A thread for our single friends....

glenpreece

DIS Veteran
After talking about the guy I met while at WDW OrlandoMike mentioned I should start a thread for all of the single 'mos but I had to keep it clean!!! LOL

So here goes, I really have no idea what to put in here :)

I just find it really hard to find a guy in general then mention the fact that I LOVE Disney and it goes downhill from there. Why is there such a stigma on loving Disney? Oh yeah being here in Canada doesn't help matters much.

It's so funny when all my girlfriends keep saying "We'll find you someone", sure you will. The last guy they suggested I go out with turned out to be a complete liar and broke my heart.

So anyome else? lol :banana: pirate:

I've gotten strange looks from guys before about my fondness for Disney, but then again, I've also gotten them when I talk about some of my other obsessions (um, make that "passions") -- Buffy, Harry Potter, etc. -- so perhaps I'm simply strange by conventional standards. ;)

I've gotten strange looks from guys before about my fondness for Disney, but then again, I've also gotten them when I talk about some of my other obsessions (um, make that "passions") -- Buffy, Harry Potter, etc. -- so perhaps I'm simply strange by conventional standards. ;)
YTeah it's funny if you really like something out of the "norm" you get the weird looks.

I am a disney nut too! I have been down to disney many times and am going back to WDW in August by myself this time and looking forward to it! WIll be staying at Port Orleans riverside, was at Pop Century last time and like it there too!

I am a disney nut too! I have been down to disney many times and am going back to WDW in August by myself this time and looking forward to it! WIll be staying at Port Orleans riverside, was at Pop Century last time and like it there too!
Solo trips are great!! So much freedom! Welcome to the Dis!!!! I've never been to POR (I've actually never viisted any of the mod resorts).

So, since I'm a fan of all those "obsessions," I have to add one more that should definitely be on the list...GOLDEN GIRLS!!! :happytv:

Who'syour diva(s)?? Musically I mean. Mine are Beyoncé Celine and Streisand. I get alot of flack for my "taste" in music.

I've got my Disney obsession, my musical theater/theater obsession, my Buffy obsession, my Harry Potter obsession, and my utter love of "Repo! The Genetic Opera" which next to no one has heard of. And people wonder why I never get a second date. Course, I rarely get the 1st one either. :rotfl:

Thanks for creating a thread for us singles :)

I've had luck in my last two (and only two!) relationships. Both bf loved Disney, so I didn't get the dreaded "look". I know it sounds a little cliché, but some day, my prince will come! I'm certain about that hehehhe :)

I've never had the pleasure of experimenting DW with my significant other, so I hope that during my next relationship, I'm going to be able to do it. Especially if he's never been there. It'd be perfect :)

Oh yeah! Just like you guys, I kinda dig Harry Potter, The Golden Girls, Buffy and Angel ;) You could add the Twilight series of books also. And do not think that I like 'em because of Robert Pattinson (who plays Edward). OK, it might've helped a bit :rolleyes1

I'm going back to DW this June. Could be fun meeting any of you there!!!

Hmm I find it funny how Buffy also seems to be a recurring theme here lol. I'm not really into ahnything other than Disney, hallmark ornaments and the simpsons. Love the kingdom keepers book but there are only 2 of them.

And if you keep on believing the dream that you wish will come true.

Who'syour diva(s)?? Musically I mean. Mine are Beyoncé Celine and Streisand. I get alot of flack for my "taste" in music.

I love Celine, who else? She's from Quebec, so gotta love her :) I went to see here in August, when she was in Montreal. Loved every second of the show. They are going to put out a DVD of her "Taking Chances" tour, so I'll be the first to buy it.

And I also like to sing the High School Musical songs. They're fun! And I also like to listen to the radio...anything pop will get me groovin :P

I love Celine, who else? She's from Quebec, so gotta love her :) I went to see here in August, when she was in Montreal. Loved every second of the show. They are going to put out a DVD of her "Taking Chances" tour, so I'll be the first to buy it.

And I also like to sing the High School Musical songs. They're fun! And I also like to listen to the radio...anything pop will get me groovin :P
I love Celine but refused to pay $300 for a ticket!! My first real concert (saw Beyoncé for free in Toronto in 2006 I was so close to her I could've hit her with my camera lol) was my ultimate group from my childhood.... SPICE GIRLS and that was a $225 ebay ticket. I have Celine's las vegas show on dvd and OMG hot dancers!!!!!!!! I'm Posh btw

Hmm I find it funny how Buffy also seems to be a recurring theme here lol. I'm not really into ahnything other than Disney, hallmark ornaments and the simpsons. Love the kingdom keepers book but there are only 2 of them.

And if you keep on believing the dream that you wish will come true.

I love The Simpsons. The new ride at Universal was sooooo much fun!! One of my favorite Chirstmas traditions was going to the Hallmark store and picking out one new ornament for that year. Usually whatever new Disney or Wizard of Oz ornament was out that year. Woo for similarities!!!

I'm going to have to go with the "classics" of divas - Whitney, Madonna, and Cher. :) I saw Cher in Concert and she was amazing! I think I prefer Madonna and Whitney from the 80s - they're just way too crazy drama nowadays.

Oh, and for any muscial/broadway fans, I highly recommend the Legally Blonde the Musical Soundtrack. It's really fun!

I'm going to have to go with the "classics" of divas - Whitney, Madonna, and Cher. :) I saw Cher in Concert and she was amazing! I think I prefer Madonna and Whitney from the 80s - they're just way too crazy drama nowadays.

Oh, and for any muscial/broadway fans, I highly recommend the Legally Blonde the Musical Soundtrack. It's really fun!

I love Legally Blonde! Its a lot more fun that I thought it was gonna be (being its one of 1000 musicals being made out of a movie nowadays)

I love The Simpsons. The new ride at Universal was sooooo much fun!! One of my favorite Chirstmas traditions was going to the Hallmark store and picking out one new ornament for that year. Usually whatever new Disney or Wizard of Oz ornament was out that year. Woo for similarities!!!
That ride is the only reason I want to do Universal some day. I am petrifried of sharks so no JAWS ride for me. Oh yeah Dinosaurs too lol.

That ride is the only reason I want to do Universal some day. I am petrifried of sharks so no JAWS ride for me. Oh yeah Dinosaurs too lol.

Well, the Jaws ride is more cheesy than scary. They also have a new coaster opening this year, if you haven't already heard about. The Simpsons ride is the best though. I rode it like 4 or 5 times and heard or saw something new each ride. Oh, and The Mummy ride, which I rode like 6 times in a row.

I love Celine but refused to pay $300 for a ticket!! My first real concert (saw Beyoncé for free in Toronto in 2006 I was so close to her I could've hit her with my camera lol) was my ultimate group from my childhood.... SPICE GIRLS and that was a $225 ebay ticket. I have Celine's las vegas show on dvd and OMG hot dancers!!!!!!!! I'm Posh btw

300 $ for a ticket sure is expensive! I paid mine 195 $ and I was pretty close too. But that was the most expensive ticket I've ever paid in my life. But it was worth every penny.

Celine's Las Vegas show on dvd is nice. And you got that right. There are some hotties dancing around on that stage. Yummy ;) (Is yummy too gay??)

Well, the Jaws ride is more cheesy than scary. They also have a new coaster opening this year, if you haven't already heard about. The Simpsons ride is the best though. I rode it like 4 or 5 times and heard or saw something new each ride. Oh, and The Mummy ride, which I rode like 6 times in a row.

Tell me about the Simpsons ride. Last time I went to Universal, it wasn't opened yet and I rode the Back to the Future ride.

Is it the same kind of ride? Is it worth the wait if you're a Simpsons fan?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!