A Super Duper Two-fer! ~ An Oct/Dec 2017 PTR! [Update 10/11/17 - FP+!]

Meh, we're a group of 20-something's so rowdy definitely won't effect us haha Especially because the night we're staying there we're going to be at HHN which goes until 2am!

You'll be the problem people then! :P Yeah we were there kind of in the off season so no spring break crowds or anything. But I found the atmosphere was good and people were just having fun but not bothering anyone. I'm sure you'll have a great time!!

You'll be the problem people then! :P Yeah we were there kind of in the off season so no spring break crowds or anything. But I found the atmosphere was good and people were just having fun but not bothering anyone. I'm sure you'll have a great time!!
Haha we definitely like to have a good time, so I can't deny that we would be :rolleyes1:drinking1 I think knowing the atmosphere of the place you're staying before you go makes all the difference. I think the unknown is soemtimes what causes issues with guests down the line.

Ya'll... I just can't...

So I've been reading up on some of the slides and such the new Volcano Bay is going to have. Some seem pretty daring, but I'm not usually one that is scared of this kind of stuff. I've been on Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach so I figured none of them would be too bad...

WRONG!

SO wrong!!

Lord help me...

Last edited:

Good moooooooorning!!

So, I have a lot to tell you guys. We’ve made quite a few changes to our October trip since I last updated.

You know how I was SOOOOOOO excited about being able to stay at the Hard Rock for a night and getting those Express Passes for two days??

Yep.

Gone.

But there’s no reason to be sad! We got rid of it so we could..

STAY TWO EXTRA DAYS!!!

We figured since we will have a full 7 days (minus one night for MNSSHP) at Universal, that was more than enough time that we really didn’t think the Express Passes were necessary.

I got to work early yesterday and started getting everything switched up. First we had to make sure we could switch up our flights. We were able to change our Oct. 17th flight to October 15th. We were able to get a direct flight that will get us into Orlando at 10:25am. We did have to use some extra points, but I’ll be keeping an eye on it to see if the cost goes down any.

Next, I called universal to update our reservations. The TM I spoke to when I called was very sweet, despite me making a ridiculous amount of changes to my reservations. Probably before he had his first cup of coffee. We had to cancel the night at Hard Rock, then update our two room reservations at Cabana Bay. We’re now going to be calling Cabana Bay home for a whole week, October 15th-October 21st! We decided that with those two extra days we will probably hit up the parks, indulge in an extra night of HHN, and probably spend some extra time at Volcano Bay!

Then, since we’re locked in officially on dates, I booked our Transportation to and from the airport. Since there are 4 of us (Carlton won’t be flying in or out on the same days with us), I found its pretty much the same cost for us to rent a private car as it would be for us to pay for Universal’s shuttle service. So I ended up booking a Luxury SUV for about $150.00 RT (that includes 20% gratuity).

In other news, I also purchased my 3-park Preferred AP with Universal last week. I opted for this AP for the discounts on food and merchandise. Eventually we will purchase Jeremy’s AP, but he’s only going to get a Seasonal AP.

We’re still waiting for the release of the Rush of Fear passes for HHN….

MNSSHP tickets went on sale yesterday. We will be buying tickets, but since were not going on a super popular night, they can wait a little while.

Otherwise, things are really coming together for our fall trip!

On Monday we were exactly 30 days out from our ADR day for our December trip! I’ve been reading on the boards that for September, the calendar is only showing Rivers of Light on Tuesday, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. And OBVIOUSLY, I have us scheduled to go there on a Friday. Nothing has been announced for December yet, but I may switch our schedule around to preemtively prepare in case the schedule is the same for December. I hate to be a Debbie Downer, because I really do LOVE Disney, and I LOVE planning our vacations… But having to schedule these things blindly because Disney can’t release schedules for things in time really STINKS!

Anyway, on a more personal note I started my diet/gym routine. This was instigated when I tried on my summer clothes from last year and I looked like this..

Aside from Juggling working my fist job, and my second job, and going to the gym, and having to pee every 10 minutes because of the copious amounts of water I’m drinking.. everything is GREAT!!

Plus I HAVE to work out at the gym because It’s literally been raining for two weeks straight. I would love to be able to get outside ad do some hiking or play some disc golf, but this rain has me confined to indoor activities.

CE79548E-9077-49E1-929D-E2C649043110_zps8jfo83n4.jpg

Well, its ALMOST Friday! I have to work both jobs tonight, but I’m off from both jobs on Saturday!! And guess what?! Its going to rain alllllll weekend! :)

I hope you guys have a better looking weekend than us!

Last edited:
But there’s no reason to be sad! We got rid of it so we could..

STAY TWO EXTRA DAYS!!!

OhmygoodnessYAY! Totally worth it!

We figured since we will have a full 7 days (minus one night for MNSSHP) at Universal, that was more than enough time that we really didn’t think the Express Passes were necessary.

Very good point. You'll have tons of time to do everything you want to do.

We’re now going to be calling Cabana Bay home for a whole week, October 15th-October 21st!

Wooh! That will be awesome. And the extra bonus of less resort-hopping is always nice.

On Monday we were exactly 30 days out from our ADR day for our December trip! I’ve been reading on the boards that for September, the calendar is only showing Rivers of Light on Tuesday, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. And OBVIOUSLY, I have us scheduled to go there on a Friday. Nothing has been announced for December yet, but I may switch our schedule around to preemtively prepare in case the schedule is the same for December. I hate to be a Debbie Downer, because I really do LOVE Disney, and I LOVE planning our vacations… But having to schedule these things blindly because Disney can’t release schedules for things in time really STINKS!

That's a shame about ROL :( Hopefully they add more shows, but I would probably do the same thing and possible reschedule a bit. I completely agree: I love Disney, and it's kind of worth it, but I really dislike how there's so little room for spontaneity in a Disney vacation anymore if you want to see and do all your priorities.

Aside from Juggling working my fist job, and my second job, and going to the gym, and having to pee every 10 minutes because of the copious amounts of water I’m drinking.. everything is GREAT!!

I feel you!!! It feels like you're speaking the words right out of my head! I'm also watching what I eat, especially sweets, and sometimes I catch myself getting cranky and not knowing why, and then Nathan's like, "you're really missing those cookies, aren't you??" Yep. That's why.

Plus I HAVE to work out at the gym because It’s literally been raining for two weeks straight. I would love to be able to get outside ad do some hiking or play some disc golf, but this rain has me confined to indoor activities.

This is the worst. It's sooo much easier to be active and actually enjoy it when you can get outside! It's also been raining here every day for what seems like forever (but it probably more like going on 2 weeks.) I need another rainy day like I need a hole in the head!

Keep up the good work at the gym! Just keep thinking about your awesome looking vacations for motivation!

We will be at Disney at the same time! 23 days for the start of our ADRs and I have no clue what we are picking!

Can't wait to read more of your PTR!

Keep up the good work at the gym! Just keep thinking about your awesome looking vacations for motivation!

We will be at Disney at the same time! 23 days for the start of our ADRs and I have no clue what we are picking!

Can't wait to read more of your PTR!
Thank you!! I'm doing my best!

That's awesome we will be down there at the same time! Where will you guys be staying?? We have 27 days until ADRs. I had everything planned out, but like I said due to the uncertainty of RoL, it'll need some re-arranging.

I'm so sorry Meghan, I read your post and forgot to come back around to reply! :faint:

Wooh! That will be awesome. And the extra bonus of less resort-hopping is always nice.
Definitely! I'm one of those people who unpacks my whole suitcase as soon as we get in, so not having to pack up and live out of a suitcase for 2 days will be great!

That's a shame about ROL :( Hopefully they add more shows, but I would probably do the same thing and possible reschedule a bit. I completely agree: I love Disney, and it's kind of worth it, but I really dislike how there's so little room for spontaneity in a Disney vacation anymore if you want to see and do all your priorities.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind so much about having to book things so far in advance if THEY WERE ON THE BALL! Their schedule for everything should be set 6 months in advance gosh darnit! :lmao:

I feel you!!! It feels like you're speaking the words right out of my head! I'm also watching what I eat, especially sweets, and sometimes I catch myself getting cranky and not knowing why, and then Nathan's like, "you're really missing those cookies, aren't you??" Yep. That's why.
Oh gosh I feel the same way. I'm more of a salty/deep fried foods lover. French fries, pizza logs, mozz sticks, chicken wings... Ugh :sad: IDK if you have it available in Canada, but I recently started eating Halo Top ice cream when I do get a sweet tooth. It's a little pricey $4.99 USD for a pint, but the whole pint is only 250-320 calories and its packed with protein. My favorite so far is the Sea Salt Caramel :lovestruc

This is the worst. It's sooo much easier to be active and actually enjoy it when you can get outside! It's also been raining here every day for what seems like forever (but it probably more like going on 2 weeks.) I need another rainy day like I need a hole in the head!
We're finally starting to move into warmer, less rain weather. I hope its cleared up for you too!!

Hellllooooo (that was hello in Orca ;) ) !!

I just caught up on your plans for your Oct and Dec trips!

I haven't been to US/IOA since 2011 - and they only had Hogsmeade at that point. I REALLY wanna go back to see Diagon Alley! I am a die hard HP fan but the last trip I took to WDW, it was mostly just me and the kiddo (as you've read in my TR) and it felt like it would have been a hassle to go there with him by myself. Plus, their "thrill" rides tend to be more "thrilling" than WDW's and I didn't know if he'd be tall enough for the stuff I wanted to do. BUT SOMEDAY, I will make it back there!
I'll be super excited to read along with your TR! :goodvibes

And you are gonna LOVE love love the Poly at Christmas. It's beautiful no matter what, but Christmas decorations just make everything that much better. No one does Christmas like WDW, it's SO amazing. Can't wait to see how much ya'll love it!

P.S. that water slide you posted...that's a hard "NOPE" for me. That looks terrifying! :scared1:

Hellllooooo (that was hello in Orca ;) ) !!

I haven't been to US/IOA since 2011 - and they only had Hogsmeade at that point. I REALLY wanna go back to see Diagon Alley!
Hogsmeade is fantastic, but Diagon Alley is UNREAL. I LOVE Disney and its immersiveness, but I gotta tell ya, Universal has leaps and bounds surpassed anything Disney has done with Diagon Alley.. Although, I still have yet to see Pandora! :rolleyes:

I am a die hard HP fan but the last trip I took to WDW, it was mostly just me and the kiddo (as you've read in my TR) and it felt like it would have been a hassle to go there with him by myself. Plus, their "thrill" rides tend to be more "thrilling" than WDW's and I didn't know if he'd be tall enough for the stuff I wanted to do. BUT SOMEDAY, I will make it back there!
Completely understandable. When its just the two of you, you can't really do rider swap. I have to say though, aside from the Hulk and Rip Ride Rocket, I think your son would have been ok on everything else!

And you are gonna LOVE love love the Poly at Christmas. It's beautiful no matter what, but Christmas decorations just make everything that much better. No one does Christmas like WDW, it's SO amazing. Can't wait to see how much ya'll love it!
I'M SO EXCITED! :hyper:

P.S. that water slide you posted...that's a hard "NOPE" for me. That looks terrifying! :scared1:
I'm usually not a person who is hesitant to try things like this... but this time I may make an exception!

Thank you!! I'm doing my best!

That's awesome we will be down there at the same time! Where will you guys be staying?? We have 27 days until ADRs. I had everything planned out, but like I said due to the uncertainty of RoL, it'll need some re-arranging.

I feel ya! The best is all you can do! :smooth:We are staying at ASMusic. I am definitely preparing to be flexible! I saw that the park hours are going to be posted on the main WDW site in about 2 weeks so that will give a little time for making the final(ish...) decisions! Good luck with yours!!!

I feel ya! The best is all you can do! :smooth:We are staying at ASMusic. I am definitely preparing to be flexible! I saw that the park hours are going to be posted on the main WDW site in about 2 weeks so that will give a little time for making the final(ish...) decisions! Good luck with yours!!!
ASMu sounds like fun! I've never stayed at any of the All-Star resorts, but the theming they have looks awesome! Thanks for that info on the park hours. I may just hold off on doing our schedule too, to see if they do release hours.

Hey everyone!!

I hope everyone's had a great week and a half since my last update!

Things have been a little crazy around here the last few days so I'm sorry I didn't update sooner.

We had a benefit for my uncle this past weekend that had a really wonderful turn out. We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family who support us when times get tough! But, if you were wondering, that's why I wasn't on the Dis at all this past weekend. Plus I worked both Saturday and Sunday.

Speaking of work, that Saturday I had mentioned in the last update? I didn't actually end up having it off. I picked up a shift. I'm a glutton for punishment apparently. Officially, I haven't had a day off work since April 16th. Memorial day will be my first day off from both jobs since then.

This is so accurate its not funny.

Not only with actual work, but at the gym as well. Everyday I've been going to the gym for at the very least cardio. I'm slowly starting to notice some changes in my appearance, which is nice. Nothing drastic yet, or even anything anyone else would notice, but its getting there. My diet is getting old, quick. Having to count and measure everything is really a drag, but its the only way that I can learn how much I'm supposed to be eating. Until I feel comfortable with really knowing portion sizes I'm stuck measuring.

OK, enough will all the boring life stuff.... LET'S TALK DISNEY!

So, last Thursday Southwest FINALLY (they're always the last ones!) released December flights! I got on around 7:30am as soon as they were released. I booked flights out on Saturday morning at 6am, December 2nd, for Jeremy, uncle Jan and I.

Uncle Jan? I haven't told you about him yet!

Jeremy's Uncle Jan had been back and fourth about joining the family on our trip in December. Early last week we were finally able to talk him into coming with us. Not only is he going to Disney with the whole crew, but he is going to be flying out two days earlier with Jeremy and I to get in some time at Universal! We're really excited to have him along to out favorite place in the world!

Anyway, back to flights. SO we booked our flights out on December 2nd and the rest of our party found flights out on Monday morning, December 4th. We will all be flying home together on Saturday, December 9th at 8:10pm! The flight times worked out great. We're all getting down to Orlando on our respective days early in the morning, and our flight home us late at night so we get some extra park time on that last day. PLUS, we got roundtrip non-stop flights for only $119 each way!

SO I've finally put together our "tentative" schedule for our 6 Disney days. Like I've posted previously, we have the Deluxe Dining Plan so we have SO. MANY. Meal credits. I was REALLY trying hard not to over schedule meals, but everyone just wanted to eat at so many place it kind of got away from me.

So here we go...

Have I mentioned I really love spreadsheets?

Well I do.

This speaks to me. Minus the living in my moms basement part. I have my own house, I swear.

The schedule will probably end up having to be tweaked, when Disney inevitably changes park hours, or if I don't get our dining exactly how we want it. But, this is the rough outline for now!

In some other good Disney news, we booked both MNSSHP and MVMCP!

I was NOT happy that they each ended up costing us around $200 for the two of us. But alas, we really love the parties and would have paid more if we needed to. I have no restraint when it comes to Disney. And no shame.

Still no Rush of Fear passes...

LET'S GO UNIVERSALLLL!

So that's we're were at right now.

We have 15 days until I make our ADRs. Fingers crossed I can make everything work!!

Last edited:
My diet is getting old, quick. Having to count and measure everything is really a drag, but its the only way that I can learn how much I'm supposed to be eating. Until I feel comfortable with really knowing portion sizes I'm stuck measuring.

I so feel this! I'm totally over measuring and weighing, but that's how I keep everything in check...so for now, it's the way it'll be. Good for you for seeing some progress and feeling good!

Like I've posted previously, we have the Deluxe Dining Plan so we have SO. MANY. Meal credits. I was REALLY trying hard not to over schedule meals, but everyone just wanted to eat at so many place it kind of got away from me.

I also have this problem. :P I don't have the excuse of booking for lots of different people with different priorities though. haha

I so feel this! I'm totally over measuring and weighing, but that's how I keep everything in check...so for now, it's the way it'll be. Good for you for seeing some progress and feeling good!
Thanks! I wish I could say the end of having to watch what I eat is near, by this is going to be a lifelong struggle for me :faint:

I also have this problem. :P I don't have the excuse of booking for lots of different people with different priorities though. haha
Lol but if you're only booking for you and N mostly, your meals probably don't take too much time. A sit down meal with 9 people is a minimum 1 1/2 - 2 hours lol

Lol but if you're only booking for you and N mostly, your meals probably don't take too much time. A sit down meal with 9 people is a minimum 1 1/2 - 2 hours lol

Truth!! We only have 3 meals (including our "reception") booked for a large group. One for 20 of us, and two of about 9 of us. The rest should be a fair bit quicker!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!