A Tipsy Tenth Dining Adventure - Completed 9/28

I'm here and only slightly late!!! You were there right after I left so I'll just pretend your report was an add-on to mine!!

Can't wait to hear all about it!

:cool1::cool1:
We technically haven't even started yet so you are right on time in my book! Just find the empty chair in each dining picture and just imagine that is you!!! Glad to have you join again.

Me too! Party at the WL Friday after you arrive!!!! Geyser Point baby!!!!!:love:
I can't wait!!!!

Holy (Hurricane) Hannah... 10th report? And four pages in? Can’t wait to follow along on your adventure.
Yep #10. Can you believe my liver is still intact? So happy to have you with me again!!!

WooHoo!! Another report!
:welcome:

Yay... so excited for another report! Love me some boozy adventures!
Welcome! You have most definitely come to the right place :drinking1

I am! Attempting my first TR! (I’m technologically inept, so I’ll just say it’s linked in the signature below)
Awesome! Can't wait to see what you did (and drank!)

Here and following and ready for your new tipsy Kastoney shenanigans. Fabulous family!
Thank you! Hope you enjoy

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    623 bytes · Views: 2
The Worst Dining Post Ever

Yes. Its that bad. I give you carte blanche to just skip this segment in hopes that something that resembles actual food shows up in my next post.

Consider yourself warned!

Departure day was also Casey’s 8th birthday but like any good mother I made her go to school for a few hours first. And like any good father, Jason left for Disney before she even woke up. He had to get down to pick up Princess 5K and Half Marathon race packets so while I got Casey to school and quite literally was shoveling snow before we left he met up with D and D2 and was doing this

And this

And some of this

Not jealous at all

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, my Dad picked up Casey and I...

....dropped us at the airport, and eventually we were in route too

Safety first.

We arrived around 6 and since we weren’t staying at a Disney resort I’d gotten a car service so I didn’t have to deal with our luggage and trying to get a cab.

We ended up using Sunshine Limo and had an amazingly friendly driver that we were very, very happy with.

Eventually Casey and I made it to our resort – Shades of Green (pics in next post for anyone interested) – and I unpacked a little while she played on the playground that was right out our back door.

Jason, D, and D2 were still stumbling around Epcot, so Casey and I ventured in search of food. We walked back to the lobby, which was about 10 minutes from our room, only to find a sit down restaurant and a buffet. Turns out the sports bar, Evergreens, right by our room was where we could takeout. D’oh!

We didn’t have to wait very long for food (or thankfully beer). Casey got a very juicy and not dry at all looking hamburger.

While I went for the ever classy nachos in a styrofoam container.

And what I’m guessing was a Miller Lite (think I’m going to submit this gem in a local photography contest).

I mean does this meal scream birthday dinner and first night of vacation or what?

Eventually the rest of the gang made it back to the resort and before long we hit the sheets as everyone had a 3am wake up call for the Princess 5K.

We had trouble sleeping as well past 10 some kids were playing on the playground which apparently necessitated them also screaming. Passive aggressive me eventually called security and within a few minutes the playground was clear.

Sleep try #2!

Up next, some semblance of real food, I promise.

Shades of Green
For anyone interested we stayed at Shades of Green, which is the military resort on property right by the Disney golf courses across from the Poly and Grand Floridian.

This was our first time staying here and we were pleased to find the resort was close to on par with Deluxe Disney resorts in look and feel (and interior hallways) for less than half the price.

The rooms were pretty basic, but HUGE, and larger than anything else on property.
IMG_6733.jpeg

IMG_6734.jpeg

IMG_6735.jpeg

IMG_6737.jpeg
Other than the first night we didn’t eat anything there, but they had two different pools that Casey enjoyed.

The price point here was terrific, but we did miss some of the magic of being at an actual Disney resort. We also didn’t care for the transportation as you could either get a bus to the transportation and ticketing center for MK/Epcot or a shared bus to Animal Kingdom/Hollywood Studious. We ended up ubering or walking to the Poly (about a mile walk) and using their transport most of the time, which was fine.

What Jason couldn’t stand though was the security. You had to show id every time you got on a bus and every time you entered the gate (even if you’d showed it to enter the bus) and it seemed every bus driver or security guard had a different threshold for what they wanted to see which at the gate equaled long lines to get in. I’m used to ever changing security at work, but for Jason this was a-n-n-o-y-i-n-g!

I’m sure we’ll stay at Shades again, but for now we’re gonna stick to Disney resorts. In fact we’ll be back at Caribbean Beach again in August. Queue the Casey music…

Poor Jason not taking enough photos of his adventures for you ;).

First day meal looks like a fine easy meal when you just don’t want to go anywhere or travel much. I know it gets better from here :)

I’ve wondered about Shades of Green. Deluxe at half the price sounds good to me! The security seems odd though... are that many non-guests trying to use resort amenities? :confused3

Casey’s burger looks yummy, :rotfl2:.

The rooms at Shades look really nice, but I had no idea they had a limited bus service.

I think a car would be a good option at Shades.

Travel days are hard, I am always forgetting to start picture taking, you did great capturing some good travel day photos, sans the beer picture, haha! The resort looks nice and the rooms are big!

I hate noise at night in hotels, I fear it now:laughing: We have been pretty lucky overall. A few bad experiences that our seared in my head forever!

Joining in. I have been waiting for a new report. Yes I lurk on your dining reports!

I also made my kid go to school for a few hours on her birthday before we left! HA!

Hi Kari, brunch at California grill is my favourite, so I am a little jealous, but we do have it booked in for our August trip so I will just have to wait.
As this is your tenth review I thought that I would pay homage :-)worship:) and go back and read your first ( sorry but I never read that one! ) just to say I’m still laughing at Casey saying how she wants to get “drunk on the plane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter