A Tipsy Tenth Dining Adventure - Completed 9/28

During the week I did get a reservation for dinner at California Grill, as well as Shula's (where I can hopefully use my get an entree free birthday coupon)

I forgot about that Shula's coupon. We'll be there for Mike's birthday next year, maybe we should go there!

And for me better than Galaxy's Edge we have a little mini-epic girls trip going on for our last day. We'll spend most of the day with the awesome Ariella (@StarWarsMomofGirls!) and her family at Magic Kingdom and we should be able to meet up with Caroline (@disneyAndi14) and Tracy (@Tracy161) while we are there. Then we'll have dinner with Ariella and the gang at Morimoto's and hopefully be able to get in some time at Jock Lindsey's beforehand. And if all that wasn't amazing enough my Disney sister from another mister Ariane (@ariane37) changed her arrival day just to spend some time with us! I so cannot wait.

That sounds like so much fun! I wish I was going too!

So there you have it. A few things planned, some much needed time with my family and amazing dis friends, and of course lots of tipsy time! :drinking1

Have a great trip! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Even better we should be meeting my sister wife Jenny (@Jenny Sanders) and her family in Disney Springs for dinner at Frontera Cocina. We are big fans of Chef Rick Bayless but have never been to the restaurant so we are definitely excited.
Thank goodness this all worked out! I really enjoyed our dinner and spending time with my sister wife and her "other" family. HAHAHA!!!!!

Thoroughly enjoying your trip report and can’t wait to read about your current tipsy adventures! I’m always hoping they’ll help me make my “must drink and eat” list more attainable. So far it just helps me make perfectly rational reasons for more trips. No complaints here 🍻😁

Last edited:

She was not happy and us ignoring her and drinking instead did not go over well. We even asked her to take a picture of us and this is what we got back.
Oh, this is priceless!!! :love::rotfl2:I'll be so happy when Asher can take out his aggression toward us in this type of manner.

I’m not always a sangria fan as it sometimes runs too sweet but the addition of brandy and some carbonation from the sprite made this delicious. I may or may not have had 3.

Good to know, I love sangria if it is strong and not too sweet. Do you have a Blue- Sushi, Sake, Grill near you? Their sake sangria is fantastic.

I hope you have a great trip! We were considering going during the same time frame if AP previews happened, but then they left us lowly gold passholders out of the previews. :mad: I can't wait to hear about all your adventures though!

Binged to catch up so I didn’t do quotes but so enjoyed your tipsy notes and seeing Casey’s piece de resistance! Hope I can catch up with you guys at Jock Lindsey’s and that you’re having an amazing trip!!

Hi everyone! Thanks for all your well wishes for our trip. We've been home a few days now and are still getting settled back into this thing called reality (aka work and laundry). The trip was great, though some drama on the home front with our dog put a bit of a damper on it. Thankfully my Dad stepped in to save the day and our old man (the dog, not my Dad) is doing better. Despite the drama and hot as hades weather we made the most of the trip and had a great time. First and foremost we got to spend time with some great DIS friends, but we also got a preview of Star Wars land and there was of course copious amounts of eating and tipsiness. I'll be back later this week to work on getting this report done so we can get the next tipsy party started. 🍷

Ahh...senior dog drama is no fun! It’s one of our worries for our trip. We’re still gonna board him as I’m sure he’ll do better there than with a houseful of Rhodesians but I know worst case, our breeder for the Rhodesians can step in and handle the issue if vet care or emergencies are required.

Glad you had a nice trip !

ugh -that old dog drama is a lot! We went to the beach in early Aug and had to board our almost 12-yr old lab mix named Avery (look familiar in my Board name??!!?? HA!) and when we picked her up she was outwardly mad at us for almost a week afterwards...

it probably also doesn't help that her buddy, Jake, our 10 1/2 yr old lab mix had died unexpectedly 3 weeks prior so she had to be boarded all alone for the first time..

on a happy note....we're getting a puppy at the end of October so she'll have a new friend!!!

I'm ready for another one of your TRs - they're so great!!!

We still aren't going back until June 2020 and I'm sure you'll have two or more trips between and them..

so....BRING ON THE DRINKS AND THE REPORTS!!!

:drinking1popcorn::

Ahh...senior dog drama is no fun! It’s one of our worries for our trip. We’re still gonna board him as I’m sure he’ll do better there than with a houseful of Rhodesians but I know worst case, our breeder for the Rhodesians can step in and handle the issue if vet care or emergencies are required.
No fun at all. No more trips for us for a while as I don't think we can leave him again :sad1:

ugh -that old dog drama is a lot! We went to the beach in early Aug and had to board our almost 12-yr old lab mix named Avery (look familiar in my Board name??!!?? HA!) and when we picked her up she was outwardly mad at us for almost a week afterwards...

it probably also doesn't help that her buddy, Jake, our 10 1/2 yr old lab mix had died unexpectedly 3 weeks prior so she had to be boarded all alone for the first time..
I know it is so hard. Sorry about your lost. We lost our other one last year and I think Duval is still bitter. He just stays at our house when we're gone but he has mobility issues that our usual dog sitter just couldn't handle. Thankful for my Dad moving in and taking care of him.

Again, it was SO great to finally meet you! :goodvibes
You too!!!! ♥♥♥

Ants, Kegs, and Tekarkana

We’d last left off after a few drinks and a little girl not too happy with her parents at the Brown Derby Lounge

(Couldn’t help but post this gem again)

From there we were able to pick up a Test Track FP for Epcot so we boated over there for the rest of the day.

Along the way we ran into these guys

Who should have been scared of taking photos with this crazy crew.

Eventually we soared around the world before making our way to the world we really cared about. The one that served DRINKS!

As we entered the World Drinkcase Casey checked out her artwork from a few days prior.

While we checked out Choza de Margarita and got the Fuego Verde margarita with Gracias a Dios Mezcal, Jalapeño, Cucumber, Fresh Lime Juice, Agave Nectar and Black Ant Salt rim.

Totally missed this had black ant salt but even that couldn’t save it from being completely unremarkable. It did have a slight heat and some smokiness from the mezcal but otherwise was $15 worth of pre-mixed sugariness. Jason was all worked up about this one.

From there it was a quick hop, skip, and a jump to China where Jason found this "special" item.

How has there not been a run on these yet?

And then Casey spied a special item of her own.

Chinese Cotton Candy!!! This had just come out that day I think and while it was more instagramable than good, she was clearly a happy camper.

Speaking of instagramable here is the before.

And after of the Cotton Candy.

Am I the only one picking up on anatomy vibes? 👙 Not sure these are Disney approved:P

Minds out of the gutter we stopped in Germany for a Schofferhoffer for which I have no physical evidence before arriving for dinner at Via Napoli.

And now ladies and gentleman I am pleased to present the last version of tipsy notes for this trip.

Pitcher moronni at first

We started with a pitcher of Moretti not, “moron” ni which would make an interesting name for a beer though.

Calamari good nice dry sauce slightly spicy need kegs

Translation: We ordered the calamari as an appetizer and liked the slightly spicy sauce, but it was just calamari rings and we are more of a legs (and kegs for that matter) kinda family. Bring on the tentacles!!!

Go out a limb and get large puppy pizza miss truffle br still delicious tons of peppys and much better than normal crust excellent chew add all but 1 slice

This one is pretty self evident (sans the whole eating puppy things) and we went out on a limb and ordered a large pepperoni pizza to share. While I immediately regretted not ordering the carciofi, this was a dang good pepperoni pizza and as usual the crust was excellent. We polished this off and left only one slice.

Jason MORE beer and me glass of Nemo

Translation: I did not in fact drink Nemo with my puppies, pretty sure this was a glass of Nero.

Lots of visits from girls and Casey to them. Good new serve more assertive then use. Save 20.80

Ariella (@StarWarsMomofGirls!) and her family were also at Via Napoli and the girls all took turns going back and forth between our tables. Overall we had a good server who was new and not yet hating all of the Americans so he was more attention that usual. We saved $20.80 with our tables in wonderland card.

Leave via innie gate and ample hills cab try anything u want. J and I split ooey gooey and oatmeal dds best ice cream ever had ooey taste like real thing with pieces of cake and oatmeal feast Texarkana.

Translation: So we left via the International gate and stopped at Ample Hills. After lots of free sampling Jason and I split the Ooey Gooey Butter Cake and Nonna D’s Oatmeal Lace. This was unquestionably the best ice cream we had ever had and I don’t really even like ice cream. I travel to St. Louis often which is the home of Ooey Gooey Butter cake and this was the real deal with chunks of cake in it. I’m pretty sure we liked the Oatmeal too and its good for feasts in Texarkana?

Casey ooey foowyband topping

I got nothin’ other than Casey got her own.

Uber back great driver quote anchor man Wine and whiskey and pool
200w.gif
No translation necessary though I’m pretty sure there is a country song somewhere in there.

Up next, our last day and beware of grubby cast member fingers
:P

The trip was great, though some drama on the home front with our dog put a bit of a damper on it. Thankfully my Dad stepped in to save the day and our old man (the dog, not my Dad) is doing better.

Poor pupper…I'm glad he's ok :hug:

I'll be back later this week to work on getting this report done so we can get the next tipsy party started. 🍷

:cool1:

We’d last left off after a few drinks and a little girl not too happy with her parents at the Brown Derby Lounge

Thank you for posting it again :goodvibes

And then Casey spied a special item of her own.

Chinese Cotton Candy!!! This had just come out that day I think and while it was more instagramable than good, she was clearly a happy camper.

All it takes it faith, trust, and sugar dust...

Go out a limb and get large puppy pizza miss truffle br still delicious tons of peppys and much better than normal crust excellent chew add all but 1 slice

This one is pretty self evident (sans the whole eating puppy things) and we went out on a limb and ordered a large pepperoni pizza to share. While I immediately regretted not ordering the carciofi, this was a dang good pepperoni pizza and as usual the crust was excellent. We polished this off and left only one slice.

That looks yummy 🍕

Leave via innie gate and ample hills cab try anything u want. J and I split ooey gooey and oatmeal dds best ice cream ever had ooey taste like real thing with pieces of cake and oatmeal feast Texarkana.

Translation: So we left via the International gate and stopped at Ample Hills. After lots of free sampling Jason and I split the Ooey Gooey Butter Cake and Nonna D’s Oatmeal Lace. This was unquestionably the best ice cream we had ever had and I don’t really even like ice cream.

Yum! I have to get over there!

I travel to St. Louis often

Weren't you just there in the beginning of May?? :P

Am I the only one picking up on anatomy vibes? 👙 Not sure these are Disney approved:P
100% not Disney approved....

Looks like a pretty good day, and as usually a good tipsy notes!

Any day with good pizza is a good day in my book!!

Also welcome back!!

Sorry to hear about dog troubles, we have 2 senior dogs, we actually have never had a lab live as long as our old Ed! He is a sweetheart!

I love your tipsy notes as usual! We always got the pepperoni pizza at Via Napoli when Andi ate meat and were never disappointed!

We have been getting the margherita with mushrooms (your favorite) and really like this!

We'd have been upset if you hadn't! ;)

Am I the only one picking up on anatomy vibes? 👙
Absolutely not. I went there, then saw your comment, and then felt relieved I wasn't the only... um, observant person :laughing:

Leave via innie gate
Forget IG. I'll be using Innie Gate from now on as an abbreviation :thumbsup2

I’m pretty sure we liked the Oatmeal too and its good for feasts in Texarkana?
Good to know. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter