic Kingdom! I probably should have stayed to ride a few more rides, but I wanted to get back to my resort and relax.

You can watch my highlight video of Disney’s Celebrate America in my next post! :)

More in my next post!

VIDEO - Disney’s Celebrate America - A 4th Of July Concert In The Sky Highlights!

Here is an 8-minute highlight video that I made from several videos that I took of Disney’s Celebrate America - A 4th of July Concert in the Sky! This is an amazing show, and the 360-degree finale will never get old. My 2 favorite parts of the show are the “Shenandoah” section and the finale. This video was filmed on July 3, 2018.

The Shenandoah section begins at 5:40 of this video and the finale begins at 6:46 of the video.

Make sure you watch my video in HD.

Disney’s Celebrate America - A 4th of July Concert in the Sky - Highlights (July 3rd)!

I hope that you enjoyed the video!

More in my next post!

Last edited:
Day 2: An Evening Of Swimming And Disney Springs!

I would then leave the Magic Kingdom and head back to my resort for some needed relaxation!

When I got back to Saratoga Springs, I would take advantage of the pool that was in Congress Park. This was a small pool, but very relaxing and not crowded at all.

I really liked the frogs spitting out water at the pool. :D

There is also a hot tub at this pool so I spent quite a bit of time refreshing my legs.

While I was at the pool, I was really getting in the mood for a chocolate shake. So, being so close to Disney Springs, I figured I would make the short 5 minute walk to Ghirardelli!

The walk from the resort to Disney Springs is really nice at night.

I would arrive at Ghirardelli and get my chocolate shake! It was so good!!! :)

I would then make a short walk back to my resort hotel room at Saratoga Springs, and I would get some much needed sleep!

I would have my first unexpected change to my schedule the next day. Stay tuned to find out what that was. :)

Stay tuned for more 4th of July celebration updates from my solo trip to Walt Disney World!

Day 3: It’s The 4th Of July - An Amazing Morning At Disney’s Hollywood Studios (Part 1)!!!

It was finally the 4th of July!!! :)

I would actually have a rough night of sleep. I don’t know if it was due to my excitement of what was ahead the next day. I just couldn’t figure out a way to fall asleep for any decent amount of time.

So, what does someone do when they can’t sleep? Wake up! :)

The issue was that it was 5:20 in the morning. Part of the reason why I decided to get up is I had a strange thought that maybe I could go to Disney’s Hollywood Studios this morning. So, I looked on the My Disney Experience App to see what time the first bus to Disney’s Hollywood Studios would be. The app told me 5:37 a.m. So, I decided to get up, get ready, and head to the park super early! :D

As i figured it would be, the bus station was completely empty.

I wasn’t sure if the bus would have people on it or not since there is a new land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. When the bus pulled up, it literally was nobody onboard besides the bus. It felt like I was getting on a haunted bus or something.

I would arrive at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at about 5:55 a.m. for this mornings Extra Magic Hours!

When I got past security, there was literally nobody. Am I sure a new land opened up recently?

When you are first in line at Disney’s Hollywood Studios! :D

An empty theme park! :)

Nobody would show up behind me until about 6:10 a.m.

As I waited at the tap locations, the Cast Members started giving out flag pins for the 4th of July.

At about 6:20 a.m, they would open up the gates and let guests walk a certain distance down the street.

Everyone was ready for the mad dash to Toy Story Land! :D I would be at the front of the pack at this point.

At about 6:30 a.m, Disney would make an announcement saying Disney’s Hollywood Studios was opening. They would then start moving us to Toy Story Land. People would break-off a little bit since more of the park would open up with Extra Magic Hours. However, most of everyone was heading to Toy Story Land.

There was probably a good 50 people behind me when we started moving to Toy Story Land.

As we made the turn toward Toy Story Land, you can see I wasn’t in the front of the pack anymore. :(

Now I really wasn’t in the front of the pack as we made the 2nd turn. I would also like to point out the great tactic that some of the parents used to walk quicker by putting their kids on their shoulders.

When I got to Slinky Dog Dash, there was probably 25-30 people in front of me. So, I literally didn’t have to wait long for this attraction.

After riding the first time, I decided to get in line again. So, I was on the ride again within 15 minutes of getting off the first time.

By 7:00 a.m, I had been on Slinky Dog Dash twice which is also when Extra Magic Hours was supposed to begin! :)

I would then make my way to Alien Swirling Saucers where I would get in line for this attraction.

Here are some pictures of the queue:

I was really excited to get on this attraction!

I would wait less than 10 minutes to get on this attraction.

Alien Swirling Saucers was definitely a cute ride. It’s basically a copy of Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree at Disney California Adventure. I really like the soundtrack for the ride though with the techno Toy Story music.

So, after the ride, I would get some pictures of the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge construction from over one of the walls at Toy Story Land. I can’t wait for this to open!

Buzz Lightyear standing nice and tall amongst Toy Story Land.

What does one person do when there is literally nobody in Toy Story Land? Ride Alien Swirling Saucers again!!! :D

There would actually be an issue where I would wait about 15 minutes for this attraction. They were having technical issues with the soundtrack. So, I would wait about 25 minutes before I could get on this attraction again.

Eventually I would get on and off the ride at about 7:37 a.m.

Here are some pictures of Toy Story Land that I took after riding Alien Swirling Saucers again.

More in my next post!

Day 3: It’s The 4th Of July - An Amazing Morning At Disney’s Hollywood Studios (Part 2)!!!

I would then get in line for Toy Story Mania at about 7:40 a.m.

Here are some pictures of the new queue:

Mr. Potato Head is back!!!

I would get on the ride at 7:46 a.m, and I would achieve the “Best In Vehicle” score!

Here are some pictures of the exit to Toy Story Mania:

After riding Toy Story Mania, I came across two of the green army soldiers walking around. One was male and the other was female. I politely asked if I could take a picture with them and they greatly accepted. They also told me to salute so I had to. :D

I would then also get a picture of with the Toy Story Land sign during the day.

I would take that picture at about 8 a.m. This means that the rush of people who couldn’t attend Extra Magic Hours was running my direction as I was going against them. I will say that was very amusing to watch.

After seeing Toy Story Land during the day, I really like this land a lot! I actually think I prefer going to it at night. Overall, I think Disney did a nice job with this land.

I would make my way toward Tower of Terror where there was practically nobody once again. They were all heading to the “new” thing.

I would take advantage of a photopass photographer that had no wait and take a picture with the Tower of Terror behind me.

Since I got a picture with the building in the background, I might as well ride the attraction.

There was literally nobody in line and the sprayers made the queue look very haunted. I actually couldn’t see about 10 feet in front of me once I entered the mist.

So, I would enter the movie room with about 15 other guests. I would exit the movie room in about the middle of the pack. The Tower of Terror has a point in the queue where you can select to go right or left. Everyone in front of me went right and both sides were open. So, I figured I would risk it to see if anyone would follow me behind me by going left and no one did.

This would then lead to one of the weirdest but most AWESOME experiences I have ever had in a Disney Theme Park.

I would get on my own elevator…alone. I don't know if I was more terrified or excited with the experience that I was about to have.

Definitely one of the best experiences I have ever had at a Disney Theme Park!!! I might have to attempt this again sometime!

It was then time for me to make my way toward the exit since I had to get to EPCOT by 9 a.m. It was getting close to 8:15 in the morning and I wanted to take the boat to EPCOT.

I would get lucky with a boat docked right when I walked up.

One of my favorite areas to walk around on Disney property is the Boardwalk, and the resort looked great this morning with the sun shining on it.

I would eventually arrive at EPCOT at about 8:50 a.m. I had plenty of time to walk to my next destination!

More in my next post!

VIDEOS: Ride The NEW Attractions At Toy Story Land + Mr. Potato Head!

Here are videos that I took of Slinky Dog Dash and Alien’s Swirling Saucers. I would also get a video of Mr. Potato Head in the Toy Story Mania queue.

Make sure you watch my videos in HD.

Slinky Dog Dash!

Alien’s Swirling Saucers!

Mr. Potato Head!

I hope that you enjoyed the videos.

More in my next post!

Day 3: It’s The 4th Of July - Riding Attractions At EPCOT!!!

EPCOT is always my “park of choice” on any major holiday. One of those reasons is that EPCOT handles the crowds the best in my opinion. The other reason is that I think their special holiday fireworks are better than Magic Kingdom.

I would make my way through the International Gateway entrance for EPCOT and start making my way towards my first destination!

It was great getting to see my favorite pavilion around World Showcase empty which is the England Pavilion!

Having room to walk is the best, but I know it wouldn’t be that way later.

When will I ever get to have this photo ever again?

My first ride of the day would be Test Track, and I would decide to ride single rider.

I would then use my first fastpass of the day on Mission Space where I would have my own X2 Space Shuttle. I was slightly terrified I wouldn’t complete the mission since I couldn’t reach all of the buttons. :D

It was then time to use my 2nd fastpass of the day on Spaceship Earth!

At this time, it was about 10:15 a.m. The ropes to France would drop in about 45 minutes. So, it was time to make my way to France and wait for the World Showcase ropes to drop.

I always enjoy walking past this fountain.

I was making my way to France because I would have several hours of waiting for Voices of Liberty performances that would be happening later in the day. In order to get a spot that I wanted, I would have to make sure I was there in plenty of time and wait for the mad-dash to begin!

Stay tuned for more 4th of July updates coming soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter