A story of renewed hope & the power of Dis

A big sloppy pluto: Kiss planted right on your cheek, sent your way wishing you a wonderful :bday:!!! Wish I lived in Florida. My :car: would never get me there in time to party with you!

Have the best celebration ever tonight at Chef Mickey's and have an extra piece of :cake:for me!!!

party:

The cake was DELICIOUS and absolutely perfect The fondant was so smooth it looked like it was painted on both Fred & Ed didn't even think it was a real part of the cake, like a plastic covering or something one of them said. Wish I could send you a piece Bev

Happy Birthday!!

Have a great day!

I'll be calling or emailing soon with our plans so we can meet up later this month, if you're still up to it!
I would love you to call me whenever you get a chance Ruth! :goodvibesYes it was a GREAT celebration!

Have a super special birthday! Enjoy your favorite place!
Hi the other Ruth ! Notice the new ticker ?? Chef Mickeys was definitely our place last night...once again proving my theory of late reservations...more on that later ;)

Waiting, waiting. Pictures???? popcorn::

Fred & I got home at MIDNIGHT !! and we're only 1/2 hr out Hint we closed the restaurant :cool1:I can't even imagine what time the "resident photographer" got home We rolled out of that restaurant fully stuffed and overjoyed..pictures will come I promise you that :woohoo:

The 60 th was AWESOME !!!

The cake was DELICIOUS and absolutely perfect The fondant was so smooth it looked like it was painted on both Fred & Ed didn't even think it was a real part of the cake, like a plastic covering or something one of them said. Wish I could send you a piece Bev I would love you to call me whenever you get a chance Ruth! :goodvibesYes it was a GREAT celebration! Hi the other Ruth ! Notice the new ticker ?? Chef Mickeys was definitely our place last night...once again proving my theory of late reservations...more on that later ;) Fred & I got home at MIDNIGHT !! and we're only 1/2 hr out Hint we closed the restaurant :cool1:I can't even imagine what time the "resident photographer" got home We rolled out of that restaurant fully stuffed and overjoyed..pictures will come I promise you that :woohoo: The 60 th was AWESOME !!!

Congrats again on your birthday and the awesome time you guys had.... :-)

Congrats again on your birthday and the awesome time you guys had.... :-)

Thanks Patrick :) We really did have an epic time I mean EPIC and I don't throw that word around lightly ( you know us " cynical NYers " ;) ) Yes I am partial to Chef Mickeys, it's been our restaurant for decades and I really can't remember ever walking out of there disappointed. Anytime in the past if something wasn't right it was handled graciously and immediately.

Last night we were treated royally.

Seems like this is the restaurant that people love to hate on and we said that several times last night. The food was 5 star no doubt ! Ribs that were so tender they fell off the bone, Fred couldn't stop exclaiming over salmon that he said tasted like it was freshly caught, eggplant that was cooked exactly like I would have cooked it just to name a few of the many things we tried.

Thanks Patrick :) We really did have an epic time I mean EPIC and I don't throw that word around lightly ( you know us " cynical NYers " ;) ) Yes I am partial to Chef Mickeys, it's been our restaurant for decades and I really can't remember ever walking out of there disappointed. Anytime in the past if something wasn't right it was handled graciously and immediately. Last night we were treated royally. Seems like this is the restaurant that people love to hate on and we said that several times last night. The food was 5 star no doubt ! Ribs that were so tender they fell off the bone, Fred couldn't stop exclaiming over salmon that he said tasted like it was freshly caught, eggplant that was cooked exactly like I would have cooked it just to name a few of the many things we tried.

Awesome :-)

The cake was DELICIOUS and absolutely perfect The fondant was so smooth it looked like it was painted on both Fred & Ed didn't even think it was a real part of the cake, like a plastic covering or something one of them said. Wish I could send you a piece Bev

I would love you to call me whenever you get a chance Ruth! :goodvibesYes it was a GREAT celebration!

Hi the other Ruth ! Notice the new ticker ?? Chef Mickeys was definitely our place last night...once again proving my theory of late reservations...more on that later ;)

Fred & I got home at MIDNIGHT !! and we're only 1/2 hr out Hint we closed the restaurant :cool1:I can't even imagine what time the "resident photographer" got home We rolled out of that restaurant fully stuffed and overjoyed..pictures will come I promise you that :woohoo:

The 60 th was AWESOME !!!

Waiting patiently!popcorn::

I'm a little late here to wish you a Happy Birthday, but I'm glad that it was a fun evening and everyone enjoyed themselves!

Thanks Patrick :) We really did have an epic time I mean EPIC and I don't throw that word around lightly ( you know us " cynical NYers " ;) ) Yes I am partial to Chef Mickeys, it's been our restaurant for decades and I really can't remember ever walking out of there disappointed. Anytime in the past if something wasn't right it was handled graciously and immediately.

Last night we were treated royally.

Seems like this is the restaurant that people love to hate on and we said that several times last night. The food was 5 star no doubt ! Ribs that were so tender they fell off the bone, Fred couldn't stop exclaiming over salmon that he said tasted like it was freshly caught, eggplant that was cooked exactly like I would have cooked it just to name a few of the many things we tried.

Sounds great.

I guess we'll have to wait for the resident photographer and you to post pictures. :thumbsup2

The evening was fantastic. I have not been in to eat dinner at Chef Mickey's in decades. The food was oh so good as the old TV chef used to say. The cake was great. It really did look like it was covered in a layer of wax. It really did not look edible.

I did not get home until 2am. When I got on to the highway I had forgot that I was going to stop over at the WL and get some construction update pics. The belly full and on a sugar high was saying it was time to find the bed. Kind a like thanksgiving. The pics are starting to be emailed to Ruthie. I took close to 200 pics last night. Going thru the post processing now.

Quick photo babble. The first few pics I took were coming up dark. the last time I used the camera was in mid July for some long exposure shots in the MK with Goopysoldlady. I am going thru the settings trying to figure it out. Even playing with the exposure setting. I then realize that I had the ISO set at 100 in manual mode. Duh. I was using shutter priority and went brain dead for a little bit. Anyway the rest of the pics came out great. I will let Ruthie pic the ones to post.

Good Morning all. Updates and pictures will have to wait awhile. Last Wed or Thurs we had a really bad storm. End of world kind of rain and lightning. We lost power from about 11 pm until about 4 am. All the power surge protectors on everything is still no guarantee.

When I turned my computer on the thing was going bat crap crazy. All kind of error messages, trojan virus warnings, malicious spyware alerts, etc. I spent the whole day trying to figure things out and seeking help. Sometimes I could get onto the internet sometimes the computer wouldn't even start. Turns out there are no viruses BUT: :badpc:

At first I was attributing all the problems to the storm and something happened to the computer. Then it dawned on me how long I have it, how old it is. I have been pretty lucky, I got the computer on black Friday 2005 ..:faint:. certainly got my monies worth and have always been super conservative about what I open so it lasted almost 9 years.

This is Windows XP so that's that.

Now for the great news Happy Birthday to me new computer will be here by end of the week. :cool1:

Ed is aware of all this so only emailed a few pictures and has kindly said he will mail me the rest on a flash drive so I can get them into the new computer so excited pixiedust: ( snail mail address emailed to you Ed )

Until it arrives I am cautiously, and frustratingly, limping along here. Please understand and know I will do replies soon.

I'm not sure in all the excitement of Sat night if Fred & I have pictures on our camera or not. I have to check. I want to be able to post things in order.

Until then I will keep on smiling and get this report together soon :thumbsup2

Oh yeah gotta LOVE my hair, freakin FL weather one minute outside the house and poof, flop, pin straight fine hair loses the effort of a curling iron and looks like crap :scared1: :lmao:

Love the picture of you and Fred.

Sorry about the computer. :(

Take your time. We'll be here.....waiting. popcorn::

That stinks about your computer but at least you got a lot of use out of it! The fan on my laptop is going and it keeps overheating. I really need to get a new one but I'm trying to nurse it along right now in hopes of getting a really good deal around Christmas.

It sounds like your night was wonderful! Can't wait to read all about it once you get the new computer.

That stinks about your computer but at least you got a lot of use out of it! The fan on my laptop is going and it keeps overheating. I really need to get a new one but I'm trying to nurse it along right now in hopes of getting a really good deal around Christmas.

It sounds like your night was wonderful! Can't wait to read all about it once you get the new computer.

You know me : eBay baby :thumbsup2 trusted seller $299.95 and another $29. for added 3 yr square deal warranty

Item specifics
Condition:
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is ... Read more
Brand:
Acer
Graphics Processing Type:
Intel HDS Graphics
Product Line:
Aspire
Memory:
4 GB
Model:
X
Hard Drive Capacity:
500 GB
MPN:
AXC-603G-UW14
Operating System Edition:
Home
Operating System:
Windows 8
Bundled Items:
Keyboard, Modem, Monitor, Mouse
Screen Size:
19.5"
Country/Region of Manufacture:
China
Processor Type:
Intel Celeron quad-core

Happy belated birthday! Good luck with window 8, I have it on my laptop and it takes a while to get the hang of it! I liked XP a lot more! Looking forward to seeing the birthday pictures!

Happy belated birthday! Good luck with window 8, I have it on my laptop and it takes a while to get the hang of it! I liked XP a lot more! Looking forward to seeing the birthday pictures!

Thank you...::yes:: Right now I am trying to figure it all out. Boy this certainly is a different animal than XP...very glad I have a bottle of wine in the fridge I think I am going to need it :faint:

Thank you...::yes:: Right now I am trying to figure it all out. Boy this certainly is a different animal than XP...very glad I have a bottle of wine in the fridge I think I am going to need it :faint:

Yup not easy at all? You got it with touch screen?
Win8 was really meant for touch screen..

Yup not easy at all? You got it with touch screen?
Win8 was really meant for touch screen..

I got a desktop Patrick ...I'm getting a headache :crazy2: I know I'll " get " it eventually but when you've been looking at a very different desktop for 9 years this is all very strange :confused3

Had to laugh when I saw eBay is one of the APPs on the desktop, I think they know me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter