A timing mistake?

TooBoyz4us

DIS Veteran
Hi all !

I am just looking over our itinerary , and I think we may have a timing mistake........

On 10/9, MK closes at 6pm. We will be at MK for the day and then have a 7:10pm PS @ Chef Mickey's.
We will most likely leave the park early to avoid some of the crowds, and take the monorail over to the Contemporary.

In your opinion, should I call and make our PS for a bit earlier in order to avoid a lull in time, or leave it as-is to make sure we have time to get there?

Thanks!
Chris

:confused:

If it were me, I'd leave it as is and take my time traveling (and not worry about being late or getting held up by crowds). If you arrive early for your PS, you can just check in at the podium early. It's possible that you will be seated early. If not, you can spend some time exploring the CR.

FWIW, you can also walk to the CR from the MK. I'd estimate it as a 10 minute walk for "average" walkers. The path begins just past the area where the buses to the on site resorts pick up guests (to the left of the MK entrance if you are facing the entrance). If there is a long line for the monorail, walking is often faster.

Enjoy CM!

I would leave the PS as is. You'll have plenty of time to get to the Contemporary from MK and you can hang out at the Contemporary's arcade, have a drink at the Outer Rim which is next to Chef Mickey's as well as check out the shops. Enjoy. :)

I would leave it as it is -

In fact you should stay at MK til the bitter end - you can get on a ride right before 6 and then when you get off of it walk over to the Contemporary.

Liz

I agree with everyone else ... I would leave it as it :) You can have a look around the hotel and you'll be early for your PS!

Chris,
The walk from MK to Contemporary North Garden Wing door is 10 min. pushing a stroller I'd add 5 min. to get to Chef Mickey's.
Have fun!
Gret

Leave it like it is and check in when you get there...I've found that they will put your name on the list when you get there...so either take the monorail or the stroll down the path....we usually walk from MK...

I really appreciate all the great advice !

I will then just leave our P.S as it is ;-)
Thankyou again!!

Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter