A Tipsy Tenth Dining Adventure - Completed 9/28

Whew...I was gone for 3 weeks and had a LOT of catching up to do. I"m so impressed with Jason and R2D2 wanting to do ANYTHING after the half. When I did princess, I made it back to the hotel, showered, and then slept until dinner time. I could not have walked that terrible walk from transportation to the studios and then gone to Disney Springs. Good for them!

Out of Africa cocktail very strong and a bit too sweet for me GLOW CUBE
I know you love those glow cubes?!?!! Why did you order a drink with a glow cube?

The goose can wine out of Casey thinks server name is onesie
Well, I am cheating as I read the real post already as well, but I didn't take you for a canned wine gal.

Downiest widget chocolate mouse fine not what I would have ordered but feee
Free is always good!!!

Yum yum give me some Casey so nice they named it twice
This is funnier knowing what it really was... really shows the tipsy-ness in the notes!

We were able to score a last minute reservation via Open Table to one of our favorite Disney Restaurants: Jiko. W
I am looking forward to trying this, if we keep our adults only trip.

Notice "The Scream" going down behind the bread
I would expect nothing less.

a glow cube, which should have been a sign I'd hate this, but Casey was thrilled
Can I bring old glow cubes with me to Disney for the girls? Or is that some sort of faux-pas

The mother kept asking them why they couldn't behave or eat as well as the girl at the next table (aka Casey). Onsy was impressed by her too and brought her this.
I fear that my girls are going to bring Casey down. I mean they are mostly well behaved but adding a kid to mix and all things may go hay-wire...

Snacks it’s whats for lunch!!!
This could be the Saucier Moto. We are snackers!

Awesome Jiko review! It is 100% our favorite restaurant. We’ve been to a lot of the signature restaurants and have never been handed warm towels to clean our hands, served complimentary tea to start or a palate cleanser except for at Jiko. Always had fantastic service and haven’t had the unfortunate experience of a bad meal there thank goodness. While we love some of the other signatures, they just haven’t done anything special or unique like Jiko has.

Just caught up. Fab trip and love the tipsy notes. I intend to try and keep tipsy notes myself this summer🤣🤣
I hope you decide to share said tipsy notes. I'm starting to feel like the only lush on the boards :earboy2:

I've been quietly following along and finally am popping in to say hi. I love your DRs and this has been so much fun to read. Love Casey's outfit from your night at Jiko!
Hi there! Thanks for following along and popping in. I clearly love to share all of our adventures and am thrilled when anyone reads along.

Ms. Casey is quite the little fashionista and sadly for her I have not a fashionable or shopping bone in my body. Thankfully for my wallet we get most of her clothes at consignment sales, but I am not looking forward to her as a teenager.

So exciting that you got to go on a girls' trip with friends from the DR board. I think I need to come around these parts more!
You most definitely do!!! I remember I used to read peoples reports and think it was odd that people would meet on here and then in person. And now here I am going on vacation with them!!! Its so fun to meet all the other crazy Disney people out there.

So great when your kids gets props at a restaurant! We are sometimes your table and sometimes the other 😔 But hell I’ll take the sometimes I’m your table!

Glad you enjoyed your meal so much, makes me want to eat here for sure!
Sometimes is definitely better than never :D It is certainly much easier when you only have 1 to try and control! I cannot fathom how people handle more than 1 kid.

This is such a great pic!! You all look fabulous! Joe and I really need to get our butts over to Jiko. After your stellar review, I'm in more of a hurry to check this restaurant out.
We had one of the cast members on the savanna take the picture and I swear she'd never seen an iPhone before. They all came out dark and grainy but I was able to at least add a little light to this one.

You and Joe def need to get to Jiko. It may be the only place on property that has never disappointed me.

Of course, she is well behaved!!! She's perfect!!!! It's obvious her parents taught her restaurant etiquette a looooong time ago. DUH!
You have met me right? :earboy2: What should be obvious is that she came out with manners and we've done nothing but try and bring her over to the dark side.

How have I missed this one!? 🤦‍♀️I’m here now though! Although I’m actually at work, so I’ll be back later to catch up on all the delicious details!:drinking1
How have you Fallon? Do you have a life or something going on? :P Always great to have another food lovin' epic girl along!

What a great family photo!
Kudos to Casey for being such a great diner and well done to you and Jason for raising her right!
I'm pretty sure she's raising herself and we're just here to make sure nothing catches on fire, but I'll take the compliment nonetheless!

I've been following along with your fabulous trip reports for awhile now and just wanted to pop in here and say how much I enjoy them! This one has been especially great and the tipsy notes are my favorite :drinking1 From one wine lover to another, I am getting some great suggestions for future wines in the world. We have a pretty similar eating/drinking style and I'm over here taking notes from the expert:thumbsup2
Welcome!!!! Always glad to have people follow along on all of our adventures. Tipsy meals are my favorite too. But I'm sure that goes without saying :drinking1

Be sure to send any wine suggestions my way too!!! We stick to the cheap but palatable stuff most of the time at home, so its great to splurge on vacation and try new things. The South African wines are always a great find because they are something I know absolutely nothing about.

Are you sure? I think your tipsy notes already summed it up quite well :rotfl:
They did. I should of just stuck with Loki and Yum Yum and all my other ridiculous and called it a day.

Thank goodness. I was really struggling to make any connection. The only think I could come up with was a vague memory of @chunkymonkey dressing as Loki on her cruise? I think? :laughing:
Maybe I was trying to channel Su-Lynn to Jiko with us. She was in the vicinity after all!

Auto correct, Kari? :upsidedow
Try it!!! Bobotie becomes bootie every time!

The food looks good from the back BuTTAH face...looks like Casey is doing The Scream
Too funny. I said the exact same thing when I attempted to translate my own self.

Obviously you only got this for the glow cube.
Obviously. Because glowing sweet drinks just scream me :earboy2:

There was someone named Sam who wronged Jason over some Negroni issue, so now Jason can't taste bourbon because of Sam. Sam is no longer a friend. Sam is sad.
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Poor Sam. No friends. No Negroni. No bueno.

Free is always good despite what is tastes like and it looks like there are mickey sprinkles which is always a plus. And you have another husband who also begins with J.
Clearly you translate better than me because I totally forgot about my other husband. His name is Jefferson and I usually keep him hidden away in the basement, but let him come out when free desserts are served.

Loki makes good sambal when he's undefeated, which Jason would definitely eat again but you'd have to age 10 years and eat it with an axe.
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: You are officially hired to be my tipsy translator!

You sure have a way of discerning those tipsy notes and describing a delicious meal every time!! Thank goodness you understand you! :hyper: :lmao:
Still not sure I understand me, but thankfully my memory is pretty good so I can piece something together.

Hmmmm, must be where the excitement we sensed came from. You were channeling Casey!
Channelling Casey or screaming about the glow cube. Hard to tell the difference.

Just kidding. I have decided I like brussels sprouts now and your meal looks delicious!
Good for you! They certainly get a bad rap but we love them and eat them all the time.

Also, I feel like I should find elk on the menu more at home since it's basically the state bird :confused3 :laughing:
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I met you can get all sorts of good game I mean bird out there.

Ok, maybe I'm convinced now. I did like the bootie at Boma :P I did have to google it to make sure I was on the same page as you and your bootie (sorry I had two hours of sleep so now I think I'm funny :rotfl2: ) and now am more excited to eat there in 6 days! But this dish looks delicious and so did both of your entrees and now I just really want to go to Jiko because we haven't made it there yet.
No matter how many hours of sleep bootie is always funny :earboy2:

I can't believe you will be in Disney so soon. You should most definitely try this if you all go. The flavors were definitely similar to what they have of Boma and its a great gateway drug to all that Jiko has to offer.

All of this is a very longwinded way to say, I just really hate raisins...
I never would have guessed that :P They are big enough you can just pick them out.

Because she has the most awesome parents ever, duh.
:love: I think they are pretty dang awesome myself.

Casey, master of all (food) trades. I'm always seriously amazed by her tastes though, because I was awful and had a pretty small list of things I would eat until I went off to college. I have only branched out majorly in the last 10 years.
I was pretty good as a kid, but certainly branched out when Jason and I started dating. I figure I'll try anything once and worst case I don't like it.

But we are certainly lucky with Casey. I kid you not she is sitting next to me on the couch right now and we are watching Chopped. They are making something with bone marrow and she can't believe one of the chefs doesn't like it. Then she proclaimed that escargot, squid ink, and wine are the only foods she doesn't like.

Oh my goodness your tipsy notes are legendary! I'm so impressed with how much you're able to translate from them, but I guess maybe it's just because I still don't speak Drunk Kari very fluently. :laughing: Your Jiko review was excellent. Sounds like you really had a wonderful meal.You make me want to give Jiko another chance before too long :)
I'm not sure I speak drunk Kari either (and thankfully for everyone she rarely makes appearances) but thankfully Tipsy Kari runs in the sweet spot that no matter what I write I can generally figure it out from memory afterwards.

Whew...I was gone for 3 weeks and had a LOT of catching up to do. I"m so impressed with Jason and R2D2 wanting to do ANYTHING after the half. When I did princess, I made it back to the hotel, showered, and then slept until dinner time. I could not have walked that terrible walk from transportation to the studios and then gone to Disney Springs. Good for them!
I don't know how any of them did it. Or how anyone even does the half to begin with! They all swear that that walking helps their legs, but they were certainly all done by the end of the night.

I know you love those glow cubes?!?!! Why did you order a drink with a glow cube?
I'm gonna go with I didn't know it was there cause you know I would have never ordered it :confused3

Well, I am cheating as I read the real post already as well, but I didn't take you for a canned wine gal.
I have no idea that this was, but I'm thinking Jiko wasn't serving canned wine. Though I am not above a box! I still have no idea what this meant. I'm guessing maybe one of the wines we tasted had a goose on it. Who knows.

This is funnier knowing what it really was... really shows the tipsy-ness in the notes!
I'm still not sure I know what this was. I even asked Jason and he was clueless.

Can I bring old glow cubes with me to Disney for the girls? Or is that some sort of faux-pas
Bring it on!!!! Casey will love it and I'll pan it all night. Good times for all.

I fear that my girls are going to bring Casey down. I mean they are mostly well behaved but adding a kid to mix and all things may go hay-wire...
She's due for a little haywire. She's so tightly wound on rules some days we fear she may give herself an ulcer.

This could be the Saucier Moto. We are snackers!
Us too! We just never do enough of it at Disney for some reason.

Awesome Jiko review! It is 100% our favorite restaurant. We’ve been to a lot of the signature restaurants and have never been handed warm towels to clean our hands, served complimentary tea to start or a palate cleanser except for at Jiko
Same!!!! They certainly take it to another level that others should learn by.

Always had fantastic service and haven’t had the unfortunate experience of a bad meal there thank goodness. While we love some of the other signatures, they just haven’t done anything special or unique like Jiko has.
I totally agree!!!! We hadn't been in a few trips and after this meal we could not figure out why.

So as I wrote last night in Jenny's TR I have like zero time lately for the DIS which makes me sad, but I did finally catch up here :thumbsup2
And here's what I got from your tipsy notes:
You done good!
Jiko is still one of the 2 signatures we have yet to try and we'll get there eventually. I thought about going with Chris in Dec. because I don't know that Ricky will like it. We'll see how it goes...........

We had a family sitting at the table next to us, whose kids appeared to be about the same age as Casey but there were a. not well behaved and b. not having any of the Jiko food. The mother kept asking them why they couldn't behave or eat as well as the girl at the next table (aka Casey).
Yes you lucked out there! I know the signatures aren't just for adults but it's always nice to have behaving children around you when there. I'm sure your servers everywhere as well as those dining near you always appreciate Casey. You and Jason maybe not?:cool1:

I'm not sure I speak drunk Kari either (and thankfully for everyone she rarely makes appearances) but thankfully Tipsy Kari runs in the sweet spot that no matter what I write I can generally figure it out from memory afterwards.

Ahhh, gotcha! Sorry, I didn't realize there was such a difference in the dialect between tipsy and drunk language! :laughing:

Loved both version of Jiko's review. But man do those plates look delicious! Sounds like an awesome evening.

Loved the tipsy Notes game, sorry I was too late to play the game. I LOVE Jiko. You got my mouth watering.

We ubered over and checked out the Savanna where we tried to get a few photos before dinner.

Beautiful family pic :love:

We had a family sitting at the table next to us, whose kids appeared to be about the same age as Casey but there were a. not well behaved and b. not having any of the Jiko food. The mother kept asking them why they couldn't behave or eat as well as the girl at the next table (aka Casey). Onsy was impressed by her too and brought her this.

Yikes. Not cool at all. I don't care if you don't like the food (my kids would certainly fall into that category), but there's no excuse for misbehaving in a restaurant. You guys have obviously done something right raising Casey :lovestruc
That was nice of the server to recognize that too.

Onsy also brought us a complimentary dessert just to thank us for being good patrons. We'd talked a lot during dinner about food and wine so I think he appreciated our appreciation of all that Jiko has to offer.

Sounds like such a great dinner all around ::yes::

Your Jiko dinner sounds amazing! You do appear to have hit the kid lottery with Casey! She is just so adorable, and I love reading about her on your WDW adventures.

So as I wrote last night in Jenny's TR I have like zero time lately for the DIS which makes me sad, but I did finally catch up here :thumbsup2
And here's what I got from your tipsy notes:
I know exactly what you mean. My work has finally let up a bit over the summer so its nice to have a dis life again.

Jiko is still one of the 2 signatures we have yet to try and we'll get there eventually. I thought about going with Chris in Dec. because I don't know that Ricky will like it. We'll see how it goes...........
I can't believe you have never eaten there!!! It had been two trips since we'd done it and that was way too long. As good as that meal was I'm sure we'll be back again in August.

Yes you lucked out there! I know the signatures aren't just for adults but it's always nice to have behaving children around you when there. I'm sure your servers everywhere as well as those dining near you always appreciate Casey. You and Jason maybe not?:cool1:
:laughing::laughing::laughing: I'm pretty sure you're right. But we tip good so that usually makes up for our questionable behavior.

Ahhh, gotcha! Sorry, I didn't realize there was such a difference in the dialect between tipsy and drunk language! :laughing:
Lightyears Meghan, lighyears :earboy2:

Loved both version of Jiko's review. But man do those plates look delicious! Sounds like an awesome evening.
It was so good! And I'm sure it will be replicated in some form in August.

Loved the tipsy Notes game, sorry I was too late to play the game. I LOVE Jiko. You got my mouth watering.
Mine too :D

Yikes. Not cool at all. I don't care if you don't like the food (my kids would certainly fall into that category), but there's no excuse for misbehaving in a restaurant. You guys have obviously done something right raising Casey :lovestruc
That was nice of the server to recognize that too.
They weren't as bad as some that I've seen, but were all of the map. Getting up constantly, making a mess, screaming for no reason. I'm guessing this is how most 7/8 year olds act I just got the one that skews more toward 70/80 instead :P

Your Jiko dinner sounds amazing! You do appear to have hit the kid lottery with Casey! She is just so adorable, and I love reading about her on your WDW adventures.
Thats Teresa. We think she's pretty great too. I think we'll keep her :P

The Magic Kingdom Model Strikes Again

We were off for another day in Magic Kingdom and stopped on the way in for Casey to grab a picture with the inspiration for her outfit.

For reasons I do not know she’d insisted on wearing her hair in pig tails today so she’d look like a “sassy youtuber. “ If I don’t even understand millennial’s no chance with me and the youtube generation I’m supposedly “raising.”

From there we kept the space theme going…

…And then stopped by Gastons for one of our favorite morning treats. Unfortunately this was the line we encountered so Casey and Jason went to ride Ariel while I waited.

After about 20 minutes I finally ordered. As I was leaving the check-out area I heard the lady behind me, who had also waited 20 minutes, order apples and a babybel cheese. I first had to make sure it wasn’t @buzzrelly but then wondered who in the heck waits 20 minutes for apples and cheese!!! Now a gargantuan cinnamon roll, yes! But cheese and apples that could be procured elsewhere in the park, um no!

Back to my worth waiting for order, they may say that Belle means beauty but in my mind Cinnamon Roll clearly is the only beauty going on here.

For the first time ever I actually remembered to ask for extra icing. And thankfully I did as the roll itself was a little dry, but we still had no problem eating the entire thing.

From there we flew through London, got a little Xmas shopping on,

and then stopped to shoot some guns while we waited for our next FP.

Yes in the politically correct world that has Disney removing the gun scene from Haunted Mansion and no longer auctioning off a very lovely red head, there is a shooting gallery. Makes perfect sense :confused3

In case you can’t tell from our clothes it was a little chilly this day, so clearly the perfect time to get our Splash Mountain on.

Thankfully we didn’t get too wet, and I could take advantage of that sassy youtube hair. Unthankfully for the people in the boat with us they had to hear Casey and I sing pretty good show us your bone (which we insist are the lyrics) for most of the voyage!

After our expansive breakfast we decided to eat an equally expansive lunch and snack our way through Adventure and Frontierlands. Lucky for everyone we brought the official Magic Kingdom snack model with us so this was a great choice.

We started with the Churro, which sadly at noon had already been sitting a bit too long, but at least we had fancy gifs to keep us entertained.

Up next we have our model showing us the often discussed, but new to us, egg rolls from none other than the Egg Roll Cart in Adventure land.

We got both a cheeseburger one, as well as a special buffalo chicken one they had. Both of these were crispy, but beyond that they were nothing special. The cheeseburger one had some pickles in it which was different, but otherwise just tasted like rolled up fried ground beef. The buffalo one was the better of the two, but was nowhere close to “buffalo” flavor. At $7.50 for the two of them this was a one and done.

After that Casey did the Pirates treasure hunt thing, or whatever in the heck it is called,

while I spied that Golden Oak Outpost – which is normally seasonal – was open.

Sticking with an all fried lunch theme, first up we got the Spicy Battered Cauliflower with a garlic ranch dipping sauce.

Look at that model smize. Tyra would be proud :D
While I recognize fried cauliflower is pretty hard to mess up, these were one of the best savory snacks we’ve had in the Kingdom. They were fresh out of the fryer and were crispy and piping hot. Thankfully someone actually meant spicy this time around and they had a great buffalo flavor to them that was cooled off by the ranch. Sadly it appears this is now off the menu. RIP Cauliflower.

Our model will also now present our favorite pose of the official snack photo shoot.

While I cannot say what she was doing with her face, she is paired with the delectable chili cheese fries also from Golden Oak (the outpost not to be confused by the fancy rich people place where there ain't no chance they r eatin' waffle fries). The waffle fries were great and proved the perfect vessel to the chili and plastic cheese. We were definitely happy chili campers.

Ordering side note #2 the lady in front of me got into an argument with the cashier because she wanted fries, but not the waffle kind as her kids will not eat those, and she has upset they didn’t have "regular" fries. I mean really? In what world does the shape of a fry matter? Ok, back to my awesome kid.

We made our way over to Space for another lovely family shot where I apparently was trying out for the walking dead…

….and then stopped in Auntie Gravity’s for some sweet provisions.

Casey and Jason decided to “share” the Adventure is Out There Cone, which of course translates to Casey ate 95% of this. It had mango ice cream which we liked, but the “balloons” which I think were made up of generic m and m’s and white chocolate was horrible. Pretty, but horrible.

Done with our snack and modeling shoot for the day we headed back to Shades and rested up for what would be a LONG night.

Up next, we don’t let a little rain dampen our dinner or parade!

For reasons I do not know she’d insisted on wearing her hair in pig tails today so she’d look like a “sassy youtuber. “ If I don’t even understand millennial’s no chance with me and the youtube generation I’m supposedly “raising.”

What the?! Ha! I don’t get it either :confused3

After about 20 minutes I finally ordered. As I was leaving the check-out area I heard the lady behind me, who had also waited 20 minutes, order apples and a babybel cheese. I first had to make sure it wasn’t @buzzrelly but then wondered who in the heck waits 20 minutes for apples and cheese!!! Now a gargantuan cinnamon roll, yes! But cheese and apples that could be procured elsewhere in the park, um no!

Omg! :rotfl2:Glad to see I have company!

Back to my worth waiting for order, they may say that Belle means beauty but in my mind Cinnamon Roll clearly is the only beauty going on here.

That does look slightly better than babybel cheese 🧀

Yes in the politically correct world that has Disney removing the gun scene from Haunted Mansion and no longer auctioning off a very lovely red head, there is a shooting gallery.

If they ever get rid of that, my Nicholas would revolt. That’s been one of his favorite places since his first trip!

We started with the Churro, which sadly at noon had already been sitting a bit too long, but at least we had fancy gifs to keep us entertained.

Perfect!

Sticking with an all fried lunch theme, first up we got the Spicy Battered Cauliflower with a garlic ranch dipping sauce.

I am seriously having FOMO of all things cauliflower :sad1:

Our model will also now present our favorite pose of the official snack photo shoot.

I’m dying at these gifs! :rotfl:

Casey and Jason decided to “share” the Adventure is Out There Cone, which of course translates to Casey ate 95% of this. It had mango ice cream which we liked, but the “balloons” which I think were made up of generic m and m’s and white chocolate was horrible. Pretty, but horrible.

That’s sad, it looks so yummy. How the heck can they mess up M&M’s?!

Umm, this is ALMOST better than the SM pic!!!

Yes in the politically correct world that has Disney removing the gun scene from Haunted Mansion and no longer auctioning off a very lovely red head, there is a shooting gallery. Makes perfect sense :confused3
DUH! Why is there such a need to be politically correct for some things and a hypocrite for others???? Disney has some decision making to do in my opinion...

The buffalo one was the better of the two, but was nowhere close to “buffalo” flavor. At $7.50 for the two of them this was a one and done.
This is disappointing!!!!

While I recognize fried cauliflower is pretty hard to mess up, these were one of the best savory snacks we’ve had in the Kingdom.
I didn't even know these were here!!!! Yum!

In what world does the shape of a fry matter?
Umm, it doesn't. If it's fried it's fried, and if it's a potato, it's a potato. YUM!

Oh these girls and the youtubers.....

For the first time ever I actually remembered to ask for extra icing. And thankfully I did as the roll itself was a little dry, but we still had no problem eating the entire thing.
It is kind of try.... I wouldn't say this is the best cinnamon roll. We never had the one that was at Main Street Bakery. Was it the same, basically?

This is probably the only thing we haven't done. And seriously, how is this still here!!!

Casey seems happy with it. I wish they had some flavored ones like Disneyland.

After that Casey did the Pirates treasure hunt thing, or whatever in the heck it is called,
We should have done that, on that busy day! Good thinking.

While I recognize fried cauliflower is pretty hard to mess up, these were one of the best savory snacks we’ve had in the Kingdom. They were fresh out of the fryer and were crispy and piping hot.
I wanted to try these and totally forgot about them!

alo flavor to them that was cooled off by the ranch. Sadly it appears this is now off the menu. RIP Cauliflower.
Nooooooo

Ordering side note #2 the lady in front of me got into an argument with the cashier because she wanted fries, but not the waffle kind as her kids will not eat those, and she has upset they didn’t have "regular" fries. I mean really? In what world does the shape of a fry matter? Ok, back to my awesome kid.
Oh it matters!!!! But I wouldn't argue with the cashier about it! Actually, we got Chik-Fil-a after the swim meet today, and were literally talking about how waffle fries are way better than regular fries!

Up next, we don’t let a little rain dampen our dinner or parade!
YEAH!!!!!

Oh dear God how I love me some Kastoney family photos on a Sunday morning! :rotfl: Eijits the lotta ya but absolutely priceless pics!:rotfl2::rotfl:
I don’t care how tall she is , Casey definitely has a career in modelling. Brilliant food gifs with your own wee supermodel!::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!