A Tipsy Tenth Dining Adventure - Completed 9/28

It was during this excursion where Jason found his favorite character of the trip – Hula Hoop Bob - who you can barely see behind Casey. From what we could gather he is a photopass photographer but what drew Jason’s attention is that he did not move. At all. We watched him for a solid 5 minutes and thought perhaps he was sleeping standing up (or worse).

Oh, my! That poor man! I'm always thinking about who I might have to perform CPR on when I'm out and about, especially at the gym or at WDW. I actually had to do it once at the gym…a man (who looks a lot like poor Hula Hoop Bob) just went down right in front of me. I literally jumped off the stair master and called for someone to call 911 and had to start compressions on the poor man :sad1:

And then paid homage to Casey's once favorite ride.

R.I.P. Great Movie Ride

Such a wonky picture…I love it!

Then we did the 2.3 attractions in the park before Casey conquered Rockin’ Roller Coaster for the first time.

Between my quadruple chins, Casey’s terror, and D2’s she just 💩 herself face I’m not sure who had the hardest time but Casey did survive and even got photographic evidence of it.

:rotfl2:Did she love it??

Our favorites were a bunch of millennials who were having their very own Tyra Banks moment with at least 15 minutes of constant photos including the coveted laying on the dirty disgusting ground shots. This generation I do not get says the old lady.

Everyone wants to be Instafamous. I'm sure if we were 30 years younger, We'd be doing the same thing. Sadly, if I tried to do that now, I wouldn't be able to get up off the ground :crazy2:

Side note, what is up with those god awful old lady plates? I think it would be hard to get anything to taste good on that.

Kind of a weird choice for a restaurant. Maybe they want you to feel like you're eating at Grandma's house :confused3

This is Georges Bank scallops in a golden batter served with citrus lime dipping sauce and sweet chili jam and hands down one of the best things I ate all week. Now I love scallops and eat them a lot but this was my first time having them fried. The crunchy batter added a nice texture to the tender scallops and they were amazing dipped in the housemade tarter sauce I stole from Jason.

Yum! Scallops are one of the only seafood items I'll eat, and I'll only eat them fried. I love to head to the shore in the summer and sit on a wooden picnic table with my order of fried scallops :love:
I generally like the food at Raglan Road – and the scallops were divine – but a long wait coupled with not being able to see the entertainment were a definite disappointment. But thanks to many beers we had craic anyway (thanks @luvpoohandcompany for the vocabulary lessons). Don’t think we’ll be back again anytime soon, but with our tables in wonderland card we did save $30.80.

I think we are going to try to eat here for St. Patrick's Day next year since we'll be down there anyway.

Eventually we hiked over to the Poly to catch the monorail at the ticket and transportation center to Epcot. I was very disappointed to see the deluxe Poly did not have its own entrance and instead we had to get in security lines with the masses driving in from the Kissimmee Best Western (not that there is anything wrong with that).

And you get to go through security twice…so much fun 🙄

After the harrowing experience that is Disney’s version of the boarder wall we finally arrived and despite trying to strangle our child

She did survive and honored Space Jesus in appreciation and simultaneously @pepperandchips

:rotfl:

We started with the Deconstructed Reuben at the Deconstructed Dish. Never could have guessed you’d find something deconstructed there.

Um….ew. That does NOT look appetizing.

We also got the Taiyaki which is a Japanese pastry filled with sweet bean paste.

No. Just no. When I read, "sweet bean paste," I kind of gagged.

Before finding the Mona Figment Casey in Italy and Frida Casey Kahlo in Mexico.

:lovestruc

But that was better than this thing she was angling for.

But what do you know they don’t actually sell them :confused3 Or so said her lying horrible mother.

You know she's figuring out your tricks…it's only a matter of time until you'll need to come up with a new strategy :rotfl2:

(aptly named by the two children I’m apparently raising)
:rotfl2:

Along the way we also saw this guy with might be the most magical hat I’ve ever seen.
:scared1: Well now don't I feel awkward in just my Minnie ears. Thanks castle hat dude :sad2:

Is that a castle on your head or are you just happy to see me?
:laughing:

I’m pretty sure we got a Shofferhoffer in Germany, but have no photographic evidence
When in doubt, assume you did. It's probably accurate ;)

But what do you know they don’t actually sell them :confused3 Or so said her lying horrible mother.
:rotfl: I can only hope other parents out there took this lesson!

Up next, a tipsy translation game just for @Tracy161
*game face on*

I laughed out loud at the fart festival title!!! Ha! Good eats and of course drinks at the fest!!! I love how you told Casey that fluffy pink puppet wasn’t for sale. I would have done the exact same thing. Lol!!!! Great tipsy minds think alike...

Today was the very last day of the Festival of the Farts (aptly named by the two children I’m apparently raising) and we stopped to paint the fart wall

:laughing:

I’m happy to report her raves were not exaggerated as this had just the right blend of bloody, spice, and vodka and I enjoyed the salted rim. That wonderful hubby of mine stole the pork, but I was just fine drinking my lunch today.

Yum!! Good choice for lunch.

This was standard order grocery store sushi, but definitely met the pretty quotient.

Cool :) Sushi donuts have become a bit of a thing at one of the sushi places we go to around here, too. Theirs are even prettier than this, though. The fish and roe and stuff is all layered a bit more creatively on top.

:rotfl: That's clever! Mother of the year!!

I am failing miserably on how to multi quote on my phone but thoroughly enjoyed the latest update! Totally agree Poly should have it’s own entrance to the TTC. Your Epcot day looks super fun and I am with Casey on the sushi and sugar combo. I may have made creative stories about items not being for in Disney too, otherwise we would have come home with every stuffie that existed!

My brother got a puppet thing like that once and he never looked at it again :laughing:
That is the fate of just about everything we buy at Disney for Casey. Hence me trying to tell her the expensive items weren't even for sale :P

They can come work at my office, today someone was at my desk talking to me and the person in the next cubical let out the loudest fart, we were not impressed.
That is disgusting!!!!!

well then we must take her word for it. Also WHEN DID SHE GET SO BIG!
I know right??? Second grade is done this week and I have no idea where the time is going.

This thing looks AMAZING! I saw it in her report and now yours, i hope the have it next year!
I hope so too!!! They have a similar one now. Not quite as good but still hits the bloody spot.

At least it wasn't standard order gas station sushi.
Is that even a thing? No thank you!!

ugh these and hatchimals, oh and LOLs... what are with those things? i have started secretly throwing them out... i cant deal
I don't even secretly throw them out I just throw them out. When Casey can't find something she without fail will say I threw or gave it way. I cleaned her room while she was gone for spring break and got 7 bags of stuff to donate or throw away out of it. All of those tiny things make me insane.

She is amazing!
I think so but I may be slightly biased :earboy2:

Stupid Squishies!!! They really have zero purpose! Morgan and Gwen watch some YouTuber who fixes and paints them to look like other things...
Casey watches the same stupid thing! Though I think zero purpose is giving them too much credit.

Ha! This is TOTALLY something I would say, too! We told Morgan when she was little that the Ice Cream Truck was a Music Truck and just drove around playing music...
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: The things we do for our children

Looks like some good times at The festival of farts!!
Good farts and time indeed :earboy2:

Sure I thought you were already a member of my family:rotfl:
Ah shucks thanks

Oh, my! That poor man! I'm always thinking about who I might have to perform CPR on when I'm out and about, especially at the gym or at WDW. I actually had to do it once at the gym…a man (who looks a lot like poor Hula Hoop Bob) just went down right in front of me. I literally jumped off the stair master and called for someone to call 911 and had to start compressions on the poor man
Wow, I don't know how you keep your calm in a situation like that to go straight into CPR mode. Since this guy was upright we weren't too worried, but it was literally minutes before he even moved. We'll have to look out for him again in August to see if he is still standing

:rotfl2:Did she love it??
We'll revisit it later in the trip and lets just say she does not ride again

Everyone wants to be Instafamous. I'm sure if we were 30 years younger, We'd be doing the same thing. Sadly, if I tried to do that now, I wouldn't be able to get up off the ground :crazy2:
We'll just have to be ok with being in the disfamous old lady gang :earboy2:

Yum! Scallops are one of the only seafood items I'll eat, and I'll only eat them fried. I love to head to the shore in the summer and sit on a wooden picnic table with my order of fried scallops :love:
I didn't think there was any seafood you'd eat. Eating them by the shore sounds like perfection. Funny how you eat them fried all the time and I didn't even know that was a thing. Before these I'd only ever had them sautéed.

I think we are going to try to eat here for St. Patrick's Day next year since we'll be down there anyway.
Might I suggest an early lunch as a good option.

No. Just no. When I read, "sweet bean paste," I kind of gagged.
:crazy2::crazy2::crazy2: Thankfully the beans were not detectable it just had an odd consistency

You know she's figuring out your tricks…it's only a matter of time until you'll need to come up with a new strategy :rotfl2:
And what that strategy is I have no idea....

You told her they didn’t sell them?!?! 😂 Gotta love a festival day at Epcot. So many yummy treats.
Yup, mother of the year right here!!!

:scared1: Well now don't I feel awkward in just my Minnie ears. Thanks castle hat dude :sad2:
I think you could walk around Epcot naked with this guy and still not feel awkward :earboy2:

:rotfl: I can only hope other parents out there took this lesson!
One can only hope that no parents are taking lessons from me :P

*game face on*
Here is a preview just for you...

Loki g sambal really got short

I laughed out loud at the fart festival title!!! Ha! Good eats and of course drinks at the fest!!! I love how you told Casey that fluffy pink puppet wasn’t for sale. I would have done the exact same thing. Lol!!!! Great tipsy minds think alike...
Yes you and I are certainly members of the""great" parenting underpinned by 12 year old humor club 💩💩💩

Cool :) Sushi donuts have become a bit of a thing at one of the sushi places we go to around here, too. Theirs are even prettier than this, though. The fish and roe and stuff is all layered a bit more creatively on top.
I had no idea this was even a thing beyond Disney. We actually just went out for sushi last night. We love our local place, but no semblance of pretty donuts going on there.

:rotfl: That's clever! Mother of the year!!
Mother of the century!

Brilliant update and some super parental fibbing on the puppets :rotfl: Love it!
I mean why would everyone play with them if they were for sale, right? Clearly they are just there to play with.

I am failing miserably on how to multi quote on my phone but thoroughly enjoyed the latest update! Totally agree Poly should have it’s own entrance to the TTC. Your Epcot day looks super fun and I am with Casey on the sushi and sugar combo. I may have made creative stories about items not being for in Disney too, otherwise we would have come home with every stuffie that existed!
The Poly not having its own entrance is just ridiculous. I was surprised there was one there, but it was only for cast members apparently :confused3

I'm going to have to come up with more creative stories to get me out of buying her more stuff on or upcoming trip. Thankfully she at least can't milk the birthday this time around

I'm going to have to come up with more creative stories to get me out of buying her more stuff on or upcoming trip. Thankfully she at least can't milk the birthday this time around
By the time our next trip rolled around, we figured that a loaded Disney gift card ($50-$100) was the best way to give the boys their spending money. It was amazing how discerning they became when it was "their" money!

We'll have to look out for him again in August to see if he is still standing

Sadly, from the looks of him, I somehow doubt he’s still standing :sad1:

Might I suggest an early lunch as a good option.
That sounds like a good idea...do they have the entertainment at lunch?

I didn't think there was any seafood you'd eat. Eating them by the shore sounds like perfection. Funny how you eat them fried all the time and I didn't even know that was a thing. Before these I'd only ever had them sautéed.

I’m surprised I eat them too. There’s something about going to the beach and then stopping at a road-side stand for fried scallops though. I’ll send you a pic this summer :goodvibes

It was during this excursion where Jason found his favorite character of the trip – Hula Hoop Bob - who you can barely see behind Casey. From what we could gather he is a photopass photographer but what drew Jason’s attention is that he did not move. At all. We watched him for a solid 5 minutes and thought perhaps he was sleeping standing up (or worse). We looked for him for the rest of the trip to confirm that he was still standing but we never saw him again. Zoinks!!
LOL, possible animatronic?
Before leaving, R2D2 somehow (aka 2 beers) got me on Tower of Terror which as someone with a fear of heights is just about my worst nightmare.

But this is fun, right?
No, it's not. :rotfl:

They both liked the crispy and tender fish and chips but for $20 this was skimpy at best. Jason commented that “cankers kids meal times 2 and get twice and much for 2 less. “ Which I’m gonna go out on a limb and say translates to you could order 2 kids meals of fish and chips and get twice as much food for $2 less. Pro translation and tip right there.
At first I thought you both also got kids meals! That is skimpy. How does this compare to Yorkshire County?

This is Georges Bank scallops in a golden batter served with citrus lime dipping sauce and sweet chili jam and hands down one of the best things I ate all week. Now I love scallops and eat them a lot but this was my first time having them fried. The crunchy batter added a nice texture to the tender scallops and they were amazing dipped in the housemade tarter sauce I stole from Jason. It did come with two sauces of its own but “no like fruit and tomato sauce but tarter best don’t norm like but very dull forward.” Oh so dull forward is the secret to a good tarter sauce.
Yum! I've never had deep fried scallops but these look great!

This seemed a little deconstructed for deconstructed sake, which I guess was the point, but the ratio of items
Interesting, I had the deconstructed cheesecake and the BLT with Egg and they were great!
Onward next up was the Refreshment port where I of course had to get the Glazed Pork Belly Bloody Kari that @ariane37 had tortured me with photos of raved about.
Best drink ever!!
That wonderful hubby of mine stole the pork, but I was just fine drinking my lunch today.
I'd be so mad if Steve stole my pork belly!!

Is that a castle on your head or are you just happy to see me?
Clearly he wanted no attention. None at all.
Clearly he did not want his picture taken, Kari, how dare you!! :rotfl:

By the time our next trip rolled around, we figured that a loaded Disney gift card ($50-$100) was the best way to give the boys their spending money. It was amazing how discerning they became when it was "their" money!
Yeah we've gone that route too. Hoping I can persuade her not to buy anything on our trip in August. I'm sure that will go very well :P

That sounds like a good idea...do they have the entertainment at lunch?
I'm not sure if they do or not, but as crowded and slow as this place was on a random Sunday in February I wouldn't even want to see what St. Paddys day would look like.

I’m surprised I eat them too. There’s something about going to the beach and then stopping at a road-side stand for fried scallops though. I’ll send you a pic this summer :goodvibes
Yes please! I'll have to be on the look out for them around here.

LOL, possible animatronic?
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:Love the way you think.

At first I thought you both also got kids meals! That is skimpy. How does this compare to Yorkshire County?
It was definitely better, but I think the portion size was even smaller and it costs like $10 more!!!

Best drink ever!!
You said it sister!

Clearly he did not want his picture taken, Kari, how dare you!! :rotfl:
I know, right? Its kind of like Dapper Steve in front of the International Gateway sign. Clearly he did not want his picture taken either :-)

Thanks for the great trip reports I get so many planning ideas from your trip reports!

:rotfl:

Lucky sample really got short. I can only deduce that your lucky samples have been long in the past?!
I haven't been able to completely deduce it myself but I know it has something to do with sambal and short ribs. That's all I got

Thanks for the great trip reports I get so many planning ideas from your trip reports!
So glad you are enjoying. We clearly love food and sharing our experiences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter