A Tipsy Tenth Dining Adventure - Completed 9/28

I'm here, and caught up, but late as usual. Please don't make me drink the 3 drink penalty! I'll be passed out, and I have to babysit my 7 month old grandson today! I've been following your epic DIS girls trip on FB and IG, and I'm so jealous! You guys are having so much fun! What an awesome trip! Oh my gosh, you really do know how to make the most of your WDW trips! I'm so impressed that Casey did her first runDisney event. Harry's done three so far, one Wine & Dine half, and two Star Wars halves, with his fourth half coming up at this November's Wine & Dine. I'm like you, waving so long, good luck, break a leg (well maybe not that, haha) from the bed. There is absolutely no way in h e double l that I'm getting up at 2:30am to go run my butt off. You are such a great mom to get up and do Casey's hair! :laughing: I agree with you about the Plaza restaurant, for the price, and the fact that it's located in the MK, it can't be beat. I want to try breakfast there. I've heard good things about the lobster fried green tomatoes eggs benedict. We've had the loaded fries several times, and they always sounds better on the menu than they are in reality. After reading your Hoop dee Doo review, the song is now stuck in my head! Hoop dee Doo, Hoop de Doo, lalala... I especially love going to the Hoop dee Doo when we're at WDW in the fall. There's something special about Fort Wilderness then. Always such a fun show no matter when you go! I've always wondered what Shades of Green looked like. A friend of mine usually stays there, as her husband is retired military. I didn't realize it doesn't have access to the Disney bus service. That's a bummer. Your Minnie Van ride sounded like a lot of fun! We've yet to take one. I'm too cheap, and just got a regular Lyft when we've needed one.

We took a detour to Wilderness Lodge and headed over to Geyser Point. With a half empty restaurant they told us it would be 30 minutes to get a seat so we just ordered at the bar and sat at one of the tables by the pool.
I hate when this happens. Plus you couldn't order your drinks an sit in the nice chairs I am guessing.. Boo.

While this appears to be an "after" shot, the ribs were very tender and well cooked with a slight char on the outside, which I love. The bbq sauce was a bit too sweet baby rays for my liking, but that of course did not stop me from eating 3.
As a northerner Sweet Baby Ray's is just fine with me!

After a misguided summer 20+ years ago when my mother made corn every single day for dinner, I no longer eat this stuff. But I’m gonna vote it tasted like corn.
You just re-told that this weekend. I feel special to have heard it twice. Don't worry, I will forget in a day.

Our driver was awesome!!! And per my notes he told us stories of the history of Minnie vans and doing crowd control at MK. After more than a few beers and some wine back in the room I recall none of that now but I’m sure it was exhilarating.
Love the picture! Minnie vans from Hoop seem like the best value, no matter which resort you are at.

i think we are going to do Hoop Dee Doo when we are there in December.

I didn't know you were telling Casey something other than that you were going to Disney! Oye! One day she will be on social media and be so mad at you. Good times!

i said something to the girls this weekend about when me and Andy come back in the fall by ourselves. And Morgan was MAD!!!! ha!

I think I skipped your Plaza review without commenting but I was busy getting ready for a little EPICness. You know, 2nd verse same as the first :rockband:

We took a detour to Wilderness Lodge and headed over to Geyser Point.
I kept thinking that when you walked in WL last week it would be your first time there in ages, not knowing you were there in Feb! Awesome.

Mashed Potatoes (with one lone piece of corn)
This deserves the hashtag #classicartsyphoto

Up next, my Disney home away from home
Ooh, just like your "who's who" on the spot guess last week I'm certain I now where you went :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

i said something to the girls this weekend about when me and Andy come back in the fall by ourselves. And Morgan was MAD!!!! ha!
:laughing: Yeah my boys are past that now. When Steve and I are going they just want to know who will be feeding them......

Have an absolutely fabulous time, as I am sure you will! I will be living vicariously through all the reports, so wish I was there with you all! :)
We so wish you were with us too!!!! Next time for sure!

I just love Geyser Point. My cousin and I had a girls' trip for my birthday and it was the calm in the storm after a crazy MK morning. Before that, DH and I convinced the kids to look around WL before our Trail's End dinner. A drink at Territory Lounge, a drink or two at Geyser Point, then after we got to the Fort the sky opened up and drowned everyone for hours. DH and I were like hippies, enjoying the cool breeze in June ;) At least, for the first half hour of waiting for a table and before making a soaking wet run for the outhouse!
Sounds like you all enjoyed Geyser as much as us. Just got back on Monday from our EPIC disboards girls trip and we shut down either Geyser Point or Territory Lounge every night!!!!

I really enjoy your reports. I booked on a whim when free dining was offered in Aug by Visa and am contemplating trying to take pics and notes for my first report. I've never used the DDP. Now that a decent beverage can be had I'm not dreading it and imagine my notes will be similar to those in your previous trip! Unfortunately, I find myself looking to maximize the freeness! I have 3 buffets scheduled for the kids and I (DH will stay home and sane). Unless it's The Wave or CG, I'm really not interested. Who am I and where are the $7 snacks?!? I think I just found my title.
Sounds like you have an epic dining report in the making!!!! I can only speak for myself but I love to write about our adventures. It seems like it extends the trip and I love to share all our food adventures. And as you've found out, trip report titles are key, and since you've already found a great one I think its mandatory now.

When will you be there? We're going in August too!

Have a great trip! Maybe we can enjoy two of your dining reports at once :)
No plans for me to do a dining report (I rather enjoyed just being along for the ride on this trip) but I know a lot of the other ladies will be.

Glad to know I wasn't the only person who couldn't find the Minnie Van pickup location without ease! Why oh why don't they have it in a better and more well-lit location. Or at the least, a little signage would go a long way.
I know right? Walking through a farm on an unlit path certainly didn't seem like the right way :P We even asked several cast members and could never get a firm answer.

Have a brilliant trip with all the other EPIC disers. Wish I was there too. You’ll just have to eat, drink and be merry for those of us who couldn’t make it!:drinking1party:
You'll be shocked to know I did all 3 of those things for about 10!!!!!

I'm here, and caught up, but late as usual. Please don't make me drink the 3 drink penalty
Sometimes good thing are waiting for so I'll let you skip the penalty :hug:

I've been following your epic DIS girls trip on FB and IG, and I'm so jealous! You guys are having so much fun! What an awesome trip!
We had an amazing time! I didn't realize how much me time I needed until I got it. Still feel guilty for leaving the kiddo behind, but it was definitely a once in a lifetime experience.

I'm like you, waving so long, good luck, break a leg (well maybe not that, haha) from the bed. There is absolutely no way in h e double l that I'm getting up at 2:30am to go run my butt off. You are such a great mom to get up and do Casey's hair! :laughing:
Let be clear there is no way I'm getting up at 2:30 for anything!!!! Though thankfully the hair was easy and I was soon back in bed running in my dreams.

agree with you about the Plaza restaurant, for the price, and the fact that it's located in the MK, it can't be beat. I want to try breakfast there. I've heard good things about the lobster fried green tomatoes eggs benedict
I want to do breakfast too!!! Figure we may do that in August. Kelly and I had lunch there on Monday and as usual it didn't disappoint.

After reading your Hoop dee Doo review, the song is now stuck in my head! Hoop dee Doo, Hoop de Doo, lalala... I especially love going to the Hoop dee Doo when we're at WDW in the fall.
Thank you for now getting that stuck in my head too!!!

As a northerner Sweet Baby Ray's is just fine with me!
You can keep your Northern stuff. I'll take North Carolina vinegar sauce any day of the week!

You just re-told that this weekend. I feel special to have heard it twice. Don't worry, I will forget in a day.
What can I say I have exactly 5 stories I tell, so the corn one is bound to come up regularly :P

Love the picture! Minnie vans from Hoop seem like the best value, no matter which resort you are at.

i think we are going to do Hoop Dee Doo when we are there in December.
Go in August and we can all go together!!!!!!

Very embarrassed that I didn't even know this was underway. Hope you got home from St. Louis okay! :P
You should be embarrassed. Mortified even. Like did you seriously have anything better going on? Its not like your a fancy lawyer or just went to Disney world or anything.

And I made it home safe and sound from St. Louis. Got stuck in the arch for a while and fell in the Mississippi river, but thankfully made it home.

I didn't know you were telling Casey something other than that you were going to Disney! Oye! One day she will be on social media and be so mad at you. Good times!

I don't know why I didn't tell her either, just felt guilty and of course thought a little white lie couldn't hurt. I'm sure she'll see my picture and be on to be before the month is over!!! And the she'll go all Morgan mad on me.

I think I skipped your Plaza review without commenting but I was busy getting ready for a little EPICness. You know, 2nd verse same as the first :rockband:
What is this EPICness of which you speak? Some game of thrones thing? I heard Henry the 8th was on the last episode. Did you know he married the widow next door who'd been married 7 times before? And all of them named Henry (Henry) :P

I kept thinking that when you walked in WL last week it would be your first time there in ages, not knowing you were there in Feb! Awesome.
It was brief, so this trip truly got it back in my soul. Now if only my travel agent could find me an amazing rate for August and my whole family could experience it :P

Ooh, just like your "who's who" on the spot guess last week I'm certain I now where you went :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
No chance anyone could guess it. I'm not transparent at all and never rave about it. Plus you'd never ever go there without me, right?

Ha, I'm thinking of having my Birthday dinner at Hoop de doo this year!
It's the perfect place for it!!!

Aug 1-6, at AKL for the first time. If we overlap we should meet for beverages!
Oh man, we don't come down until the 10th!

That would be fun! Are you guys def staying the night on Sunday? We could do it that night? That would be fun!
I'm pretty sure we are just need to see if I can add a night to the hotel. I'll text ya

Home Sweet Nomad's

After a very early morning the day before we slept in and got to Animal Kingdom around 1030 looking quite refreshed if I do say so myself.

We hung out with a couple of bugs and got our Sivako on before Casey spied her present of the day.

I’d been able to avoid buying this thing for several trips now, but the birthday banshee finally bit us. You’ll be shocked to know she’s touched it exactly twice since we’ve been home.

While we did that I sent the rest of the gang ahead to our Disney home away from home (and R2s only request for this trip) - Nomads Lounge!!!

Unfortunately it was crazy busy and they were still stalking tables when I got there. But we eventually got one and we even got the elusive wizard view.

We of course started with drinks.

That’s my one and only Nomads drinks – an Annapurna Zing - Bombay Sapphire East Gin, Passion Fruit Purée, Mint, Simple Syrup, and Lime Juice topped with Ginger Beer. Slightly tart from the passion fruit, spicy from the ginger beer, and botanical from the gin and mint. #DisneyDrinkPerfection

From my notes R2 got a Limbarion, which is either a Lime Barron, a Limber Librarian or a Lamu Libation with Starr African Rum, Cruzan Banana Rum, Guava Purée, Orange, Lime, and Pineapple Juices and topped with Gosling's 151 Rum.

Continuing the obvious ordering Jason got his Tempting Tigress on with Russell's Reserve 10yr Bourbon, St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram, Tamarind Syrup, and Lime Juice.

Not wanting to be left out Casey had to get in on the Tempting Tigress action too!

D2 got the Jenn’s Tattoo with Ketel One Vodka, Watermelon, Hibiscus, and Lime Juice.

While an afternoon of day drinking sounded great to me, we thought it responsible to also order some food. Note at Nomads you can also order from the Tiffins appetizer menu so some of the items are from there.

First up we have Casey’s choice, the Charred Octopus with Romesco Sauce, Olive Tapenade, Chorizo, and Squid Ink Aïoli.

The char on this was perfect and the octopus paired well with the briny olives and earthy aioli. It wasn’t very hot temperature wise, but still hit the tentacle spot.

We also shared the Spiced Chickpea Falafel with Mint-Pistachio Pesto, Cumin-scented Garlic Yogurt Sauce, and Pickled Vegetables.

These were a little on the dry side, but we loved the spicy flavor and the pickled veggies were a great accompaniment.

Up next we got the Tiffins Signature Bread Service with Indian-spiced Tomato Chutney, Spicy Coriander Yogurt, and Fig Tapenade.

All of the breads and sauces were great but the slightly spicey chutney was by far my favorite. Per my notes I also “like dog beer yogurt.” I mean who doesn’t?

From the actual Nomads menu we have the Truffle Poutine with Truffle Tremor Cheese, French Fries, Crispy Onions, and Black Truffle Salt.

Unfortunately these were our only disappointing item. They were good and all, but had way too much gravy and the “truffle” cheese tasted more like goat cheese. Now I like me some cheese of the goat, but when promised truffle, truffle I want!!!

Last up we have my absolutely favorite item of the afternoon (besides the multiple zings of course) and one of the best items of the trip – Gobi Manchurian - which is Crispy-fried Cauliflower, Manchurian Sauce, and Green Onion.

To say this was amazing is an understatement. The cauliflower was so dense (in only the best of ways) and fried to crispy perfection that you may have thought it was actually chicken. And the Manchurian Sauce had deep garlic and ginger flavor with a great kick to it. It was so good we may be back later in the week to have some more.

This of course was another successful trip to Nomad’s Lounge. The food was wonderful, drinks amazing, and the relaxing atmosphere makes you feel like you are no where near a theme park . With our tables in wonderland card we saved $28.20.

After lunch we went on safari & a yeti expedition…

….Hung with some dinosaurs and explored the Gorilla trail

Have you seen the newest addition?

We even got two illusive Kelfies...

A Kevin Selfie

And the highly coveted Kari Selfie

Afterwards we saw the Lion King show where we had seats by the sign language interpreters. They were highly entertaining and very distracting as they sang and danced along with some of the cheesiest moves I’d seen in a long time.

As we ventured out of the theater, we came upon a boy about 4 who apparently decided the bushes by the exit were a good place to take a leak. Not nearly as bad as the full on portable potty @disneyandi came upon in the Magic Kingdom, but still not what anyone wants to see or explain to your daughter!!

Up next we continue to get our Africa on….

Every time I read your Nomad lounge review, I vow to stop there and I still haven’t made it yet!! This August we are trying it out, I want the drink you love and the appetizers always sound so good and the gf churros are suppose to be delicious. Have you tried those? Love to see all your fun photos!

Sorry you had the wrath of Casey, after she found you Epic trip pictures! :eek: We can’t hide anything from those kids,:laughing:

Casey touching the Banshee twice since being home is better than most!

Nomads looks awesome as always. We had the truffle fries in January and agreed that they were meh. All their cocktails are so yum!

What a great update! Between wizard views, decent food and awesome drinks nomad’s lounge sounds like the place to be. Adding in that you’ve got not 1 but 2 tempting tigresses in the family and one of them can pick both nostrils at once while on a thrill ride and girl you must be thanking your lucky stars each and every day!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Love your photos and totally agree that you’re all looking dapper as you start your AK day :thumbsup2

:eek:on the 4 year old boy toilet habits, mind you I was in a queue once for the loos at dtd when a mum ran in with her toddler and without asking anyone could she jump to the front of the line she lifted him up to pee in the sink!:scared1::scared1:
Needless to say I and everyone else were gobsmacked!! Some people really shouldn’t be allowed kids!
I’ll leave you now with that cheerful image in your brain!
Happy Mother’s Day btw:daisy:

Last edited:
I love Nomad’s so much. I’ve only sat on the porch so far. I’m not sure if I’ve even been inside. Will have to try that next time for a different perspective. Glad to hear Casey has at least touched the banshee since. There’s something about Disney that makes you buy things you think will totally carry over into “real life” and then don’t. Love the tipsy notes - limber librarian. :rotfl: The tigress pictures are great too! :thumbsup2

I’d been able to avoid buying this thing for several trips now, but the birthday banshee finally bit us. You’ll be shocked to know she’s touched it exactly twice since we’ve been home.
I declared that they couldn't get those before they even saw them... But they really didn't have an intrest in them. I fear for what they will have in Galaxy's Edge. They are going to want it all.

That’s my one and only Nomads drinks – an Annapurna Zing - Bombay Sapphire East Gin, Passion Fruit Purée, Mint, Simple Syrup, and Lime Juice topped with Ginger Beer. Slightly tart from the passion fruit, spicy from the ginger beer, and botanical from the gin and mint. #DisneyDrinkPerfection
One day I will get us here and I will try this drink. It sound like something I would like!

First up we have Casey’s choice, the Charred Octopus with Romesco Sauce, Olive Tapenade, Chorizo, and Squid Ink Aïoli.

The char on this was perfect and the octopus paired well with the briny olives and earthy aioli. It wasn’t very hot temperature wise, but still hit the tentacle spot.
The goal our our meal together needs to be getting Casey to get Gwen to eat something different! Gwen is so plain kid food.

As we ventured out of the theater, we came upon a boy about 4 who apparently decided the bushes by the exit were a good place to take a leak. Not nearly as bad as the full on portable potty @disneyandi came upon in the Magic Kingdom, but still not what anyone wants to see or explain to your daughter!!
Add that to the list of things thankfully mom of girls don't have to worry about.

You always make the food from Nomad's look so delicious! I was really hoping those truffle fries were amazing. I can totally see you getting Casey a birthday banshee, after all, it is was her birthday, and she's super cute, so, why not? The fact that she touched it twice since being home is par for the course for things that the kids "must" have, lol! Does birthday banshee have a name? I can't believe all the pee in the parks posts I've been reading, from here and on Facebook! What the heck is up with that? Yuck.

Sorry it took me so long, Kari, but I'm finally here! Now whether or not I stay caught up may be another matter...

I loved Casey's getup for the 5K! She looked like she was having a blast—super happy and sporty! Good for her!

Jason's Orange Bird/Citrus swirl shirt is awesome. Much love!

Every time I read your Nomad lounge review, I vow to stop there and I still haven’t made it yet!! This August we are trying it out, I want the drink you love and the appetizers always sound so good and the gf churros are suppose to be delicious. Have you tried those? Love to see all your fun photos!

Sorry you had the wrath of Casey, after she found you Epic trip pictures! :eek: We can’t hide anything from those kids,:laughing:

You need to go! If you go in August on a day we're close to Animal Kingdom, maybe we'll even be able to stop in and join you. The GF churros ARE delicious!! I highly recommend dipping in both sauces at the same time, as they complement each other nicely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter