A Tipsy Tenth Dining Adventure - Completed 9/28

Is that one of the in room services? I haven't heard of it. I hate the idea of leaving her alone in the room if that is the case. I think we may try the Dolphin for dinner one night and use theirs if we can.
No it’s this https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/captain-hooks-pirate-crew/ (which must not be well known cause it took me way to long to find it). It’s from 5-8:30 so we won’t have a ton of time but enough for dinner... granted we will still have Maren but hopefully she will sleep? A girl can dream!!

Have an amazing trip!!!

Even better we should be meeting my sister wife Jenny (@Jenny Sanders) and her family in Disney Springs for dinner at Frontera Cocina. We are big fans of Chef Rick Bayless but have never been to the restaurant so we are definitely excited.

How awesome to meet up with Jenny! Also Nathan really wants to go here, so I'm anxious to read your review!

as well as Shula's (where I can hopefully use my get an entree free birthday coupon)

Yum!! I hope it all works out and your meal is awesome!

Our preview comes with a trip to Oga's Cantina and while I understand it is overpriced and the drinks are pretty terrible, I'm not gonna pass up the chance to try a new bar.

:rotfl:

And for me better than Galaxy's Edge we have a little mini-epic girls trip going on for our last day. We'll spend most of the day with the awesome Ariella (@StarWarsMomofGirls!) and her family at Magic Kingdom and we should be able to meet up with Caroline (@disneyAndi14) and Tracy (@Tracy161) while we are there. Then we'll have dinner with Ariella and the gang at Morimoto's and hopefully be able to get in some time at Jock Lindsey's beforehand. And if all that wasn't amazing enough my Disney sister from another mister Ariane (@ariane37) changed her arrival day just to spend some time with us! I so cannot wait.

Holy cow! You've got such an awesome Dismeet day planned! (Again, so sad I'm missing you by such a short window!!)

Have an amazing trip!! Can't wait to hear about it!

YAy8Wd4.gif

Have a great time on your trip. Looking forward to a new round of tipsy notes.
I had no idea that fried ribs were a thing. I may need to see if DH will consider a Morimoto lunch . Plus Jason's IPA is one of the few IPAs I like . The one he had was from Kona Brewing ( recognized the label as I have 2 in my fridge):drinking1

Yes being the good parent/food reporter that I am I knew I had to capture it on film so everyone could see it for themselves.
::yes::

I think she held on for a solid 20 which may be a new land speed record for her. Of course it didn't help that when we took the chicken door at of RNRC there was a dog crate (for service dogs I presume) and I told her that was a chicken coop for kids that chickened out. I should just start saving for her therapy now :earboy2:
Wow! A solid 20? The force is strong with that one. :rotfl:

Our preview comes with a trip to Oga's Cantina and while I understand it is overpriced and the drinks are pretty terrible, I'm not gonna pass up the chance to try a new bar.
That's the spirit! :thumbsup2

And for me better than Galaxy's Edge we have a little mini-epic girls trip going on for our last day. We'll spend most of the day with the awesome Ariella (@StarWarsMomofGirls!) and her family at Magic Kingdom and we should be able to meet up with Caroline (@disneyAndi14) and Tracy (@Tracy161) while we are there.
So excited!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

We leave the morning after all of the epicness (provided me and my liver can get out of bed) but thankfully vacation isn't quite over yet. We'll be driving up to Savannah for a few days to spend the National Holiday that is the day of my birth with my best friend.
Now that's the way to end a vacation.

The Force is Strong with This One

On our last full day we headed to MGM and took a quick ride to Tatooine before heading over to Toy Story Land.

And of course greeting our good friend Gertie along the way.

We stopped in Woody’s Lunch Box for a quick bite to eat and ended up getting a S’mores French Toast to share.

This is Marshmallow and Chocolate Ganache stuffed in Grilled Custard soaked Brioche encrusted with Graham Cracker Crumbs and boy was it sweet. I don’t like sweets in the morning, but even for my sweet tooth crew this was hard to palate. Some fruit or something to cut through it would have been much appreciated. Otherwise it was definitely shareable but I didn’t get any French toast or custard soak from it. This was all marshmallow sandwich all day.

We met up again with Ariella (@StarWarsMomofGirls!) and Su-Lynn (@chunkymonkey) at Woodys and all had slinky dog FPs together.

Casey and Gwen were thrilled to ride together, though someone who clearly hates pictures couldn't help but get in on the action.

It was great to catch up with everyone again, but too soon we split up and we headed towards Casey’s second ride on Rock n Roller coaster. While in line some French lady was in front of us who apparently had a grudge against deodorant. And well, you can imagine.

The smell (and fear) was enough to bring Casey literally to tears and the kid who liked the ride just a few days ago now refused. Despite our best efforts we eventually relinquished but she knew we weren’t happy which in turn made her more unhappy which equaled more tears. This is a rarity for her but being the caring, sympathetic mother I am you can imagine the empathy I had. :P

Jason ended up riding solo and commented the BO was strong with this one.

Maybe I should have been grateful not to ride.

Crying child in tow we decided this was the perfect time to try Hollywood Derby Lounge.

This face says it all.

She was not happy and us ignoring her and drinking instead did not go over well. We even asked her to take a picture of us and this is what we got back.

#ParentsOfTheYear

But onto what you are here for tipsy things! To drink Jason had an I4 IPA and I got the Spiked Sangria which is Red Wine blended with Apricot Brandy, Fruit Juices, and fresh Fruit, topped with Sprite.

I’m not always a sangria fan as it sometimes runs too sweet but the addition of brandy and some carbonation from the sprite made this delicious. I may or may not have had 3.

We ordered Casey a Shirley Temple and between the lime

And the glow cube

She was back to our usual girl.

For eats you can order from either the lounge or the restaurant menu and we ended up with a combo of the two.

First up we have their famous Cobb Salad with Finely Chopped Greens, Turkey Breast, Bacon, Egg, Tomatoes, Crumbled Blue Cheese, Avocado, Chives and Cobb Dressing.

This was an appetizer size from the lounge menu and perfect for sharing. The refreshing salad was great on a semi-warm day and all of the flavors went together impeccably well. I guess if you’ve had a recipe for 2,000 years that is bound to happen.

We also ordered the Blue Crab Crispy Wonton with Puffed Rice Noodles, Cucumber, Tomato, Ponzu Vinaigrette, and a Wasabi Aioli.

This was the only thing we really didn’t enjoy. They had used cheap crab so it was more fishy than crab tasting with very stringy pieces vice lumps. It was also filled with red peppers which I cannot stand. After eating frozen meals for lunch everyday for most of my adult life, red peppers just = cheap lean cuisine to me.

Someone’s mood continued to improve though.

Up next we have Cochinita Pibil Steamed Buns.

And so you don’t have to google it like me Cochinita is a slow roasted Mexican pork which was served with Green Tomatillo, Habanero Sauce, and Pickled Onions. There were a lot of flavors going on here so it was a bit muddled in taste, but the bun and pork were delicious and the side of tangy slaw was the highlight of the dish.

Lastly we ordered the Pork Pastrami “BLT”

This is grilled Ciabatta Roll, Whiskey Aïoli, Arugula, Watercress, Pickled Onions, Gruyère, Heirloom Tomato, and Prosciutto. The pork belly on this was incredible and exceptionally tender, but because it wasn’t crispy like bacon the whole thing was a little soggy. Don’t get me wrong I loved the whole two pieces of arugula, gruyere, and the delicious whiskey aioli but the usual crunch of a BLT was definitely missing.

While we were eating we got a visit from one of the Citizens of Hollywood who gave Casey some “money” for being from somewhere interesting :confused3

I’ll have to remember for next time that fake money, glow cubes, and citrus fruits are the way to her heart.

Wontons and grumpy Casey aside we did enjoy our trip to the lounge. I’m all about eating outside and couple that with some delicious sangria and I was sold. The food certainly didn’t feel signature quality to me, but we’d had a horrible time at HBD a few years ago so this was a bit of its redemption song. With our tables in wonderland card we saved $20.80.

Up next we park hop and jump the dining shark

I am cracking up at the picture that Casey "created" of you two. It looks like something my little one would do!

And your sangria looks super yummy and refreshing!

Hi everyone!!!! In typical form my attempts to get this finished before our next trip have failed miserably, but what better excuse than DISNEY!!!!

After yet another hellacious week at work just one more day and then we leave on Saturday for a little over a week in our happy place. We'll be staying at Caribbean Beach and thankfully no pirate room this time pirate: As usual we don't have a ton of things planned and will play most of our dining by ear but here is a little peak at some of what I know.

On our first day we'll hopefully get a little bit of time in Epcot to appease Casey's need to be in a park before appeasing our needs for dinner and adult beverages. Even better we should be meeting my sister wife Jenny (@Jenny Sanders) and her family in Disney Springs for dinner at Frontera Cocina. We are big fans of Chef Rick Bayless but have never been to the restaurant so we are definitely excited.

During the week I did get a reservation for dinner at California Grill, as well as Shula's (where I can hopefully use my get an entree free birthday coupon) but beyond that nothing specific. I'm sure we will of course spend copious amounts of time at Nomad's Lounge and want to get back to Jiko and Narcoossee's but beyond that the world is literally our oyster.

At the tail end of our trip we did get into the Galaxy Edge pass holder preview and Jason is beyond excited. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan but am always up for something new at Disney. Our preview comes with a trip to Oga's Cantina and while I understand it is overpriced and the drinks are pretty terrible, I'm not gonna pass up the chance to try a new bar. From there we'll likely spend the rest of the day in AK and hopefully will be able to see Su-Lynn (@chunkymonkey).

And for me better than Galaxy's Edge we have a little mini-epic girls trip going on for our last day. We'll spend most of the day with the awesome Ariella (@StarWarsMomofGirls!) and her family at Magic Kingdom and we should be able to meet up with Caroline (@disneyAndi14) and Tracy (@Tracy161) while we are there. Then we'll have dinner with Ariella and the gang at Morimoto's and hopefully be able to get in some time at Jock Lindsey's beforehand. And if all that wasn't amazing enough my Disney sister from another mister Ariane (@ariane37) changed her arrival day just to spend some time with us! I so cannot wait.

We leave the morning after all of the epicness (provided me and my liver can get out of bed) but thankfully vacation isn't quite over yet. We'll be driving up to Savannah for a few days to spend the National Holiday that is the day of my birth with my best friend.

So there you have it. A few things planned, some much needed time with my family and amazing dis friends, and of course lots of tipsy time! :drinking1

I cannot wait to hear all about this trip - it sounds like it's going to be filled with fun, friends and delicious drinks!

At the tail end of our trip we did get into the Galaxy Edge pass holder preview and Jason is beyond excited. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan but am always up for something new at Disney. Our preview comes with a trip to Oga's Cantina and while I understand it is overpriced and the drinks are pretty terrible, I'm not gonna pass up the chance to try a new bar
Sounds like you have a great trip coming up.
We are going to the galaxy edge preview next Sunday. We have no plans and my girls have no clue. Nothing like finish first 3 days of high school and going to wdw for 2 days.

No it’s this https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/captain-hooks-pirate-crew/ (which must not be well known cause it took me way to long to find it). It’s from 5-8:30 so we won’t have a ton of time but enough for dinner... granted we will still have Maren but hopefully she will sleep? A girl can dream!!
Oh yeah I had heard about that thing. I had the same thought on the timing. Hoping the Dolphin works out though

Have an amazing trip!!!
Thanks you too!!!

Hope you have a great trip, can't wait to see what you drink at Oga's!
Me too! Everything looks and sounds pretty sweet so will be interesting to see what I land on

Holy cow! You've got such an awesome Dismeet day planned! (Again, so sad I'm missing you by such a short window!!)
I know I'm sad we are missing you too but it sounds like you'll be able to connect up with everyone else once we leave. Hey, maybe I should take that personally :P

And I am BEYOND happy and excited that I am able to get down there before you all leave :hug: Give my girl @Jenny Sanders a hug for me and have Jason give Joe one from Steve:grouphug: and we will see you SOON!!!!!
Will do, though no Joe just Jenny this time around. See ya so soon!!!

Have a great time on your trip. Looking forward to a new round of tipsy notes.
Not as much as I am to drinking them :drinking1

I had no idea that fried ribs were a thing. I may need to see if DH will consider a Morimoto lunch . Plus Jason's IPA is one of the few IPAs I like . The one he had was from Kona Brewing ( recognized the label as I have 2 in my fridge):drinking1
I don't think I've ever seen the ribs fried anywhere else either. They are definitely good though.

Jason is definitely an IPA guy. I'll drink them on occasion but I'm more of a pilsner/lager kinda gal

Have a brilliant trip. Can't wait to hear all your tipsy tales :goodvibes
I can't wait to drink them :earboy2:

Wow! A solid 20? The force is strong with that one. :rotfl:
I know right? Thankfully for my sanity she is a lightweight!

So excited!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:
Me too!!!! Can't wait to meet ya

Now that's the way to end a vacation.
Post vacation vacation we like to call it. Keeps the good vibes rolling just a little bit longer

See ya real soon!:mickeyjum
T-minus 9 days. Can't wait to see you again!

I am cracking up at the picture that Casey "created" of you two. It looks like something my little one would do!
She's quite the little comic/artist :P

I cannot wait to hear all about this trip - it sounds like it's going to be filled with fun, friends and delicious drinks!
And I cannot wait to take it. My soul is so in need of it

Have fun! Hopefully we'll run into each other at some point during the week.
I'll definitely keep an eye out for ya since the extroverted me will have to say hi first :earboy2:

Have a wonderful trip!
Thanks!

Sounds like you have a great trip coming up.
We are going to the galaxy edge preview next Sunday. We have no plans and my girls have no clue. Nothing like finish first 3 days of high school and going to wdw for 2 days.
Man, I wish I was your kid! That sounds awesome. We'll be there on Saturday for the first opening. Hopefully all goes smoothly getting in there

Have a fantastic trip!
Thank you!

Have an amazing trip! We're also going to attempt going to Oga's to try the drinks next month :laughing:
Thanks Raeven! I think attempt at Oga's is the operative word :earboy2:

it sounds like you'll be able to connect up with everyone else once we leave. Hey, maybe I should take that personally :P

If you don't take that personally, then I won't take it personally that you just so happen to be conveniently leaving immediately before I arrive. :rolleyes1:laughing:

It's so great to meet people on here and then become "real" friends too.
I've been here on the boards for 18 years and can vouch for that as part of a group that met on a daily riddle on the Community Board. We're from about 8 different states and we've visited each others homes and also met at the World many times. Our kids have grown up and we've been to their weddings, some of us are now grandparents and we still love all things Disney. We're meeting one of those families next week and we can't wait to see them again. If you're at Epcot on the 14th or 15th you can find us watching Illuminations on the bridge between the International Gateway and France.

Hello! I just love all your reports, Kari, you are such a fun writer!!! I wanted to wish you all just the best time on your trip, and will be looking forward to the newest report :) Have a blast, especially after your hellacious week ;)

No but the girls could have their very own special place!
We would DEF win parents of the year, if we let the girls sit by themselves in a bar! Ha! I mean Morgan is 11, she is practically an adult!

So there you have it. A few things planned, some much needed time with my family and amazing dis friends, and of course lots of tipsy time! :drinking1
I will probably see you before you read this, BUT have a GREAT trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter