A trip full of Triple Stay / Annual Pass / VIPassholder Fun - A Late Feb/Early March Trip

StarWarsMomofGirls!

DIS Veteran
Hello Everyone!!!

Ok, first off, I am sorry fo the name of my trip report... I just couldn't think of anything super clever. But I am glad you guys are here regardless of my lack of title naming ability.

So, what can you expect from this trip? How our triple split stay went, us becoming annual passholders and our very first AP event! We got to run into a few folks from the boards here and ate lots of food, of course!

So, let me get the introductions under way! Cause if you haven't read my other trip reports, you are probably wondering who is we.

First there is me!

My name is Ariella and I am the planner of these trips. (As is most folks writing these things) I work as a project manager during the day and am lucky enough to leave work at 3 to pick up my 2 gals and turn into mom / chauffer.

Next is my DH, Andy.

Andy works in advertising and works hard. So our trips to Disney are a much needed break for him.

Then there is our oldest, Morgan.

Morgan is currently in 5th grade and is 10 turning 11 soon. She has really grown up alot this year and is totally making me nastalgic for the little babies that they used to be!

And last but not least, there is Gwen.

Gwen is currently in 3rd grade and is 8. She is our sassy one for sure.

This was our 7th or maybe 8th trip to Disney World! We went back when the girls were 2 and 5 and thought maybe we will go again in 5 years... Ha! Never did I think back then that we would become Annual Passholders, but that is exactly what happened this trip!

So, a quick backround on the trip itself... I decided this trip that I wanted to build in a true rest day (something that we have actually never done before) and I wanted to do it at a deluxe hotel with a fun pool. So, started my planning a triple split stay!

The plan?
Start our stay at Caribbean Beach, then move over to the Polynesian for 2 nights, and then move again to Port Orleans Riverside to finish off the trip.

How did the moves go? Did we like it? Was it worth it?

We were in Disney the last week of Febuary leading into March. With the first weekend being the Princess Half Marathon Weekend.

I am sure there are other things I should be including in this intro, but you guys are just going to have to wait and read all about it! I hope everyone will follow along as I love sharing our trips with everyone!

Chapters:
Day One: Travel Day

Day One: Travel Day & EPCOT
Day One: Travel Day & EPCOT --- Gwen's Version
Day One: Travel Day & EPCOT --- Morgan's Version
Day One: Travel Day & EPCOT (Part 2)
Day One: Travel Day & EPCOT (Part 2) ---- Gwen's Version
Day One: Travel Day & EPCOT (Part 2) ----- Morgan's Version
Day One: Travel Day & EPCOT (Part 3)
Day One: Travel Day & EPCOT (Part 4)
Day One: Travel Day & EPCOT (Part 5)
Day One: Travel Day & EPCOT (Part 3, 4, & 5) ----- Morgan's Version
Day One: Travel Day & EPCOT (Part 3, 4, & 5) ----- Gwen's Version

Day Two: Magic Kingdom
Day Two: Magic Kingdom - Part One
Day Two: Magic Kingdom - Part Two

Day Two - Part 1 & 2 - Morgan's Version
Day Two - Part 1 & 2 - Gwen's Version
Day Two: Magic Kingdom (Part Three? I think...)
Day Two: Magic Kingdom Part soemthing... (maybe I should stop the part thing... I already lost track) How about "A Mermaid and a a Tuna"
Day Two: Magic Kingdom: A Ride and A drink
Day Two: Some relaxing
Day Two: Dinner and Fireworks!

Day Two: Gwen's Version - Second half of the day
Day Two: Morgan's Version - Second half of the day

Day Three: Hollywood Studios
Day Three: Hollywood Studios
Day Three: Toy Story Mania
Day Three: Darling...
Day Three: Some people are worth Melting For (Even if they are being Crabby)

Day Three: Star Tours and Pool Time
Day Three: Morgan's Version
Day Three: Gwen's Version

Day Four: Animal Kingdom
Day Four: SpyGlass Breakfast
Day Four: Will we make it to FOP in Time?!
Day Four: Snacks!!!
Day Four: A Yeti and some Fish
Day Four: FInding Nemo
Day Four: Our Journey from Dinoland to Pandoa
Day Four: Pandora
Day Four: "Folks, I took a wrong turn."
Day Four: Gwen's Version
Day Four: Morgan's Version

Day Five: Magic Kingdom
Day Five: Moving Day!
Day Five: Searching for a Lizard
Day Five: Columbia Harbor House Lunch
Day Five: Taking a ride on the Liberty Bell and BACON!!!
Day Five: Splashing through the rest of our day
Day Five: Ohana!!!
Day Five: Our New Home
Day Five: Rain and Dis-Meets for all ages! -
Side Post w/ Dis Meet Photos
Day Five: Morgan's Version

Day Six: Rest Day
Day Six: Rest Day but first Breakfast!

Last edited:

Following along! Can’t wait to read about your adventure!
Thanks!!!!

I'm here and ready to follow along! Morgan looks so grown up compared to your last report!
I know, we always compare the kids to the last report. But just wait! We grabbed a few pics here and there of both of them and they look so grown up. Sigh.

Here too-I like the food photos for the intros!
YEAH! Thanks! And I mean, it's half the reason we go!

So, I want to get this report started! And what better way to do that, than the very very exciting travel day stuff!

Day One: Travel Day & EPCOT

So, this trip was a suprise to the girls. Gwen had asked after our last trip that the next one be a kept a secret. She really wanted to just be told when we were leaving for the airport. So, that is what we planned on doing. Our flight was on Friday, Feb 22nd @ 11:15, so the plan was get the girls ready for school like any other day.

Let me just say, that keeping this trip a secret, was HARD!!! The week leading up to it became VERY challenging. Morgan had a substitute who sent Morgan home with ALL of her books in her desk. So, she a) wanted to know why she had to bring them all home and b) what they hell lady? her backpack weighed literally 40 pounds. Oye. Andy had to take all the books and photocopy the pages, as we were lugging ALL of those books with us.

So, the weekend before I had sent the girls to friends house, so I could pack. And then Thursday night, after the girls went to bed, Andy I packed up the rest of the last minute things and loaded the suitcases into the car.

Friday morning we got up and went about our day. I had asked Andy like a million times what time he wanted to leave and he kept saying 8:30. Now we do live close to the airport but I never like cutting it close. It just stresses me out. I would rather kill time at the airport and have a nice meal than rush and worry about security lines and whatever.

Anyway, we got up and got ready. It was PJ day for Morgan at school, so we had to modify when we were telling the girls, as I needed Morgan in REAL clothes for the airport. I packed up the girls "lunches"

I filled them with all the snacks I wanted them to put in there carryons! (sneaky huh?)

So, Andy left with the girls to "drop" them off at school. Meanwhile, I grabbed the girls Mickey ears, threw mine on and waited for them to come back. Andy gave them a line that he forgot his phone and needed to come back. They pulled in, and Andy opened the mini-van door.

Gwen asked what I was doing? And as you can kind of see in the picture above, Morgan got it immediatly, but Gwen hadn't processed quiet yet.

But she got it eventuallly!

With the news completely revealed, EVERYONE was super excitied to go!

Even Andy!

We all went back inside the house, got the girls changed into airplane/Disney travel clothes (aka - Disney leggings and short sleeve shirts) and emptied out there back packs and got them ready to leave. About this time is when said that our flight left at 11:45 and I said no, it left at 11:15. I seriously told him a million times that it was then, but whatever. We hussled out and we were off to the airport!

We had no issues getting to the airport and headed to long term parking. We waited a little bit for a shuttle bus. I was starting to get those butterflies in my stomach. I just wanted to be through security. But not too long a shuttle came and we were on our way to the terminals.

We checked out bags with Southwest and headed up to security. There was no one in the airport. It was dead! We used the Pre-Check line anyway, which was nice since we didn't have to take off our shoes and empty out all of our electronics. We breezed through security and headed to find our gate. And of course, there was no reason for me to worry about making it on time.

We stopped and grabbed some breakfast to go from Chickie n Pete's. A tradition for us at this point.

Morgan and Gwen decided to split a danish.

Doesn't it look amazing?!? No? They liked it. Gwen also got a chocolate milk (not pictured)

And then Andy and I decided to split an egg sandwich.

This was amazing!!!! And huge!!! It had hot peppers and cheese on it. And came with a side of Crab Fries. Which I love but at 10AM I only need so many. It def hit the spot and hopefully would hold us over till we got to Florida.

Our plane was a little late pulling into the gate, so the girls started on there homework while we waited.

Morgan was not please with the amount of homework being a 5th grader gave her.

Before long we were boarding. I had managed to get us Group A going down, we didn't have an issue getting a row of 3 for us. And then Andy set behind us.

More homework was done on the plane. And is pretty much all they did on the plane. I didn't get to do much as I was helping them with there homework and getting stuff out of there bags and all that fun stuff. The flight was pretty bumpy too! But we made it! Gwen had finished most of her homework but Morgan had a lot more to do. But I told her, she had a whole flight home to work on it some more.

We made it to Orlando on time, I think. And headed to our "first" ride of the trip.

Gwen always points out to us that this is our first ride of the trip.

And I had them take the required photo with Mickey in the airport.

And made our way down to Magical Express. We are pros now, and have no problem finding it. I remember our first trip it seemed like an eternity to find it. It is a long walk down to the end there. The lady checking us at the stand was NOT Magical. She just kind not friendly at all. Our magic bands didn't work, so I had to dig out the paper, and that scanned fine. She sent us to a row with just a few folks in it.

We got our annual magic band shot while we waited.

We didn't wait long, and they started loading us onto a bus. They scanned Gwen's band when we were going to get on, and Gwen's band said the Poly on it. So they asked us where we were going. And we said Caribbean Beach and they were fine with it. But I was worried that our bands were going to be all kinds of messed up. But we loaded onto the bus.

I got to sit next to a duck! The girls always try to grab a seat so they can watch the tvs. They love doing the trivia!

Before long we were on our way. I had still not gotten a room text. But I did get our text about our groceries being delivered!

I am going to leave things here. Up next we arrive at our resort. Also, Morgan and Gwen journaled some of the trip themselves. They did drop off at the end of the trip. But I thought it was be cute to see their perspective on the trip.

Last edited:

My parents were sooo sneaky. We got ready to go to school but we didn't know yet! When my dad forgot his phone he went back to get it but we saw our mom with mouse ears and her phone. #what They said, we would need them for school but then daddy said There is no school, only Disney. #crazytime (For five mins Pleas jump for 5 seconds) We got changed, went to the airport.

**5 hours later**

Ok! We got to Disney.

Last edited:

Today my mom and dad suprised me and my sister. They said that we were going to Disney! Soon we were off, going to the airport. When we got there, my mom and dad told us that they had free check, which let them and us skip all the waiting and walk right in. Soon we were in the gate. I was eating my treat. once I finished the treat, I started my homework and you know when I finished? I don't know yet, I haven't finished it yet. Not much happened on the plane besides my sister freaking out over a couple new players my dad earned. When we landed, I got changed. Then we went to the monorail which me and Gwen call the first ride. It is very short but it counts. Soon we were on the bus to the hotel. It took awhile but eventually we got there.

So excited to be joining in!

Let me just say, that keeping this trip a secret, was HARD!!!

I just don't think I could do that. I kept the girls' 4th birthday cruise a secret, but there's so much less planning with that. Plus, they were younger and less observant, which made it easier to talk in code around them.

But she got it eventuallly!

Great surprise reactions from both girls!

There was no one in the airport. It was dead!

We've had that experience twice now flying out of PHL on a weekday. Our couples flight to Jamaica in September, there was no one in the security line at 9am. Same this trip to Disney. I think it may just be the sweet spot for Philly security.

33479253668_b531211562_z.jpg

OMG, this is the best picture ever!

Nevermind, now this one is my favorite :rotfl::rotfl: Poor baby, no one wants homework on vacation!

My parents were sooo sneaky. We got ready to go to school but we didn't know yet! When my dad forgot his phone he went back to get it but we saw our mom with mouse ears and her phone. #what They said, we would need them for school but then daddy said There is no school, only Disney. #crazytime (For five mins Pleas jump for 5 seconds) We got changed, went to the airport.

**5 hours later**

Ok! We got to Disney.

Today my mom and dad suprised me and my sister. They said that we were going to Disney! Soon we were off, going to the airport. When we got there, my mom and dad told us that they had free check, which let them and us skip all the waiting and walk right in. Soon we were in the gate. I was eating my treat. once I finished the treat, I started my homework and you know when I finished? I don't know yet, I haven't finished it yet. Not much happened on the plane besides my sister freaking out over a couple new players my dad earned. When we landed, I got changed. Then we went to the monorail which me and Gwen call the first ride. It is very short but it counts. Soon we were on the bus to the hotel. It took awhile but eventually we got there.

Ok, having the girls' versions is adorable and I love it!! I also love their very different styles - does it describe their personalities?? My boys are SO different from each other, so I always wonder when I see other siblings.

I look forward to following along.
Thanks for following along!

Here! Can’t wait to read all about your trip.
Thanks for coming over!

So excited to be joining in!
YEAH!!! So glad you are here!

Ok, having the girls' versions is adorable and I love it!! I also love their very different styles - does it describe their personalities?? My boys are SO different from each other, so I always wonder when I see other siblings.
It does! Gwen is more sassy and Morgan is more serious and straight forward. The girls are def very different but thankfully they still get along great!

Yay! Another TR and i’m happy I get to be a part of this one lol.
I love the point of view from Gwen and Morgan, so cute!

That breakfast sandwich looks amazing!

Popping over from your PTR. Love reading the girls’ perspective too. Looking forward to reading more. ( especially how the split stay part went )

Where are those Disney leggings from? I need them for my toddler!

We must live each other, we’re also relatively close to phl. But I’ve never had chickie and Pete’s.

Also, we tried to surprise my older son with a universal trip and he cried and dais he didn’t want to go. I’m glad your reveal went well.

Joining in, sounds like a wonderful surprise for the girls! I love their version of the first day.

I’m excited to hear about the 3 resort stay and all your dis meets!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!