A Tipsy Tenth Dining Adventure - Completed 9/28

Annapurna Zing - Bombay Sapphire East Gin, Passion Fruit Purée, Mint, Simple Syrup, and Lime Juice topped with Ginger Beer. Slightly tart from the passion fruit, spicy from the ginger beer, and botanical from the gin and mint.
This drink sounds amazing. I need to stop at Nomads Lounge some d ay. :)

First up we have Casey’s choice, the Charred Octopus with Romesco Sauce, Olive Tapenade, Chorizo, and Squid Ink Aïoli.
I hope that I am not the only one who thinks that this does not look tasty at all. Casey is a very brave girl. :)

But we eventually got one and we even got the elusive wizard view.

I’m dying here...:rotfl2:

I also have never sat inside, it’s always full and an outside table clears out first. I like the verandah though, if the weather is tolerable.

That cauliflower is my new favorite. I had a pretty bad experience with the poutine, so unfortunate. Maybe ordering off Tiffins menu is the better bet?

Happy Mothers Day to everyone! I had a great day at a brewery followed by Jason and Casey making me my favorite scallops for dinner.

IMG_1718.jpeg

IMG_7246.jpeg
Picture quality is crap but everything was delicious.

Every time I read your Nomad lounge review, I vow to stop there and I still haven’t made it yet!! This August we are trying it out, I want the drink you love and the appetizers always sound so good and the gf churros are suppose to be delicious. Have you tried those? Love to see all your fun photos!
I cannot believe you haven't been there. You and Andi so need to visit. Maybe the stars will even align and we could go together!!!

The churros are delicious and I had no idea they were even gluten free. The strawberry chili sauce to dip them in is what really makes them. Casey is a huge fan and gets them almost every visit.

Sorry you had the wrath of Casey, after she found you Epic trip pictures! :eek: We can’t hide anything from those kids,:laughing:
I know. I kept it up for 6 days and should have known better then to give her my phone. Good news is I can now freely talk about the trip :-)

Casey touching the Banshee twice since being home is better than most!

Nomads looks awesome as always. We had the truffle fries in January and agreed that they were meh. All their cocktails are so yum!
You are probably right on the banshee. She took it to school to show it off when we got back and its barely been touched since.

What a great update! Between wizard views, decent food and awesome drinks nomad’s lounge sounds like the place to be. Adding in that you’ve got not 1 but 2 tempting tigresses in the family and one of them can pick both nostrils at once while on a thrill ride and girl you must be thanking your lucky stars each and every day!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Lucky stars indeed!!!! Especially that husband of mine. He is one of a kind!

on the 4 year old boy toilet habits, mind you I was in a queue once for the loos at dtd when a mum ran in with her toddler and without asking anyone could she jump to the front of the line she lifted him up to pee in the sink!:scared1::scared1:
Needless to say I and everyone else were gobsmacked!! Some people really shouldn’t be allowed kids!
Now I've heard it all!!!! That is absolutely insane. Isn't the sink supposed to be the only sterile place in the whole dang loo!!!

I’ll leave you now with that cheerful image in your brain!
Happy Mother’s Day btw:daisy:
Thank you for that amazing mothers day visual :P

I love Nomad’s so much. I’ve only sat on the porch so far. I’m not sure if I’ve even been inside. Will have to try that next time for a different perspective. Glad to hear Casey has at least touched the banshee since. There’s something about Disney that makes you buy things you think will totally carry over into “real life” and then don’t. Love the tipsy notes - limber librarian. :rotfl: The tigress pictures are great too! :thumbsup2
We've done inside more than outside, but both are great options. In fact we'll be back later in the week and sit outside!

I'd love to say that Casey has the best of intentions when she is picking out things but even I know that 99% of it will likely just gather dust. I try and steer her towards clothes or cups (and ow earrings since she got her ears pierced) so we stand a better chance at utilization.

I declared that they couldn't get those before they even saw them... But they really didn't have an intrest in them. I fear for what they will have in Galaxy's Edge. They are going to want it all.
Casey didn't have an interest either, until I told her she couldn't have one then it became a must have :P

One day I will get us here and I will try this drink. It sound like something I would like!
I still cannot believe you all haven't been there. Its so our favorite place on property (which I'm sure is brand new information to you)

The goal our our meal together needs to be getting Casey to get Gwen to eat something different! Gwen is so plain kid food.
Now that would be awesome. I made shrimp scampi yesterday and she randomly asked for just plain noodles. I wondered who this kid was then gave her a plate of shrimp :D

Unfortunately it was crazy busy and they were still stalking tables when I got there. But we eventually got one and we even got the elusive wizard view.
Damn, if we had waited to go last week until you got there maybe you would've been able to snag that awesome Wizard View for us too :smickey: I'm making that request next time. Seriously asking the CM at the podium for that specific view.

Up next we got the Tiffins Signature Bread Service with Indian-spiced Tomato Chutney, Spicy Coriander Yogurt, and Fig Tapenade.
Had this when we did not go without you on the EPIC trip :thumbsup2 I forced everyone else to try it because it's so good; I ended up eating most of it along with Joe because @buzzrelly and @Jenny Sanders weren't really listening to me :snooty:

Truffle Poutine with Truffle Tremor Cheese, French Fries, Crispy Onions, and Black Truffle Salt.
They were good and all, but had way too much gravy and the “truffle” cheese tasted more like goat cheese.
Got these too for the first time and I agree on the goat cheese over the truffle taste. I didn't mind and I did like the gravy but wished the fries were a little crispier.

I hope that I am not the only one who thinks that this does not look tasty at all. Casey is a very brave girl. :)
I'm right there with you Sue, although Steve does enjoy that octopus :crazy2:

img_7246-jpeg.400331

Picture quality is crap but everything was delicious.
These look amazing! Andy doesn't really cook, grill yes, but nothing like that! lucky Lady!

Casey didn't have an interest either, until I told her she couldn't have one then it became a must have :P
Ha! Of course.

I still cannot believe you all haven't been there. Its so our favorite place on property (which I'm sure is brand new information to you)
I know!!! I need to try and fix that in August...

Now that would be awesome. I made shrimp scampi yesterday and she randomly asked for just plain noodles. I wondered who this kid was then gave her a plate of shrimp :D
So, I mentioned this to Gwen and told her that Casey ate Octapus. And she said no way. But then she said, well maybe, if Casey is eating it... Peer Pressure at it's best!

You always make the food from Nomad's look so delicious! I was really hoping those truffle fries were amazing. I can totally see you getting Casey a birthday banshee, after all, it is was her birthday, and she's super cute, so, why not? The fact that she touched it twice since being home is par for the course for things that the kids "must" have, lol! Does birthday banshee have a name? I can't believe all the pee in the parks posts I've been reading, from here and on Facebook! What the heck is up with that? Yuck.
Yes par for the course for Disney gifts, but this one costs $60 and no annual pass discount!!! I just asked her what she named it because I couldn't remember and she shockingly said she couldn't remember either. Then she said Irana which I'm pretty sure wasn't it but we'll go with that until she forgets again.

Pee in the parks certainly seems to be on the rise. Maybe its the Shanghai Disney effect :P

Sorry it took me so long, Kari, but I'm finally here! Now whether or not I stay caught up may be another matter...
You're here and caught up or not that is half the battle as I well know. :hug:

I loved Casey's getup for the 5K! She looked like she was having a blast—super happy and sporty! Good for her!
She is quite the sporty girl. She can join a running club at school next year and can't wait to do it. With her long legs she's a natural.

This drink sounds amazing. I need to stop at Nomads Lounge some d ay. :)
Am I the only person going here :confused3 Seriously though you should try it. Its really done well and the drinks do not disappoint.

I am very sure you are not the only one. For an 8 year old Casey certainly has an adventurous palate.

I’m dying here...:rotfl2:

I also have never sat inside, it’s always full and an outside table clears out first. I like the verandah though, if the weather is tolerable.
We like outside too, but since we are usually there in the summer inside tends to be the safer bet.

That cauliflower is my new favorite. I had a pretty bad experience with the poutine, so unfortunate. Maybe ordering off Tiffins menu is the better bet?
Glad to know I'm not the only one that loved the cauliflower. I've read nothing about it so we must be the cool girls that found it before the internet starts taking cauliflower selfies :-)

Holy cow that looks amazing!!!!
Marrying a chef certainly has its perks!

Damn, if we had waited to go last week until you got there maybe you would've been able to snag that awesome Wizard View for us too :smickey: I'm making that request next time. Seriously asking the CM at the podium for that specific view.
I find it helps if you slip them a $20 then all your wizard viewing dreams can come true :-)

Had this when we did not go without you on the EPIC trip :thumbsup2 I forced everyone else to try it because it's so good; I ended up eating most of it along with Joe because @buzzrelly and @Jenny Sanders weren't really listening to me :snooty:
Hey that sounds like every time I wanted to talk about food, which of course is incessantly :P

Got these too for the first time and I agree on the goat cheese over the truffle taste. I didn't mind and I did like the gravy but wished the fries were a little crispier.
I wouldn't have minded had they called them goat cheese poutine.

These look amazing! Andy doesn't really cook, grill yes, but nothing like that! lucky Lady!
Lucky for my taste buds, not so lucky for my waistline

So, I mentioned this to Gwen and told her that Casey ate Octapus. And she said no way. But then she said, well maybe, if Casey is eating it... Peer Pressure at it's best!
We'll have her eating sushi and octopus and bone marrow and calamari and all the things Casey loves in no time

You’ll be shocked to know she’s touched it exactly twice since we’ve been home.
This is my "shocked" face --> :scared1: :laughing:

Per my notes I also “like dog beer yogurt.” I mean who doesn’t?
I haven't met a single dog beer yogurt I haven't thoroughly enjoyed :snooty:

As we ventured out of the theater, we came upon a boy about 4 who apparently decided the bushes by the exit were a good place to take a leak. Not nearly as bad as the full on portable potty @disneyandi came upon in the Magic Kingdom, but still not what anyone wants to see or explain to your daughter!!
What is with the questionable guest behavior lately?! I mean, my own notwithstanding... but at least I have the decency to use a proper bathroom!

Yes par for the course for Disney gifts, but this one costs $60 and no annual pass discount!!! I just asked her what she named it because I couldn't remember and she shockingly said she couldn't remember either. Then she said Irana which I'm pretty sure wasn't it but we'll go with that until she forgets again.

Pee in the parks certainly seems to be on the rise. Maybe its the Shanghai Disney effect :P

:-)

Ooo, I like the name Irana! Very Pandora-ish! No AP discount? Why? This is ridiculous! I guess they equate banshees on the level of Alex & Ani, and Dooney & Bourke. Of course, that's Disney sucking every penny out of us. Shanghia Disney effect, yep, makes sense!

We took a detour to Wilderness Lodge and headed over to Geyser Point. With a half empty restaurant they told us it would be 30 minutes to get a seat so we just ordered at the bar and sat at one of the tables by the pool.

Same wait as when it's full :confused3

We started with some delicious corn bread and butter (which was too cold to spread #PetPeeve) and a salad.

That's pretty much all I ate when I went there…plus the strawberry shortcake, of course ::yes::

And she got singled out for her birthday by Six Bits so she was officially a Hoop Dee Doo celebrity.

So fun!

Overall, everyone loved dinner. Casey declared the ribs the best but said she liked everything. As far as the show its pure camp and nostalgia but even the non-Disneyphiles R2D2 had a great time.

I love HDDR! I think we'll go again next year when we go with the whole family. Mike and Kaleb have never seen it, but I think they'll like it, especially since Mike can have all the pitchers of beer he wants all to himself :rotfl:

After a very early morning the day before we slept in and got to Animal Kingdom around 1030 looking quite refreshed if I do say so myself.

I don't know how you do it :worship:

I’d been able to avoid buying this thing for several trips now, but the birthday banshee finally bit us. You’ll be shocked to know she’s touched it exactly twice since we’ve been home.

Ha! I'm sure he'll end up in a drawer similar to where our Pal Mickey has been for 14 years. Remember him??

But we eventually got one and we even got the elusive wizard view.

Ooooohhhhh…lucky!

Note at Nomads you can also order from the Tiffins appetizer menu so some of the items are from there.

Note that nobody told me that and I missed...
Last up we have my absolutely favorite item of the afternoon (besides the multiple zings of course) and one of the best items of the trip – Gobi Manchurian - which is Crispy-fried Cauliflower, Manchurian Sauce, and Green Onion.

Humph! I totally would have gotten that instead of my sliders…though they were also good.

As we ventured out of the theater, we came upon a boy about 4 who apparently decided the bushes by the exit were a good place to take a leak. Not nearly as bad as the full on portable potty @disneyandi came upon in the Magic Kingdom, but still not what anyone wants to see or explain to your daughter!!

Oh my! That's unbelievable :sad2:

Happy Mothers Day to everyone! I had a great day at a brewery followed by Jason and Casey making me my favorite scallops for dinner.

img_1718-jpeg.400330

img_7246-jpeg.400331

Happy Mother's Day! Looks like a perfect day! I did eventually get home around 8pm and had a glass of wine...with my leftover pizza.

And you didn't tell us we could order from Tiffin's appetizers, so we're even :P

Happy Mother’s day to you too... I’m like whatever, every day should be Mother’s Day, just saying!

I really loved Tiffins on my last visit and was thinking of checking out nomads lounge soon, and this update has me second guessing myself only in why is it not secured in my plans!

Your drink sounds fabulous but I’m not into gin.... but I may give it a try, and the food all looks really good too.

Kevin, I think this whole set up is hysterical! He just wonders around and people take pictures.... I don’t know why but I find it so funny!

I mean are the bushes not we’re kids are supposed to pee? Ugh where are his parents? Not judging nope not me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!