A Tipsy Tenth Dining Adventure - Completed 9/28

Your tipsy Sanaa review is a gem! :rotfl2:

The question is...how did I miss...how did I not know...that at Nomads you can also order from the Tiffins appetizer menu?!!! :cloud9: No wonder Nomads is always packed!

From what we could gather he is a photopass photographer but what drew Jason’s attention is that he did not move. At all. We watched him for a solid 5 minutes and thought perhaps he was sleeping standing up (or worse).
giphy.gif

This is Georges Bank scallops in a golden batter served with citrus lime dipping sauce and sweet chili jam and hands down one of the best things I ate all week.
Oh Yum sounds delish
Is that a castle on your head or are you just happy to see me?
Clearly he wanted no attention. None at all.
:rotfl2:

I don't even secretly throw them out I just throw them out. When Casey can't find something she without fail will say I threw or gave it way. I cleaned her room while she was gone for spring break and got 7 bags of stuff to donate or throw away out of it. All of those tiny things make me insane.

MY IDOL!

Your tipsy Sanaa review is a gem! :rotfl2:
Why thank you. I'm shocked a newspaper hasn't contacted me to print it. :P

The question is...how did I miss...how did I not know...that at Nomads you can also order from the Tiffins appetizer menu?!!! :cloud9: No wonder Nomads is always packed!
I'm not sure how well known it is, but it is definitely a great option. I've heard some people have even been able to order entrees from Tiffins but we've never tried.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:At least the sloth is moving

A Tipsy Translation Game

Inspired by the amazing @Tracy161 below are my tipsy notes (with pictures added) straight from our night at Jiko. I thought it would be fun to see what everyone could discern from them. For those playing along at home I write "notes" into my phone on our trips and am often surprised by their level of comprehension when I revisit them months later. While these aren't my tipsiest of notes, after a day drinking and barely eating around the world showcase, there are definitely some gems in here. I'll come back this weekend with the "real" report but thought this would be a fun game in the interim to see how everyone interprets my tipsiness. Please do enjoy.

Uber to Jiko

Bad photo shoot

Start with mint tea new

Sweet potato bread nice and lite like buttah but not sure what it

Out of Africa cocktail very strong and a bit too sweet for me GLOW CUBE

Jason negroni like becAus can’t taste burboun he doesn’t like because of sam thing

The goose can wine out of Casey thinks server name is onesie

Onsy amazing work here 20 years so proud of what he does

Wine amazon complex slight heat high tonic with extrac price

Me filet best had improperly cooked perfect not as chars as others but seasoned well and decidedly tender. Sauce adds complex’s without taking away Brussels nice and county parsnips fine but didn’t flav

CAsey loved she Brussels first

Mac and chess wagging and elk on top more complex tha. Beef. Good spice def nutmeg flavor but inside of others love almonds add niceand raisins for sweet to add nice co contest actually mac needed slight more cheese but up all the rest

Casey so good got to paint own cookie

Dessert bring without asking to thank us for being f good patrons Jason and j. Downiest widget chocolate mouse fine not what I would have ordered but feee

Casey paint brush vownk f s nd cookie likes to paint lofenfhan eat

Jaso. Short ribs line am always can eat to your Loki g sambal really got short rib Cooked well don’t know what spinach and bean picture undefneat was but very tasty could have eaten axxeotamand with our meet so good ten out of ten would age. It again.

Yum yum give me some Casey so nice they named it twice

Uber back

Save f
itty

Updated: You can find the translation here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...pdated-6-16-jiko-part-2.3745114/post-60732866

Last edited:

Tipsy?! Who's tipsy? I just laughed heartily at a very fine report, that's all. Sorry that the filet wasn't quite as you expected. I understand how that works. A couple of trips ago I enjoyed one of the finest steaks I had the pleasure of devouring - the wagyu filet at Flying Fish. That delightful repast seems to have spoiled me for other steaks. It doesn't mean that I don't order one, though!

I'm at a loss for words...LOL!!!!

I will say that Casey looks gorgeous as always.

And, your food at Jiko looks amazing. This restaurant is still on my radar...

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :worship::drinking1
Praise be for tipsy notes!
Laughing my head off on this side of the Atlantic. Also thinking I should read them again later after I've consumed my fair share of wine (definitely looking for the now infamous Ball busting variety:rotfl:) with dinner this evening. Out celebrating 31st wedding anniversary which shouldn't be possible because I'm really only 23 at heart anyway! Bet the notes will make perfect sense if I am also tipsy lol

On a side-note have you ever heard of "tipsy tours"?
My niece is getting married soon and as part of her hen night they are going on a tipsy tour around Belfast! It's like a mobile bar/cycle thing where you pedal and drink (surprise surprise) your way around the city :scared1: The driver obviously isn't drinking but still! Way too much work for her auntie so i'm going to the restaurant to generously invest in the food and beverage industry just to , ya know, help keep the country afloat!:goodvibes:thumbsup2 I'll see if I can find a photo which will, no doubt, be more articulate than me:rotfl2:

Things I know for sure from reading this:

Casey looks adorable :goodvibes

You took an uber there and back.

There was Elk on your Mac & Cheese…yuck, by the way.

Jiko needs to put Glow Cubes in their drinks because it's too dark in the restaurant.

You drank wine.

Based on the amount you saved, your bill was a LOT!

Also, something about Loki :confused3

:worship: Tipsy Notes!

I love your tipsy jiko report! Didn’t even seem like you drank that much
We didn't drink all that much but we'd eaten very little that day (the 3 of us shared 4 items at the festival of the arts) and I think the alcohol in my drink put me over the top. I primarily drink beer and wine so anything else can sneak up on me :drinking1

Awww shucks :hug: Well I'm just thrilled to inspire something besides a bad date :rotfl:

You're right - some gems in here, indeed! I gotta come back to these after a good brainstorm :laughing:
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: You can be my "bad" date any day

:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

Tipsy?! Who's tipsy? I just laughed heartily at a very fine report, that's all. Sorry that the filet wasn't quite as you expected. I understand how that works. A couple of trips ago I enjoyed one of the finest steaks I had the pleasure of devouring - the wagyu filet at Flying Fish. That delightful repast seems to have spoiled me for other steaks. It doesn't mean that I don't order one, though!
Not me! I'll go back and discern what I was trying to say but I'm pretty sure I liked the steak. I mean isn't improperly cooked perfect a good thing :confused3

I'm at a loss for words...LOL!!!!
If only me and my tipsy notes were too :earboy2:

I will say that Casey looks gorgeous as always.
She was practicing for her planned career as a model. I don't have the heart to tell her with a 5 5" Mom and a 5'6" Dad she may want to rethink that :P

(and I’m a real millennial - we were born mostly in the 80s and early 90s... the hallmark of a millennial is that you were old enough to remember the year 2000. Most of these post-millennial whippersnappers doing dumb crap like laying in the street for photos are giving us old lady millennials a bad rap)
Amen sister!
honored Space Jesus
:worship: :worship: :worship:
Today was the very last day of the Festival of the Farts (aptly named by the two children I’m apparently raising) and we stopped to paint the fart wall
:rotfl:
So that's what I have to look forward to, raising multiple children as a single mom... :D
This seemed a little deconstructed for deconstructed sake, which I guess was the point, but the ratio of items was definitely off. Though if you could muster a bite with everything the flavors all went together very well.
Wait... is the ring supposed to stand in for the bread? Whaaaaatttt? Not that I've ever had a reuben, but still...
We also got the Taiyaki which is a Japanese pastry filled with sweet bean paste.
For some reason this looking like a fish but being sweet really bothers me, I don't think I could do it.
But what do you know they don’t actually sell them :confused3 Or so said her lying horrible mother.
Yes, yes, those are just there to add to the atmosphere of that pavilion!
GLOW CUBE
I can sense the excitement!
Yum yum give me some Casey so nice they named it twice
Hmm, this seems like a nice mantra to end every meal, may have to start that :P

:D:D:D

Also thinking I should read them again later after I've consumed my fair share of wine (definitely looking for the now infamous Ball busting variety:rotfl:) with dinner this evening
Now that would be great. Tipsy comments on tipsy notes!!! Though you may have discovered the rosetta stone to my notes.

Out celebrating 31st wedding anniversary which shouldn't be possible because I'm really only 23 at heart anyway! Bet the notes will make perfect sense if I am also tipsy lol
Happy Anniversary!!!!! Hope you all had a great night

On a side-note have you ever heard of "tipsy tours"? It's like a mobile bar/cycle thing where you pedal and drink (surprise surprise) your way around the city :scared1:
I haven't heard them called this, but did see something like that in Savannah, Georgia. Though the pedaling part does not sound like a "fun" experience to me!

So funny :rotfl2:
I do believe you liked it and maybe met Loki from the Avengers🤣:hyper:
Casey was definitely a good girl:rotfl:
Is it bad that I don't even know what a Loki is???? Never seen avengers (don't tell Su-Lynn) :earboy2:

:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

"Save fitty," that's what's up!
Clearly I'm a gangsta on the side

Love this! :tongue:
Me too!

Casey looks adorable :goodvibes
I'll tell her you said so, though I did opt to not post the pictures where she kept just putting her butt to the camera. :earboy2:

There was Elk on your Mac & Cheese…yuck, by the way.
There was and it was amazing!!!! Yum Yum Yum!!!

Based on the amount you saved, your bill was a LOT!
I hadn't even reverse engineered that one but it must have been. I think the wine was more than we wanted to pay but our waiter had us try a few and we couldn't pass that one up

Also, something about Loki :confused3
Caroline said the same thing and I don't even know what a Loki is :P

So that's what I have to look forward to, raising multiple children as a single mom... :D
Yup!!!! I'm pretty sure Zach and Jason are cut from the same childish cloth. I'm pretty sure they just keep me around to pay for things and make sure no one gets injured :earboy2:

Wait... is the ring supposed to stand in for the bread? Whaaaaatttt? Not that I've ever had a reuben, but still...
I think so. It was phyllo like but nothing like the rye bread it should have been

I can sense the excitement!
Who can't? I mean aren't glow cubes the most exciting thing about Disney!

Hmm, this seems like a nice mantra to end every meal, may have to start that :P
Still have absolutely no idea where this came from or what I meant by it. I do have a beautiful tee shirt that says "Yum Yum Getcha Some" (from a place called Captain Zach's!!!) but I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with anything. I'm gonna ask Jason but since he barely remembers yesterday I'm thinking he'll be no help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter