A thread for our single friends....

I've been thinking of taking a solo trip to Disney World sometime soon as a little getaway for myself. Anybody else like to take solo trips? I've done it a few times at Disneyland and actually love it. :)

Do it. I always travel alone from Germany and stay for 14 days. I spent some days alone at the park but I also meet up with some friends who are living in the USA.

It's great to do some things with friends but it is also great to be indepentent.

I've been thinking of taking a solo trip to Disney World sometime soon as a little getaway for myself. Anybody else like to take solo trips? I've done it a few times at Disneyland and actually love it. :)

I've taken a bunch of trips solo. It allows you move and do at your own pace. I actually enjoy it and can meet up with people.

glen - I So hear you -

Jonathan here and I have lived my life for the last 9 years with Pete and the crew on the pod cast and decided to finally post and make my presence felt in the boards.

Wow add to the gay fact that I have two kids that live with their mom and the Disney G33k factor and I'm really feel like I will never get away from the ticking coc.

I know there are great guys out there that believe in the beauty and optimism that is Disney and in my case maybe someone who like the Bare Necessities too

Newbie to the forum here. Enjoy this thread.
Single and love going to The World solo. Everyone thinks I'm crazy, but they just don't understand how freeing it is to be able to do what you want when you want on YOUR vacation! Looking forward to my next one! Would it be nice to have a special someone to go with and have fun, sure. But until that time, it's solo for me.

I'm new on here. I am really struggling with life right now :( feel so lonely and depressed. I guess I'm writing here as I'm a single 49 yr old gay guy from the UK. Next year is my 50th birthday and I wanted to go to California, San Francisco but the way I'm feeling right now, I don't know, ugh. I've been to Disneyworld many many times before, but last year for instance I felt totally alone although I was surrounded by thousands, it's hard to explain but I see love, happiness and couples everywhere and its so hard to take when you don't have it in your life.

Are there any nice guys out there that would like a British friend ? I'd love a travel companion or a boyfriend if thats even possible.

Pete

I'm new on here. I am really struggling with life right now :( feel so lonely and depressed. I guess I'm writing here as I'm a single 49 yr old gay guy from the UK. Next year is my 50th birthday and I wanted to go to California, San Francisco but the way I'm feeling right now, I don't know, ugh. I've been to Disneyworld many many times before, but last year for instance I felt totally alone although I was surrounded by thousands, it's hard to explain but I see love, happiness and couples everywhere and its so hard to take when you don't have it in your life.

Are there any nice guys out there that would like a British friend ? I'd love a travel companion or a boyfriend if thats even possible.

Pete

I think we've chatted before. I'm on the same boat as you - single and alone, but I have two years to go till my 50th. Oddly enough, one of my possibilities is to visit the UK for my birthday. LOL

You should join us for Gay Days at WDW or DL. Maybe you'll meet some nice guys there.

I think we've chatted before. I'm on the same boat as you - single and alone, but I have two years to go till my 50th. Oddly enough, one of my possibilities is to visit the UK for my birthday. LOL

You should join us for Gay Days at WDW or DL. Maybe you'll meet some nice guys there.
Hi Michael, yes I think we have chatted before, I will email you if thats ok ?

Pete

I thought I'd say hello in this thread - new on the boards and love there's a whole one dedicated to us gays. Aussie boy now living in London, massive disney geek all my life and looking forward to my first WDW trip Jan 10-17. I'm going solo so if any lovely guys out there are around and fancy a drink somewhere magical let me know.

I thought I'd say hello in this thread - new on the boards and love there's a whole one dedicated to us gays. Aussie boy now living in London, massive disney geek all my life and looking forward to my first WDW trip Jan 10-17. I'm going solo so if any lovely guys out there are around and fancy a drink somewhere magical let me know.

Just wanted to say hi, I'm pretty new here too. Your going to have an amazing time in WDW, I love the place too. I wish I had the courage to travel alone, I'd come with you if I could get over my nerves and anxiety. I could so do with getting away right now, ugh.

Pete

Just wanted to say hi, I'm pretty new here too. Your going to have an amazing time in WDW, I love the place too. I wish I had the courage to travel alone, I'd come with you if I could get over my nerves and anxiety. I could so do with getting away right now, ugh.

Pete
Hi Pete, thanks for the welcome. I really can't wait but to be honest I'm a little worried about my nerves and anxiety too! Forcing myself to go and enjoy it but might be a bit of a silly move, we'll find out! Hopefully I'll be able to meet some lovely people while I'n there. Hope you can find something nice to do for yourself to feel a bit better, even if it's not WDW!

I really envy you having the courage to travel alone. I've been thinking about it as I don't really have many friends to go with :( I'm just not sure I can do it. Next May is my 50th birthday and I am just starting to think about what I want to do, I'm hoping to go to California / Disneyland / San Francisco with my brother and his girlfriend but nothings been arranged yet. Want to come ;)
I hope you can stay fairly relaxed and nerve free, yes I know its easier said than done. Are you staying on Disney property? if you are then you really have nothing to worry about as its so easy to get around WDW using Disney transportation. I wish I could come with you and show you around, nice dream huh. I'm sure you'll find some nice people to do things with though :)

I really envy you having the courage to travel alone. I've been thinking about it as I don't really have many friends to go with :( I'm just not sure I can do it. Next May is my 50th birthday and I am just starting to think about what I want to do, I'm hoping to go to California / Disneyland / San Francisco with my brother and his girlfriend but nothings been arranged yet. Want to come ;)
I hope you can stay fairly relaxed and nerve free, yes I know its easier said than done. Are you staying on Disney property? if you are then you really have nothing to worry about as its so easy to get around WDW using Disney transportation. I wish I could come with you and show you around, nice dream huh. I'm sure you'll find some nice people to do things with though :)

You totally should just book the trip when you can and then not think about it till you're about to go, that might make it a bit easier to deal with, try and forget you've booked it and it'll be a nice surprise for your 50th. San Fran is amazing, loved it there.

I'm staying on property at Coronado Resort, seemed to be ranked the best for solo guys and less kids so I'm looking forward to that!

Have you guys heard of the new Disney dating app, Mouse Mingle? I just joined it, as like alot of you, I'm single and looking for love with a nice, Disney-loving sorta guy. It's free to join however there is a charge to contact other members. It's brand new but hopefully it can grow. I haven't had the greatest luck on okcupid, but maybe Disney can lead the way. This is my profile. You guys should all make profiles and then post the links here.

You totally should just book the trip when you can and then not think about it till you're about to go, that might make it a bit easier to deal with, try and forget you've booked it and it'll be a nice surprise for your 50th. San Fran is amazing, loved it there.

I'm staying on property at Coronado Resort, seemed to be ranked the best for solo guys and less kids so I'm looking forward to that!

Im really happy that your staying in a Disney resort, as a solo traveller it will make life so much easier for you, I'm guessing you are using Disney's Magical Express to and from Orlando airport? The Disney transport throughout WDW is excellent so you will have no problem getting around. If you are going to venture to Universal I'd suggest a taxi or coach, I always used a company called Mears Transportation, they are a trusted safe company and offer a good service if your not driving around Orlando. I LOVE driving there btw.

As for me, well I asked my brother the other day about going to California and it looks as if I might be able to go with him and his girlfriend. A part of me wishes I could do this alone or in an ideal world with a best friend or boyfriend but as I have neither then I guess my options are limited. I hope I don't sound ungrateful its just I wish things were different thats all. I'm lucky to get the chance of a trip at all really, hopefully we can start planning it soon :)

Pete

Last edited:
Have you guys heard of the new Disney dating app, Mouse Mingle? I just joined it, as like alot of you, I'm single and looking for love with a nice, Disney-loving sorta guy. It's free to join however there is a charge to contact other members. It's brand new but hopefully it can grow. I haven't had the greatest luck on okcupid, but maybe Disney can lead the way. This is my profile. You guys should all make profiles and then post the links here.

Thank for link, I'll check it out

Finally booked a trip to California in May, going to LA, Disneyland and finally San Francisco.

I know this isn't a dating site lol but if there's anyone out there who wants a British friend then drop me a message :) I'd love to make new friends and possibly meet up.

Pete

Hey guys, I know this isn't a dating site but here goes lol:

Brian here. Brooklyn boy born and raised. I am a 38 year old man with a great, big heart. I am an Italian/Irish masculine guy who lives in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn. I am a Special Ed teacher and I also teach Math to grades 6th, 7th and 8th here in the public school system in NYC.

I am ultimately looking for the right guy to settle down with and complement my happiness while I enjoy the rest of my years on this big(and sometimes small) planet. I am not in any type of rush to find love. I have had a few relationships throughout the years, and while those sadly ended, I really do not think I would be here, right now, in this space without the experiences I have shared with them. I am so beyond thankful for that. I have loved and been loved in the past and it is the most amazing feeling. I hope to experience it again. That being said, I am quite content in being alone,as everyone should be in my opinion. You are your best friend after all. But who doesn't wish to have someone to share this life with? I think that is most of our intent eventually.

I have been to the Disney parks in 1990 and 1991(Disney World). I am looking fwd. to making 2017 trips to DisneyLand and Disney World as well as Universal! Always loved theme parks, and have had a renewed interest in Disney and Universal parks in the last few years...time to visit hem and make this a reality. Hope to meet some cool people along the way. Glad there is a sub section for the LGBT community on here!!! Take care

I also am new to this site and community, so I do not know how to post my picture or make a profile picture on here. Is there a certain wait time before I could make a profile pic?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts