A Throwback Trip Report! - 7 Years Ago!

We decided to spend the morning relaxing and using the pool!

And you girls still love their pool time.

We said we couldn't leave the room without them napping.
IMG_0307

Which they finally did.

Awwww poor sweet tired kiddos.

Wait! Is Andy napping?

We really kind of walked around the world showcase, and kind of explored the areas. But the girls were just soooo tired today. (See poor little Gwen mooping by the garbage can)

Epcot isn't much fun for little ones especially when they are tired.

Day Five: Dinner @ Akershus

At some point we headed to dinner. I am pretty sure most of our dinner reservations we around 5:00.

IMG_2337

IMG_2335
The girls were excitied to meet more princesses tonight.

IMG_2344
Similar to Cinderella's Royal Table, you got to meet a princess before you are seated. Not sure if it is always Belle. But that is who we had. Which was nice, as we hadn't seen her yet.

IMG_2348
The girls were hot messes today. It was a super hot day and both of them looked like they had been sweating all day. Oye.

We were then seated at our table. And shortly after being seated they started the Princess Parade.

IMG_2349

IMG_2350
Which they were both excitied about. Did I mention that Morgan was a hot mess? I mean look at that hair!

IMG_2351
Cinderella was leading the parade.

IMG_2353
We were all suprised to see Mary Poppins... The girls did point out that she was NOT a princess.

IMG_2352
And Ariel.

IMG_2354
The girls actually liked walking in the parade.

After the parade, I probably went the buffet area to grab some food. I do remember that this was a WAY better option for Gwen than CRT. We were able to grab some food for Gwen off of the buffet. AND they let us order a pizza for Gwen and Morgan.

I don't remember anything else about the food. It was food...

But soon we had visitors to the table.

First was Mary Poppins.
IMG_2359

And then Snow White
IMG_2360
Both Snow Whites we met were well..... boring...

IMG_2363
I mean she was fine but not our favorite.

Up next was Cinderella
IMG_2366

IMG_2367
This was when I was holding my breathe to see if Morgan realized they it wasn't the same Cinderella as the other day.

IMG_2371
She did not!

IMG_0337
Ah, and behold.. one of our favorite photos from the trip... Gwen was tired and was just not in the mood to met Cinderella, I guess...

Up next was our favorite of this meal... Ariel

IMG_2377
She was so vibrate and happy. And was great with the girls.

IMG_2379

IMG_2384

IMG_2385

We tried to prompt Morgan with something to say to Ariel. And we got Morgan to ask Ariel about dinglerhoppers...
IMG_2386

IMG_2387
Which turned into these 2 great photos! It was a great little interaction!

IMG_0323
Gwen thought it was hilarious.

IMG_0345
Morgan using her Dinglerhopper...

Dinner here was great from a value perspective. Much more manageble than CRT. But tthe food was meh at the time. At the time, I would def say CRT, the food was better. We did enjoy both of them. And have promptly never done them ever again! Ha. Both were a one and done items for us.

After dinner we slowly made our way out of hte park. They girls really were just a hot mess this day. They were just so tired. I think we did shop on our way out, and got these hats for the girls
IMG_2390
Which they both loved.

Pretty sure we took it easy that night and packed up. As we had to fly home tomorrow.

Up next our last day at Disney.

Day 6: Back to Magic Kingdom Again!

Today was the day we were heading home. :( But we booked a late flight, so we did have time to go into Magic Kingdom. So, we check out bags with Magical Express and Bell Hop and headed into the park!

Today we were meeting up with my girlfriend from college that lived in Florida. Her daughter and her were meeting us in the Magic Kingdom. We let the girls each pick two ride sthat they wanted to go on.

Gwen picked the dolly ride...
IMG_2391

IMG_0347

And the tea cups!
IMG_2400

IMG_1577
Gwen rode with me and Andy and Morgan went with my girlfriend and daughter.

IMG_0348

IMG_2404

Morgan and my girlfriends daughter hit is off and of course wanted to ride together the whole time.

Morgan's picks were Dumbo...
IMG_2409
Which was great, as we were able to sit down and catch up for a bit while the girls ran around.

And I think she picked Big Thunder Mountain as her other choice.

Which I think Andy took Gwen to see the Country Bear Jamboree. And Gwen LOVED IT!!!!
IMG_2439
She talked about the animals on the wall and that they sang songs!!!

I know we went to Pinnochos Village Haus for lunch. I for some very strange reason remember that we had one extra counter service credit. So, we treated my girlfriend to her meal.

IMG_2448
Today was def very low key. We weren't in a rush to do anything specific or rushing here or there. We enjoyed spending time with my friend.

I think after lunch we headed to Tomorrowland, where we had spent VERY little time in. I think we went on the People Mover twice and then headed to Buzz.

IMG_2460
The girls loved the ride and posing with Zurg.

When we came out it was raining, which we made it all the way to this point in the trip without having to pull out pochos till today. Not bad.

IMG_1580
We said goodbye to my girlfriend and there daughter. They went to do more in the park. But it was time for us to head out.

IMG_0350
Somebody was sad to be leaving...

We headed to the front of the park. We stopped in the Confectionary for some last treats. Which we picked out some stuff. And then they were starting the Rainy Day Calvacade.

And I loved that they had a plan for rain.
IMG_0354

IMG_0357

IMG_0368
We loved it, even if it wasn't as big as the regular parade. And it was a nice way to say goodbye to the park.

After the parade, we headed out and back to the Poly.
IMG_0373
Morgan was so proud of her cookie.

When we got back to the Poly, we dropped the stroller off with bell hop and got our carryon bags.

It was pouring rain by then, and the lobby was PACKED with people. But we were able to find a couch to sit and relax. There pool entertainment staff was in the lobby since it was raining. So, the girls go to color with the CMs for a bit.

IMG_1520
Gwen's creation...

Eventually Magic Express picked us up and we made it back to the airport. We ended up getting upgraded to 1st class. (the ONLY time this has ever happened to me)

IMG_1521
Gwen was so tiny in a giant seat!

IMG_1523
It was fantastic, as the back of the plane was full on high school seniors coming back from there senior trip!

Our flight was very late. I think we landed at 11:30 - 12:00 at night. Which obviously was LATE for the girls. My sister picked us up and all I remember is that both girls were crying because they were just sooooo tired.

Despite that, it really was a wonderful trip! And obviously, we caught the bug on this trip! Also, I am amazed at how empty some of my pictures look. Disney has gotten SOOOOOOO much busier!!

Thanks for following along with this! I promise that I will be going back to our August trip and finish that up!

Dinner at Akershus looked amazing for the princess interaction!
Even though your girls were hot and tired, looks like they had a blast! The pictures are wonderful!!
We all did have a good time at dinner. It was def worth it.

The girls look like they enjoyed the Princess meal even if they’re so tired 💤
Gwen with her Rapunzel wig, so cute!
they were def tired but we made the best of it.

I really enjoyed this throwback trip report. It was so fun and brought me back to my first time. Seeing all that is no longer there and even the changes in costumes for the princesses, just wild how much can happen in even under a decade. I never got to meet Ariel in the old starfish dress, but I wish I did. It's so pretty even though her current dress is wonderful as is. Snow's dress definitely got an upgrade and I'm sad to hear you never had a good meet with her, I've gotten both sides of the coin, but gosh when she is at her sweetest, you cry all the happy tears.

It was also really cool seeing Disney through the eyes of those who got to go their first time when they were well younger than I. I don't think even my sisters were as young as Gwen and Morgan on their first visit. But that true belief in magic, it's so wonderful to see. It was definitely a major factor in why I became a cast member all these years later, making that magic or watching it happen warms my heart every time.

Thank you for sharing this and I guess I might have to hop over to whatever your report you're still working on! :mickeyjum

What a fun look back! The girls were super adorable and those pictures with the fairies are so sweet!
Thanks! I still crack up at poor Morgan with the fairies...

I really enjoyed this throwback trip report
Thanks for reading!

Snow's dress definitely got an upgrade and I'm sad to hear you never had a good meet with her, I've gotten both sides of the coin, but gosh when she is at her sweetest, you cry all the happy tears.
Yeah, I think Snow White just has to be a certain way and we perfer the spunky princesses more. She is more than cordrial.

Thank you for sharing this and I guess I might have to hop over to whatever your report you're still working on!
Thanks for following along! Yeah, I am in the middle of our August trip from last year. Love to see you over there! I will admit, I am behind on reading MANY folks own trip reports. But I will try and catch up on yours!

Looks like the girls had a blast at Akershus! They looked so happy!

Ending the trip at MK with some of the girls favorite rides sounded perfect!

Thanks for sharing this throwback report!!

Loved this throwback report! You inspired me to look though old photos from our early trips when the boys were little. My oldest was 4 on our first trip, and he's turning 23 next month :faint: Such great times. We still have a blast on our trips, but there's something so magical about those early years when you see that joy on their faces. Thanks for bringing back that magic at a crazy time in all our lives.

The girls are so precious with the Princesses. We enjoy Storybook Dining over CRT. I feel we get more bang for out buck.

Sounds like your last day was very relaxing. I can understand how the bug bit so hard after such a good trip.

hope everyone is doing ok. We actually had a busy day yesterday! Hair cuts for me and the girls in the morning. And a backyard BBQ with some friends in the afternoon. It felt amazingly like a normal day!
Funny I just read this. I'd ordered scissors for Jason to cut Casey's hair months ago and they just came today!!!!

They were just exhausted! But after a nap, we FINALLY headed out.
Oh how much a nap can help. I hated the days in Disney when we had to stop for a nap b/c with Casey it could be 5 minutes or 5 hours and we just never knew. I hated to leave the parks, but it eventually just became part of our routine that now we almost always leave parks around "nap time" and just chill in the room for awhile.

IMG_2312
We really kind of walked around the world showcase, and kind of explored the areas. But the girls were just soooo tired today. (See poor little Gwen mooping by the garbage can)
Oh poor thing (though this also just cracks me up)

IMG_2335
The girls were excitied to meet more princesses tonight.
Those "wigs" just make me smile every time I see them

IMG_2350
Which they were both excitied about. Did I mention that Morgan was a hot mess? I mean look at that hair!
Hot mess but a happy hot mess!!!

After the parade, I probably went the buffet area to grab some food. I do remember that this was a WAY better option for Gwen than CRT. We were able to grab some food for Gwen off of the buffet.
I don't love a buffet but when Casey was under 3 I did love that it was free. We did quite a few back in the day.

IMG_0337
Ah, and behold.. one of our favorite photos from the trip... Gwen was tired and was just not in the mood to met Cinderella, I guess...
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:She could not be more focused on that drink and absolutely nothing else.

I for some very strange reason remember that we had one extra counter service credit. So, we treated my girlfriend to her meal.
Strange indeed!

We ended up getting upgraded to 1st class. (the ONLY time this has ever happened to me)
Great way to end your trip. Thanks so much for sharing. Loved the trip down memory lane.

I totally missed that this report was happening but I loved reading it. What a fun idea to throwback to the first trip. The girls were so little!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts