A story of renewed hope & the power of Dis

Luvchefmic

DIS Veteran
Scroll down for planned DisMeets details

UPDATED AS OF July 19, 2014 60th Birthday Plans coming up

OR just keep reading and get to know me ! Trust me its ups downs and all arounds with the things life can throw your way some I handle really well Others, not so much I am a work in progress for sure

First I thought this is silly we live in FL who writes a PTR for a weekend of 2 day trips ? Then I thought why not there is so much more to it than that :confused3

Little background DH is a long distance truck driver and usually comes home every 90 days for down time The last time was the beginning of November What you say? That's about 6 months ago. Well here's the thing down time = no pay
Usually not a big deal because I work, we can make our bills, and usually we have a little wiggle room for play time at WDW :goodvibes

The problem is though I was involved in an accident at the end of Jan (details not important to the story) so MY income came screeching to a hault :scared1: and would be nothing nada zip for several weeks to come

He was scheduled to come home in Feb....uh no.. not if we want to have a roof over our heads, food for all involved (we have a horse & 7 dogs) and the lights burning Keep on truckin' 18 wheeler roll on (anyone remember that song)

So we have been through a lot and quite frankly the marriage had been on shaky ground before this all happened ( if you're still with me remember that VERY important) After he went back on the road one of our dogs got sick and passed away (that's Dillon the Pointer in my sig) 2 days before Thanksgiving :sad: the accident in Jan March brought the death of Tazzie (our cat in my sig line) :sad:

I have met a lot of Dissers over the years some I have been fortunate to meet in 3-D outside of the box as she says :goodvibes and we will be lifelong friends When the accident happened I posted on a few friend (more like family threads) I needed help How would I ever be able to take care of myself, the dogs, and most pressing was the horse I have a fractured right shoulder there was NO way I would be able to clean up after her

Through the love of my fellow Dissers and the power of strong women ( I think of them as Steel Magnolias) word spread someone in one state knew someone in another who had a friend of a cousin the wheels were turning and the pixiedust: was a flowing Help came and continues to come every week for as long as necessary asking nothing in return

Through it all I am fortunate to have formed very strong bonds with several of these women people that I am blessed to have for guidance and strength people I can turn to for advice people that have prayed for me and with me people that have set an example for me with their marriages people I call my sisters So I guess this is really a thank you and a love story The love I found of strangers scattered all over the country and the globe and the love my DH and I have found again with each other

OK- So the PTR

DH comes home Thurs not sure what time yet we say our Hellos :blush:;)
then reality sets in and BOY is there a Honey Do list for you my friend :lmao:
Amazing the things you can't do around the house when your prominent arm is out of commission this place is a wreck :rolleyes2 I won't even say "That's not the way to do that" I swear ::yes::

Fri- DH can do whatever he wants I won't ask for a thing (ok maybe a glass of wine )

Sat " We're Dating " : YooHoo WDW here we come Last weekend of Flower & Garden Biergarten Restaurant for Dinner AND must get a Rum Spiced Dole Whip

Sun We're coming back Tusker House brunch Boma for Dinner

Mon On the Road again for DH but back :love: and feeling good !

Pictures to come and Hope you're with me :wave2:

Ruthie

UPDATED AS OF Friday October 11 , 2013

I let Tazzie ( our beloved cat that went to heaven this spring ) go from my signature line I struggle every day with the loss of our animals, family members...I just can't do it yet with Dillon ( the Pointer )

Okay,

The rest of 2013 promises some wonderful times, ups & down both physically
and emotionally and SEVERAL Dismeets (and in one case a Dis Re-Meet after 3
years with a dear friend and her family from Australia) I am SO excited
Don't know yet how to do the index thingy but promise I will work on it
For starters a brief summary: My dear Aunt Mary has been ill and lives in NY
I am a native New Yorker transplanted to FL with DH in 2008 with a horse,
8 dogs and a cat Haven't been "home" in 4 years :scared1:

NY not going to happen, Aunt has been hosp discharged and went directly to rehab based on last time with leg surgery approx 6 weeks no way to visit her ..we are a proud and stubborn people ;) but I can completely understand so RESERVATION made WDW here we come offsite 3 days close enough to take care of animals Aunt is doing very well & hard work at her own physical therapy Prayers for her

off to make ADRs and update tickers

DisMeets/Re-Meets and other plans 2013 and 2014

July: 7/17 through 7/19 POP Century
Aug:

Sunday August 25 2013
Limited Time Magic Monster University Bash at DHS
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-studios-is-next-limited-time-magic-surprise/

Perfect place & event for a DisMeet wasn't it sweet of WDW to think of this just for US :cool1: Party ! 6 pm-10 pm

Meeting DeesKnees, DH and DD "little one" (who will be on a SURPRISE birthday trip !
as I have nicknamed her

Sept: Dis Meets sewmess : meet Ruth ( her BD ) & her DH Cale and celebrate Pluto's 83 birthday 9/5 and my 59 th on 9/6

BD present for ME from dear Aunt Mary Part of the MM+ testing doing DDP w/3 ADRS AoA or POP ?

Yeah for F & W !! Can't wait !

Oct: Dis Meets and the Re-Meet:
Breakfast @ Cape May, Potluck dinner at one of the resorts BCV AND MNSSHP 10/6

update Fred not coming home until November we had to decide Oct for the Dismeets OR Thanksgiving and Anniversary and Christmas For you new readers thanks for joining Fred also is an instructor for the trucking co he works for ( pays a few more cents per mile so we were all over that ) so he can't be home too often Will be home for these wonderful days instead

Dissers involved in some of October plans: PrincessInOz, franandaj, Bobbiwoz (& her sister) and SunDial
and somewhere in here hope to meet DaveinFallsChurch (who I recently made the acquaintance of on the Dis)

Going to ANOTHER MNSSHP this time with Pluto0809 Ariana & her DH Jim Thursday Oct 24 I'll be eating at LTT earlier that day for lunch Haven't been there in years

Nov Thanksgiving 3pm ADR BOMA Flavors of Africa who needs american turkey for thanksgiving anyway...bring on the flavors baby !! Anniversary dinner & Christmas dinner got terrific ADRs ( up at the crack of stupid to get them but very happy about it...will keep them a secret for now...it will involve new clothes for both of us for sure, no trucker outfit !

Feb 23 2014
Reservation for Bryan's Spanish Cove 2/22-2/24/2014 was going to go from home to WDW for the race but thought better of it with road closures and super high excitement This is a condo rental about
1 mile for Hotel Plaza Blvd in DTD so I'm relieved I can be close as of this date 10/5 I am still holding on to the hope that physically I can do this race....

Ruthie, I've seen you on many boards and remember sending prayers through D's PTR.

I am here to follow along.

I hope you are starting to heal more and more each day. I am glad to hear that things are better between you and your hubby.

And I'm thrilled you are going to Disney for two days.

Hi Kat welcome to this PTR such as it is It won't be fancy but its my life...yes I know I have your prayers and I'm coming along I do 8 to 9 hrs a week of PT :faint: but it will all be worth it in the end :woohoo:

Thank You

DH Fred and the Horse Maxine in November YES it gets cold in FL

Me ( a week before the accident )

OK we REALLY need TOGETHER/Couple pictures

Thank you for doing this PTR! It is always nice getting to know you better. I love the pic of Maxine kissing Freds head. :)

Love the picture of you. You are smiling so wide, I can feel it.

Thanks for sharing your love story.

I am so looking forward to meeting you. I wish I could finalize my plans better, but it is a bit difficult with so many people with all different wishes. But as it gets closer you know I will let you know more.

Love you ticker.... love it. :love:

I know that Dee and you know that YOU your example and your love your prayers and inspiration was a big part in bringing this marriage back from the brink :flower3:

I'm not worried: we'll meet somehow/someway

I know that Dee and you know that YOU your example and your love your prayers and inspiration was a big part in bringing this marriage back from the brink :flower3:

I'm not worried: we'll meet somehow/someway

We as humans learn from each other ...if we allow ourselves to. It is so weird you found my ptr/tr so inspiring. It is so out of character to give so many details of my personal life on the internet. I just felt it was therapeutic, I was so emotional during the planning of the vow renewal.

YOU & FRED are the ones who are responsible for bringing it all together.

I Hope you are feeling better each day.

It was the renewal TR the going through your life history that made me go through ours the example of committment weird ? NO reason for everything I found all of you one by one and everything fell into place the way it was destined to happen Amazing :grouphug:

and just for laughs and giggles we go WAY back This was in 1984

Look skinny people....people with hair....people with BLOND hair....:rotfl2:
and the little kid now 38 y/o and a Major USMC :faint:
( and Fred's Dear grandma gone but never forgottten)

We have to keep each other we ain't OLD but as they say
realistically we are closer to the grave than to the birth canal:rolleyes1

Hi Ruthie!

It's always nice to get to know the folks we are "chatting" with. I personally couldn't keep pics of my beloved pets somewhere that they reminded me. I think you read my opening statement of the cruise report and my beloved Sunny had the cover spot on my cell phone, but I couldn't see her every day and know that she was on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. I had to change that. I know how much we love our pets, and I'm glad you have so many and love your animals so much.

I'm also glad that you and your hubby are rekindling things. I understand that too, it's rough, but we have to stick together.

Looking forward to hearing about things. They don't have to be fancy, they should just be real. That's all that matters!

Ruthie - Joining in as well. :goodvibes

Sorry about the accident. But it seems that you've found yourself in a wonderful circle of friends to hep you. So glad that you've found that help through the Dis.

Here's to good times with Fred, more time with Mickey and fun times ahead for us all.

princess::upsidedow

Oh RuthIE! Your story made me cry! I'm in for the ride and pray you have a wonderful visit. I'm SO GLAD TO HAVE MET YOU MY FRIEND! Ruth

I am in. Thank you for the back story. I am praying for you and all the healing.

I am here - you know I am!!!

Awww... Your story just brought tears to my eyes... I agree - Dis friends are a powerful bunch. So many have inspired me in so many ways, I cannot begin to list them.

So happy to see you doing a PTR for Fred's return... I loved seeing the pictures! ROFL at the "closer to the grave than to the birth canal"... And I love that most recent picture of you - what a wonderful picture, you look so happy!

I LOLed at Maxine kissing his head, she just cracks me up in so many ways... I have never heard of a horse with a sense of humor - until now.

So glad you are doing this, so that I can get to know you better... You have no idea how much the girls and I are looking forward to meeting you... It's going to be a great day!

(((Many Hugs as always)))

D~

I'm here, too...I do much more lurking than actual tlaking...because I tend to be long winded...

But I completely understand about the renewing of marriage...we have been married 36 years in a few months...we are on our second set of kids... Sometimes it is easy to forget why you married them in the first place!

Nini

:wave2:

WOW a Trip report! I'm SO IN!!! WHOOP!!! :cheer2: so excited to hijack another report!

your an amazing woman, your strong and your overcoming a boat load of obstacles. I'm glad I get to follow along! :hug:

I LOVE the pictures!!! Keep those up!!! or i may have to post my own...:stir:

I'm here too. Geesh, I'm a little late joining in and on the 2nd page already!

Love the picture of Maxine kissing Fred's head!

T

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter