A Thousand Questions!!

CaLuCa

Mouseketeer
Just booked a Mediterranean on the Magic and want to follow it with a week in France. We are Florida residents for the past two years, and WDW pros. (My daughter and I exhausted ourselves on 100 days of Disney this past year...got the most out of our APs, which sadly we have traded in for 6 day military passes...to go from 100 days to 6 is only bearable with the plans for this cruise and to do DLP)

We have from Saturday to Saturday. There are MANY things we want to do in France...Mont Saint Michel, Louvre, Eiffel Tower, DLP, catacombs. Is there a more optimal day to do any of these? (Here in Florida, the amount of locals who go to the parks on the weekend is staggering.) Tentatively, this is the schedule I have laid out:
Saturday-fly into Paris, train to Mont Saint Michel
Sunday-tour MSM
Monday-train back to Paris, check into DL area hotel, possibly catacombs this day
Tuesday-DLP
Wednesday-DLP
Thursday-Eiffel Tower tour Paris
Friday-Louvre
Saturday-fly out

I am trying to figure out lodging while in Paris and am tempted to just stay at one of the DLP hotels. We are a family of 6 (kids 17, 10, 10, and 7). I think it will be easier to stay in one place rather than pack up every other night. I found the circus theme hotel outside of DLP that has a pretty reasonable rate. We are military and I'm planning on getting the 2 day military tickets for 75 euro/adult and 66/child. I adore staying on property at WDW, but when I put in our dates and party, I am floored by the prices. I have tried to remove tickets (can't), and am having a hard time with the equivalent of the dining plan (which doesn't really work for us here). I would really appreciate any advice on the right way to go...balancing price with a party of 6...being on property...etc.

Also, I have questions about DLP. I've talked with some friends who have gone recently and they tried to hit the highlights for us, knowing that we want to prioritize the new and different since we go to WDW a lot. The list includes the dragon, Big Thunder, the Haunted Mansion equivalent, Space Mountain, and eating at Remy's (How do I make an ADR??).

Help! We are so excited and I cannot wait to share Europe with my kids. Any advice you can give I would love to hear!

Okay, first question, when are you going to be in France?

Second, did you check the US website of Disneyland Paris, or did you check other countries as well? US usually has the most expensive offers.

A party of six is probably what doesn't work in your favour either as there are very little rooms on property that accomodate larger families. Have you tried booking two rooms for 3 people?

It's indeed not possible to book via the DLP website for a room only. It doesn't exist. If you want to do a room only, you will have to book via websites like trivago.com, hotels.com, expedia.com etc. and then Military tickets you have to get at the gates either way.
For some families a dining plan doesn't make sense, if it doesn't, look at the different country websites of DLP for different options.

At the moment the tool for online dining reservations is not working, when it does, there are some tricks to make your reservation online, other option is to contact Disneyland Paris by phone (there is also a thread on how to contact them from the US). Reservations can usually be made 2 months in advance.
- Try this thread with the direct links to book online in English. https://www.disboards.com/threads/online-restaurant-reservations-in-english.3745810/ Keep in mind, you have to copy/paste the restaurant links into your browser to make it work, clicking the links in above mentioned threads re-routes you to the homepage.
- If that doesn't work, try it via the Dutch site, there is an explanation here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...n-the-dutch-disneyland-paris-website.3736651/

Two other threads that might help:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/faq-1st-time-visitors-crowds-weather-language-wifi-money.3736354/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/faq-1st-time-visitors-touring-plans-rides-shows.3741109/

Ok, that's good, the summer holidays in France start a month later in July. So that will help with lower crowds at DLP and in Paris. Still the advice would always be to go during the week if you can.

We are also headed to DLP for a few days but in the early part of July. We are from the US but the best offer for us at this point is the UK offer. It does work if we book with the UK offer, right? Just wanted to check before I paid a deposit!! We are so excited! This will make our 4th Disney park!!

We are also headed to DLP for a few days but in the early part of July. We are from the US but the best offer for us at this point is the UK offer. It does work if we book with the UK offer, right? Just wanted to check before I paid a deposit!! We are so excited! This will make our 4th Disney park!!
Yes, that's no problem. It's a thing in European law is that a company can have different offers for different markets, but they cannot prevent you from buying from the UK while you are from the US, or vice versa etc.

I was looking at the UK site also but did not realize their currency is pounds and not euros. The discount wasn't the best once I did that conversion. Just wanted to share.

The train ride between Paris and DLP likely will get old fast. We just did it a couple of weeks ago, and it was VERY crowded most of the way (and that was a Saturday) with lots of stops. It really might be easier to move hotels than to go back and forth, back and forth.

Having a hotel in the city would make it easier to get an early start (sites get quite crowded) and to take a mid-day break. And access to much more interesting food options.

I don’t know that I would plan a whole day for just the Louvre. Not that there isn’t enough to see, but It’s huge and it’s exhausting. I thought I’d spend two half-days there at least and I couldn’t make it more than a couple of hours at a time.

DLP has my favorite version of Small World. Pirates is a bit different, and the Skull Island area nearby. DLP also has an Alice in Wonderland maze that is different and some walk-through exhibits that are different and quick (one in the castle, one of the Nautilus near Hyperspace Mountain, and one of Aladdin in Adventureland).

Last edited:

We did just that with absolutely no problem.

I recommend making your Eiffel Tower Reservations ahead of time.

Regarding the Louvre, a full day might be a bit much for the younger kids. Last summer in Paris with my 13 yo & 6 yo, one Art Museum was enough to realize that it was not a family favorite; we focused the rest of our sightseeing on castles and cathedrals (which also have art in them), and were very pleased.

Also, I think it would be easier if you split up the Paris portion of your trip into two phases. When you return to Paris, you could do all of your Paris sightseeing on Monday, Tuesday, and the early part of Wednesday, and then transfer to a DLP area hotel Wednesday night. Make Thursday and Friday DLP days, and then go straight to the airport on Saturday from DLP. Less back and forth this way.

This is how we split our time in Paris last summer, albeit over a longer time frame; six nights in Paris, four in DLP (with three park days), and direct to the airport on the last morning via car service.

I am planning my second trip to DLP. The first visit was during our honeymoon and we took he Euro there and skipped around in love and oblivious so we missed out on Disney Studios. This time around we are going for a day in the third week of July. This trip will include our 12 year old daughter. We are also driving there.

So my questions are:
1. When will tickets be available? The Disney site does not permit me to select days in July.
2. Price for parking? Any other information about parking that I should know?
3. I have seen offers, not from Disney, that offer a 2-park single day ticket along with Paris Museums. Is that a real thing?
4. Recommendations on good places to eat and what rides to hit up first to avoid the longest lines.

-- Any other experience based information would be appreciated.

Peace!

Hi, our family of 4 (DH, DS14, DS12) were there last summer and I totally try to plan our vacations with as few hotel changes as possible. You're plan works, but I would also research and think about making Paris your home base and taking the train to DLP for your park days, especially if you find place within walking distance of the RER A line.
-Yes, get your Eiffel and louvre timed entry tickets early.
-If you're also going to Studios for Remys (which was fun to eat at) Ride Crush and Ratatouille (even though WDW is getting it soon). Definitely ride Thunder Mountain and SpaceM-our favorites there over US parks).
Happy Planning-So excited for you:)

So I have reworked this.
Saturday-arrive from Barcelona (probably fly, but DH and the kids really want to ride the train...still debating. It's 6 hours, but to Americans it's cool to be on a train, especially a fast one.) River cruise on Seine. Hotel in Paris, either near Gare Lyon or 5th Arr. Still debating. Hotels for 6 are a challenge.
Sunday-Louvre. Waiting for the child tour at the Louvre to become bookable. I can still go ahead and book my entrance tickets and then book the My First Louvre tour. Should I do that or wait for the tour tickets, which look like they load 3 months out. I know my kids won't last all day at the Louvre, so when they are done we'll leave and walk around Paris. Hopefully doing catacombs.
Monday-Eiffel Tower in Morning (tickets are also 3 months out it seems, and it won't let me book stairs and then lift to summit, only lifts when I pretend book for earlier). Here, switch to the Circus Vienna hotel. Dinner somewhere around DLP. The reviews I saw for Vienna Circus dinner were not friendly. We would like to see the other actual Disneyland hotels. My kids love buffets. Any recs? I do not want Rainforest Cafe, McDonalds, Planet Hollywood or anything like that. I thought I could get our military tickets that night instead of having to wait in line in the morning. Is that doable or do you have to get them the day you use them?
Tuesday and Wednesday-Parks and Disneyland. I think we want to eat at Remy's and Agrabah. We will eat breakfast at hotel and then late lunch. When we go to WDW, we only eat 1 real meal a day. I'm still lost about fast pass. It's not included like WDW, right? I have to buy it per person separate, correct? It looks like $50/person/day. That's an extra $300 for us. Is it necessary? I do have to say we are really spoiled with not standing in line here. Going 100 days last year, we got really good at scoring FP on the fly and changing our plans, but we know WDW inside and out. Could you buy 1 day of fp and not the other if you get 2 day tickets? Is it more necessary at one park over the other?
Thursday-take the train/bus to Mont Saint Michel. I keep trying to nix this part of the trip (mainly due to the cost of this excursion), but I am so enamored with photos of Mont Saint Michel. I am debating about staying on the island versus down the road. Is it really extra cool to stay on the island or is the walk/shuttle part of the experience?
Friday-train back to Paris. Spend our last night in a nice hotel with a fantastic view of the Eiffel Tour. Try to soak up all we can.
Saturday-Leisurely breakfast and car service to CDG

I'd love feedback. And any DLP tips! Like which rides to prioritize. Definitely want to do all the unique ones and then the shared ones. Even though Remy is opening in Epcot this summer, we still want to do the ride there.

Ohh, and we watched the Imagineering story and I'm even more enthralled with going!

Just want to update:

Called and got my Remy and Agrabah reservations. SOOOO much easier than WDW (other than having to call). Wide open time slots. I was so nervous about it being for 6. When she asked for hotel, I told her we hadn't booked it yet and it didn't seem to be a problem.

Some answers!
- Buffet I would indeed advise Agrabah, because it's more interesting than the others. Great atmosphere. If you need a buffet for the first night, I would go for the Hunter's Grill in Sequoia Lodge, it had a great selection.
- Marvel season ends on the 7th of June, so if Marvel is truly important to you, do it first, or don't tell your DD. In general, you can find most Marvel merchandise in the Studios in the big store in the main hall (can't remember the name)
- When it comes to hotels, I usually only check the overall rating. If I look carefully I can find bad reviews for the most luxurious hotels in the world. If Vienna fits your budget and your needs I would stick with that.
- FP, is still the old paper system for free. DLP has several paid options, they are not included in your tickets. If you go for a paid option look carefully if you want a child friendly or thrill option or all rides, and check if you want to use it once or an all-day FP. In my opinion, you do not need it. With 2 full days during the week outside of the holidays, I think you can do without. You can buy them per day, so you could do it for one day, and skip it for the next. Keep in mind it's only 8 rides.

One of the threads I gave earlier should be able to help you to prioritize: https://www.disboards.com/threads/faq-1st-time-visitors-touring-plans-rides-shows.3741109/

I cannot help you with the details of military tickets, unfortunately. There have been some threads on here from Americans who have used them, maybe those threads can help.

Hotel questions:
I had thought doing Vienna House Circus with the two connecting family rooms (gives us 2 double beds and 2 set of twin bunks). I found it on hotels.com for $915 for the three nights. It says it includes breakfast and dinner, but then it's the same price for just breakfast. (There are other options but having a buffet breakfast is important to my kids.) I would then need to buy tickets. Military rates are 50% off the ticket price, but I am confused about ticket prices. It looks like buying 2 one day tickets is a better deal than a 2 day ticket. $721 versus $1100. Really?? I used the UK site and converted to $. Since I have to buy at the gate to get the military tickets, is that a different price? Any idea what the gate price is?

I found an option for the Natures resort, country premium room ( double bed, 2 singles, and a sofa...bed configurations are not that key, my kids love bunks, but that is NOT a deciding factor in this) with 2 day tickets and free half board. This is $1900. What is the half board? Breakfast in hotel or elsewhere? Buffet? How hard is it to get the shuttle? It's a fee, correct? How often does it run?

On the French site, I get a cocoon VIP with NO breakfast for $1500 and a pioneer tribe bungalow at Davy Crockett with NO breakfast $1000 (probably the best "deal" if I can give up breakfast).

It's hard to figure which is a better plan? I still think the Nature is more, but how much the tickets will end up being is questionable. Granted the Natures looks much more amazing, and that water park looks fun (although we live in the the land of water parks). I adore EMH, but am not excited about the potential hassle of getting there.

All the other options are just more than I'm willing to spend. Help! What do you all think?

I hope you have a fantastic time. I'd take the train. The Paris airport is often named one of the worst in the world and is not easy to get into central Paris.

Remember you can arrive straight into Disney if you do it right!

When in Paris use the app citymaper for brilliant transport options.

Remember to start Peter Pan first (maybe grab a fast pass) do it's a small world then go back to pp. Then get a big thunder fp. In the studios make sure you get on crush first thing.

Paris is ok, but I prefer London! Too much human 💩 on the metro for me.

Have a great time, any more questions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!